Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Horn was also well on his way to taking a title fight decision from Frank Shamrock before Shamrock pulled out a weird out-of-nowhere kneebar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Did Cejudo make weight? Will there be a GDT? Does anyone care about this card?

Im watching it probably.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Days after being stripped of a belt and he still hasn't made a public statement on it.

Saturday update: Finally public statement http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/conor-mcgregor-fires-back-at-the-ufc-im-still-the-two-weight-world-champion-120316

quote:

They're trying to strip me. Well, I ain't stripped. I still got that belt. That belt's sitting in my home right now. I'm still the two-weight world champion. Someone's got to come take that off me. I see articles. I see stuff online, but I don’t see the belt not in my presence.

The belt is right there. There's two world titles in my home.

Eddie's still unconscious, what do you mean? I only fought last week. Them belts are mine. Whatever they want to say — 'oh well we took the belt, the belt is this guy's belt' — you can play with those fake belts all you want. Jose was KO'd. Eddie was KO'd.

You're looking at the two weight world champion and that's it!

I'll say to the UFC and I love the company — you're fooling nobody. You're fooling nobody with that. Best of luck to them. I still got them belts. Somebody's got to come take them belts from me physically. Not online. Not through a keyboard. The keyboard warriors trying to take them belts.

You've got to take those belts off me physically to come get them.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Work Friend Keven posted:

You've got to say that GSP had the toughest strength of schedule of anyone. This guy, and I don't know how it happened, but it happened, fought the toughest opponent of his life like 7 times in a row. What are the chances of that?

Probably the best post.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Sounds like theyre going to have to get a search warrant

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Conor needs to start wearing the 145 belt out and about, in public

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If someone has to hold conor down and wrestle his 145 belt away from him why did he have to borrow woodly's belt to pose in the cage with two belts

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ah the puppetmaster defense

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good luck to Tim Elliot tonight, hoping he doesn't get too humiliated in there.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
What a nothing statement, as usual.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I assume he knows that the belt isn't a loving travelling trophy. Every time a new champion is crowned, they have a newly-made belt ready to give away and the old champion can still keep his belt on his mantle as a memento of his reign. The UFC isn't going to break into his house and take it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I think they should just have the 1 belt and not make a new one every time. it would be a nice gesture to future mma athletes to have the belt theyre fighting for be the same one that their childhood heroes held

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I.N.R.I posted:

I think they should just have the 1 belt and not make a new one every time. it would be a nice gesture to future mma athletes to have the belt theyre fighting for be the same one that their childhood heroes held

tim sylvia hosed with his belt on

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Rigel posted:

I assume he knows that the belt isn't a loving travelling trophy. Every time a new champion is crowned, they have a newly-made belt ready to give away and the old champion can still keep his belt on his mantle as a memento of his reign. The UFC isn't going to break into his house and take it.

he wouldn't know because he's never defended a belt

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Rigel posted:

I'm sure you're right and he doesn't know that and he definitely just isn't talking poo poo to get publicity like literally everything else in his life he does.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Google Butt posted:

I wouldn't rule out Tim Sylvia also having hosed his belt

Conor most definitely snorted coke off of his

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Google Butt posted:

nice. obviously in this hypothetical they would clean and polish the belt before title fights in the event of handing it on to a new champion though

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

nice. obviously in this hypothetical they would clean and polish the belt before title fights in the event of handing it on to a new champion though

You can never clean off the Sylvia stink.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

You can never clean off the Sylvia stink.

Exhibit A: the heavyweight division

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Hahahah

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember there is an event tonight and you can pick on it! There's BONUS POINTS available for the Flyweight title fight if you dare.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793425&pagenumber=2

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/2/13376618/feature-what-makes-an-iron-chin-ufc-mma-fighter-science-interview-ko-jaw-ktfo-news

tl;dr - nobody knows, neck strength helps, and chin wears down with more kos. Interesting to see a little science behind it, though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just finished the Jon Jones podcast. It's pretty much what I expected, a dude who's massively immature taking the minimal amount of responsiblity for his own actions.

Joe kind of soft balled him a little bit in some areas but it was at least entertaining enough.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

BlindSite posted:

Just finished the Jon Jones podcast. It's pretty much what I expected, a dude who's massively immature taking the minimal amount of responsiblity for his own actions.

Joe kind of soft balled him a little bit in some areas but it was at least entertaining enough.
he really does delusionally believe himself to be a sweet blameless child and his immense chronic personal flaws are "tests" from a greater power that he habitually fails yet refuses to recognize consequences of or learn from at all

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

he really does delusionally believe himself to be a sweet blameless child and his immense chronic personal flaws are "tests" from a greater power that he habitually fails yet refuses to recognize consequences of or learn from at all

Couldn't have said it better. It's fascinating. It would have been rad if Joe gave him the 'Brendan Schaub crash course of self awareness' but hey.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I guess it's the whole you really do believe you're the hero of your own story type thing.

My actions might have been those of a lovely person who does lovely things to people, but I'm a good person. Honest.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I imagine it's what happens when nothing is ever a child's fault and whenever it fucks up all the important people who are quick to punish and condemn the entire rest of the world bend over backwards to assure you that it's fine and normal to repeatedly poo poo the bed in your mid 20's.

But hell if Tyson grew up so can Jon Jones.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I don't recall this being announced previously, but the Fight Night tv crew just announced TKZ returns February 4 against Joe Benavidez. Heck yes!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

I don't recall this being announced previously, but the Fight Night tv crew just announced TKZ returns February 4 against Joe Benavidez. Heck yes!

is this a weird joke that's growing legs or something?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Dennis Bermudez

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Nah, Joe Benavidez wouldn't fight Dennis Bermudez.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Marching Powder posted:

Couldn't have said it better. It's fascinating. It would have been rad if Joe gave him the 'Brendan Schaub crash course of self awareness' but hey.

There is probably zero chance Jones would listen to that type of lecture and take it seriously given his track record.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://streamable.com/z11e

Lets slip Mike Goldbergs imminent firing, is Eddie Bravo, Joe.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lid posted:

fatherdog posted:

It sounds like they were talking about the MMAAA, Bravo thought Goldberg is on it and then was informed he's not

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

But hell if Tyson grew up so can Jon Jones.

Tyson hit rock bottom so hard he penetrated all the way through the other side of the planet. Does Jones have a manager who is in a position to steal all of his money? Because as long as he's rich, Jones will never learn or be accountable.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
JON JONES: [with all the even metred fake humility he can muster] I just want to apologise to all my fans, you know the lord has been good to me and I hope I can be good in return. What I said was in the heat of the moment, it wasn't really me, I'm a committed Christian and I would definitely make sure the human being loved me before I hosed him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lid posted:

great news if its true. but on the other hand i hope they give him a job that involves something else except for commentating because i dont want to hear him commentate on anything else either. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

great news if its true. but on the other hand i hope they give him a job that involves something else except for commentating because i dont want to hear him commentate on anything else either. :P

fox let him do an nfl game once and when people on twitter made fun of him he had a brief meltdown and got replaced immediately

• Locked thread