Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The game definitely expects you to be able to lurk around the second floor near the speakers in a suit; there's the one escalation where you have to kill one person on each floor with the battle axe in a suit, after all. Just watch out for the cameras and the set of patrolling guards and you're fine.

Come to think, I can't actually recall another way to SASO Novikov aside from slightly finnicky stuff like getting him and his guard on opposite sides of the door, triggering an explosion, and shoving Victor in a closet while everybody's frozen in shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My god how could i forget... the fire extinguisher

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
The easiest way to deal with Novikov's bodyguard is to put emetic poison in the glass that he drinks from while Novikov yells at the kitchen staff. When he's poisoned he'll go puke in the bathroom across the hall that has a closet in it. There's plenty of leeway to sneak in there and poison the glass even without a disguise, and if you don't already have emetic poison on you there's some in the corner of the kitchen.

gtrmp fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 23, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Rochallor posted:

The game definitely expects you to be able to lurk around the second floor near the speakers in a suit; there's the one escalation where you have to kill one person on each floor with the battle axe in a suit, after all. Just watch out for the cameras and the set of patrolling guards and you're fine.

Come to think, I can't actually recall another way to SASO Novikov aside from slightly finnicky stuff like getting him and his guard on opposite sides of the door, triggering an explosion, and shoving Victor in a closet while everybody's frozen in shock.

The easiest way is to get your hand on a screwdriver (there's one in the café/exhibit area on the right from the entrance — the one with the camera-less reporter in it) and electrocute him in the puddle in the garden. It looks exposed, but you can flip the switch without anyone seeing, and most of the people on the terrace are crowd-NPCs that can't actually react to you so you can actually sabotage the outlet fairly easily. You'll get a lot of vision indicators, but everyone should be far away enough to not actually have time to spot what you're doing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tippis posted:

The easiest way is to get your hand on a screwdriver (there's one in the café/exhibit area on the right from the entrance — the one with the camera-less reporter in it) and electrocute him in the puddle in the garden. It looks exposed, but you can flip the switch without anyone seeing, and most of the people on the terrace are crowd-NPCs that can't actually react to you so you can actually sabotage the outlet fairly easily. You'll get a lot of vision indicators, but everyone should be far away enough to not actually have time to spot what you're doing.

I might give that a shot. I think they changed the indicator speed for the wine glass on the top floor terrace. I tried it just to try it a few days ago and people flipped before the action was even done. Luckily I can take out Margolis in my sleep at this point using the bathroom of distractions

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
There's a moment when he walks in the back halls near the kitchen, next to a bunch of clothing racks, where the pathing separates the bodyguard from Novikov just enough to garrote him with nobody catching on.

I'm not suggesting you try this, but it was my proest SASO ever :cool:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

…also, I use “actually” far too much. :psyduck:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/hitman/status/812349561700290560

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Somebody is going to have a severe case of food poisoning...

Maphis
Apr 22, 2012
Easiest way I found to SASO Novikov (and Paris in general) is with the Dalia balcony shove. With enough time spent on the map you find paths to get pretty much anywhere without changing out of your suit. The basement stairwell is probably the most useful elevation change area on the map.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pennfalath posted:

Somebody is going to have a severe case of food poisoning...

It'd be funny if they throw a curveball and he never eats or drinks anything.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Maphis posted:

Easiest way I found to SASO Novikov (and Paris in general) is with the Dalia balcony shove. With enough time spent on the map you find paths to get pretty much anywhere without changing out of your suit. The basement stairwell is probably the most useful elevation change area on the map.

I don't even remember any more: does the guard leave the balcony when she takes her smoke break to watch the fireworks? Because if so, then yes, that's probably by far the easiest combo — the only tricky part is getting your hands on the remote, and that's just a matter of timing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember the guard not moving, I know I've done that assassination before. There's a chance I don't remember taking him out or changing disguise, it's been months since I've done that exact assassination

Maphis
Apr 22, 2012

Tippis posted:

I don't even remember any more: does the guard leave the balcony when she takes her smoke break to watch the fireworks? Because if so, then yes, that's probably by far the easiest combo — the only tricky part is getting your hands on the remote, and that's just a matter of timing.

He turns around to watch the fireworks and doesn't even notice her plummet to her death.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Maphis posted:

He turns around to watch the fireworks and doesn't even notice her plummet to her death.

Excellent. There you go then: definitely a strong candidate for an easy SASO.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Oh man I hope I can get home in time to finish this ET before it expires.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

frank.club posted:

My god how could i forget... the fire extinguisher

I will never get tired of the satisfying "ping pang BLAM" when you shoot a fire extinguisher in this game.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It'd be funny if they throw a curveball and he never eats or drinks anything.
Alternatively, he spits it out immediately and says it's garbage, unless 47 makes the meal from scratch.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Based on that image, he might be stalking around in the lobby/bar area, which would mean he'd be an excellent target for some coconut action…

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
What is the point of the exterminator opportunity in Bangkok? I followed it all the way through and now instead of being on the top floor of a hotel full of guards, the target is unconscious in an atrium full of guards and I'm still no closer to killing him. :confused:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

What is the point of the exterminator opportunity in Bangkok? I followed it all the way through and now instead of being on the top floor of a hotel full of guards, the target is unconscious in an atrium full of guards and I'm still no closer to killing him. :confused:

The fact that he's immobile downstairs means he's closer to being killed — it's just that getting to him is still tricky. Beyond that, if you abandon the opportunity half-way through you get probably the best kill in the game… :D

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Pilchenstein posted:

Run up and snap his neck.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

That opportunity can also set up the two-for-one coconut kill.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
gently caress I missed it. Does anyone know what time on Friday these things expire?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Note that you'll want to eliminate the other target first if you go the gas-necksnap route, otherwise Cross will eventually be found and cause a target lockdown.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I thought maybe I was missing some final thing to do with it is all. Also, is it me or is the lawyer a bit of an afterthought? The briefing didn't mention him until two thirds of the way through and he's absurdly easy to accident kill. :v:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The game at least makes you feel okay for killing him since he got a rich murderous client off on an affluenza defense :v:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow the glass in the operating console in front of the Gal mainframe door is surprisingly bullet proof

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pilchenstein posted:

I thought maybe I was missing some final thing to do with it is all. Also, is it me or is the lawyer a bit of an afterthought? The briefing didn't mention him until two thirds of the way through and he's absurdly easy to accident kill. :v:

I actually had a bear of a time taking out the lawyer- most of the areas in his initial cycle are too swamped with other NPCs.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
That lawyer's a bastard because there's so much food to sample but he only picks one at random. And when he gets sick he ignores the perfectly nice bathroom and goes to throw up in the lobby bushes.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

BrainMeats posted:

That lawyer's a bastard because there's so much food to sample but he only picks one at random. And when he gets sick he ignores the perfectly nice bathroom and goes to throw up in the lobby bushes.

I find that he usually chooses the fourth from the right first. You can even run up from the docks while in your suit and poison him if you're going for SASO.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Poison kills are considered accidents? That doesn't violate Silent Assassin?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

Poison kills are considered accidents? That doesn't violate Silent Assassin?

They're not accidents as such, but they're non-suspicious. The target probably just had a heart condition or choked on something. So they're supposed to be ok for SA. They have been a bit wonky and unreliable in the past — in particular, people have reportedly failed getting SA if they get out too early — so while it kind of violates the point of setting up that kind of trap, it's almost worth sticking around to make sure no-one freaks out over it.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

I've seen escalations with the "target must die in an accident" condition fail if the target was lethally poisoned. I guess the game updates a poisoning death from non-accident to accident only if you get away with it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

gtrmp posted:

I've seen escalations with the "target must die in an accident" condition fail if the target was lethally poisoned. I guess the game updates a poisoning death from non-accident to accident only if you get away with it?

Poison kill isn't an accident kill. Just for the purpose of Silent Assassin, they are functionally the same.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
Lethal poison injection isn't an accident. But if you stab them with an emetic and drown them in the toilet that is.

You don't even have to get away with it for it to be an accident. Shooting a man in front of a dozen witnesses is murder. If you shoot the puddle of gasoline next to him and set off an explosion it's an accident, though those witnesses are still going to be freaking out. It's just a category of kills that includes falls and electrocutions and probably plenty others.

So many leaky scooters in that first Sapienza escalation.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

frank.club posted:

It worked when i loaded and auto save. Annoyingly that method kills more than the target every time! It loving sucks! I've had this game since release and I've never figured out a way to take out Novikoff on a SOSA. I guess I could just break down and watch a video

I ended up blowing up an explosive canister as he walked through the doorway before his bodyguard followed him.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, the new one is good, right?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

SplitSoul posted:

So, the new one is good, right?

as in, the entire Hitman game? Yes. It's very good. You should play it if you liked any of the pre-Absolution Hitman games because it's in that vein but expanded upon hugely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Me and Bangkok aren't getting along, I keep waiting for that moment all the levels have where they transform from impenetrable fortress to fantastic sandbox and it's just not coming - what am I missing?