Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

PT6A posted:

Ah, I thought this was some retarded thing people do to their cars on purpose, like stancing or whatever the gently caress that is.
Years ago my Dad did this to a Ford L9000. He was pulling it through deep mud behind a John Deere and the tow cable was attached to the front right corner of the frame thus shifting the frame from its previous rectangular shape to a diamond shape, the truck drove funny ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

PT6A posted:

Ah, I thought this was some retarded thing people do to their cars on purpose, like stancing or whatever the gently caress that is.

Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orVrp-oTWyU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain posted:

How is this poo poo legal.

It isn't. My brother got pulled over for it once out near Dulles, and his wife pretty much decided to get rid of that truck.

edit: I should add that it's totally fine in Florida, also please no multi-page derail about whether or not it's legal where you live.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Usually due to frame or suspension damage. Diamond shaped frame or a bent leafspring or other suspension part that makes the axle point the wrong way relative to the frame/body.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

What's a truck?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

reddit has some zingers today

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

FCKGW posted:

What's a truck?

The hell is wrong with that person's brain?

Seriously, just rent a fuckin' pickup, you dunce. Or a crossover, or an SUV, or even a hatchback -- these are all better choices than what you've done.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

PT6A posted:

Seriously, just rent a fuckin' pickup, you dunce. Or a crossover, or an SUV, or even a hatchback -- these are all better choices than what you've done.

That looks like a scrapper desperate to get meth money.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

xzzy posted:

:allbuttons:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

PT6A posted:

In the rain no less.

I wonder if all the weight of the scrap being put on pushing the trunk upwards makes it more secure or not. I can probably guarantee it doesn't close anymore.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

xzzy posted:

Idiot for not having a proper frame on his ute to take roofing iron. Also for having a Chevy badge on his Commodore.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Second view on the impaled ute

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Uh... I really hope that car was parked there uninhabited :(

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Uh... I really hope that car was parked there uninhabited :(

Note that that's Aus, so it's RHD

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Let's pretend that the driver getting roadhead and so they both escaped injury.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

spog posted:

Let's pretend that the driver getting roadhead and so they both escaped injury.

More like the road is getting driver head :v: but I don't see any, uh, debris, so you're probably correct.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Saw this last night.

Yes, that's "parked"

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Saw this last night.

Yes, that's "parked"

Driver is probably too fat to exit the vehicle any other way.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Saw this guy parked at the flea market.

Nothing says if you pull me over my 16 year old son will strafe you with an assault rifle quite like a minivan with sovcit tags.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Funny enough the owners came out as I was taking the photo. One of them yelled something about "that's ridiculous" as they walked towards the car, so I assumed it wasn't theirs until they opened the doors. Neither was fat or old :shrug:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Saw this last night.

Yes, that's "parked"

Somehow, the shopping cart standing there directly across from a cart corral manages to irk me more than the parking job.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raluek posted:

Note that that's Aus, so it's RHD

Even so Jesus God Almighty :stonk:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Standoff between cyclist and driver in downtown Ottawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ7hSLZdnU&feature=youtu.be

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Lime Tonics posted:

Standoff between cyclist and driver in downtown Ottawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ7hSLZdnU&feature=youtu.be

I'm seeing felony adw.

Wish we could see what started it. Don't gently caress with snow bikers, thos guys are pretty hardcore/crazy.

I'm guessing that car clipped him and tried to H&R.

nm fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 15, 2017

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

Somehow, the shopping cart standing there directly across from a cart corral manages to irk me more than the parking job.

Yeah that lot is awful for that crap. Nobody puts their carts away, just leaves them in the middle of a space.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Yeah that lot is awful for that crap. Nobody puts their carts away, just leaves them in the middle of a space.

I sat in a Tesco car park opposite a trolley thing once and it was enough for me to lose faith in humanity. Most baffling was the people who would walk a good distance to bring the trolley back and then at the last moment abandon them so they ended up in a jumble inside the pen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jammyozzy posted:

I sat in a Tesco car park opposite a trolley thing once and it was enough for me to lose faith in humanity. Most baffling was the people who would walk a good distance to bring the trolley back and then at the last moment abandon them so they ended up in a jumble inside the pen.

If nothing else, it makes me understand why airports have those systems where you need to put a coin or a credit card in to use a cart.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If nothing else, it makes me understand why airports have those systems where you need to put a coin or a credit card in to use a cart.

Some shopping chains have them here, too. all the carts are chained together, and you have to put a quarter or loonie in to release the chain, and then get the coin back when you plug the chain back in. it only takes one person willing to give up 25 cents before you end up with a whole bunch of carts chained together in the middle of a parking lot though.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.

eighty-four merc posted:

Saw this guy parked at the flea market.

Nothing says if you pull me over my 16 year old son will strafe you with an assault rifle quite like a minivan with sovcit tags.
In some states you have a certain period of time where you can move a vehicle after purchase without any plates. You're supposed to put an "in transit" sign on the back in lieu of the plate. Nothing sovereign citizen about it, actually it's the opposite they're complying with the law.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

Vitamin J posted:

In some states you have a certain period of time where you can move a vehicle after purchase without any plates. You're supposed to put an "in transit" sign on the back in lieu of the plate. Nothing sovereign citizen about it, actually it's the opposite they're complying with the law.

This isn't one of those states, and shopping at the flea market doesn't exactly fall under taking the vehicle directly from where it was stored to where it will be stored, but I appreciate your playing devil's advocate for this freak.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Unless they're selling it there, I've seen people do that on US route 1 in central SC. A Grand Caravan isn't exactly a sought-after keeper.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

He went inside to shop. Maybe he flew from a state where that is the practice to buy a minivan and was driving back, but it reminded me of the sovcit minivan in the video I linked so I snagged a photo.

Honestly my impression of the guy was he looked like a freak. But I guess that's what people from mid west where they do this look like? Regardless it's unequivocally illegal to drive around shopping with IN TRANSIT "tags" here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Powershift posted:

Some shopping chains have them here, too. all the carts are chained together, and you have to put a quarter or loonie in to release the chain, and then get the coin back when you plug the chain back in. it only takes one person willing to give up 25 cents before you end up with a whole bunch of carts chained together in the middle of a parking lot though.

A lot of supermarkets near me do this, but I never carry cash so I bought a trolley key off ebay and now I can leave my shopping cart unlocked as a little gift for the next person.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
"Oh no! It snowed a little in Denver this morning. Better go 5 miles an hour."

- A fucktard causing my blood pressure to spike, January 16, 2017

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Protocol7 posted:

"Oh no! It snowed a little in Portland this morning. Better go 5 miles an hour."

- Every fucktard on the road for the last five days

Fixed for my situation.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

SyHopeful posted:

Fixed for my situation.

That's actually fair, was running into the same sort of idiots last night when my car was reporting it was 40 degrees out and it was barely snowing. I was an rear end in a top hat started driving really aggressively since I was getting really sick of all of the slow idiots.

When I am passing you by going the speed limit and the roads are barely wet it's a problem. It's a little more justifiable this morning since we got something like 3-5 inches, but when it's warm and slightly damp, just go the loving speed limit.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 16, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Protocol7 posted:

These fucktards shouldn't be driving in the snow regardless, but did you check to see if it was like most fucktards and are driving around on bald rear end tires they're too poor/lazy to replace that shouldn't be going over 5mph in the snow anyway? This paranoid inconsiderate driving may have inadvertently saved your life.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

davebo posted:

These fucktards shouldn't be driving in the snow regardless, but did you check to see if it was like most fucktards and are driving around on bald rear end tires they're too poor/lazy to replace that shouldn't be going over 5mph in the snow anyway? This paranoid inconsiderate driving may have inadvertently saved your life.

You'd probably be right, but I'd argue that these are probably the same types of people who do horribly unsafe things when the road conditions are fine anyway. I'd also argue that the group of people who recognize that bald rear end tires are horribly unsafe and the group of people who let their tires get that worn is probably mutually exclusive. (With reasonable exceptions of course, I know what it's like to be too poor to afford tires at the time.)

Or, more succintly, I do not have enough faith in my fellow man to believe that they had just cause to go that slow.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 16, 2017

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

Protocol7 posted:

I had some sweet schadenfreude this morning in Boulder when my light changed green and a procession of four cars cruised through intersection at 5mph, and the red light camera flash was basically a strobe light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Protocol7 posted:

"Oh no! This snowplow is moving a little bit slower than my tractor-trailer! Better try to pass this poorly-maneuverable vehicle with my poorly-maneuverable vehicle while going around a curve on a snowy road!"

- This fucktard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHXkafQ5pAU