Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe but it'd still be cool if there was just a $500 charge for suit retrieval or something without it affecting your rating. Made more sense for it to be part of SA rating when there was only 1-2 ways to leave the level I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Honestly if I saw a neatly folded designer suit lying around, it'd be hard not to grab it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Honestly if I saw a neatly folded designer suit lying around, it'd be hard not to grab it.

New explosive trap item confirmed.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How do you do the "Getting your hands dirty" challenge during World of Tomorrow? I think it might be bugged for me or something. I've tried shooting her and snapping her neck, but it just does not pop up. I'm wearing the disguise i need,not being detected and afaik fulfilling all the criteria.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dongattack posted:

How do you do the "Getting your hands dirty" challenge during World of Tomorrow? I think it might be bugged for me or something. I've tried shooting her and snapping her neck, but it just does not pop up. I'm wearing the disguise i need,not being detected and afaik fulfilling all the criteria.

Get the disguise, but make sure she's called down first; wait at the pier; follow her into the tunnel/alley where you will be away from the guards; snap crackle pop (and hide the body for good measure).
If it doesn't go off after that, then yes, you're probably bugged — try restarting.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 29, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Frankly I'm amazed how well pressed 47s clothing is after putting them back on despite having sat rumpled in a bag under the hot morrocan sun after having been sweat in by the man himself.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

As if 47 ever breaks a sweat.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Zigmidge posted:

Frankly I'm amazed how well pressed 47s clothing is after putting them back on despite having sat rumpled in a bag under the hot morrocan sun after having been sweat in by the man himself.

The laundry bag keeps that suit looking fresh.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Dongattack posted:

How do you do the "Getting your hands dirty" challenge during World of Tomorrow?.

Pick up someone else's dirty suit laying around on the street next to a puddle of blood.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Tippis posted:

Get the disguise, but make sure she's called down first; wait at the pier; follow her into the tunnel/alley where you will be away from the guards; snap crackle pop (and hide the body for good measure).
If it doesn't go off after that, then yes, you're probably bugged — try restarting.

Yeah, it was bugged. I let her go and got some other challenges instead, then got that one on the next run.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Augh, my completionism- most of the escalations I've completed have a 5/5 or whatever, but they don't have the checkmark next to them!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is this where I go to work as an assassin?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Is this where I go to work as an assassin?

If you want to murder fruits and greens, yes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dongattack posted:

I went a different route with that, killing everyone in the area while she was walking over and then taking out her and her bodyguards with three quick shots. I normally try not to play that way, but it was fun.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sinteres posted:

I went a different route with that, killing everyone in the area while she was walking over and then taking out her and her bodyguards with three quick shots. I normally try not to play that way, but it was fun.

I think you have to be at the meeting yourself, otherwise the cannon would obviously be the best way of getting it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The terminal velocity assassination in Paris. :allears:

It's nice that they threw in some special dialog of Dalia talking poo poo about Viktor, seconds before she splats into him. So far I think my favorite overheard conversation was from an AV crew member hitting on a model. After she humors him and walks away he's like, "Alright, I got through an entire conversation with a girl without saying something stupid. Makin' progress!"

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I just picked this up. Is it better to master one level at a time, or just blow through them all and go back to the parts I want to do again?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I think that's a matter of taste. I went through all of them and then went back. Doing it this way gets you more unlocks to use for the challenges, but some people like to fully complete a mission before moving on.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

GigaPeon posted:

I just picked this up. Is it better to master one level at a time, or just blow through them all and go back to the parts I want to do again?

Either way, really. The important thing is that you do go back, though, at some point. I really think the episodic nature worked with this game, because you'd beat a level, and then you wouldn't have any choice except to go back in and try neat new stuff, which gave you more unlockables and taught you better strategies. So yeah, just make sure you don't just blaze through each level once and then never go back again. But also don't feel like you have to burn yourself out getting to level 20 before you do something else.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

GigaPeon posted:

I wouldn't blow through every level in succession. It's a good idea to take some time in each level to build up your mastery XP. You will unlock some pretty essential gear that will help you out a lot later in the game. You don't need to spend a month on a level like early adopters did, but do spend enough time in a map to build up a strong familiarly with it before moving on to the next one.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
no gear is essential

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GigaPeon posted:

I would really recommend getting to Mastery 10 on a level at least before moving on to the next level.

Mastery 10 usually has some unlocks that will be useful on the next level and it's also usually enough to give a experience of a level before you go to the next one.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The terminal velocity assassination in Paris. :allears:

It's nice that they threw in some special dialog of Dalia talking poo poo about Viktor, seconds before she splats into him.
I wanted to let them live at that point, just because I liked the idea of Viktor being all pissy about the fireworks and Dalia just laughing at him. Now I'm imagining a bonus mission that's entirely about messing with someone, just screwing up their honeymoon or something, but an automatic fail if you actually kill anyone.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I wanted to let them live at that point, just because I liked the idea of Viktor being all pissy about the fireworks and Dalia just laughing at him. Now I'm imagining a bonus mission that's entirely about messing with someone, just screwing up their honeymoon or something, but an automatic fail if you actually kill anyone.

A mission where the goal is to frame a target for another murder might be interesting, although probably not at all in keeping with ICA's methods.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Huh…

So I just noticed this, and I haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere (but then I haven't exactly scoured the patch notes), but at some point they've apparently managed to get rid of the 300-body maximum that made Paris and Marrakesh crash-happy if you started murdering everyone.

I just did a kill-all run on A House Built on Sand, and ended up with 930 bodies, including all the static NPCs. Before, the game would pretty much insta-die when all proper AI-controlled NPCs were dead, and you had to be really careful not to kill too many — or indeed any — of the filler characters.

Time for another run-through of the game, now with more destruction than ever! :D

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

GigaPeon posted:

A lot of the unlocks are starting locations or item drop locations that are both helpful for future playthroughs (and elusive targets), but they don't give you any benefit on other levels. Any guns, weapons, or gadgets will be available for all levels as soon as you unlock them. You can look through what you will unlock at each mastery level and see if there is anything that catches your eye. If so, play to unlock it, if not, just move on.

:siren: Most importantly, remember that you do not have to completely restart the level every time you want to do a different assassination or challenge! :siren:

Essentially you begin an "instance" when you start a level that stays open until you complete it. You can save your game, shove Dalia off the balcony onto Victor, reload your save with both of them alive, and then kill them again a different way for another challenge. You will not get your points and unlocks until you complete all objectives and leave the level, but you can reload and complete as many challenges as you want on a single run ('instance"). This makes it relatively easy to reload repeatedly and gain mastery quickly.

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 29, 2016

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

You will not get your points and unlocks until you complete all objectives and leave the level

This isn't true, you gain points and unlocks the moment you complete a challenge. The mastery progression bar doesn't always update properly right away, but you always get your rewards immediately.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Flakey posted:

This isn't true, you gain points and unlocks the moment you complete a challenge. The mastery progression bar doesn't always update properly right away, but you always get your rewards immediately.

Not that it really matters. If you're doing the save-scrum unlocking method, the whole point is that you keep going with the session you're playing rather than restart, so you can't access those unlocks anyway.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Flakey posted:

For real? I saw it updating my mastery level but figured I needed to go through the unlock screen at the end of the level for it to actually "apply that credit". Does that mean that I've still gotten unlocks for the times I've started a level, completed a few challenges, then saved over the existing saves without ever completing it?

e: It is kind of save-scummy, but the thought of restarting the mission every time to get up to level 20 mastery seemed really daunting before I knew that it wouldn't take away challenges if you reloaded after they were completed. If you save before committing to any one path it just saves the time of going through the loadout grabbing every hammer/screwdriver/wrench that you can find.

It is also good to know that you don't lose the challenge if you die and reload, if that wasn't explicit.

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 29, 2016

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Yeah man.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Got this while the whole package was on sale last week and am very pleased that it runs fairly well on my older PC. I finally finished all the episodes, but I've barely touched escalations and haven't done an elusive target yet. I will be heartbroken if we don't get more seasons.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Gooch181 posted:

Got this while the whole package was on sale last week and am very pleased that it runs fairly well on my older PC. I finally finished all the episodes, but I've barely touched escalations and haven't done an elusive target yet. I will be heartbroken if we don't get more seasons.
Season 2 has been confirmed for some time now.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Accordion Man posted:

Which makes me happy. Now that I've played it I think I feel comfortable buying a full season whenever it launches.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Accordion Man posted:

Fantastic to know! I just discovered I never did the bonus mission in Marrakesh, so time to check it out.

I adore carefully setting up the accident kills and opportunity kills, but there is something special about going in blind and just putzing your first attempt or two.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 29, 2016

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

that's a really good mission, there's a lot of stuff in there even though it's smaller than base marrakech. also it looks pretty.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just got the complete game. However, I am torn between allowing challenge and opportunity descriptions or setting them to minimal.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
lol, another small easter egg was found in Hokkaido.

Really.

It looks like there are also versions of this one on at least a couple other maps, too.

edit:

What happens if you lead the target to the real fortune teller on House Built on Sand?

What happens if you provide a fortune after the meeting goes through successfully?

This game never stops impressing me.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 30, 2016

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

BBJoey posted:

that's a really good mission, there's a lot of stuff in there even though it's smaller than base marrakech. also it looks pretty.

To be fair Marrakech could probably be three levels, bazaar, school and consulate.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Unlucky7 posted:

I just got the complete game. However, I am torn between allowing challenge and opportunity descriptions or setting them to minimal.

I would keep them on while you learn what's up and turn them down or off as you feel like you don't need them. I like keeping opportunity on minimal but definitely turn instinct off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
ET15 kicks off December

https://twitter.com/hitman/status/803952813831233536