Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasure bear

Lizard Wizard posted:

i was going to say the answer was he wanted to use high strength weapons, but he's not two-handing which puts this whole thing beyond my comprehension

i'm one handing because it uses less stamina and feels a bit quicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear

tao of lmao posted:

agdq starts in a couple hours

thank you julio

it's now in 30minutes

https://gamesdonequick.com
list of games https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Plebian Parasite

hoipe

pogi

Lastgirl posted:

stardew valley maybe?

Hah, I actually used to work with ConcernedApe before that game blew up and he didn't have to worry about money anymore. Nice guy.

Shane is real and loves that he's a popular video game character now.

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Try running Dark Souls, I managed to play through the whole game with a decent frame rate on my laptop on integrated graphics after my graphics card blew up

I tried, but Dark Souls runs like rear end on my machine. Barely playable frame rate. Are there any optimization fixes for it?

vanisher posted:

You can run all sorts of fun games on a PC that can kind of handle left 4 dead 2.

Running games on a garbage PC is kind of my thing

What kind of genre are you looking for

I loved the STALKER games, but again, they run like rear end on my garbage laptop. Is there anything similar that could scratch that itch?

Historical Wizards

With TESIII: Morrowind having come out back in 2002, it would probably work on your garbage pc. It is hands down the best game Todd Howard has done, and its really great.
But it has a number of "dated" mechanics, such as attacks don't automatically hit, spell failure chance, and mutually exclusive and conflicting factions.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

pogi

I used to love morrowind as a kid but haven't played it in nearly a decade. What are some good mods, especially ones that change things up a bit?

Historical Wizards

I play it vanilla :twisted:

E: I guess fair magika regen if you don't feel like conserving spells or dealing with potions and alchemy

Scaly Haylie

pogi, try dark souls 2. it doesn't suffer from the heinous performance issues the first game had.

pogi

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot. I never got as far into ds2, it would be fun to finally beat it.

Scaly Haylie

on the other hand, DO NOT play unpatched Sims 3. they forgot to put in a frame limit and many computers got melted as a result.

pogi

I've been playing the sims 2 every now and then, but I miss the open world gameplay in 3. I'll reinstall (with the patch I suppose) and see how it runs.

vanisher

Sims 3 should run okay if you could run Left 4 Dead 2.

If skill based FPS is your thing you can probably run Oblivion

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

a bone to pick

by FactsAreUseless
The sims 1 is the only good sims

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

pogi posted:

I've been playing the sims 2 every now and then, but I miss the open world gameplay in 3. I'll reinstall (with the patch I suppose) and see how it runs.

sims 3 is so poorly optimized that the launcher begs you not to have more than three expansions installed at once. some of the expansions are really good though, and i'd be happy to pick your brain later and recommend a few to install.

MrWillsauce

dark souls poo

Historical Wizards

Please no :gonk:

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

pogi

I remember being 11 and playing Morrowind for the first time. I wandered into the Ashlands and got murdered by a billion cliff racers, fell in love then and there.

Also, I was enamored with the map that came with the game. I loved looking up remote ruins on the map and trying to make my way there in game.

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

pogi posted:

I remember being 11 and playing Morrowind for the first time. I wandered into the Ashlands and got murdered by a billion cliff racers, fell in love then and there.

Also, I was enamored with the map that came with the game. I loved looking up remote ruins on the map and trying to make my way there in game.

Oh that map that's my teenage years right there. Morrowind did what so many open world dogs have failed to by creating a place that you just wanted to explore: sod the quest line and just levelling up to keep exploring rather than grinding to hit achievements or waypoints.

vanisher

I'm entertaining the idea of building myself a new PC and its overwhelming. I haven't done this in 10+ years.

Luckily the cost of making a PC that can play even AAA titles well has come way way down.

a bone to pick

by FactsAreUseless

vanisher posted:

I'm entertaining the idea of building myself a new PC and its overwhelming. I haven't done this in 10+ years.

Luckily the cost of making a PC that can play even AAA titles well has come way way down.

Be careful about DDR4 systems, the advertised speeds of the RAM really depend on the CPU and most of the time you can't get the full speeds. Been burned by this recently.

----------------

TOOT BOOT

a bone to pick posted:

Be careful about DDR4 systems, the advertised speeds of the RAM really depend on the CPU and most of the time you can't get the full speeds. Been burned by this recently.

This doesn't really matter for gaming other than Dwarf Fortress.

Music Theory

Ultra Spoot posted:

Dual wielding in dark souls is the manliest possible way to play it

I beat DS2 with nothing but powerstanced caesti and an outfit that made me kind of look like captain falcon

i could stream that

BIRDCON 2017

i fully completed my first game of the new year

vanisher

a bone to pick posted:

I just learned what an M2 slot does

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Liquid Penguins

by Cowcaster
the best videogames are played on your side in bed while getting ready for coin collecting dreams

----------------

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Liquid Penguins posted:

the best videogames are played on your side in bed while getting ready for coin collecting dreams

Dragon Quest 8 for ds is deffo gonna be one of these for me for the next... probably couple months.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

a bone to pick

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a 3ds for $50 a week ago, the 3d effect is broken. I'm not into anime though so are there any good non-anime games for the 3ds?

----------------

Piso Mojado

Most everyone I know with a 3ds, including myself, turns the 3d effects off anyways

Piso Mojado

Is fire emblem considered anime?

death sext

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

i fully completed my first game of the new year

you couldn't have played for one more minute? monster.

Piso Mojado posted:

Is fire emblem considered anime?

only the one where you rub on the faces and blow on the faces and generally get all up in them mugs

a bone to pick

by FactsAreUseless
If fire emblem is the game where you make lil anime people gently caress and fight then yeah that's anime.

----------------

mysterious frankie

a bone to pick posted:

I bought a 3ds for $50 a week ago, the 3d effect is broken. I'm not into anime though so are there any good non-anime games for the 3ds?

the 3d is lame anyhow, so you're not missing out on anything.

shovel knight is not anime and is sort of like nes duck tales meets mega man. basically it's a classic capcom style side scrolling action game plus modern design improvements. the developers also keep releasing free campaigns for it that let you play as the different bosses. it's also only like $15. and there's online vs battles you can play, but I know nothing about that. pretty much everyone loves the dang thing, so I think you will too.

picross 3d is a lot of fun if you like puzzle games. I can't play it on the train though, because I feel like everyone is watching me be bad at puzzles.

there's mario golf and luigi's mansion and star fox 64 and all the classic snes games if you have a new 3ds. tons of stuff to enjoy. also there's rhythm heaven megamix, but that might fall on the other side of your line.

----------------

mysterious frankie

stardew valley needs to come to 3ds because I can't imagine sitting in front of my tv playing it. seems like something I'd play for variable bursts on a little screen that I take with me everywhere I go.

----------------

death sext

a bone to pick posted:

the only game I still play with any regularity is animal crossing. I've also put a ton of hours into stardew valley, so I think I'm a little biased toward cute little sims.

a bone to pick

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious frankie posted:

the 3d is lame anyhow, so you're not missing out on anything.

shovel knight is not anime and is sort of like nes duck tales meets mega man. basically it's a classic capcom style side scrolling action game plus modern design improvements. the developers also keep releasing free campaigns for it that let you play as the different bosses. it's also only like $15. and there's online vs battles you can play, but I know nothing about that. pretty much everyone loves the dang thing, so I think you will too.

picross 3d is a lot of fun if you like puzzle games. I can't play it on the train though, because I feel like everyone is watching me be bad at puzzles.

there's mario golf and luigi's mansion and star fox 64 and all the classic snes games if you have a new 3ds. tons of stuff to enjoy. also there's rhythm heaven megamix, but that might fall on the other side of your line.

nice, I'm definitely getting weegee's mansion, that was one of my favorite games ever from the gamecube.

----------------

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

mysterious frankie posted:

stardew valley needs to come to 3ds because I can't imagine sitting in front of my tv playing it. seems like something I'd play for variable bursts on a little screen that I take with me everywhere I go.

it must be coming to iOS and Android

mysterious frankie

a bone to pick posted:

nice, I'm definitely getting weegee's mansion, that was one of my favorite games ever from the gamecube.

this one's a sequel and it's actually one of the funnest things on the system imo. also agree with whoever said animal crossing, but it's not so much a game as it is zen gardening where mouthy animal people replace the rocks and sand.

----------------

death sext

I completely forgot about the 3ds luigi's mansion! Getting that today hcek yeah

mysterious frankie

Subjunctive posted:

it must be coming to iOS and Android

I dunno if it would be fun that way, or at least not the kind of fun I want. 3ds feels right to me, but I don't think the guy making it is gonna bother, since the switch is coming out and he's like one lil' dude and would be wise to follow the money to the new thing that will probably be easier to develop for because it's got beefier specs.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

death sext posted:

I completely forgot about the 3ds luigi's mansion! Getting that today hcek yeah

:catstare: