Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I heard Henry looked good in this weekend's fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bjorn Rebney is dumber than hell. Today he said that they would "eventually" have to form a union, after they started bargaining with the UFC, the UFC would ask for it to give them an antitrust exemption and they would at that point deserve it as a courtesy.

OK, but if you are not a union now, how will you get them to the bargaining table? By saying mean things about the UFC, thats how. They'll parade around old broken injured fighters and yell all kinds of nasty things about the UFC until they get tired of the negative PR and come to the table.

That of course is not at all how it will play out because MMA is not this super-massive sport with exhaustive coverage on every angle like football or baseball. FOX will ignore them completely, the MMA media will cover their rants and press conferences for a while till they tire of it, and the UFC won't budge. They are going to waste a lot of time and effort before they realize they need to become a union first. By the time they get there, the effort will have soured on a lot of fighters who will no longer go along with it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/ChampionsFight/status/805875619871543297

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dan Henderson is a known drug cheat who's lost all of his fights since he stopped cheating with drugs.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
That may be, but unlike Jon he knows how to not get busted. Speaking of which, is the venue far enough from Jons house that he may have to drive? I remember the UFC footing the bill for Ubers and whatnot but I don't know how tight a ship Chael P Sonnen is running over at Submission Underground.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dan Henderson is a known drug cheat who's lost all of his fights since he stopped cheating with drugs.

he's the middleweight champion and deserves your respect.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Is that the side of getting kicked in the head 27 times in 15 minutes and doing nothing about it?

No the side where he tells the twitter nerd to beat it. Im not interested in his fights

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I heard Henry looked good in this weekend's fight.

really good. in fact i think it could have gone either way and would have scored it for him

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I.N.R.I posted:

really good. in fact i think it could have gone either way and would have scored it for him

All three rounds were so close that there's no way to have scored that fight (without 10-8s) which would have even been in the top 25% of bad scorecards of the year, and there's also no way to have scored it which wouldn't have resulted in a bunch of indignant shitposting.

(the correct score was 29-27 Benevidez)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's good to hear then because his fights up to his title fight were super lame but if he ends up being a top fighter in the division that's good.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dan's still angling for that Jones fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Embedded 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFX4bR30iA

:clint: how's my eye? is it bleeding that fakie movie blood?

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 6, 2016

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Embedded 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFX4bR30iA

:clint: how's my eye? is it bleeding that fakie movie blood?

Week before Toronto fight, training in Cabo: That's So Cowboy

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I love you Cerrone but seriously what the hell is that tattoo. come on man

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Max seems nice and I hope he wins

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

ceaselessfuture posted:

I love you Cerrone but seriously what the hell is that tattoo. come on man

yeah I was wondering if that tattoo on his neck was also a movie magic thing like his eye but then later on in the embedded video, it was still there.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The return of Lando is the 206 main event as far as I'm concerned.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The return of Lando is the 206 main event as far as I'm concerned.

I hope he Drunken Masters another dude this weekend

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

So Dan can now take testosterone without any worry.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

fatherdog posted:

Also regarding that match -

The ground smarts from all that dropping Hall did.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
I can imagine the kids crowding round for the Cowboy-Schilling gym wars soaking up all the wisdom for their pro careers.

Ok, between rounds have a budweiser or at the very least one or two marlboro reds. Got it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/SecretMovesMMA/status/805957699833827329

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Did he get KO'd in the middle of typing that tweet?

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Dana was on ufc unfiltered and he says they offered Cyborg two 145 title fights, the first was turned down because she couldn't make the weight on 8 weeks notice and the second was turned down for less clear reasons. Now I know Dana considers the truth to be optional most of the time but it seems like a weird thing to lie about. The only thing I can think of is she is holding out for that elusive Ronda fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm going to say that the reasons they were turned down was that the UFC found someone who wasn't a: homeless vagrant woman, a soccer mum that weighs 125lbs soaking wet or Holly Holm, but she's not allowed to kick because of an old, undiscovered rule in the Brazilian commision's rulebook.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
He also addressed the Conor thing saying he said he was going to have to give up one of the belts way in advance which I guess he did, don't really have a problem with that bit tbh.

Still doesn't change the fact that they used dark magic to create an interim belt when Aldo seems pretty healthy and able to fight Anthony or Max right away.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Dan Didio posted:

I'm going to say that the reasons they were turned down was that the UFC found someone who wasn't a: homeless vagrant woman, a soccer mum that weighs 125lbs soaking wet or Holly Holm, but she's not allowed to kick because of an old, undiscovered rule in the Brazilian commision's rulebook.

You're actually on the money there. First one was Holly and the second one was De Randamie so yeah no hobos or soccer moms.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

mistakinder posted:

He also addressed the Conor thing saying he said he was going to have to give up one of the belts way in advance which I guess he did, don't really have a problem with that bit tbh.

Still doesn't change the fact that they used dark magic to create an interim belt when Aldo seems pretty healthy and able to fight Anthony or Max right away.
Aldo wanted a full camp for Pettis or Holloway at 206 or 207 for the real belt, because he'd been preparing for Conor at 205 or earlier, then he found out that wasn't happening and Conor was keeping the belt, so he told them to go gently caress themselves and probably just watched Sexy Hot in the meanwhile. Got to store up that juice.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

mistakinder posted:

You're actually on the money there. First one was Holly and the second one was De Randamie so yeah no hobos or soccer moms.

The funniest thing about that is that Cyborg still holds a considerable size advantage over either of those two, fairly large, women and could very easily beat either for a number of reasons.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think it is unreasonable for Aldo not wanting to take Holloway or Pettis on short notice.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

The following table takes a look at the biggest and most notable fight camps in MMA and their injury rates. The fighters included are ones who have been scheduled for 5+ UFC fights between 2009 and 2016. Injuries are only counted for fighters who were booked for a fight, but had to pull out due to an injury.

Alliance being the lowest is kind of amazing when you consider it includes Cruz.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Why would cyborg deal in chance when she's already got a legion of bloggers full of terrible opinions and dudes who absolutely love apartment wrestling whether they know it or not rocketing her up the p4p chart despite being the polar opposite of what the p4p rankings are supposed to be applauding.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think it is unreasonable for Aldo not wanting to take Holloway or Pettis on short notice.

I agree.

Marching Powder posted:

Why would cyborg deal in chance when she's already got a legion of bloggers full of terrible opinions and dudes who absolutely love apartment wrestling whether they know it or not rocketing her up the p4p chart despite being the polar opposite of what the p4p rankings are supposed to be applauding.

I don't care about P4P at all, but she knocked Frankie Edgar out of the rankings, which is the dumbest loving thing I've ever heard.

Also, apparently, those two proposed fights were to kick off a Featherweight division for her to crush cans in, so congrats to Cyborg on once again torpedoing her career out of sheer stupidity. In ten years, Holly Holm will be retired and Cyborg will start calling her a coward on VR-Reddit for refusing to fight her.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dan Didio posted:

I don't care about P4P at all, but she knocked Frankie Edgar out of the rankings, which is the dumbest loving thing I've ever heard.

In order to be in the P4P you need to win fights. Something that Edgar is incapable of doing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Frankie Edgar has won at least one fight clean and never been defeated by a deaf man's forehead, two things the GOAT Jon Jones can never claim.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 6, 2016

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Frankie also has the record for holding a belt 3 weight classes above his ideal fighting weight, if he did it the other way around like conor he might have ended up being a dominant flyweight/bantamweight double belt holder instead of nearly being beaten to death every first round of a lightweight title fight

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

In order to be in the P4P you need to win fights. Something that Edgar is incapable of doing.

He just beat Jeremy Stephens and you post this stupid poo poo? I know it is your gimmick to be an idiot but come on man.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He just beat Jeremy Stephens and you post this stupid poo poo? I know it is your gimmick to be an idiot but come on man.

I'm not sure it's a gimmick

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Marching Powder posted:

Rankings don't pay the bills.

She's pretty much said she's holding out for money fights, which she's stated consists of Rousey or any other top 135er, at 145 of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Obviously P4P then by beating the likes of a win one, lose one kind of fighter.

• Locked thread