Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The NCGOP knows that people are only going to yell and scream, whether online or in person before getting arrested, so they have zero reason to give the slightest gently caress about any protests. Even if someone tried to get violent it'd just give them (and the GOP on a nationwide level) to go so hard on totalitarianism that it'll make the PATRIOT Act look like the New Deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man I wonder what's going on in NC sinc-

Jesus christ.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
In a classic example of "Jesus Christ Democrats" apparently there are democrats upset that Cooper is going to repeal the hideous HB2. Why? Because he's only repealing it and not writing a countervailing law that explicitly states that transgender people must be allowed to go the washroom of their choice.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cooper's not the governor yet tho??????

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

pathetic little tramp posted:

In a classic example of "Jesus Christ Democrats" apparently there are democrats upset that Cooper is going to repeal the hideous HB2. Why? Because he's only repealing it and not writing a countervailing law that explicitly states that transgender people must be allowed to go the washroom of their choice.

im just glad i can get a job cleaning toilets without worrying about it sending me to jail

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Mons Hubris posted:

It doesn't matter, he didn't fix things exactly the right way, ugh both parties are just the same, next time I'm voting republican.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

to be fair we do need better and more explicit protections via the law. but still, i want HB2 gone no matter what. and i certainly dont want any copycats anywhere.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Perfect: the enemy of Good since forever and ever.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

It doesn't matter, he didn't fix things exactly the right way, ugh both parties are just the same, next time I'm voting republican.

This will unironically be the thought of tens of thousands of people when Cooper's up for reelection because "the GOP controls the GA and made Cooper powerless" won't matter. See also: Trump's reelection in 2020 when the Dems manage to poo poo the bed again and the media goes back to its "both sides are the same! The truth is is the middle" shtick. Except the neo-nazi news outlets which are probably going to explode in popularity over the next few years.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Mons Hubris posted:

He's taking office ASAP instead of waiting the customary extra weeks in January, which is at least one nice thing to come from the 2016 political failed hog-lagoon-rescue cum human sacrifice march.

New year, new governor.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

charlotte repealed their lgbt protection ordinance this morning which was the condition upon which the ga said they'd repeal hb2. their reasoning was that cooper would do more for lgbt folks statewide

mayor mccheese already called for an emergency session to repeal

will they? who knows

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What elections are supposed to get a revote in November? Just the districts that were changed under the unconstitutional districts? Does that mean all of the districts?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

charlotte repealed their lgbt protection ordinance this morning which was the condition upon which the ga said they'd repeal hb2. their reasoning was that cooper would do more for lgbt folks statewide

mayor mccheese already called for an emergency session to repeal

will they? who knows

ofc, coming january HB3: Ban Harde

and its an emergency session, theyll just say poo poo and pass more ways to give their friends money / gently caress over cooper / poison our beloved old north state literally economically and spiritually

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

tadashi posted:

What elections are supposed to get a revote in November? Just the districts that were changed under the unconstitutional districts? Does that mean all of the districts?

something like 28 legislative districts were found unconstitutional but the process of redrawing them will likely mean every district has to be redone

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

and its an emergency session, theyll just say poo poo and pass more ways to give their friends money / gently caress over cooper / poison our beloved old north state literally economically and spiritually

yeah i wouldn't expect anything good to come from this

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Trusting North Carolina to not discriminate on the honor system is the worst idea.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Somehow out of all of the terrible people in USA politics, Dallas Woodhouse continues to be the worst.

https://www.facebook.com/dallas.woodhouse/posts/10210321784457437

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Asnorban posted:

Somehow out of all of the terrible people in USA politics, Dallas Woodhouse continues to be the worst.

https://www.facebook.com/dallas.woodhouse/posts/10210321784457437

i bet hes never even been to dallas

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i bet hes never even been to dallas

Shitfucker Dal probably lives in a brick house, too. Typical DINO WINO RINO.

Still blaming the inclusive smaller reasonable local government ordinance for their state level legal mess of social and economic regression. "You're making me do it, Charlotte baby" as they wind up to give another slap

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Wrt HB-2, their hands are tied because it's clearly not possible to do anything but hurricane relief bills in a hurricane relief special session.
https://twitter.com/RaleighReporter/status/811596918199558144

loving two timing pricks.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The GOP is full of scum.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
What an unexpected twist, the NC GOP being shitheads. If only there was some track record we could have looked back on to see that they, in fact, do not have people's best interests in mind.

Anyway, donate to this Kickstarter. WHEN THEY GO LOW WE GO HIGH :downs:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Like oh my god I hate these fuckers. I want to find out what we can do to run them out of the state.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

What an unexpected twist, the NC GOP being shitheads. If only there was some track record we could have looked back on to see that they, in fact, do not have people's best interests in mind.

Anyway, donate to this Kickstarter. WHEN THEY GO LOW WE GO HIGH :downs:

when they go low we eat poo poo on live tv

still loving amazed (kind of) that clinton lost so badly

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

when they go low, we go down on them

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I don't understand why Charlotte even attempted to play ball with them. They've proven again and again that you can't operate in good faith with them and that they will just do what they want.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Asnorban posted:

I don't understand why Charlotte even attempted to play ball with them. They've proven again and again that you can't operate in good faith with them and that they will just do what they want.

The Charlotte City Council voted unanimously to remove the anti discrimination ordinance, which really brings my piss to a boil. They basically agreed that they shouldn't have overcooked the chicken and they'll do better next time.

However, they did put in a disclaimer that if HB2 isn't removed in its entirety by December 31, the ordinance remains. So I guess that's something?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Spaced God posted:

Wrt HB-2, their hands are tied because it's clearly not possible to do anything but hurricane relief bills in a hurricane relief special session.
https://twitter.com/RaleighReporter/status/811596918199558144

loving two timing pricks.

Good, the Democrats are gullible morons and either they'll eventually wise up or they'll be completely destroyed by their own stupidity. It's just unfortunate they do the same thing on a national level and gently caress the rest of us in the process.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Coheed and Camembert posted:

However, they did put in a disclaimer that if HB2 isn't removed in its entirety by December 31, the ordinance remains. So I guess that's something?

Looks like they gave in further and removed the Dec 31 deadline!

http://www.indyweek.com/news/archiv...campaign=buffer

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

couldn't the dem govenor just refuse to enforce the bathroom bills?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Condiv posted:

couldn't the dem govenor just refuse to enforce the bathroom bills?

would that be an impeachable offense? "Failure to uphold the laws of the state" or something?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

would that be an impeachable offense? "Failure to uphold the laws of the state" or something?

*checks laws*

no, it's not

*calls special session*

okay, it is

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's an impeachable offense when you're a Democrat. It's in the Bible.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Democrats have learned nothing at all, ever

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

HB3, where it's illegal to use any bathroom while trans

We're also going to make it illegal to pee outside too, for good measure.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

still loving amazed (kind of) that clinton lost so badly

To be fair she didn't really lose all that badly. She lost by a few tens of thousands of votes in a few key states, and if any number of small things had gone differently she likely would have won.

Still loving amazing that she lost at all.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Asnorban posted:

god loving dammit :ughh: why are the democrats so spineless?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Asnorban posted:

Democrats.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Charlotte please vote out your council they're spineless idiots.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i mean it seems to me that the repubs have gone for the nuclear option so it's time for the dems to use what power they have to fight back

that seems unlikely cause centrists have no spine almost by definition but you'd think they'd realize one is necessary at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

https://twitter.com/indyweek/status/811675395682660352

These guys.

• Locked thread