Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lizard Wizard posted:

it functions.

i bought it for my friends for xmas :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

it lacks ANY form of multiplayer.

TOOT BOOT

It wasn't a very video-gamey holiday season this year. I got Doom, Fallout 4, and the Hearts of Iron 4 expansion and that was it. I rebuilt my gaming PC and got a bunch of other stuff though so it's all good.

A Great Big Bee!

i bought final fantasy ix again (this time the pc version) and vivi is such a good boy. i wish he were my son

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

TOOT BOOT posted:

It wasn't a very video-gamey holiday season this year. I got Doom, Fallout 4, and the Hearts of Iron 4 expansion and that was it. I rebuilt my gaming PC and got a bunch of other stuff though so it's all good.

god, i need to rebuild my pc, my graphics card is dying and i keep bluescreening a bunch, it's really awful.

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

joke_explainer

i want a sim game of some sort where you can level up your employees and pick perks for them and stuff. any
good xcomlikes like that lately? doesn't have to be soldiers / shooting based. a restaurant game where you level up your staff and deploy them thoughtfully or like FTL-ish too, though i'd like some depth to the characters you level up

ScrubLeague

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i bought final fantasy ix again (this time the pc version) and vivi is such a good boy. i wish he were my son

It's true

Homestar Runner

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
i like the shovel knight

ArclightBorealis

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
So I had received quite a bit of money for Christmas yesterday, and I decided I would put most of that towards buying something I had on my mind but never the money to buy at a given time: A used Xbox 360 slim. Why? So I could have a means to play the proper version of Ninja Gaiden II whenever I want.

And the decision was incredibly worth it. I'm not gonna get many games for this thing in the long run since I've already got a PS3 and PC for most titles from that generation, but for the few remaining exclusives I care about, I'm glad to finally have this in my collection.

Also Ninja Gaiden II plays so drat good, as good as I remember when I tried it on a friend's system 8 years ago. Even knowing all the rough spots that come up as the game goes on isn't discouraging me from how much I'm enjoying it.

vanisher

joke_explainer posted:

i want a sim game of some sort where you can level up your employees and pick perks for them and stuff. any
good xcomlikes like that lately? doesn't have to be soldiers / shooting based. a restaurant game where you level up your staff and deploy them thoughtfully or like FTL-ish too, though i'd like some depth to the characters you level up

Perhaps a replay of Disgaea

I enjoyed the h*ck out of WW2 warfare games where you leveled up your pilots/soldiers/etc, like Silent Hunter

Just picked up Undertale on sale, per the advice of this thread

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

joke_explainer posted:

Don't know about employee-based games, but Mordheim is similar to xcom; character progression, turn-based battles, perks, different missions and enemies, charactrr customization.

BIRDCON 2017

joke_explainer posted:

ive never played it but Rimworld might be up your alley

John Stabb

I like video games... Mario, Sonic. I like the games where you take turns hitting the bad guy and then they hit you. I know, it's kinda boring to some, but those ones are more about the story. They're like reading a book, or watching Twin Peaks. They require patience.

Historical Wizards

Oh boy, I really need to start cracking down on my backlog, its pretty gross at the moment :(

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Plebian Parasite

today I golfed with my friends.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Unless you were sitting down and staring at a screen while this was happening, I don't care about it buddy.

----------------

Plebian Parasite

drilldo squirt posted:

Unless you were sitting down and staring at a screen while this was happening, I don't care about it buddy.

yes, i was playing the steam game: 'golf with your friends' with my friends.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Plebian Parasite posted:

I've been thinkin about buying a 4 pack for me and my frengs, is it worth it?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Plebian Parasite posted:

Hell yeah!

----------------

Plebian Parasite

Munchables posted:

I've been thinkin about buying a 4 pack for me and my frengs, is it worth it?

it took me n my group of friends about an hour and a half to see all the holes. the real replay value lies in the game customization options where you can set gravity to high or low, or make all the surfaces super bouncy, or give the ball a jump so you can cheat your way through the courses, or make the ball a different shape like a puck or cube or cone or acorn. if you have no issues playing the same holes but with different options you'll probably get a lot out of it.

That being said it is in early access so it probably has a lot more content to go, and hopefully steam workshop to add a bunch of user created courses.

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I bought myself final fantasy xv and watch dogs 2 for christmas. I started playing xv and really loved it, but then I heard they might patch in more content into the main story, so I've been playing watch dogs instead in case that's true and it's killing me. watch dogs is good, but final fantasy is final fantasy.

and then yakuza 0, resident evil 7 and nier come out soon too. geez louise, an embarrassment of gaming riches.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

hi friends i'm gonna buy myself a n3ds tonight after work, id appreciate some game reqs! Definitely gonna grab Dragon Quest VII, SMT IV, probably animal crossing. what are some other choice picks my dudes?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

for instance what's the best Layton?? been wanting to try one of those

Darkman Fanpage
glittermitten grove and 🐸 fractions 2

Plebian Parasite

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

for instance what's the best Layton?? been wanting to try one of those

Prof layton and the Unwound Future remains the best layton, but Layton vs Phoenix wright is pretty good too. You should also check out Picross 3d round 2 which is an excellent toilet game.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Plebian Parasite posted:

Prof layton and the Unwound Future remains the best layton, but Layton vs Phoenix wright is pretty good too. You should also check out Picross 3d round 2 which is an excellent toilet game.

Picross is a great franchise i forgot existed, thank you for the recs!

FreshCutFries

mysterious frankie posted:

I bought myself final fantasy xv and watch dogs 2 for christmas. I started playing xv and really loved it, but then I heard they might patch in more content into the main story, so I've been playing watch dogs instead in case that's true and it's killing me. watch dogs is good, but final fantasy is final fantasy.

and then yakuza 0, resident evil 7 and nier come out soon too. geez louise, an embarrassment of gaming riches.

It's just chapter 13 they're changing because that chapter is really weird and obviously had stuff cut from it. you've got like twenty five hours of game before you hit that iirc.

FreshCutFries

oh, i guess i was confusing gameplay enhancements with the story update. still say it's worth playing the game now because there's really only one character that's super lacking and he's not important to much outside of one moment that kinda falls flat on its face because of it.

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Thingyman posted:

oh, i guess i was confusing gameplay enhancements with the story update. still say it's worth playing the game now because there's really only one character that's super lacking and he's not important to much outside of one moment that kinda falls flat on its face because of it.

hurm maybe yeah. I hear you should watch kingsglaive first too to fill in background info. I also never played any of the XIII games and I hear they flesh out the themes. so much final fantasy, cheese and crackers.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

death sext

I can never play it again

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

death sext posted:

I can never play it again

I can play it for you if you'd like

death sext

bare bottom pancakes posted:

I can play it for you if you'd like

thank you please get the rest of the achievements for me

BIRDCON 2017

Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Let's Play Civilization V: Road to 6969 Hours

death sext

it's a three day weekend, let's do this

MrWillsauce

I'm not sure there's that much hours in a weekend

death sext hmu if you want a dwarf fortress coach I know like all the letters

bruckner
should i get zelda twighlight princess hd or starcraft lotv?
forget about price, which one will i get more immediate satisfaction out of. I haven't played sc2 in a few years, and i finished zelda ss and almost finished windwaker hd and loved all the puzzles and challenges.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Historical Wizards

bruckner posted:

forget about price, which one will i get more immediate satisfaction out of. I haven't played sc2 in a few years, and i finished zelda ss and almost finished windwaker hd and loved all the puzzles and challenges.

I'm going to say Twilight Princess. This is based on me really liking Twilight Princess and that I consider Starcraft 2 one of my worst purchasing decisions.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Ultra Spoot

bruckner posted:

I would also say zelda, but I'm probably biased cause I like more actiony games than strategy games. I just think twilight princess is a bit underrated as far as zelda games go. I remember a lot of the puzzles being devious as gently caress like wind waker, but I played it when it first came out like ten years ago so i may be remembering wrong. Has it really been ten years since tp? Whoa

My new year's resolution is to watch the announcement trailer for bloodborne 2

Scaly Haylie

midna rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultra Spoot

Don't mess with a giant amorphous headhand- havin' critter