Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Nice but Ndlovu wasnt a coach at Hull and never has been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

hadji murad posted:

i could think of a team harder done in a CL match than arsenal which also won the tournament

hadji murad posted:

unlike arsenal

No one cares if Chelsea were hard done in any match ever.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
well yeah, we won it all in the end

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I love to post that Bellerin is a terrible at defending and hell, Im right.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Sofiane Feghouli has had his red card overturned. Meaning that of the 5 straight reds that West Ham have received since the end of August 2015, 4 have been overturned.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Sofiane Feghouli has had his red card overturned. Meaning that of the 5 straight reds that West Ham have received since the end of August 2015, 4 have been overturned.

how was this overturned and vardys wasn't?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
They're just not that kind of team

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I love to post that Bellerin is a terrible at defending and hell, Im right.

An inconsistent 21-year old? Well I never.

He's definitely not the best defensive fullback in the league, though arguably the best offensive one. He also relies on his pace too much to bail him out, but he'll get better and grow out of it. He's been playing a ton and generally very well so I won't be too hard on him for having a bad performance after playing twice in 48 hours.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Shoren posted:

An inconsistent 21-year old? Well I never.

He's definitely not the best defensive fullback in the league, though arguably the best offensive one. He also relies on his pace too much to bail him out, but he'll get better and grow out of it. He's been playing a ton and generally very well so I won't be too hard on him for having a bad performance after playing twice in 48 hours.

So what you're saying is that he's a Spanish Kyle Walker from a few years ago?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blue Star Error posted:

They've lost that loving Phelan

Those are unsubstantiated allegations bse

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38507682

quote:

A non-league player has been sacked by his club after abusing Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter over the death of his baby daughter on Twitter.

Bournemouth lost a three-goal lead to draw 3-3 with Arsenal in the Premier League on Tuesday.

Hitchin Town player Alfie Barker, 19, posted: "Big hype just for a disappointment like the nine months leading up to your child's birth."

:stare:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
what a loving knob

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Banter

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

le epic :troll:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Love a trip to the banter zone, me.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

#BeyondBanter

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Shoren posted:

He's been consistently bad when it comes to defending, everyone forgets because he gets to spend so much time bombing forward when Arsenal maintain possession but he's just not very good there and I doubt time is going to rectify it, people said the same poo poo about Monreal and its been years and I'm still waiting for that tool to actually look convincing when it comes to defense. I think that's just the kind of soft, lovely fullback that Wenger likes.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

what a loving knob

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bolasie is oiut for a year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

bolasie is oiut for a year

It always bothers me when a player sustains such a bad injury from something totally innocuous.

Bolaise just got knocked a bit off balance and he's exploded his knee.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Cruciate injuries seem to very much be like that, they're caused more from an awkward twist than any actual impact. I blew out my ACL taking a shot on goal ftw

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Did you a least score?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Ciprian Maricon posted:

He's been consistently bad when it comes to defending, everyone forgets because he gets to spend so much time bombing forward when Arsenal maintain possession but he's just not very good there and I doubt time is going to rectify it, people said the same poo poo about Monreal and its been years and I'm still waiting for that tool to actually look convincing when it comes to defense. I think that's just the kind of soft, lovely fullback that Wenger likes.

To be fair it's not like there are loads of fullbacks out there who are hot poo poo going forward and defending. Most teams will have to settle for a player who can do one or the other consistently and not both

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Did you a least score?

Torn ACLs aren't a huge turn-on unfortunately

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bogan Krkic posted:

Cruciate injuries seem to very much be like that, they're caused more from an awkward twist than any actual impact. I blew out my ACL taking a shot on goal ftw

how fat are you???

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Shrapnig posted:

Did you a least score?

yeah, then immediately crumpled into a heap of pain

RideTheSpiral posted:

how fat are you???

not very, i blame the surface i was playing on

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Good news for Liverpool, Matip's not been named in the Cameroon squad for the AFCON, so the risk of him being banned from domestic football for the duration of the tournament has gone.

Phew.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Good news for Liverpool, Matip's not been named in the Cameroon squad for the AFCON, so the risk of him being banned from domestic football for the duration of the tournament has gone.

Phew.

Will his injury mysteriously disappear now?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
How can United have won six in a row, haven't been beaten since October, and still be 3 points and goal difference outside the top 4

I'm not even slagging them off right now, it just seems unusual when the teams above them aren't being particularly consistent.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

yeah, then immediately crumpled into a heap of pain

Worth it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hoops posted:

How can United have won six in a row, haven't been beaten since October, and still be 3 points and goal difference outside the top 4

I'm not even slagging them off right now, it just seems unusual when the teams above them aren't being particularly consistent.

every team above them have done it or similar

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
A rumor was going around that the Swansea players referred to Bob Bradley as "Ronald Reagan."

Bradleys response:

“Trust me on this, not one of those players knows who Ronald Reagan is.”

At least he was able to leave with a pretty solid burn. But I'm American, so it's probably not :(

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Spurs are a good team, Pochettino is a good lad.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

A rumor was going around that the Swansea players referred to Bob Bradley as "Ronald Reagan."

Bradleys response:

“Trust me on this, not one of those players knows who Ronald Reagan is.”

At least he was able to leave with a pretty solid burn. But I'm American, so it's probably not :(

Slightly off topic, Bob Bradley is rumored to be in Norway to discuss about being the Norway Men's National Team coach.

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/816682810492747776

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Hoops posted:

United had a period where they won 1 in 7 or something like that, got loads of annoying draws where they were the better team but conceded a silly late goal or couldn't put chances away. They've had to make up a lot of ground and most of the other top 5 have hardly lost

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

United haven't lost since they got hammered by Chelsea but they had four draws in five after that match and two just before it.

United took eight points in October and November.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
it's because united are poo poo-- edit beaten

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

psyer posted:

Slightly off topic, Bob Bradley is rumored to be in Norway to discuss about being the Norway Men's National Team coach.

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/816682810492747776

So Bob Bradley goes from a team that used to be good but is now poo poo and made them even more poo poo, to a national team in almost the same circumstances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Spurs are a good team, Pochettino is a good lad.

Title chase...on???

• Locked thread