Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

edit: and Alanis Morissette plays the sexy nurse!

Isn't it ironic. . . don't you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Those drawn on eyebrows really bring out the leathery tone of her skin.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Criscodisco why have you abandoned us

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Blistex posted:

Isn't it ironic. . . don't you think?

...is this some sort of joke I'm not getting or is Goon TV Actron Face-Blindness striking again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Huh, didn't know the Da Vinci Workshop stuff started with Scorpion Part 1.

Say what you will about ST:Voyager, Jon Rhys Davies was a wonderful Leonardo Da Vinci :allears:.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, didn't know the Da Vinci Workshop stuff started with Scorpion Part 1.

Say what you will about ST:Voyager, Jon Rhys Davies was a wonderful Leonardo Da Vinci :allears:.

That episode should have ended with jerry oconnial appearing through a worm hole yelling "hey professor we gotta go"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

revolther posted:

Did they ever do an episode where the doctor diagnoses Janeway as unfit for duty and commandeers the ship? I feel like Crusher made a big deal about being the only person on board allowed to override Picard once or twice.

In year of hell the doctor declares janeway unfit for command and orders her to step down and she just goes "lol you can bring me up on charges in 70 years or so"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

revolther posted:

Did they ever do an episode where the doctor diagnoses Janeway as unfit for duty and commandeers the ship? I feel like Crusher made a big deal about being the only person on board allowed to override Picard once or twice.

The doctor doesn't actually commandeer the ship, they just relieve the captain of duty and the next most senior officer takes command.

pomery posted:

Pretty sure that was handwaved as a holoprogram aka a computer doesn't get that kind of authority

Still, I'm pretty sure it was brought up once or twice in the early seasons.

There was one time when he threatened to relieve her for reals, I think it was during Year of Hell. If I remember right she basically said she would sooner turn him off than stop working, so he backed down and said something along the lines of "fine, but Starfleet's going to see a very nasty note in my log when we get back."

e:f,b

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Janeway would rather erase their only medical expert onboard than stop to consider that she might be emotionally compromised enough to take a break. Astounding.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

No matter how bad your day is going VOY threadders, remember that somewhere out there Michelle Yeoh is sitting through her first table reads of an ST:D script realizing that she may never get respectable work again as some fuzzy-faced staff writer helpfully mouth breathes down her neck the correct pronunciation of "Galorndon Core".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Jesus Christ they have to bend logic so far it breaks at the end of Scorpion Part 1;

The only clear threat to Species 8472 are the Borg, and they obscenely outclass anyone else. Nevermind there being no united government or fleet like in the Alpha Quadrant.

Chakotay questions if they have the right to stop them a species openly declaring they intend to slaughter anything weaker than themselves (ie; everyone), or give the Borg the means to assimilate them because it might be morally wrong.

Janeway stares at him and explains her reasoning in a tone suggesting she'll space him if she has to.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 21, 2016

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

No matter how bad your day is going VOY threadders, remember that somewhere out there Michelle Yeoh is sitting through her first table reads of an ST:D script realizing that she may never get respectable work again as some fuzzy-faced staff writer helpfully mouth breathes down her neck the correct pronunciation of "Galorndon Core".

So things haven't changed that much since Roddenberry's time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Janeway stares at him and explains her reasoning in a tone suggesting she'll space him if she has to.

This is my favorite part of VOY so far. Any time raspy, quiet voice Kathy starts talking you know Janeway's just about to gently caress someone up really hard, even if it screws over her crew.

It's almost as good of a "You should back off" signal as when Sisko makes this face at someone

That time when Rom and Quark accidentally sneak into his office through a jefferies tube and Sisko looks half a second from blowing his lid.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That time when Rom and Quark accidentally sneak into his office through a jefferies tube and Sisko looks half a second from blowing his lid.

Nah, that one's more of a "Huh. This loving station, I swear..."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, that one's more of a "Huh. This loving station, I swear..."

I disagree, that 'It looks that way.' Is just cold enough that it's more anger than bemusement.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"We gave the ship a massive upgrade with Borg tech so it could fight Species 8472. Should we keep or reverse-engineer any of it?"

"gently caress no, tear it all out. Except the power converters on Deck 8."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Uncle Enzo posted:

You'd think that would also have been covered as a trivial edge case, with an virtual coin flip on hand to settle the matter. Like, what if two people come in from the same reactor accident and both have the same 0% chances?

The point was that he had the choice between redshirt and friend and he went with friend. It's a whole bit on his individuality asserting itself over his initial programming. Him being distraught over it is how you make him more human.

drilldo squirt posted:

Why even have a doctor? Why didn't they just have a bunch of floating hands? Answer me enzo.

To comfort the patients who are used to a person?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I only just realized while watching The Gift that they started having Kes wear her hair down midway through season 3 so they didn't have to spend money on her Ocampan ears anymore.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So when Old Janeway goes back in time to speed up the trip back home in the finale she says the trip would take 16 more years if they didn't use the transwarp hub and that they would lose a lot of people.

Everyone is alive and well in the future, even that piece of poo poo Barclay. Who is she talking about that died?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

"I have nothing to say to you, O'Brien. You know why."

Hahah why is clone Riker such a fuckwit to O'Brien? It's amazing no one questions it.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I think he doesn't want to talk to him in case he gets suspicious.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Olewithmilk posted:

I think he doesn't want to talk to him in case he gets suspicious.

Yeah it's a very weird operational security move that pays off only because O-Brien is used to people not wanting to talk to him. The first time I noticed that line I researched to see if there was known beef and there really wasn't.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I only just realized while watching The Gift that they started having Kes wear her hair down midway through season 3 so they didn't have to spend money on her Ocampan ears anymore.

I think she was allergic to the makeup, actually.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"We gave the ship a massive upgrade with Borg tech so it could fight Species 8472. Should we keep or reverse-engineer any of it?"

"gently caress no, tear it all out. Except the power converters on Deck 8."

"Barclay you hit 3 buttons and increased our shields by 300%"

"But let's go deal with a sentient hologram and never mention it again."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If voyager kept powerups between episodes they wouldn't have needed the endgame upgrades. Then again, if they kept damage and spent torpedoes and shuttlecraft between episodes, they would've been year of hell'ing from the episode where they get alternate dimension harry onward.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Volcott posted:

If voyager kept powerups between episodes they wouldn't have needed the endgame upgrades. Then again, if they kept damage and spent torpedoes and shuttlecraft between episodes, they would've been year of hell'ing from the episode where they get alternate dimension harry onward.

That Harry episode was one of the worst uses of the reset button. Even worse than when Kes crashed a shuttle into and was just blowing the ship up or someone drove a shuttle through the shuttlebay doors.

The entire ship was quantum vibrating or whatever and tearing itself apart at a molecular level. It was so bad they were going to abandon it because everything was almost completely destroyed, but then the undamaged voyager got attacked so they had no choice but to go with the bad voyager which barely worked. Which next week of course was flawlessly perfect with all of it's carpets vacuumed of the rocks they store in their consoles..

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Not gonna lie that replicated ablative armor was pretty neat to 15 year old me

But there's so many questions.

If a piece fails, can't you just replicate a new one to replace it?

How do you un-replicate it? Is there just a MASSIVE pile of unused material sitting around in voyager's cargo bays waiting to be turned into ablative armor? Or is it something like "oh we keep it in a transporter-type buffer" gently caress it's such a weird thing.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

It's from a few pages back, but where does Shatner get the reputation for being an rear end in a top hat? He's a ham, but he seems to have a good sense of humor about himself.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Andenno posted:

It's from a few pages back, but where does Shatner get the reputation for being an rear end in a top hat? He's a ham, but he seems to have a good sense of humor about himself.

Using every chance he had to gently caress over his castmates, being a huge baby that couldn't handle anyone but kirk having lines or screen time to the point of trying to steal people's lines to write them out of the scene, having a meltdown when he found out Spock was getting more fan mail. poo poo like that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Andenno posted:

You know how in Galaxy Quest, everyone hates Tim's character? It's like that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Except they toned Tim's character down to remain likeable

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's because Tim allen's character actually feels regret. He knows he's a washout who is clinging to the only fame he ever had, and the fans badmouthing him at the convention made him realize how wasted his life has been. Shatner on the other hand, has no remorse for screwing over his costars and has some delusions of relevancy.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

bunnyofdoom posted:

Except they toned Tim's character down to remain likeable

Which was ironic, since much like Shatner, most of the actors and crew on Galaxy Quest said Tim Allen was a gigantic rear end in a top hat during shooting.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He was just getting into character :D

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Was Galaxy quest pre- or post- cocaine mountain Tim Allen?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
armus is my spirit animal

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Was Galaxy quest pre- or post- cocaine mountain Tim Allen?

post... by like 20 years.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Met posted:

post... by like 20 years.

you're posting from the year 2037?! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless