Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Richie Stardust posted:

I made a touch sensitive nightlight for my little daughter today with an arduino uno and some LEDs. As I typed out my sketch the whole VOID { some loving function } line dawned on me. I don't know how I was so dense before, but it just made sense all of a sudden that of course we use VOID, we don't need a return from this function....anyway, I'm applying at CIG.

Edit: gonna make it big time

You're probably overqualified. Maybe you can control the video editing suite instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So how much money is Sandi wearing? The outfit, the watch, the jewelry? That's like 6,000 bucks probably.

I like that I get to hear Sandi whispering in my ear while Ben gesticulates.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

imagine ben, jiggling in glorious 4k

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BeefThief posted:

imagine ben, jiggling in glorious 4k

There are a lot of gif moments in that stream.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lol Star Marine is awful. wtfosauraus just shot a guy eight times with a shotgun at close range and the other guy didn't die because this poo poo is broken.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TheLightPurges posted:

The internal schedule is BS. Like its just made up on the spot. Its never right and I hope to god the devs actually have a professional schedule that at least mildly adheres to reality.

Schedules just hold the developers back commando

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
on the front page, all head full to maximum lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

So how much money is Sandi wearing? The outfit, the watch, the jewelry? That's like 6,000 bucks probably.

the guy in the background is so so so hilarious.

the whole prduction looked like a bad tim and eric concept

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

trucutru posted:

Counterpoint: Raisins are good.

Raisins are awful and not natural.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

thatguy posted:

I didn't read the thread today and just finished watching the livestream and I'm blown away. I'm sure everything I want to say has already been said but I've been following this poo poo-show since the Kickstarter and I sincerely think that today has been one of the worst things that has ever happened to CIG.

This is nothing more than the classic case of them both rising above their station in life. Without the luck of KS and crowdsourcing, this project would never have gotten off the ground. There is a very real reason he has created the anti-publisher view that you see the faithful repeating across internet. It is because none of the banks and major publishers wanted to do business with him. After he got chased out of Hollywood and had to resort to hocking used cars making $90k and living in L.A. is not a real luxurious lifestyle. Chris would never have risen to the level of CEO anywhere. He had no business even trying. He should have hired one and elevated his station to "Visioneering". The CEO would have been the buffer between the work and the idiot and gotten poo poo delivered. Sandi has no business anywhere near being the forward face of the company. She has a visibly negative countenance that I find irritable.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

The internal schedule is BS. Like its just made up on the spot. Its never right and I hope to god the devs actually have a professional schedule that at least mildly adheres to reality.

What does your heart tell you commando?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

on the front page, all head full to maximum lol

This is pretty much the first time a CIG release has just extended and amplified the backers anger. Pure disappointment and rioting in response to a release is new ground.

I think the discontent has been growing each time, and the time for backers to get there has been shorter and shorter. This is the release where the discontent wasn't reversed into smug optimism and a funding spike, and instead is just now unchecked for ??? time.

They finally ran out of poo poo to convincingly lie about and just can not deliver. This is going to be interesting in terms of funding if CIG was already going to be downsizing and was in trouble.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

That was unexpected and really drat good. I laughed far harder than I have in a long time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Some images for those who missed them. The whole uncut stream may still be there on twitch.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

grimcreaper posted:

Raisins are awful and not natural.

I bet that, when you were a kid, someone gave you raisins on Halloween and you're still pissed.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This is pretty much the first time a CIG release has just extended and amplified the backers anger. Pure disappointment and rioting in response to a release is new ground.

I think the discontent has been growing each time, and the time for backers to get there has been shorter and shorter. This is the release where the discontent wasn't reversed into smug optimism and a funding spike, and instead is just now unchecked for ??? time.

They finally ran out of poo poo to convincingly lie about and just can not deliver. This is going to be interesting in terms of funding if CIG was already going to be downsizing and was in trouble.

I'm sure we'll see that with MoMA soon enough.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The beefeater person seems to be fairly intoxicated. I am glad that someone involved with the production of this is having a good time.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361907/wallet-closed/p1

Ponzi'ing people is still possible this day in age.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Can't wait for Toast's twists and lies. Maybe even Lazrin/Lethality/FacstAreUseless will make a smuggy comeback for a final meltdown. But i guess it's too much too ask and i'll stick with Dr. Smart happening in weeks not months.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/JK8M7LG.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/Ahmk95y.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/EafZysQ.mp4

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Sandi is low key, for her. Dress looks like a Yisgal Azrouel from a couple of years ago, maybe $800. If the necklace is Roberto Coin, it's around $1200, but if it's something else in a similar style, maybe $500. Rings are likely not too crazy, maybe $300 per. The watch I couldn't guess. Not a watch person.

So with the $1200 bag, again from a few years ago, she's certainly wearing a few months' rent for most people, but the backers will never know.

I am starting to wonder if she buys stuff used. She is certainly short and slender enough to have her pick at fancy consignment stores (always easier to take things in or hem them shorter, not easy to let them out or take the hems down).

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5it20l/today_was_an_amazing_day/

quote:

Today was an amazing day. I was home to watch the Holiday Live Stream. Jarred and Tyler's 2.6 gameplay video was amazing. Laugh out Loud funny. CIG gave us an amazing live event. The flaws in the audio were amazing. They poured gasoline on the troll fire burning beneath the bridge. The flaws in the presentation sieved out the rubble leaving only rocks beholden. It left behind believers. The Citizens that know what this project really means. The Citizens with families. The still human beings. Thank you Sandy. Thank you Chris. Thanks you all...for all of this.

has anyone said not a cult yet?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gently caress this piece of poo poo cult. Toying with my feelings for wing commander.

I had a huge respect for Wing Commander and how it tried to convey story. I really liked Freelancer. But right now? It's a hundred times worse than DLCs.

gently caress you Chris Roberts. Your foolish ambitious vision resulted in ruining everything involving crowdfunding.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 17, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/KNjHACx.mp4

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

:ohdear:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Citizen recently surpassed Grand Theft Auto V to become the 3rd most expensive game in history, in terms of development cost.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

trucutru posted:

I bet that, when you were a kid, someone gave you raisins on Halloween and you're still pissed.

No. I just loving hate raisins. They are disgusting and terrible. Clearly a creation of Croberts If there's anything he... wait

Star Citizen is basically a raisin of what it was supposed to be. I get it now.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

BeefThief posted:

Star Citizen recently surpassed Grand Theft Auto V to become the 3rd most expensive game in history, in terms of development cost.

Will it capture the elusive title of most disappointing game of all time? For me, it would have to be worse than SimCity 5. But if anyone can beat EA, it is the crobbler.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

No. I just loving hate raisins. They are disgusting and terrible. Clearly a creation of Croberts If there's anything he... wait

Star Citizen is basically a raisin of what it was supposed to be. I get it now.

An idea, spoiled and dried out on the vine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

Sandi is low key, for her. Dress looks like a Yisgal Azrouel from a couple of years ago, maybe $800. If the necklace is Roberto Coin, it's around $1200, but if it's something else in a similar style, maybe $500. Rings are likely not too crazy, maybe $300 per. The watch I couldn't guess. Not a watch person.

So with the $1200 bag, again from a few years ago, she's certainly wearing a few months' rent for most people, but the backers will never know.

I am starting to wonder if she buys stuff used. She is certainly short and slender enough to have her pick at fancy consignment stores (always easier to take things in or hem them shorter, not easy to let them out or take the hems down).

You should do some soul searching

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

You should do some soul searching

You should call your parents.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

your backer dollars at work

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that the monitor was already broken in some way

there are a distressing number of fat men wearing undersized shirts in that livestream

Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Don't let children breath your smoke
That stream was nothing short of a shameful display.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a VOD or am I SOL for missing it live?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Ash1138 posted:

i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that the monitor was already broken in some way
Extra points if it was actually broken in a violent outburst.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is there a VOD or am I SOL for missing it live?
https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/107852817

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

IncredibleIgloo posted:

You should call your parents.

Unless your parents are jerks and/or toxic to your mental well-being. Then you shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ELE