Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

He says this like its a bad thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yknow it just occurred to me that when they do finally get to Zaid, White Chain is going to have to try and make Allison hand the key over. and at the rate that Allison is getting Fed Up With This poo poo, i dont think that is going to sit well with her

E: n/m forgot that White Chain told her straight up that she needs to hand it off. still, if she refuses, White Chain is under orders to kill her.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 30, 2016

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
pretty soon it's gonna be 84 white chain or w/e

Why does she have this 2 hander on every cover but has never used it? Does she even have it anymore? Chop some limbs off goddamn.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Why does she have this 2 hander on every cover but has never used it? Does she even have it anymore? Chop some limbs off goddamn.

What kind of shithole do you live in that doesn't have zweihanders as a common fashion accessory? Glaives are so last kalpa.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
One of the bullshit earths my friend, one of the mega bullshit ones.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

paranoid randroid posted:

yknow it just occurred to me that when they do finally get to Zaid, White Chain is going to have to try and make Allison hand the key over. and at the rate that Allison is getting Fed Up With This poo poo, i dont think that is going to sit well with her

E: n/m forgot that White Chain told her straight up that she needs to hand it off. still, if she refuses, White Chain is under orders to kill her.

At that point I sincerely doubt that White Chain is going to buy that Zaid is the chosen one (TM)

Maybe Zaid will be dead or insane by the time we get to him, too. We literally haven't seen him since page... five, or something?

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

We got to see him floating in stasis during the demiurge meeting, I believe.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
84 White Chain Gets Chokeslammed by a Sorority Girl for Trying to Throw Hands

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

*allison spends the first two books in the comic being a literal damsel in distress being pushed by people, she then becomes royalty and finally pushes back at people*
"lol why is she being such a dick????"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Inglonias posted:

At that point I sincerely doubt that White Chain is going to buy that Zaid is the chosen one (TM)

Maybe Zaid will be dead or insane by the time we get to him, too. We literally haven't seen him since page... five, or something?

I believe Abbadon has said that Zaid and Allison will become friends at some point. I expect Zaid to be surprisingly humbled by this whole ordeal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SniperWoreConverse posted:

pretty soon it's gonna be 84 white chain or w/e

She does have it It was in the room with her when she woke up on the ship.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I believe Abbadon has said that Zaid and Allison will become friends at some point. I expect Zaid to be surprisingly humbled by this whole ordeal.

Yeah Zaid is going to be humbled.

Zaid, who cast down the old ones, who pulled the secret names of God from Metatron's bleeding lips and wove a key with them, is going to be humbled.

Sure.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Benson Cunningham posted:

Yeah Zaid is going to be humbled.

Zaid, who cast down the old ones, who pulled the secret names of God from Metatron's bleeding lips and wove a key with them, is going to be humbled.

Sure.

That's Zoss.

Zaid is Alison's BF.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Zoss is the Conquering King :: Zaid is the Boyfriend

Mammon is the Grand Dragon :: Mottom is the Grandma

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Schwarzwald posted:

Zoss is the Conquering King :: Zaid is the Boyfriend

Mammon is the Grand Dragon :: Mottom is the Grandma

Jagganoth is the Huge rear end in a top hat :: Juggernaut is the Prickly rear end in a top hat

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's always that one theory that zaid's life involves a time loop where he gets cast back in time and in his efforts to return to his friend ends up conquering heaven and ripping away the names of god from an angel by force

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ElMaligno posted:

*allison spends the first two books in the comic being a literal damsel in distress being pushed by people, she then becomes royalty and finally pushes back at people*
"lol why is she being such a dick????"

Especially when this is an universe where being the biggest dick means you are the most powerful being in existence

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tollymain posted:

there's always that one theory that zaid's life involves a time loop where he gets cast back in time and in his efforts to return to his friend ends up conquering heaven and ripping away the names of god from an angel by force
That's one way that the prophecy wouldn't be wrong, I suppose.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

That's Zoss.

Zaid is Alison's BF.

Oh my god I think I am dyslexic or something.

Maybe just retarded.

I was hoping Zaid didn't really play any role in the story, and he was just a stand in for a damsel in distress.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Oh my god I think I am dyslexic or something.

Maybe just retarded.

I was hoping Zaid didn't really play any role in the story, and he was just a stand in for a damsel in distress.

I feel like a genuine damsel distress doesn't endure for any length of time in this world.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

December Octopodes posted:

I feel like a genuine damsel distress doesn't endure for any length of time in this world.

I think the powers that be recognize this fact, given that they literally put him in a safety-deposit box.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ElMaligno posted:

I wanna meet the people that stated that allison was being a dick, just to give them an atomic wedgie and a wet willie.

I'd say she's definitely being a dick, but it's understandable and justified.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Yeah Zaid is going to be humbled. Zaid, who cast down the old ones, who pulled the secret names of God from Metatron's bleeding lips and wove a key with them, is going to be humbled. Sure.
Second time in a row!! :laffo:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Kill Six Billion Dios

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Who What Now posted:

I'd say she's definitely being a dick, but it's understandable and justified.

She is not being a dick.

This poo poo is even worse than magic scissors.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Why the gently caress do people keep referring to Zaid like he's a character? He's the boyfriend from the beginning and as far as I know has been stuck in a magic bubble this entire time for stupid bullshit prophecy reasons.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Motherfucker posted:

Why the gently caress do people keep referring to Zaid like he's a character? He's the boyfriend from the beginning and as far as I know has been stuck in a magic bubble this entire time for stupid bullshit prophecy reasons.

He is currently the McGuffin allison is looking for and also a character.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ElMaligno posted:

He is currently the McGuffin allison is looking for and also a character.

Yeah but what has he actually done? I remember some kind of weird star-forehead dude showing up for a dream sequence or whatever but I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually him.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 1, 2016

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Motherfucker posted:

Yeah but what has he actually done? I remember some kind of weird star-forehead dude showing up for a dream sequence or whatever but I'm pretty sure that wasn't him.

He has done jackshit but he is still a character in the comic.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Motherfucker posted:

Yeah but what has he actually done? I remember some kind of weird star-forehead dude showing up for a dream sequence or whatever but I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually him.

That was Incubus, someone else entirely.

Zaid is just a normal dude from Earth who's been mistaken for the king of all creation. He's only important because other people think he is, which in itself does make him somewhat important.

You're right that he hasn't done anything aside from float in place since chapter one.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Jackard posted:

Second time in a row!! :laffo:

It's not nice to make fun of people who are actually retarded.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

It's not nice to make fun of people who are actually retarded.

To be fair I have read far more retarded poo poo in this thread so its no big deal or some poo poo.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zaid is believed by most of the demiurges to be the successor to Zoss.

Zaid is believed by Allison's roommates to be kind of a creep and not trustworthy.

I get the impression that she wasn't really that close to him, especially if Abaddon hints that he's going to end up becoming her friend. Like he was just a mechanism for losing her virginity.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I got the same vibe from him but it would be frankly refreshing if Zaid and Allison's friendship leads them to real romance and not using each other for the status symbol of "Woo, we had sex!" We have far too many stories that act like the road ends at a fork of either friendship or romance.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Thyrork posted:

I got the same vibe from him but it would be frankly refreshing if Zaid and Allison's friendship leads them to real romance and not using each other for the status symbol of "Woo, we had sex!" We have far too many stories that act like the road ends at a fork of either friendship or romance.

There's a strong possibility Allison isn't into dudes at all and was just bowing to social pressure, especially in the context of the prototype of Kill Six Billion Demons.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Zaid's reaction when he gets rescued. Allison is going to be borderline unrecognizable and his last memories are going to be of a giant murdering the hell out of his kidnappers.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The only form of release that Royalty requires comes at the edge of a blade. Sexual relations are a triviality to masters of the universe.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Haystack posted:

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Zaid's reaction when he gets rescued. Allison is going to be borderline unrecognizable and his last memories are going to be of a giant murdering the hell out of his kidnappers.

"Hi Zaid, I've seen the shape of creation and surprisingly it is almost, but not quite, entirely un-wheel-like. By the way I was thinking we should see other people."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The only form of release that Royalty requires comes at the edge of a blade. Sexual relations are a triviality to masters of the universe.

Somebody forgot how the story of Yis and Un went. Bangin' is v important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Love that power is glowing between her bandages. She's a badass.