Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manyak_TW
Dec 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
GO AWAY DARE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sorry about your mental illness dude.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
This forum is about as relevant as Dragon Quest these days, sorry bud

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Manyak_TW posted:

GO AWAY DARE

Wait what? What the gently caress am I reading here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 21, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dragon Quest 11 is looking very confusing and possible insane.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
hahaha what the hell

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dare is out of prison again

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
That was magical

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope someone grabbed a screenshot of that, it was like seeing a unicorn

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hokuto posted:

I hope you like rock bombs in your base. Seriously, wall up ASAP and possibly even double-layer your castle walls.

gently caress it, my next base is gonna be Kami's lookout.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caidin posted:

gently caress it, my next base is gonna be Kami's lookout.

Please post screenshots when you do this

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Thanks for finally giving me a 4th party member, game.

Woulda been cool if this legendary hero who fought beside god was a bit stronger than this little savage wolf kid.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zaggitz posted:

Woulda been cool if this legendary hero who fought beside god was a bit stronger than this little savage wolf kid.

He's old and out of practice.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

The final two party members are kind of a huge letdown, Maribel and Ruff 4eva

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Looper posted:

The final two party members are kind of a huge letdown, Maribel and Ruff 4eva

Tbf Maribel and Ruff are a pretty drat high bar to cross, only Yangus, Parry/Mädchen and Deborah really beat them out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Last Celebration posted:

Tbf Maribel and Ruff are a pretty drat high bar to cross, only Yangus, Parry/Mädchen and Deborah really beat them out.

Taloon is better than Yangus. :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Why is Alena left off that list? She speaks in a Zangiefian dialect.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I haven't beaten 4 for the phone yet, so I don't wanna say for sure even though all signs point to Torneko and Alena being god-tier.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
In DQ7, what is the easiest way to see what monsters I have tamed? If I look in the Big Book of Beasts, it looks like tamed monsters get a little slime emblem in their file, but there are definitely some I've tamed that don't have it. I don't have every enclosure plan yet - is that the problem?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

In DQ7, what is the easiest way to see what monsters I have tamed? If I look in the Big Book of Beasts, it looks like tamed monsters get a little slime emblem in their file, but there are definitely some I've tamed that don't have it. I don't have every enclosure plan yet - is that the problem?

No, the problem is the game doesn't recognize captured monsters until you go back and talk to the monster meadows guy to "turn them in."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the monster meadow guy doesn't show up until a fair bit after the empty area is accessible. it is confusing, but that's just so you can start collecting monsters sooner even if you can't do anything with them yet.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm way past that point and have turned in several enclosures. So I just have to talk to the enclosure guy to have monsters show as caught in my BBB? Does it matter if I have the right enclosure for the monster to live in ?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

the enclosures don't matter, except to actually see the monsters wandering around. Talking to the guy will update your book.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Don't worry, that won't last long

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ruff is my good good wolf boy and I'm stoked he's gonna be in Heroes 2. Yangus and Alena compete for best dq party member for me, but basically anyone from 4,5 and 8 is good poo poo except for like, Angelo who's mad boring.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If Rock of God is a mountain, SE would miss a really good pun if they don't translate it as Mount of Ages.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Alena is probably my single favorite character in the series. She's just mad stylish and tough.

e: she's really awesome in DQ Heroes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

Alena is probably my single favorite character in the series. She's just mad stylish and tough.

She never left my party because everything about her was rad as hell.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I take back every awful thing I said about Chapter 3.

1. Lyre of Slime Immemorial. Find it. Love it. Make one in every chapter once you unlock it.
2. Mother loving rocket powered murder car that makes you invincible before during and after a successful charge attack that also chain attacks all the enemies loving :getin:.

I lost like maybe fifty HP on the final boss of chapter 3 because I kept driving off the edge into the lava but man was it fun!

On Tantengel now. loving Holy Water is bullshit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If I ever meet the guy who thought hunger mechanics was a good fit for Builders I am going to punch them in the neck.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dqh2 has a NA release date of 4/25 which i just found out about today :yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They missed the target by 5 days 👏😭😂🔥😭

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Caidin posted:

If I ever meet the guy who thought hunger mechanics was a good fit for Builders I am going to punch them in the neck.

I'll help

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Real hurthling! posted:

dqh2 has a NA release date of 4/25 which i just found out about today :yeah:

:neckbeard:

Now we just need an announcement of the game coming to the Switch as well. Or a PC version release date.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Caidin posted:

Without them though you have no reason to ever cook food, therefore no reason to ever build cooking stuff.

Honestly, it is inconvenience only when first starting a chapter; once you have a kitchen, the locals cook plenty of food for you while you're gone and as long as you have enough for your journey it's just a mere annoyance. I dunno about Terra Incognita though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Without them though you have no reason to ever cook food, therefore no reason to ever build cooking stuff.

Honestly, it is inconvenience only when first starting a chapter; once you have a kitchen, the locals cook plenty of food for you while you're gone and as long as you have enough for your journey it's just a mere annoyance. I dunno about Terra Incognita though.

Chapter 4 has a fairly lengthy bit before you officially start town development wherein food is rather hard to come by, with an npc on hand to top off your tank at request. They stop providing this service once you actually plant the banner of hope however, and the villagers you get at first seem heavily disinclined for no particular reason to make me a drat sandwich while I rebuild their civilization. This means I have to wander out a fair distance to actually find a functionally fishing spot or the one corner of the island where mushrooms happen to grow, hounded by jerk monsters who mostly don't even have the decency to drop anything useful all the while.

This adds a bit too much busywork for my taste on top of all the scrounging for stone/ore/timber/etc when all I want to do is get to building my drat castle. If you want to have kitchens and cooking for more then aesthetics then how about using dishes as strictly for buffs, status immunity and maybe move speed+ on top of the things they already do like attack/defense boosts. Another possibility is using food as a form of currency for those slack jawed squatters who rarely ever make anything I want them to anyway, maybe you could trade some grub so the fighty lads/lasses accompany you out and about while you hollow out mountains, I dunno!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

They missed the target by 5 days 👏😭😂🔥😭

lol.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Caidin posted:

Chapter 4 has a fairly lengthy bit before you officially start town development wherein food is rather hard to come by, with an npc on hand to top off your tank at request. They stop providing this service once you actually plant the banner of hope however, and the villagers you get at first seem heavily disinclined for no particular reason to make me a drat sandwich while I rebuild their civilization. This means I have to wander out a fair distance to actually find a functionally fishing spot or the one corner of the island where mushrooms happen to grow, hounded by jerk monsters who mostly don't even have the decency to drop anything useful all the while.

This adds a bit too much busywork for my taste on top of all the scrounging for stone/ore/timber/etc when all I want to do is get to building my drat castle. If you want to have kitchens and cooking for more then aesthetics then how about using dishes as strictly for buffs, status immunity and maybe move speed+ on top of the things they already do like attack/defense boosts. Another possibility is using food as a form of currency for those slack jawed squatters who rarely ever make anything I want them to anyway, maybe you could trade some grub so the fighty lads/lasses accompany you out and about while you hollow out mountains, I dunno!

If you don't actually build a kitchen they won't cook. By the time I got to the final battle I had 71 fried frogstools, and I cooked maybe 10 myself.

Edit: FYI I beat the game. End guy was hard.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

If you don't actually build a kitchen they won't cook. By the time I got to the final battle I had 71 fried frogstools, and I cooked maybe 10 myself.

Edit: FYI I beat the game. End guy was hard.

Yeah, I understand how to make a crafting room, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

precision posted:

She's almost as overpowered as Jessica in DQH. Almost.