Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

well so its hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Truga posted:

It's anime time. This poo poo costs $13k:

https://twitter.com/figurexjp/status/811858109983387648

Someone tweet it at the anime lady citizen, he might want a refund.

wow that's pretty steep, is she at least anatomically correct

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Don't get Homeworld remastered it's the first game but it uses the control system from the second which sucks.

That's been patched. It's been improved a lot and is worth your time now.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Ayn Marx posted:

That's been patched. It's been improved a lot and is worth your time now.

Patches how?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

It's "life size" and also a hilariously popular character right now.

Okay, that makes slightly more sense (although still in the why territory).

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Libluini posted:

There's also literally Homeworld on Steam, if you want more than just "Homeworld-inspired"

Be warned, the remastered edition of Homeworld 1 does not play like the original one. They could not make the old "real physics" engine work with the remastered graphics so shots and damage are now RNG based instead of traced like they used to be. Its not bad but its a different gameplay experience.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

orcinus posted:

Sometimes someone's life's calling is to make life-size statues of anime characters.

It seems to be working out pretty well for whoever it is, and unlike Star Citizen there are multiple finished products.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Well, that one's off the list now. Kiss of death there.

Nov 3, 2015

Space games to check out.

Empyriom Galactic Survival is a good game, still in EA. http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/
Rebel Galaxy: http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/
Sword of the Star's games are not bad.

4x
Star Ruler, and Star Ruler 2,

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

orcinus posted:

to paraphrase Hunter S Thompson - once you get locked into a serious anime collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I know why they get mad about it, but Derek's stalkers getting mad about Beer is still amazing to watch in a curious way.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Guys I think Moma's whole "I have sources" thing is just a joke about Derek.

He started doing it after one of his many beltdowns about TheAgent, 8ace and Derek so yeah I've always figured it was just pot-stirring. But in fairness I treat his predictions the same as anyone's, I wait to see what they get right and go "That's neat" afterwards.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

to paraphrase Hunter S Thompson - once you get locked into a serious anime collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

All i can see is Clifford aka Miku's empty glassy stare and creepy smile.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

1500 posted:

Space games to check out.

Empyriom Galactic Survival is a good game, still in EA. http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/
Rebel Galaxy: http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/
Sword of the Star's games are not bad.

4x
Star Ruler, and Star Ruler 2,

I sitll fire up the original SWOTS with all expansions about once a month. Very nice 4X game that decided to focus on space battles and do them with near perfection.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Don't get Homeworld remastered it's the first game but it uses the control system from the second which sucks.

Still, it's an awesome upgrade to the old game. And what sucked in Homeworld II wasn't the control system, it was everything else. :colbert:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

i have some friends who owns wall to wall manga collections, can name all of sailor moon series characters in chronological appearances and memorise japanese schools uniform color but would never buy a single plush, wall scroll or figurine. To each his own i guess.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

aleksendr posted:

I sitll fire up the original SWOTS with all expansions about once a month. Very nice 4X game that decided to focus on space battles and do them with near perfection.

Wasn't the second one a stimpirial garbage fire by comparison?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

orcinus posted:

All i can see is Clifford aka Miku's empty glassy stare and creepy smile.

If you 'imagine' any lower then you'll see the bottle of baby oil being swiftly drained into his middle pocket. :magical:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Really they should just let goons be the Vanduul. Goons make much better antagonists than any shoddy AI.
I'd always thought a great cross play idea would be a kind of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter where the console game was different than the PC game--but each was the others adversary. i.e. The consoles would have the Tie Fighter game and the PCs would have the Rebel side of the story.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Breetai posted:

Wasn't the second one a stimpirial garbage fire by comparison?

Yes, probably one of the worst 4X release of all time. They somehow put a few month old alpha version as a Gold release for Steam. The backlash was terrible and the real "Gold" they put up the following day was only slightly better. They then started an very good effort of weekly patches but the damage was already done. From all accounts, even after a year of constant patching its still full of bugs and now completely abandoned, having nearly killed its studio.

The graphics of the second one are definitely superior but everything else, from gameplay to stability, is poo poo.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 22, 2016

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Xaerael posted:

TLD is at like 50% off. One of the best games I ever played, and truly "immersive". If anyone ever asks me for a game recommend, TLD is that game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

The Hyperdimension series is also piss cheap, but they are very acquired taste games. If you like JRPGish games, they're well worth checking out for their 4th wall smashing jokes.

e. Neither are space games, but who the gently caress cares? TLD is also an early access done right.

I am kinda torn. I kinda want to get some wang as I heard wang is real good and maybe doom but kinda waiting for dooooom vr and dont want to spoil it.
I will check out above since it is 11 bucks.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Good poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5jsld1/star_marine_could_have_been_its_own_game_and_not/

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Nice to see there is still some sanity left in there.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Haha, when your own die-hard fans are telling you that your years of hard work have produced a lovely generic $10 FPS you know you're hosed.

quote:

no way would i pay $60 for SM, maybe $10

quote:

Right now it's a $15 value that's only worth it during a steam sale

quote:

I mean maybe €10, no way 60,

quote:

It has the graphics of a $60 game, but the polish of a $10 steam sale.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

Haha, when your own die-hard fans are telling you that your years of hard work have produced a lovely generic $10 FPS you know you're hosed.

Nah, they did not spend years on that turd. I would bet that dev time for the SM we have now started a month or two after the Crobblers "Its already In the game" comment that did not really fly well with backers. If the whale had swallowed the worm instead of having a fit there would be no SM as we have now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well that made for an interesting day.

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wow I was pretty close to getting a cool new dog I'm glad everyone's OK.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beet Wagon posted:

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

drat dude, it looks like yours sustained the most damage too. Glad you're alright.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

drat that loving sucks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Wow I was pretty close to getting a cool new dog I'm glad everyone's OK.

You were surprisingly close haha.

Driving in Atlanta is basically like a Mad Max movie come to life.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Phi230 posted:

WWZ zombies ARE slow zomb-

Oh you watched that poo poo movie

Take that back. It was excellent.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Reddit Moron posted:

But the very core gameplay loop is very enjoyable, it's a shooter with many twists: the longer TTK due to space-armor, the EVAing around, where you can get shot from all sides and ambush hostiles in similar ways, the way you peripheral vision is killed due to the helmet, the helmet and HUD is very well made so it almost feels.

This is the only gameplay loop :q:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beet Wagon posted:

Landing suckssessfu...

Ah crap!

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 23, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

God loving damnit. Why did that rear end in a top hat get a look at it? I was really looking good forward to seeing how it's EA went but Mr lethality just spoiled it for me.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Wrecked Angle posted:

Landing suckssessfu...

Ah crap!

That's the last time they let him drive I'm sure.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

You were surprisingly close haha.

Driving in Atlanta is basically like a Mad Max movie come to life.

We used to call 285 the Peachtree 500 cause everyone drives like a lunatic on it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak is like "what is this shiiiit?!"

Glad everyone is okay. Get some massages out of the insurance company if it doesn't mess up your premiums.

edit: This is divine punishment for doxxing and talking poo poo about Star Citizen. :colbert:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
poo poo beet that's no good, glad you and your family are okay though.

Nov 3, 2015

Wrecked Angle posted:

Landing suckssessfu...

Ah crap!

Its like finding Waldo but in dog form. Now everyone will look at every image Beet posts to find Kayak.

Glad Kayak and his food source is ok.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nuclearmonkee posted:

That's the last time they let him drive I'm sure.

Luckily the State Trooper thought he was too adorable to be named as the "at fault" party so his insurance isn't gonna go up, but I'm definitely making him go back to doggie driver school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

edit: This is divine punishment for doxxing and talking poo poo about Star Citizen. :colbert:

:negative: I knew I never should have let my faith waver!