Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

IRQ posted:

Due to not having plates? The temp plates they print out of a regular rear end printer and shove in a plastic sleeve? Oy vey.

Also he bought a Volt? Oh dear.

Can he be talked sense to? This is shady as hell and buying a colt isn't a great decision in the first place. Lease those depreciation boat anchors if anything.

The Volt's not a bad car. It's reliable, GM overengineered the battery, and the gas engine means range won't be a huge issue even as the battery degrades. The ergonomics aren't perfect, but not everybody needs five seats. The depreciation is only nasty if you look at it without considering the tax incentives that the original buyer definitely factored in, and if you plan to own it for the long haul, depreciation is a good thing. You want a good car that the market values for pennies.

cat_herder posted:

are the newer MYs of Civics as good? 2007 is a nine-year-old car, I'm worried about what may be needed in the near future in terms of maintenance and parts wearing out.

edit: I found this, which is hella cute, but I don't know anything about how good Mitsubishi is supposed to be. https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5914192687.html

and I rented an Altima ten years ago and liked the CVT in that, I thought it made it fun to drive, but I don't have a huge preference either way. I'm fine with an automatic, I just wanted something (a little bit) cool. :shobon:

If you want a small cute hatchback, the last-gen Mazda2 is infinitely better than the Mirage.

If you want it to be fun to drive, get it in a stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Space Gopher posted:

The Volt's not a bad car. It's reliable, GM overengineered the battery, and the gas engine means range won't be a huge issue even as the battery degrades. The ergonomics aren't perfect, but not everybody needs five seats. The depreciation is only nasty if you look at it without considering the tax incentives that the original buyer definitely factored in, and if you plan to own it for the long haul, depreciation is a good thing. You want a good car that the market values for pennies.

If you're gonna keep the car for a dog's age, why does the depreciation matter at all, fast or slow?

Honest question, I'm a loving dullard at money :(

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

cat_herder posted:

are the newer MYs of Civics as good? 2007 is a nine-year-old car, I'm worried about what may be needed in the near future in terms of maintenance and parts wearing out.

edit: I found this, which is hella cute, but I don't know anything about how good Mitsubishi is supposed to be. https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5914192687.html

Do not buy a Mitsubishi period.

Your financial situation is unfortunately not ideal. Low credit scores coupled with low cash on hand means you're going to be paying for something, somewhere. You may want to have a serious talk with a local mechanic about how much you are likely to spend on that Alero in the next few years. Fix the side mirrors with junkyard mirrors, fix the suspension, etc. Double that number. Does it still make sense to finance a car?

Assume you will need to spend $1,000 in 3 years on repairing something in your new-to-you car. If you're having trouble with hitting things (both mirrors? front collision?) consider a defensive driving course. Or ask a friend to give you some pointers.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Ciaphas posted:

If you're gonna keep the car for a dog's age, why does the depreciation matter at all, fast or slow?

Honest question, I'm a loving dullard at money :(

The main thing is that you want the depreciation to hit the previous owner as hard as possible, so you can buy the car for less. Because of how percentages and compounding work, a higher rate of depreciation means that a lot more of the total loss will be front-loaded.

Ideally, that fast depreciation is for silly irrational reasons like "why should I buy a car that's good on gas when gas has been cheap for the past little while?"

After you own it, eh, who cares what happens. If you live somewhere with a significant vehicle excise tax it'll be a bit cheaper, but there's not really any further benefit. Insurance might also be a bit cheaper, but with a cheap car you're probably better with liability and medical only, so, again, eh.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Space Gopher posted:

The main thing is that you want the depreciation to hit the previous owner as hard as possible, so you can buy the car for less. Because of how percentages and compounding work, a higher rate of depreciation means that a lot more of the total loss will be front-loaded.

Ideally, that fast depreciation is for silly irrational reasons like "why should I buy a car that's good on gas when gas has been cheap for the past little while?"

After you own it, eh, who cares what happens. If you live somewhere with a significant vehicle excise tax it'll be a bit cheaper, but there's not really any further benefit. Insurance might also be a bit cheaper, but with a cheap car you're probably better with liability and medical only, so, again, eh.

Ah, sorry, I was thinking we were talking about buying a new car since the original subject was a '17 Volt, and didn't understand the idea that depreciation happening to you faster is somehow beneficial. My misunderstanding.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Ah, sorry, I was thinking we were talking about buying a new car since the original subject was a '17 Volt, and didn't understand the idea that depreciation happening to you faster is somehow beneficial. My misunderstanding.

Apologies - I had gotten mixed up and thought the Volt was used.

Please read my red text rather than my posts.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
What's the general consensus here on recent (past 5-6 years) American muscle cars, like Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers? I may be in a position to get a new set of wheels here soon and I wouldn't mind switching out my 21 year old Lexus for something else with 6 cylinders but a little more to look at.

I'm personally enamored with the Challenger, wanted one since I was a kid, but overall what's the state of newer American muscle cars these days?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rick Sanchez posted:

What's the general consensus here on recent (past 5-6 years) American muscle cars, like Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers? I may be in a position to get a new set of wheels here soon and I wouldn't mind switching out my 21 year old Lexus for something else with 6 cylinders but a little more to look at.

I'm personally enamored with the Challenger, wanted one since I was a kid, but overall what's the state of newer American muscle cars these days?

I would go Mustang over Challenger. I had one as a rental recently and it just wasn't that fun compared to a rental Mustang.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

H110Hawk posted:

I would go Mustang over Challenger. I had one as a rental recently and it just wasn't that fun compared to a rental Mustang.

I think it depends on what you want.
The mustang is the better car, no doubt. It handles better, seems to be put together better, and is easier to park.
The Challenger is a V8 sofa, which is fun it its own way. It also has great road presence. The scat packs are an amazing deal. They can also fit an actual adult sized human in the back.
Camaros are kinda meh to me. Very poor visibility and not as "fun" in a childish way like the challenger.

If you had a v6 rental Challenger, it wouldn't compare because that car is heavy as gently caress. They V8 ones are just hilarious in a juvenile way. You have to get it in an obnoxious color. No loving grey.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Rick Sanchez posted:

Well, in many ways the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger are better now than they've ever been. Fast as hell (at least the V8 models, and the current V6 models are comparable to what V8 cars were running just a few years ago.) And with much better ride & handling than prior generations. Even the interiors are pretty nice.

No such thing as a free lunch though; prices have been climbing, especially on the V8s. At MSRP with popular options, a new V8 Camaro and Mustang are going to crack 40k, which kind of blows my mind. I'm old so I remember when you could get a late '80s Mustang LX 5.0 for like 13k, and my 1995 Z28 was 20k out the door.)

The current gen Camaro has tremendous performance, but the visibility would take some getting used to. I currently have a 2011 Mustang GT that is very practical and easy to drive while still having more power than I can use in most street driving situations. It's also been very reliable. I can't decide what my next car will be, as everything seems kind of expensive, and I'm not sure reliability hasn't taken a step back due to all the tech on new cars.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
Should I be wary of a used car that has a lot of miles driven per year? I'm considering this 2011 Mazda 3 with 100k miles, which is close to 20k miles a year. Considering how little I drive (~5000 miles a year), I'm not terribly concerned about high mileage on a modern car. But is it a red flag when a car has been driven this much in a relatively short time period?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Kefit posted:

Should I be wary of a used car that has a lot of miles driven per year? I'm considering this 2011 Mazda 3 with 100k miles, which is close to 20k miles a year. Considering how little I drive (~5000 miles a year), I'm not terribly concerned about high mileage on a modern car. But is it a red flag when a car has been driven this much in a relatively short time period?

Not as long as it has been maintained and wasn't a fleet vehicle or something.

They've had that car for 3 months, so you should be able to get a good deal. 90 days is when dealers start getting ansy about used cars.

nm fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 13, 2016

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Number_6 posted:

No such thing as a free lunch though; prices have been climbing, especially on the V8s. At MSRP with popular options, a new V8 Camaro and Mustang are going to crack 40k, which kind of blows my mind. I'm old so I remember when you could get a late '80s Mustang LX 5.0 for like 13k, and my 1995 Z28 was 20k out the door.)

20k in 1995 is about 32k in 2016 dollars. A Camaro 1SS MSRP is 38k, and you can no doubt pick one up for a grand or two under MSRP if not more. So it's really not much more expensive than it used to be, especially when you consider that the 2017 Camaro is a hell of a lot more and nicer car than a 1995 was in its day.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I found that the very newest Camaro is a better drive than the very newest Mustang (both V6s) but I hate current American muscle car interiors. So gimmicky. Visibility on the Camaro is hilariously bad, too.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll definitely take a Challenger for a spin before I buy one, but I'll give some more consideration to a Mustang because of what everyone says.

Are 2010-2013 models pretty good (for both cars)? Or should I aim for 2014-2016?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

nm posted:

I think it depends on what you want.
The mustang is the better car, no doubt. It handles better, seems to be put together better, and is easier to park.
The Challenger is a V8 sofa, which is fun it its own way. It also has great road presence. The scat packs are an amazing deal. They can also fit an actual adult sized human in the back.

Why would you put an adult human where your luggage goes? :confused:

(I just like the styling better, I think they are both pretty capable hooning vehicles with the high HP models.)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rick Sanchez posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll definitely take a Challenger for a spin before I buy one, but I'll give some more consideration to a Mustang because of what everyone says.

Are 2010-2013 models pretty good (for both cars)? Or should I aim for 2014-2016?

Don't buy a 2010 Mustang. The new engines came in 2011 and are vastly superior in every possible way.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Guinness posted:

20k in 1995 is about 32k in 2016 dollars. A Camaro 1SS MSRP is 38k, and you can no doubt pick one up for a grand or two under MSRP if not more. So it's really not much more expensive than it used to be, especially when you consider that the 2017 Camaro is a hell of a lot more and nicer car than a 1995 was in its day.

Having spent years riding in / driving a '94 Z28, and then a blessed few hours flogging a ~2014ish Camaro SS at Bondurant, the latter is absolutely the better deal. Visibility sucks on both for different reasons. The old one, the nose drops off so much that you can't see any point of reference at all for where the front of the car is. New one, the windows are loving tiny.

I feel like these cars are close enough that any one sampled by itself still feels good, even if the Camaro is almost certainly the weakest overall package of the three. And for being a "V8 couch", I can testify that a Challenger SRT8 in capable hands is mind-bendingly fast from the passenger seat.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I found that the very newest Camaro is a better drive than the very newest Mustang (both V6s) but I hate current American muscle car interiors. So gimmicky. Visibility on the Camaro is hilariously bad, too.

The newest V6 Mustang is the cheap fleet version without the performance package and taller rear end(?), to get the PP you have to step up to the I4. On the newest Camaro it's the opposite, the I4 is the cheap one and the V6 is the step up. I think the Camaro V6 is ~340hp v like 298 on the Mustang V6.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Twerk from Home posted:

Don't buy a 2010 Mustang. The new engines came in 2011 and are vastly superior in every possible way.

BOOM. That's the kind of advice I'm looking for. Thanks.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

H110Hawk posted:

Do not buy a Mitsubishi period.

Your financial situation is unfortunately not ideal. Low credit scores coupled with low cash on hand means you're going to be paying for something, somewhere. You may want to have a serious talk with a local mechanic about how much you are likely to spend on that Alero in the next few years. Fix the side mirrors with junkyard mirrors, fix the suspension, etc. Double that number. Does it still make sense to finance a car?

Assume you will need to spend $1,000 in 3 years on repairing something in your new-to-you car. If you're having trouble with hitting things (both mirrors? front collision?) consider a defensive driving course. Or ask a friend to give you some pointers.

This makes a lot of sense, thank you. I appreciate it. Honestly I wish I could just use public transportation; I have a lot of trouble with attention span and spatial awareness (gonna see occupational therapy for this) and I'd rather leave it up to someone else to drive; however, my husband and I are both disabled and often need the car to get to appointments. Also, one of the mirrors (passenger side) was stolen at some point, it looks surgically removed, no broken plastic or anything. The rest of it is my fault, again with the attention span and spatial awareness stuff :sigh:

I'll definitely talk to the mechanic about it in a while. Taking it in today to have the brakes looked at under warranty.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

cat_herder posted:

This makes a lot of sense, thank you. I appreciate it. Honestly I wish I could just use public transportation; I have a lot of trouble with attention span and spatial awareness (gonna see occupational therapy for this) and I'd rather leave it up to someone else to drive; however, my husband and I are both disabled and often need the car to get to appointments. Also, one of the mirrors (passenger side) was stolen at some point, it looks surgically removed, no broken plastic or anything. The rest of it is my fault, again with the attention span and spatial awareness stuff :sigh:

I'll definitely talk to the mechanic about it in a while. Taking it in today to have the brakes looked at under warranty.

In that case you guys might want to stick to beaters in general. Your cost of repairs are going to be simply higher than other peoples and trying to maintain a cosmetically clean car is going to be an exercise in futility as you have discovered. Plus, you should help your credit score by not having to worry about car loans. At 5xx you've missed some payments recently and that is going to be reflected in your very high interest rate. Suddenly $200/month is $40/month interest payments compared to someone with good credit. (2% vs 10% on a $9k loan at 60 months.)

If by mechanic you mean the dealership, do not ask their opinion on long term maintenance costs. Ask all of your friends who they see for their mechanic and why they like them. You're looking for the one who tells them they don't need things they think they do, as in, are honest and turning down work that they don't have to sell. ("I think I need new brakes" -> "Actually there is plenty left on the pads and rotors, they're just squeaky. We'll keep an eye on them at your oil changes.")

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Proposed Budget: $10,000-$20,000
New or Used: Used
Body Style: Truck
How will you be using the car?: I plan on getting a small trailer to tow potentially my zero turn 65inch deck mower, and other things but nothing crazy like a boat or anything. This is going to not be a daily driver but I don't want to consistently do maintenance on it because I don't have alot of spare time. Mainly need something to tow not super heavy stuff and haul wood and crap in the trailer.
What aspects are most important to you?: Reliability and Cost of Ownership/Maintence. I can't afford for the drat thing to break down when my wife is using it. Also not looking for something super long or huge so the wife feels comfortable driving it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ranger 4.0 or whatever domestic half ton tickles your fancy.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

H110Hawk posted:

In that case you guys might want to stick to beaters in general. Your cost of repairs are going to be simply higher than other peoples and trying to maintain a cosmetically clean car is going to be an exercise in futility as you have discovered. Plus, you should help your credit score by not having to worry about car loans. At 5xx you've missed some payments recently and that is going to be reflected in your very high interest rate. Suddenly $200/month is $40/month interest payments compared to someone with good credit. (2% vs 10% on a $9k loan at 60 months.)

If by mechanic you mean the dealership, do not ask their opinion on long term maintenance costs. Ask all of your friends who they see for their mechanic and why they like them. You're looking for the one who tells them they don't need things they think they do, as in, are honest and turning down work that they don't have to sell. ("I think I need new brakes" -> "Actually there is plenty left on the pads and rotors, they're just squeaky. We'll keep an eye on them at your oil changes.")

yeah I don't go near dealerships, they cost a ton and just want you to buy another car. I go to a local independent shop for car care; they're pretty good, but regularly horrified at the condition of my ride. and there's a warranty on their work so...

I'll probably just keep driving the Alero as long as possible. it just sucks because stuff is constantly going wrong and I feel bad for costing my mom so much money. Apparently I just bent my brake line a little bit at some point and the caliper seized, so a bunch of stuff needs doing on it again. I'll probably just ask my mom to pay for a year-long bus pass for me and only drive when I absolutely need to :sigh:

thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it <3

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

cat_herder posted:

yeah I don't go near dealerships, they cost a ton and just want you to buy another car. I go to a local independent shop for car care; they're pretty good, but regularly horrified at the condition of my ride. and there's a warranty on their work so...

I'll probably just keep driving the Alero as long as possible. it just sucks because stuff is constantly going wrong and I feel bad for costing my mom so much money. Apparently I just bent my brake line a little bit at some point and the caliper seized, so a bunch of stuff needs doing on it again. I'll probably just ask my mom to pay for a year-long bus pass for me and only drive when I absolutely need to :sigh:

thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it <3

You sound like a person who should learn to do their own work if you have the time to do it. Whatever tools you need to buy will pay for themselves on the first use.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

We'll have to find a place to do any work because our apartment complex doesn't allow it to be done in their lots. I have no idea why.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Ranger 4.0 or whatever domestic half ton tickles your fancy.

So here's the thing that I don't get. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Renegade and it has a towing capacity of 2,000lbs and the ranger is only 1,000lbs more... It seems like 3,000lbs towing capacity isn't very much?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

cat_herder posted:

Uber can be surprisingly affordable depending upon just how often these appointments are, and assuming you live in an area where people are doing it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

fyallm posted:

So here's the thing that I don't get. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Renegade and it has a towing capacity of 2,000lbs and the ranger is only 1,000lbs more... It seems like 3,000lbs towing capacity isn't very much?

Well, it's not...but the Ranger is a small truck.

I mean, you've got to buy the vehicle that matches your towing needs.

What is it exactly that you don't get?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Well they don't sell the Ranger anymore so problem solved.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Thermopyle posted:

Well, it's not...but the Ranger is a small truck.

I mean, you've got to buy the vehicle that matches your towing needs.

What is it exactly that you don't get?

I guess I just can't visualize 3,000lbs and what that equates to and if it will match my needs?

edit: "Well they don't sell the Ranger anymore so problem solved." I can't buy any used?

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

fyallm posted:

I guess I just can't visualize 3,000lbs and what that equates to and if it will match my needs?

edit: "Well they don't sell the Ranger anymore so problem solved." I can't buy any used?

If you want something to visualize 3000 lbs, that would be the equivalent of a pulling a ford focus around.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

HolyDukeNukem posted:

If you want something to visualize 3000 lbs, that would be the equivalent of a pulling a ford focus around.

Thanks that does help!

Also, what about 2wd vs 4wd in a truck? I am in ohio so we get snow and I have seen people go back and forth about whether or not it is needed. But again this isn't going to be a daily driver..

Also if it is gas, what amount of miles do trucks usually start having alot of mechanical problems?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Do you plan to drive the truck in the snow?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Do you plan to drive the truck in the snow?

I am sure the occasion might present itself.

Sea Pancake
Dec 2, 2013
Proposed Budget: $9000 - $10,500
Body Style: Hatchback or sedan
How will you be using the car?: Daily driving; I commute on the interstate about 30 minutes each way. We live in a warm climate, so only the occasional snow.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, good mileage, fairly inexpensive to maintain. And it must be an automatic transmission. My last car was a '98 Camry that didn't have air conditioning for the last 6 months I had it, so pretty much anything will be an upgrade.

I'm sharing a '13 Fiesta right now and while I love the maneuverability of a little car and the storage of a hatchback, I don't love how the Fiesta drives, especially the way it shudders when you accelerate from a stop. Something to do with the PowerShift transmission.

I have good experiences with Toyotas and Hondas, and have had Mazdas recommended by friends. My list to consider so far is:

Honda: Fit, Accord, Civic
Toyota: Camry, Yaris, Corolla
Mazda: 3

Based on my budget and what I've seen available I think the car will probably be a 2011 - 2013 model year. Help me narrow down my list! Are any of those cars at those model years garbage? How do I decide between essentially the same car by different makers? And any other cars I should consider?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

fyallm posted:

I am sure the occasion might present itself.

Do you need to drive the truck in the snow?
If it snows, are you going to be able to change your plans to not include driving the truck?
How inconvenient would this be for you?
How often does it snow where you live and how much?
What's the $ value to you of the convenience of being able to drive the truck in the snow without issue?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sea Pancake posted:

Proposed Budget: $9000 - $10,500
Body Style: Hatchback or sedan
How will you be using the car?: Daily driving; I commute on the interstate about 30 minutes each way. We live in a warm climate, so only the occasional snow.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, good mileage, fairly inexpensive to maintain. And it must be an automatic transmission. My last car was a '98 Camry that didn't have air conditioning for the last 6 months I had it, so pretty much anything will be an upgrade.

I'm sharing a '13 Fiesta right now and while I love the maneuverability of a little car and the storage of a hatchback, I don't love how the Fiesta drives, especially the way it shudders when you accelerate from a stop. Something to do with the PowerShift transmission.

I have good experiences with Toyotas and Hondas, and have had Mazdas recommended by friends. My list to consider so far is:

Honda: Fit, Accord, Civic
Toyota: Camry, Yaris, Corolla
Mazda: 3

Based on my budget and what I've seen available I think the car will probably be a 2011 - 2013 model year. Help me narrow down my list! Are any of those cars at those model years garbage? How do I decide between essentially the same car by different makers? And any other cars I should consider?

Sell it to Michael Scott, who's loving retarded.

You can also buy a manual small Ford if you don't have a physical disability that prevents you from learning how to drive a manual transmission vehicle. This eliminates the issues with the horrible transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

fyallm posted:

Renegade is a unibody car, while Ranger is an actual truck, albeit small. Don't be fooled by their similar ride height.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Sell it to Michael Scott, who's loving retarded.
Haha, drat

Sea Pancake, your list is good. Start with the Fit, because you'll probably end up with one.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 15, 2016