Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So TMM's first attempt at a "content" post has him making sure that we all know he's voting Kashuno, and his vote is staying there, but it's somehow both a serious vote and a joke vote.

Zero conviction, very unlike TMM.

He briefly mentions FL and MMT, but he keeps repeating (I'm gonna look closer later, gonna look at it later). He's obviously read the thread as he knows who is posting what, and why, but he refuses to say anything definitive.

He repeats his assertion that I'm playing the way that I normally do, but echoes many other players in that it "just feels off".

There you guys go, content to go along with the meta read. TMM has no conviction, is dancing around saying/doing anything with any amount of seriousness, and waffling on the one vote that he's made this game.

Dude is scum, remember that after you lynch me.

while nothing you've said here is false, it's D1 and I can understand someone who wasn't here for a portion of this day having little to no conviction. this thread isn't exactly exciting to catch up on

it's also hard to feel tmm is weird for having the same opinion as many people vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

I never said my case was contrived, I said Tobbs' reaction was. I feel the same way about this particular line of questioning.

that makes waaay more sense and is probably why I forgot about it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

"I would rather reach a point where I could help secure the expedition's victorious identification of the killer and/or killers-at-hand, and to make more use of our first... slaying?
I wouldn't want Max mis-characterized for targeting me as a result of my flipping town either, Max is quite likely to believe I have no 'game' but 'scumgame' and to a certain extent this is true.
It would be rather nice to be the killer in such a cacophony, I would feel quite safe.

However, whatever is best for the expedition, I shall accept as the will of God. I'll regret only having never made Dr. Pereau proud."

Hello friendo~ We are a mighty space being, please tell us who you think is the evil among us. We would like to hear your beautiful opinions. Beautiful like a washed up seal.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
i like you stick but you've got a lot of posts where all you do is defend tobbs. what's up with that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
did you uh, confuse me with someone else?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
tbh i like todds although hes doing his broken brain routine and id rather vote out known garbage players like bottleknight who mostly join mafia games to sub out

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

stickup is one of the main proponents of my mislynch today

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

ahaha I did, holy poo poo. Who the gently caress was I just reading

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

sorry, it's been years since I've been in a game this huge and I'm already a scatterbrained moron

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

for real look at this pair of moat posts!!

Moatillata posted:

[i've removed all the reads that weren't scum or scum adjacent]
-I do not like MMT's attempt to jam me up with the whole "oohhhhh I forgot moat was in the game" this makes me not feel so hot about her

-SSV is likely scum looking at his post history

-TMM is on notice because if he continues in the fashion he is currently on without picking it up I am going to believe that this may be his scum game once again. Not sure yet; giving him time.

Moatillata posted:

oh and hey, I think this is a solid vote to push for participation

##vote TMM

Moat calling SSV scum there but turning around and voting TMM, on who he doesn't have a scum read, feels really bad to me. Either scum trying to deflect off a scumbud without attaching themselves to a town read, or scum trying to set up a paper trail to vote SSV on d2/d3.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

stickup is one of the main proponents of my mislynch today

yeah, I mean I would rather lynch TM but todds is sticking out to me more than pmom or whoever

maybe bird slammed his head on a glass door or something similar

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

ahaha I did, holy poo poo. Who the gently caress was I just reading

FL maybe? bunch of tobbs defense in there

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

peramene posted:

"There is no way I'm going to be able to speak up 20+ times in the time before we've reached our deadline, and I have nothing of honest value to add. I suppose a little later I can try to make sense of some of these things, but right now it seems like a lot of you have prior experience with one another that neither I nor the investigation benefit from at all."

I agree with this very much. Everyone is all "meta this" and "meta that" and I'm like "idk".

Also the people that's most defensive of Tobbs is ChaosLord and BottleKnight

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

I'd really like to request that people re-read BK! It won't take long, promise.

(a) BK says that he would have been more upfront if I had asked him questions, which is fair enough. But then he doesn't post anymore after I stop casing him.
(b) I don't see any possible way that BK got an alignment read from the post he quoted from FL. It feels like a falsified opinion.

Sure, why not.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Moat calling SSV scum there but turning around and voting TMM, on who he doesn't have a scum read, feels really bad to me. Either scum trying to deflect off a scumbud without attaching themselves to a town read, or scum trying to set up a paper trail to vote SSV on d2/d3.

this is pretty drat weird. also a few of his reads seem to be tossed in there just to have more reads

Moatillata posted:

-pera needs to be stopped before she loses her mind like what is happening in poo poo talking chutes and ladders rn

-OMG reads as a new player bored without a PR trying to spice things up

-Chores is null for me right now

aaaaand now I will calmly wait in a state of zen meditation for bird to begin tunneling me.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

for real look at this pair of moat posts!!

so you think moat and ssv are scum together?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

I think he's just saying things.

People defending me or not is irrelevant anyways since I'm town lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

so you think moat and ssv are scum together?

i'm not sure what my belief ordering is on (only SSV scum) / (only Moat scum) / (both scum)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If you don't want to waste time, here's a tip!

Don't bother trying to make connections between me and any of the other players before I flip. There aren't any.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##unvote ##vote bottleknight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I agree with this very much. Everyone is all "meta this" and "meta that" and I'm like "idk".

none of this

is true

lynch all liars

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm not sure what my belief ordering is on (only SSV scum) / (only Moat scum) / (both scum)

(but tbc: i think moat is scummy independent of ssv)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

chaoslord posted:

oh sorry, I'm mixing your giant post about Keane's BP post and I thought it was agreeing with Tobbs about it being an obvious joke post but Tobbs was actually agreeing with you later.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

Disregarding meta, Pera, is there nobody that stands out to you at all?

"Not at present.

The one thing I can say is that I perhaps realize the cacophony itself might be telling.

On Tobbs: The first to vote is Slamburger, joined by PMom, joined, unjoined, and then rejoined by Kashuno. Kashuno leaves again.(1); MMT joins, this is a stickup joins, Kashuno rejoins, PMOM leaves, chores joins, leaves, and then rejoins, Tired Moritz joins, Kashuno bails, i am the bird joins.

As far as people willing enough to target Tobbs to file a vote, Kashuno flails wildly, and five others have remained. The only people to bail and stay gone from Tobbs are PMom, currently in second place, but holding a sole vote on SSV, alone. Surety that the Tobbs thing wasn't working out, or an attempt to differentiate himself from the rest of his comrades? Impossible to say; Kashuno, now targeting PMom; and Slamburger, now supporting the FL vote without either of the original supporters - that seems odd to me, but what do I know?

PMOM has the temerity once again to instruct me in how I choose to speak which I continue not to appreciate but will not hold against him. We have Kashuno flailing wildly - which, alright, seems to be what Kashuno does, but at least for the moment ending up targeting PMom; Tobbs; SSV, perhaps in retaliation for PMom's vote; Tobbs bails; Max bails; Flying Leatherman joins and Kashuno rejoins.

As for TMMadman, Tobbs is flailing like crazy. I'm sure he's gone around the table as to why, but apply a vote on and off like crazy like so seems wildly ridiculous to me. Or maybe it is typical behavior that will not strike any of you as suspicious. Moat joins this vote with Tobbs.

On Flying Leatherman, chaoslord opens, Tobbs joins, then both retreat. Bottleknight joins. Slamburger joins. I'm not sure. This seems suspicious, and I guess I'll echo MMT's call for our friends to "reread" BK.

As for the sole vote on SSV, I have already discussed Pmom's temerity, but I will note that while he insults me, he does not try to build a movement against me. Ask yourself: if you were one of our killers, would my way of doing things irritate you enough to draw your ire? Would you focus on me? I think this might actually be a bit of an argument for PMom's innocence, which I am not comfortable stating outright, but seems to be the case to me? At least with the available evidence. Why would a killer want a less-experienced investigator to speak up more? I don't know. Maybe it is cover.

As far as content posts go, this is pretty lovely. But I suppose it was good for me to give it a try. I will reread BK in a little bit, and to be fair, reread MMT. I believe they are likely to oppose one another, but I'd like to reread their statements to have a better grasp on that.

My apologies to my comrades for failing to do better. I am not willing to apply a vote at this time."

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
you could have saved all that time by just quoting ecco's vote count

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

I do not feel good about FL. I feel like even if he hasn't played a game with Keane, he's been around him. He knows Keane to be an eternal jokester. The clinical approach he takes to someone literally going BULLETPROOF in their post seems like fake content. It started off innocent enough but became a game of chicken scum couldn't stand to lose.

##vote FL

BottleKnight posted:

You didn't press me, to my knowledge. If you had, I probably would have answered you? If I missed you pressing me, please point it out and I will go back and answer for you.

As for your question, it's a gut read. He's getting frustrated that he's being cased for playing the game. It's the way I feel when I think I've picked a pretty low-risk argument to go for as scum and still get poo poo for it.

BK is posting very, very carefully. Basically, he's posting like me when I'm scum. The part I bolded is what stands out. It's a good way to get yourself going on pushing a case on a player you know is not scum. He doesn't feel good about FL, and then he continually does his best to rationalize it and then throws down a vote.

I see the scum case for BK. Is it different/the same as how he usually plays? I don't remember playing with him before.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

"There is no way I'm going to be able to speak up 20+ times in the time before we've reached our deadline, and I have nothing of honest value to add. I suppose a little later I can try to make sense of some of these things, but right now it seems like a lot of you have prior experience with one another that neither I nor the investigation benefit from at all."

I have a gut town read on pera. If she were scum, I think she'd be able to bounce ideas off her scumteam and be more active in trying to misdirect the vote. Her tone this game sounds like new town in a large game, trying to find cases but getting lost in all the text.

Regarding the PR (post restriction) - I've only ever tried to play Mafia in-character once and I found that it made the game a lot lot harder to play. Not only do you have to keep up on what's going on (which can be tough), but you then have to figure out a way to communicate your thoughts and you don't want to make that hard if you don't have to.

So now just pretend it's like an immunity challenge or t/d and answer these:

(a) for the record, how much SA Mafia have you played before?
(b) if you had an imaginary gun and had to shoot the scummiest person in the game, who would you target and why?
(c) re-read over Tobbs - do you think he's telling the truth or lying?

This might come off as me "mafia momming" but I like pera and can empathize with the feeling of jumping into a large game with a lot of regular players and feeling lost.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

none of this

is true

lynch all liars

your whole case against me is meta stuff. tobbs started hitting fl with again, meta stuff. keane's defense on his bp claim is agajn on his meta. tmm's case is about how he post like this in an old game.

I don't think I'm wrong, but I'll gladly accept any proof that prove me wrong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is the right vote, i'm pretty sure

##unvote
##vote peramene

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I liked that post!! rude group.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is the right vote, i'm pretty sure

##unvote
##vote peramene

r u a jester

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that post is a very clear statement of intent from pera that she's not going to give us anything useful or readable all game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Here PMOM, just fill in the blanks.

[playername] is [doing/not doing] [thing] in a particularly [townie/scummy] way, and that is why I think [playername] is scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

My apologies to my comrades for failing to do better. I am not willing to apply a vote at this time."

Throw votes around! It's the funnest part of the game.

##unvote
##vote peramene

See? :palmon:

For serious it's not personal, we all signed up knowing some % of us would be scum. By throwing votes around, it forces you to take a stance - if you're not willing to, it's seen as scummy.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

"I will reread BK in a little bit, and to be fair, reread MMT. I believe they are likely to oppose one another, but I'd like to reread their statements to have a better grasp on that.

I mean, it's possible that she's not going to give the reads that she said she would after the analysis, which would look suspicious, but personally I'd wait a bit longer to see if she delivers.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

your whole case against me is meta stuff. tobbs started hitting fl with again, meta stuff. keane's defense on his bp claim is agajn on his meta. tmm's case is about how he post like this in an old game.

I don't think I'm wrong, but I'll gladly accept any proof that prove me wrong.

my case against you is your posting is weird and bad, and you're insisting that this entire game is meta (it's not) so you can't post.

it's possible to form your own opinions about things even when people are making meta cases. your position seems to be that it is impossible for you to do so, just like you were a scum player and trying to coast on everyone's cases.

there is enough to debate going on in this game regardless of meta that you should have opinions on people. this is why pera's posting is really bad. you seem to have regressed a little bit towards what FL said about you, which, entertainingly, is meta.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm always weirded out by TM, Stickup. It's just that town TM feels scummy too, and the meta tell I've been able to use in the past is that he(?) feels a lot more disconnected and is less willing to make alignment calls when playing scum. That's not happening here.

you literally just posted that you feel disconnected from the game because "it's all meta"

(a) how do you have a solid town read on anyone at all this early in the game?

and I'm going to steal mmt's questions:

(b) if you had an imaginary gun and had to shoot the scummiest person in the game, who would you target and why?
(c) re-read over Tobbs - do you think he's telling the truth or lying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Here PMOM, just fill in the blanks.

[playername] is [doing/not doing] [thing] in a particularly [townie/scummy] way, and that is why I think [playername] is scum.

It's weird that you're pushing this narrative on me when I've presented cases on SSV and moat in the last 24h.

• Locked thread