Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

saturday

Sami Callihan vs. John Morrison for the AAW title
Rey Fenix vs. Michael Elgin
Colt Cabana vs. Silas Young
ACH vs. Jake Crist
Taya Valkyrie vs. Jessicka Havok
Besties in the World (Davey Vega/Mat Fitchett) vs. The Hooligans
Arik Cannon+Spears & Beers (Mike Hartenbower/Waylon Beck) vs. Brubaker+Zero Gravity
Also announced Louis Lyndon, Connor Braxton, Eddie Machete, Scarlett

1/20 merrionette park

Silas Young's last show
Homicide/Eddie Kingston vs. Killer Kult (Sami and Dave/Jake Crist?) in a steel cage
SHIMMER champion Mercedes Martinez (hell yeah)
ACH
Rey Fenix
Matt Sydal
Drew Galloway
Brian Cage
Moose
Andrew Everett
Colt Cabana
Jack Evans
Abyss
Dezmond Xavier
Zema Ion

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

when did Sydal get out of Japanese prison

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/817100481742901248

shook

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Why the gently caress would riddle openly say that Silas told him that?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

the last few months have proven riddle to not be very bright

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Never thought I'd see the day when ROH would intercede to save PWG from certain doom

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

https://twitter.com/riddletuf7/status/816950286879256577

Bro's pretty dumb.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The only RoH guys that AAW regularly use are Silas Young and Colt Cabana right? I can't think of anyone else who has shown up.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Colts not got a full ROH contract though right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

the last few years have proven riddle to not be very bright

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Colts not got a full ROH contract though right?

I'm not sure, I had assumed neither he nor Silas were and that's why they've been working AAW and other local Indies.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/817159724756041728

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Tweet's gone now; what did it say?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Tweet's gone now; what did it say?

@SeanRossSapp
Riddle told us @FightfulOnline that he talked to Silas Young, who said it looks like ROH may not have their guys do AAW anymore

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

the last few months have proven riddle to not be very bright

He's so cool lol

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I am no fan of bros but I'll be damned if I didn't chant BRO so many times for Matt Riddle. His broness is so infectious.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

XWA might be running Ricochet vs. Keith Lee in 2 weeks. Extremely New England indie card outside of that.

1/20 - West Warwick, RI. Same venue as ROH last April.

TK O'Ryan(c) v. Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis. Special referee Ricky Steamboat

Scheduled to appear:
Ricochet
Keith Lee
Tessa Blanchard
2 Hot Steve Scott
Vinny Marseglia

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/817430577485938690

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Gabe posted:

The rules for the new FIP have also been released. There are none.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
NO RULES, JUST LIKE THE OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE.

BRING IT ON GABE.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

wagnike2 posted:

NO RULES, JUST LIKE THE OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE.

BRING IT ON GABE.

bloomin onion on a pole match

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

No one bother paying for tickets, they can't do nothing!

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Powerbomb.tv goes live January 14th. Gonna get myself a yearly membership.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yessssssssssssssssss

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Powerbomb.tv goes live January 14th. Gonna get myself a yearly membership.

What are the deets?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$9.99 a month

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I think Powerbomb has C4, lucha indies/Black Terry Jr's personal cams, and some random smaller indies.
$10/month, $50/6, $100/yr

XWA update:
Ricochet vs. Flip Gordon
Keith Lee vs. David Starr(c) wXw whatever belt

NEW is running Lee vs. Dijak the next night.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

show reports!!!!!!!

AAW Unstoppable in Merrionette Park, IL
Was announced as a sell-out which I think is 550-600. There are ~450 reserved seats and then the standing room/bar area was crowded all night

Chris Hero's merch line was across the room before the show

Scarlett Bordeaux opened the show by interrupting the commentators and demanding a match for "Seth Rollins' star student" Connor Braxton. Homicide came out to accept the open challenge and won a short match after giving Scarlett a cutter

Ohio Is 4 Killers came out after the match to advance their feud with Homicide and the absent Eddie Kingston. Kongo Kong and his partner/missile Markus Crane made the save for Homicide, which turned into a brawl around the building and then a tag match. Brawl was fun with Kong repeatedly picking up Crane and launching him into the Crists. OI4K won with their top-rope stomp-assisted tombstone on Crane. it wasn't clear this was a match for the first 5 minutes of brawling so when the first pin was attempted there was a ITS A MATCH chant

Backstage promo with Davey Vega paying Silas Young to be his tag partner since his usual partner Mat Fitchett is booked in a four-way tonight. Marty Derosa debuted as a backstage interviewer here, funny segment

Matt Riddle out for his match next, think he got a bigger reaction than in his previous appearance against Jeff Cobb. Davey Richards returned as his surprise opponent which got a big pop. They went a crisp 13 minutes with Richards working heel. Clean and effective mat work. Riddle won via tap out and Richards raised his arm in respect

Four-way between Mat Fitchett, Dezmond Xavier, Michael Elgin and Paco (one of Elgin's students from Chicago) next. This was very well-paced and really highlighted Xavier and Elgin in particular. Paco always gets good reactions fighting from underneath since he is a smaller kid from Chicago and Elgin gave him a fair amount. Elgin ended up pinning Paco for the win

Backstage promo with Chuck Taylor, says he's hired Colt Cabana as protection from Davey Vega because Davey has twice bitten him in the dick in the last three months

Drew Galloway out for his match with Jeff Cobb. Crowd was kind of down for this one. Cobb has had a few good matches here but Galloway only had the prior meeting with Hero which I think was probably one of the weaker Hero matches all year. Galloway won with the double-arm DDT and then cut a promo about breaking his back and coming back to wrestle an athlete like Cobb. Goes on to essentially take credit for the UK scene exploding. Better promo than match, even as the thrust of the promo was "I should be more over with you guys than I am"

Pentagon vs. Chris Hero II was up next. Chris Hero ran the ropes and the top rope immediately broke. The metal latch to which the turnbuckle attaches ripped right off the pole itself, so it wasn't even a matter of reattaching the turnbuckle or anything. Hero threw Pentagon into the crowd and brawled and then they returned to the ring and traded a bunch of piledrivers since they couldn't hit the ropes. Pentagon won, getting his win back from last year's Windy City Classic. A disappointment since we didn't get much of a match - maybe 6 or 7 minutes - but certainly memorable

At intermission they tied the turnbuckle back to the pole and managed to get it taut and secure, remarkably

Taylor/Cabana vs. Vega/Young here. A good comedy match as you'd expect with Taylor and Cabana involved. They started off with everyone acting like the ropes were barbed wire and hitting them might mean death since they were just reattached. So they definitely made the most of it. Young never breaks his crotchety heel character which makes him a good straight man for the other three. Taylor/Cabana get the win when Vega goes to bite Chuck again and Chuck hits him in the face with his groin and Vega is knocked out. Chuck then pulled a metal cup out of his tights. Good and timely blow-off for a comedy feud

Heidi Lovelace defeated Kimber Lee in the last match for both with the promotion. Good action and reactions especially for Heidi. Kimber gave her the ring afterward and Heidi was very emotional for the requisite monthly 'thank you' and 'you deserve it' chants

ACH d. AR Fox for the AAW Heritage Title. Fast-paced and incredibly smooth exchanges from these guys. AR Fox worked as a heel when he's been a face for his whole tenure with the title so it was immediately apparent he was losing the belt. I think the four-way had more dramatic exchanges but it's hard not to call this the match of the night when you see their athleticism up close

Sami Callihan d. Rey Fenix to retain the AAW championship in 14 minutes. Another very good match, the ropes were thankfully taut for all Fenix's springboard moves and flying. Sami gets on the mic afterward and appears to be breaking kayfabe saying he respects Fenix and today is Fenix's birthday so he wanted to let him know that he respected him as an opponent. Fenix went for the handshake and Sami attacked him, then Dave Crist came out to assist with the beatdown. Homicide ran out for the save and challenged the Killer Kult to a steel cage match on 1/20 at Merrionette Park. Homicide also dropped a bunch of slurs here oops

AAW Tradition Continues in LaSalle

AAW has upgraded Dreamwave's setup and had a pretty nice looking entrance with a video screen and ceiling lights for the ring that I don't recall here previously. The room seats less than the Merrionette Park venue but was near-capacity and had a fair crowd standing. Would probably put seated at 325-350 so maybe 380 altogether. Many more families and WWE shirts than upstate

They added one of the Dreamwave play-by-play guys to their commentary team. They were out first to intro the show but got interrupted by Silas Young who cut a promo on the unattractive people of LaSalle. Colt Cabana came out for their match which was a bog-standard opener but Colt's in-ring chatter is always a crowd-pleaser. They streamed this match on Facebook Live. Cabana won

Zachary Wentz d. Ace Perry in what I think is the first match for both in AAW. Both raw kids but good looks and athleticism. I think Zach Wentz is a Callihan guy

The Hooligans were out next and were familiar to the Dreamwave crowd so they got a good reaction. They worked Davey Vega and Mat Fitchett who wisely were very deliberate about establishing their act, which is that Vega cheats and heels it up while Fitchett admonishes him and stops him from using the ropes for leverage and comedically tries to get him to be a good sport. The Hooligans in particular heated up the crowd here but Vega/Fitchett got the win. The Hooligans got my friends into the show when only 2/4 of them are even casual wrestling fans so good on ya

Taped promo by JT Davidson putting over Sami Callihan and Jake Crist. Sami takes the mic to put over the Killer Kult saying Dave Crist wasn't there because he was too busy going viral at Style Battle. They had another pretaped interview with ACH somewhere in here too

Jessicka Havok d. Taya Valkyrie with help from JT Davidson shenanigans. Havok seemed to be a known quantity and got a good reaction but the crowd tended to get behind the babyfaces all night. although the crowd wasn't sure if taya's name was tyra or tara

The Dreamwave favorites match was next with Brubaker and Zero Gravity going over "LaSalle's Very Own" Mike Hartenbower, Waylon Beck and Arik Cannon. These guys got the biggest reactions on their entrance, I think. Zero Gravity, like the Hooligans, have a handful of inventive spots that reliably get the crowd going. Mike Hartenbower was big and cut last time I saw him like 8 months ago but he's now blown up

ACH defended the AAW Heritage Title against Jake Crist. Run-of-the-mill match and it didn't rate a dive from ACH but he got a good reception

Scarlett Bordeaux came out with Eddie Machete and Connor Braxton. She cut a pretty entertaining "I'm from Hollywood" promo on LaSalle saying that these people would know that she's a star who was on WWE Raw last week if they actually owned TVs. Went on to tell Eddie he hasn't been pulling his weight and Connor has been doing all the winning, so this was his last chance. Machete lost to Stephen Wolf so Scarlett slapped him and sent him to the back. telling that this is a prelim act upstate but after intermission here

Random six-man next with Buck Nasty and Kody Rice joining Braxton to take on Louis Lyndon, Marion Fontaine and Paco. Buck Nasty claimed he was the one that brought AAW to LaSalle and wanted to be called Mr. LaSalle. This was a very fun comedy match and somebody tried to start a "fight forever" chant. an absolute plague of "this is awesome" chanters in lasalle tbh

Rey Fenix defeated Michael Elgin in the semi-main. Went about 15-16 minutes and I would call it quite good. Both guys did all of their signature spots and Fenix did a diagonal dive over the turnbuckle to the outside. Had dueling chants and consistent heat. At one point there was a "15 dollars" chant which I took to mean everyone thought they were getting more than their money's worth for the ticket price. first good chant all night. Elgin took the mic after losing and said usually he would never take a booking the day after he returned from Japan, and he didn't only take this one because it's AAW, but he also wanted to wrestle Fenix for the first time. He said he wanted to wrestle him again, but he would win the next one. Had a few bills thrown in the ring which I can't imagine has happened in LaSalle before

Sami Callihan tapped out John Morrison with the stretch muffler in the main event. A very solid match; I don't think either guy had any intentions of one-upping Fenix/Elgin but they worked a perfectly acceptable closer. Morrison was announced as the current Lucha Underground champion and I thought he actually did a better job of working to the room than he did at his previous AAW date in Merrionette Park, where it seemed like he was working to an upper deck of people that wasn't there

Very satisfactory show. They announced another Callihan title defense for their February LaSalle date, along with DJZ, Candice Lerae, AR Fox, and ACH vs Trevor Lee for the Heritage title. also AR Fox and Davey Richards have been added to the 1/20 show, matches to be announced tonight

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

huh I didn't know you made it, figured you were tweeting about that WWN show. Kinda surprised Elgin was willing to job there but Fenix is excellent so fine by me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FIP was stupid and ridiculous. Everything you expected and more. Except for flips off the space heaters.

I'm sorry Uncle John molested all those wrestlers.

E: Ethan Page should pay me everytime is name comes out my mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZe3_nuf9yc&t=172s

coconono fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 9, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why's that a youtube video? Wrestlers do that in their free time anyway. I'm still blocked by Gabe because I followed that parody account 7 years ago

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coconono posted:

FIP was stupid and ridiculous. Everything you expected and more. Except for flips off the space heaters.

I'm sorry Uncle John molested all those wrestlers.

E: Ethan Page should pay me everytime is name comes out my mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZe3_nuf9yc&t=172s

not gonna watch but who else got in there

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Thauros posted:

huh I didn't know you made it, figured you were tweeting about that WWN show. Kinda surprised Elgin was willing to job there but Fenix is excellent so fine by me.

its also surprising because they were pushing elgin vs ZSJ for the no. 1 contendership. but I gather they want fenix to stay at the top of the card despite just losing to sami so

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

not gonna watch but who else got in there

the last half of the video is devoted to Yours Truly.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Why's that a youtube video? Wrestlers do that in their free time anyway. I'm still blocked by Gabe because I followed that parody account 7 years ago

If everyone is doing it anyway why not have fun with it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its free pub for my shitposting so I'm not complaining.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Super No Vacancy posted:

its also surprising because they were pushing elgin vs ZSJ for the no. 1 contendership. but I gather they want fenix to stay at the top of the card despite just losing to sami so

Also you can argue that he just got back from Japan and he already has his No 1 match booked so...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

PWG: Only Kings Understand Each Other - February 18th

Lio Rush vs Ricochet
Jay White vs Marty Scurll
Rey Fenix vs Trent?
Jeff Cobb and Matthew Riddle vs Unbreakable F'n Machines
Cody R vs Trevor Lee
OI4K and Sami Callihan vs The Young Bucks and Adam Cole
Chuck Taylor vs Zack Sabre for the PWG World Title

no kyle huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

oatgan posted:

no kyle huh

Remember when the indies swapped Trent? for Generico.
Cody R for Kyle.
Is was it already Cody for Roddy?