Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

She's gettin' fuuuuuuuuu...rniture delivered.

edit: the clown episode, holy poo poo this episode holy poo poo

Sully the Spectacular!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sully the Spectacular!

I said someone LIKE Sully!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Don't check out The OA

i'm a few episodes in, it's good so far

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm genuinely shocked by The Good Place season finale.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

False advertising if you ask me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

The season finale of The Good Place was absolutely loving mental in the best way imaginable. I mean there are no words.

MiddleOne posted:

same to both of these, forkin' shirt. If that show doesn't get a second season I'm gonna be really upset.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MiddleOne posted:

Anyone care to spoiler it? I'm so far behind in shows that while it's on the list, there's many more before it. I watched the first 3 episodes but got way behind.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Medullah posted:

Anyone care to spoiler it? I'm so far behind in shows that while it's on the list, there's many more before it. I watched the first 3 episodes but got way behind.

Just watch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Medullah posted:

You don't want this

Trust me

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Medullah posted:

They are in the Bad Place.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 21, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mu Zeta, that's a super obvious spoiler without even clicking on it.

You don't want it spoiled. Honestly, it loses all impact if you don't watch it, know the characters, and know the things that happened. You're just reading the last page of the book with no context.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fair enough. Is it streaming anywhere? That gets priority on the series I watch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Put some effort into that spoiler you gently caress.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 21, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hint: If you use a spoiler tag to spoil one word in a sentence and the rest of the sentence makes it pretty clear what that word is through context clues you're not using a spoiler tag right. This show just aired and people are talking about it and asking about it and some are probably not wanting to be spoiled. So let's not spoil it without using spoiler tags correctly.

Also if you actually do want spoilers, or want to talk without spoiler tags, there's a thread for it. How about from now on don't spoil or ask for spoilers on recently aired shows in this thread? Go to the thread of that show if you want to be spoiled.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 21, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Welp, guess that finale's ruined for me

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Medullah posted:

Fair enough. Is it streaming anywhere? That gets priority on the series I watch.
Yes, you can stream it right on NBC's website.

http://www.nbc.com/the-good-place/episodes

All of the episodes are "extended cuts"; according to the thread they're all 2-4 minutes longer than the broadcast versions.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

You don't want it spoiled. Honestly, it loses all impact if you don't watch it, know the characters, and know the things that happened. You're just reading the last page of the book with no context.

Alright, I had never heard of this show before today, now I guess I just won't bother?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Just wipe out Mu Zeta's post and all the quotes of it, The Good Place deserves better than to be spoiled before people have a chance to watch it.

Hakkesshu posted:

Alright, I had never heard of this show before today, now I guess I just won't bother?

If you read the spoiler, it's still a good and funny show that's worth watching. It's just that you'll be watching it in an entirely different context.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Not for nothing, but as a person that's never heard of the show before today, it wasn't the spoiler that spoiled things. It was all the not so subtle discussion before it which made the word play obvious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've only seen like 3 episodes but saw his obvious spoiler and it doesn't seem surprising at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If any of you wish to discuss The Good Place further, even if you've never watched it, here's the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790027

Let's not speak on it anymore in this thread for a while.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

lelandjs posted:

Animation takes awhile Morty, hoooo*burp*oow do you think it's made, do you think that you just magically snap your fingers and all of the frames of the carefully drawn and colored episode appear out of thin air? No, Morty, TV shows are animated by Korean children, children like *belch* you Morty, they're chained to desks and forced to draw every single movement we make until their fingers are numb.

*Rick gives Morty the finger.*

You see that, Morty? Four Korean kids just got arthritis so I could flip you off. Animation is hosed, Morty, and it takes forever.

[Edit: Real answer is that Dan Harmon is a lazy perfectionist]

I enjoyed this post and thank you for writing it.

Still salty about no Rick and Morty and their adventures. Rick and Morty time. Feels like I've been waiting forever and ever a hundred years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey everyone just a heads up since I'm way behind the times and I'm sure most of you knew this. The TVIV IRC is pretty much dead, but there's a Discord now. Which I am told is better and it's linked in the OP now. So if you want to chat about TV or whatever there go for it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rocksicles posted:

Put some effort into that spoiler you gently caress.

gently caress you

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
4/7

Career PB.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BSam posted:

i'm a few episodes in, it's good so far

I was really intrigued by it for a lot of it. I think the last couple episodes are badly executed and I'm not sure if you've seen the dancing stuff yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back to the Gaiman news, Starz has confirmed an April start date for American Gods.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sneaky Pete was loving fantastic from beginning to end. I really thought it was going to nicely wrapped up as a single season series but that last bit of set up already has me hooked for the next season. A+.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Sneaky Pete was loving fantastic from beginning to end. I really thought it was going to nicely wrapped up as a single season series but that last bit of set up already has me hooked for the next season. A+.

I was kind of shocked AV Club is only giving it mediocre reviews. It was good on so many levels. I even put up with watching it via Chrome to Chromecast since Amazon is a bag of dicks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

Back to the Gaiman news, Starz has confirmed an April start date for American Gods.

The timing on this is quite cheeky.

"We're all hosed anyway" should clearly be the thread title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like a bunch of the recommended shows are on HULU only. I do not current;y have HULK so I'm giving Goliath on Prime a shot.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Looks like a bunch of the recommended shows are on HULU only. I do not current;y have HULK so I'm giving Goliath on Prime a shot.

I wish there was a HULK streaming service. That would be the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I wish there was a HULK streaming service. That would be the best.

HULK WANT WATCH NIGHT COURT

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I enjoyed this post and thank you for writing it.

Still salty about no Rick and Morty and their adventures. Rick and Morty time. Feels like I've been waiting forever and ever a hundred years.

Just read the comics in the interim. They're up to 21 issues now so there's a lot for you to catch up on.

muscles like this! posted:

Plus, several sex tapes leaked of the actor who plays the lead.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mu Zeta posted:

Really? Now I guess I should watch it, the premise really didn't sound that interesting to me before.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a good show. Adam Scott plays a douche tech bro that works for a Satan-type figure.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I just binged all of Sneaky Pete over the last two days and recommended it to everybody I know. I loved Justified(which is another show I've tried to get people in to), so I'm pretty much on board with anything that Yost does.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guessing there's not enough interest to make a thread, but I really enjoyed the second season premiere of Baskets.

Gonna try out Sneaky Pete soon - glad to hear it fits into Yost's body of work well. Hopefully I'll get past Shore's pilot with minimal issues.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Escobarbarian posted:

Gonna try out Sneaky Pete soon - glad to hear it fits into Yost's body of work well. Hopefully I'll get past Shore's pilot with minimal issues.

I've seen both versions of the pilot; if it helps, Yost & Michael Dinner definitely added some scenes and slightly recalibrated others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a good show. Adam Scott plays a douche tech bro that works for a Satan-type figure.

Also, you will believe in the love story between an anthropomorphized computer and a dimwitted DJ from Jacksonville. :3:

• Locked thread