Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Mazreal posted:

Just binged through the whole show again over the past few days and man I just gotta say I love this show. Also it's kinda weird how different the first half of season 1 is to the rest of the show.

Finishing up a rewatch myself, and I agree. I do miss the monster of the week style of early gem missions, or simply protecting beach city from various dangers. The current flow isn't unwelcome, just different. Guess the bomb format really did a doozy on the show.

I really love the mystical appearance of ancient gem sites, and how a whirlpool can simply be sustained by 'magic'. It provides a stark contrast with advanced homeworld tech, but I guess that was the point.

I think we're halfway through season 4 now? last I heard they were renewed through to a 5th season, and can't help but be a little curious to how close things are coming to an end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe Magic is more common on the ancient Gem sites, but Homeworld has used up its supply of Magic so it has moved onto technology?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Maybe any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Homeworld done gone 40K on us I mean and Rose was gem Horus.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MariusLecter posted:

I think Homeworld is now a merger of magic and technology. The Crystal Gems are from an older era of melee weapons, magic, and classical architecture. Homeworld today makes heavy use of sci-fi technology, but they still have a lot of their magic from before (like summoning weapons from their gems). They've just started relying more on the shiny tech instead of what comes from their heart.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

New episode on February 16th? Is this confirmed? Couldn't be another bomb I imagine...
More weekly episodes if so??? So many questions!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I hope it shows the other characters who arent busy as well

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

LemonLimeTime posted:

New episode on February 16th? Is this confirmed? Couldn't be another bomb I imagine...

"The New Crystal Gems", AKA Lapis and Peridots totally radical adventure! Connie can come too

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

This is the source, BTW: http://acidjazzsingers.tumblr.com/post/156147485246/isnt-it-over-follow-me-for-more

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LemonLimeTime posted:

Last time I checked no, it's not officially confirmed yet. The site (can't remember the name, sorry) Wikipedia got the info from is usually pretty reliable. However, they've also made mistakes before (they predicted an episode called "The War" that was supposed to air after Gem Harvest).

So right now the chances of that episode actually existing is a solid "maybe?"

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I kinda hope that the episode is real, I'm pretty sure Sugar has mastered the art of making A/V crack and I need another hit. I have been resorting to reading fanfiction, and even considering writing some (that I know better than to inflict on humanity, because I'm a terrible writer).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is the site that the info orginally appeared on: http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe-the-new-crystal-gems/EP016164320992?aid=tvschedule

taiyoko posted:

I kinda hope that the episode is real, I'm pretty sure Sugar has mastered the art of making A/V crack and I need another hit. I have been resorting to reading fanfiction, and even considering writing some (that I know better than to inflict on humanity, because I'm a terrible writer).

Yeah, real or not I still hope we get new episodes in February.

Also: do it man. Write that fanfic. It could end up being the next 50 Shades of Grey, and by that I mean it would make the world would be a worse place but you'd be rich so who cares.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MariusLecter posted:

Bismuth is more the Let the Galaxy Burn types. Rose seems more down the Slaanesh path.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

twistedmentat posted:

Bismuth is more the Let the Galaxy Burn types. Rose seems more down the Slaanesh path.

Obsessed with and capable of creating life? Oh come on, Rose is clearly a Herald of Nurgle.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Buckets posted:

"The New Crystal Gems", AKA Lapis and Peridots totally radical adventure! Connie can come too

I like (hate) how there are already people in tumblr complaining about how labeling Lapis a Crystal Gem is terrible for her development and why does no one care about her trauma and :byodame:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
As much as I like tumblr for awesome art it's best to ignore half the crap that falls out of their mouths.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Obsessed with and capable of creating life? Oh come on, Rose is clearly a Herald of Nurgle.

I dunno, she was all about pleasure and love.

Though Amethyst feels like she'd be Tzeentch.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gmq posted:

I like (hate) how there are already people in tumblr complaining about how labeling Lapis a Crystal Gem is terrible for her development and why does no one care about her trauma and :byodame:

Maybe they'd be happier if one of the Crystal Gems in the upcoming episode ends up being Jasper :allears:

Can we label Centipeetle as a Crystal Gem? Her trauma is way less than what Lapis went through if you think about it (because no character will ever have that amount of trauma) and considering her time spent with Steven and the general uptick in her situation making her a Crystal Gem would be a great next step for her if she ever gets cured of her corruption.

Probably a bad idea, but the tumblr people are less likely to complain about it at least :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

gmq posted:

I dunno, I think I gotta side with Tumblr on this one: I'm pretty sure Lapis doesn't consider herself a Crystal Gem. She still doesn't really like living on earth, and even if she did I'm not sure she'd want to join up with the terrorist organization that kept her held hostage for 6,000 years.

RZApublican posted:

Can we label Centipeetle as a Crystal Gem? Her trauma is way less than what Lapis went through if you think about it (because no character will ever have that amount of trauma) and considering her time spent with Steven and the general uptick in her situation making her a Crystal Gem would be a great next step for her if she ever gets cured of her corruption.

I wouldn't call what Centipeetle went through "way less trauma", she literally had her mind torn apart as she was turned into a giant bug. Franz Kafka wrote a whole novella about how hosed up it is to undergo that kind of body horror.

Of course, I'm not saying being trapped in a mirror for 6,000 years is any better than being trapped as an insane bug for 6,000 years. They're both pretty awful.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that goes without saying.

And I bet Peridot would be fielding Necrons like I would :3:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I dunno, I think I gotta side with Tumblr on this one: I'm pretty sure Lapis doesn't consider herself a Crystal Gem. She still doesn't really like living on earth, and even if she did I'm not sure she'd want to join up with the terrorist organization that kept her held hostage for 6,000 years.

But they are complaining about the plot of an episode that hasn't even aired yet because they think that maybe Lapis will be labeled a Crystal Gem in the episode. They are creating problems out of thin air just to say "Ugh, that's going to suck".

RZApublican posted:

Maybe they'd be happier if one of the Crystal Gems in the upcoming episode ends up being Jasper :allears:

I read someone saying that she hated the idea of Lapis becoming a Crystal Gem before Jasper does. So... maybe you'd be right.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spiffster posted:

Oh that goes without saying.

And I bet Peridot would be fielding Necrons like I would :3:

Pearl would clearly play Ultramarines, as do I.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

RZApublican posted:

Can we label Centipeetle as a Crystal Gem?
Might wanna work on the de-monsterization phase of that plan first, tho :v:

Speaking of, anyone think that whatever interaction the gang have with the Diamonds in this next arc is going to lead into finding a permanent cure for corruption? I'm imagining a scenario where they end up blasting Steven with the corruption song, but because he's a hybrid he can resist it enough to figure out how to undo it.

The main snag seems to be that corruption seems to attack the mind. When Jasper got corrupted, it spread faster and faster the more she freaked out. In terms of emotional strength, Steven's come a long way from his Season 1 dumb baby self, but would it be enough to resist corruption?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

twistedmentat posted:

Amethyst? The one who eats food, even if she doesn't have to, for the pure sensation of it? If that ain't Slaanesh, I don't know what is. :colbert:

My picks:

Rose: Nurgle
Amethyst: Slaanesh
Pearl: Khorn
Garnet: Tzeentch

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Whose Malal/Malice?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

RandomPauI posted:

Whose Malal/Malice?

Bismuth :unsmigghh:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Sash! posted:

I'm telling you, she's not Peridot. She's secretly Green Diamond.

THATS NOT GEOLOGICALLY POSSIBLE YOU FUCKER!!!!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Motherfucker posted:

THATS NOT GEOLOGICALLY POSSIBLE YOU FUCKER!!!!

Irradiated diamonds can turn green. There's naturally occurring ones even.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sash! posted:

Irradiated diamonds can turn green. There's naturally occurring ones even.

Thats bullshit, I demand evidence but cannot operate a google myself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Motherfucker posted:

Thats bullshit, I demand evidence but cannot operate a google myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden_Green_Diamond

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Huh, interesting.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Holy poo poo, Percy really could have bought back Blackadder's house!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oiadn4oNjo1u53bif_480.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gem placement is important.

http://drawendo.tumblr.com/post/156252697896/flying-lapis-lazuli-request

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just watched next week's Bomb. Nice return to form after the boredom of the last couple 2016 eps.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
While the gems would be similar to Chaos in that they rebelled (and tore Gem society apart in doing so), they aren't particularly chaos-y.

If anything, Amethyst is a scrunt.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

http://drawendo.tumblr.com/post/156198758531/imagine-her-flying

Linked for rock booby. Lapis was lucky with her gem placement. Could have been worse

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Just watched next week's Bomb. Nice return to form after the boredom of the last couple 2016 eps.

Wait what? New bomb?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yep! Although it leaked about two and a half weeks ago so I just assumed the thread had discussed them to death already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Infinitum posted:

Wait what? New bomb?

There's a bomb next week. It's been leaked so half this thread has seen it already :)