Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SOSA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Exactly

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Bangkok is a bit like Marrakesh in that one target can be dealt with immediately, but the second takes some sneaky maneuvers through a high security area to get to. By far the most challenging thing is the security cameras. There are lots of them and only one highly guarded terminal if you are recorded. It's been my toughest SOSA so far, with Sapienza being the easiest. I have no clue how I'm going to SOSA Colorado.

i had your exact problem with bangkok. getting that security terminal is so hard its almost worth it to reload if you get spotted by a camera at all. Colorado actually isn't as tough as it looks if you know everyones routines well enough.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Chexoid posted:

i had your exact problem with bangkok. getting that security terminal is so hard its almost worth it to reload if you get spotted by a camera at all. Colorado actually isn't as tough as it looks if you know everyones routines well enough.
At least you can shoot the cameras too, so once you remember where they are they're not such a huge pain in the rear end.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Chexoid posted:

I found Colorado pretty easy to SASO, it has lots of chest high barriers to hide behind.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I found getting Dahlia a lot easier- just grabbed an IAGO card outside then walked right in. Once "Tobias" and Dahlia had some words, I hit in the closet in her bathroom and gave her the fiber wire treatment.

But yeah, Bangkok SASO pretty much hinges on you either knowing how to take out a camera without alerting anyone (The one overlooking the two sleeping guys near the room with the crewmembers just chilling out took me... around an hour and a half to get past both ways). I'm not looking forward to doing it for Colorado, but the XP from it is too good to ignore.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Colorado is easier than it seems because 3 of the 4 targets end up in the house at some point. Maya Parvati is the only one who never goes there, and there's 2 solid ways to kill her on SASO.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

GoneRampant posted:

But yeah, Bangkok SASO pretty much hinges on you either knowing how to take out a camera without alerting anyone (The one overlooking the two sleeping guys near the room with the crewmembers just chilling out took me... around an hour and a half to get past both ways). I'm not looking forward to doing it for Colorado, but the XP from it is too good to ignore.

The .22 supressed is very useful for this as it's near impossible for npcs to detect it being fired. Too bad it's mastery level 20 for Bangkok.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The 5mm caseless, the one that can't be found with a frisk, is also fairly decent for quietly popping cameras, and you'll get it from one or two Hokkaido runs, at Mastery 5. Just use your few shots very, very efficiently.

Worst case, thrown objects will break cameras too.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This Blood Money AGDQ run is pretty great.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Chexoid posted:

The Bangkok terminal is easy. Enter dressed as security, toss a coin into the corner, and pick them off one by one with soda cans, starting with the closest guy.

Edit: oh, you were talking about sosa, nvm.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Veotax posted:

bummer he missed the pro/sa, but yeah it was very entertaining. i think the run submission deadlines meant that all of season 1 couldn't be run this time, but hopefully SGDQ.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Veotax posted:

Here's a link to the start of the run for those who missed it:
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/v/113336135?t=18h08m50s

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
I got spotted by cameras on Bangkok during SASO, but I was able to shoot the camera recordings from just outside the security hut door and book it before the guards realized what had happened.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Eggnogium posted:

I got spotted by cameras on Bangkok during SASO, but I was able to shoot the camera recordings from just outside the security hut door and book it before the guards realized what had happened.

Gunshot heard doesn't seem to count against being a silent assassin :v: .

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Boiled Water posted:

Gunshot heard doesn't seem to count against being a silent assassin :v: .

I shot the General in Marrakesh from the rooftop above the school to get my sniper challenge and the first time I did it the guards went into Combat mode because I guess they instantly looked up from the schoolyard and saw me. Second time I just backed up a little and even though they heard the gunshot, all they did was search around. They actually got really close to my position, getting to the rooftop next to mine, but since they're not AssCreed guards who can climb up all the same stuff you do, the ledges I shimmied across kept them at bay.

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

0.5 seconds: the time it takes me to press the "expose wire" button
1.0 seconds: the time it takes me to realize I forgot to turn off the power
2.0 seconds: the time it takes for the "expose wire" animation to complete, resulting in electrocution

:saddowns:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, its a million times worse when you fail an ET that way like I did. I think it was the identity thief? :sigh:

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Choosing to shimmy into the other patient's room at the very start of Hokkaido basically caused a chain of events that led to me silent assassin-ing the whole thing in something like 20 minutes. Bless that old cowboy's poor physical health

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

Choosing to shimmy into the other patient's room at the very start of Hokkaido basically caused a chain of events that led to me silent assassin-ing the whole thing in something like 20 minutes. Bless that old cowboy's poor physical health

Are you me? I just did Hokkaido for the first time, shimmied over to the other room at the start, and got silent assassin. Nothing I did over in that room actually contributed to my run though.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Eggnogium posted:

Haven't played Bangkok in a long time, but judging by other people's comments, they removed the recorder from that security hut because it was too easy to do just this.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oceanbound posted:

Haven't played Bangkok in a long time, but judging by other people's comments, they removed the recorder from that security hut because it was too easy to do just this.

Booooo.

I'm about to start Bangkok so I could have used that.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yeah, it's not too bad but you definitely need to check for cameras. I did it like this:

Start at the riverside with a modern lethal syringe and a lethal poison vial, with electronic scramblers in the restaurant bathroom as the smuggled item. Immediately run to the kitchen and poison Morgan's food. Then pick up the scramblers in the bathroom and go to the floor 47's suite is on. Use a scrambler on the door that leads out onto the atrium roof and shoot the camera that's immediately overhead, followed by the other one to the right of the doorway. Then sneak over to the doorway directly opposite on the other side of the roof. Shoot the camera that's facing the crew members passed out on the floor. Sneak into the hotel room where the 3-4 crew members are hanging out, go into the bedroom and shut the door, then knock out the guy in there and drag him behind the bed. Climb up the pipe into Cross' suite, head right into the bathroom, and lure the crew members in there with the nearby wrench. Put them in the bathroom wardrobe, wait in the recording studio for Cross to poison him, then leave the way you came.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've mastered and SASO'd the previous three levels (just finished Paris last night) but I don't have a scrambler yet.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It'll take you slightly longer, but go get the master keycard in the laundry room and then continue on your merry way.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

You don't need a scrambler to get out to the roof, there's another, unlocked, door.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Distract the dudes outside the hotel camera room with a coin and you can easily pop in to shoot the security hub from behind the desks.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

quote:

Elusive Target 18 has two objectives AND special contract conditions apply:

Objectives: (1) Eliminate Richard M. Foreman & (2) Retrieve Documents.
Special Contract Conditions: Eliminate the target with a non-explosion accident.

:getin:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Nice. They must have noticed how many people were cheesing ETs with fire extinguishers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh nice, I haven't done an ET yet. Been so engrossed in the main level missions and I've wanted to level up to get as many of the tools and weapons as possible but I'm going to do this one. I did pay for them after all.

Edit: Oh goddammit, it's a target in Colorado. Haven't even played that map yet.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Nice. They must have noticed how many people were cheesing ETs with fire extinguishers.

The always-online requirement can be annoying but what it does for feedback to developers is cool, especially for a developer who is releasing content in this manner.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Join me on a magnificent cringefest, won't you?

It's incredible how badly the game's development was bungled-the whole design was partially built, scrapped and redone several times. We dodged getting a whole slew of things that were many times worse than Absolution as it was delivered. And this is the account written by the devs trying to make the game look good.

quote:

The lighter was a nightmare to develop and took a year to work, for whatever reason

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 10, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
We didn't dodge anything. The devs worked hard to turn it around and spent countless hours providing us with a good product.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Boiled Water posted:

It'll take you slightly longer, but go get the master keycard in the laundry room and then continue on your merry way.
Yeah, there's a camera over the double doors when you come in from outside, but it's easy to pop if you stay in cover. That and a security or hotel employee uniform will get you pretty much anywhere on the map. SASO requires some additional sneakiness but it's still worth getting.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

May require some reloads too, I've gotten screwed by head turns in that drat laundry room a few times.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mondian posted:

May require some reloads too, I've gotten screwed by head turns in that drat laundry room a few times.

Toss a coin in the far corner.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Perfect Potato posted:

On my first run I walked by the security office and someone walked out, leaving one guy alone.

I got a uniform and killed the cameras and had the run of the place. This is the first mission I did totally blind too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Injections count as "accidents" right?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Injections count as "accidents" right?

Nope.

The graphic seems to point to falling and drowning as the only options, but isn't setting people on fire with oil drums distinct from explosion accidents?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Electrocution is also an accident, and blowing up due to environmental hazards. Falling off cliffs and such is also an accident, as is being crushed by a falling object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mondian posted:

Nope.

The graphic seems to point to falling and drowning as the only options, but isn't setting people on fire with oil drums distinct from explosion accidents?

Glad I asked. :v: