Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Inwas trying to think what game had a Pizza Party ending and that game was Spider-man PS1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Funky Valentine posted:

"Nah, steal the apple. It'll fetch a pretty goddamn penny when I wire it to Satan."

You know I thought for a sec that he might be the serpent.
But I think sully predates that by a good long while.

The universe has been formed
Tiny clumps of space dust begin to display one of the universes basic and most common force, Gravity.
In this, the primordial vaccuum of rapidly expanding space, someone complains that dust got into their eye.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Tiny clumps of space dust begin to display one of the universes basic and most common force, Gravity.
In this, the primordial vaccuum of rapidly expanding space, someone complains that dust got into their eye.

"Christ, this place is dark. Let there be a bit of light, yeah? Aw hell, what did I just do?""

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If not for the fact that he has both eyes I'd say Sully was Odin.

Da_Higg
Oct 15, 2012

White Coke posted:

If not for the fact that he has both eyes I'd say Sully was Odin.

He just wore a patch over one of his good eyes. He sometimes forgot to put it over the same eye each day, but the Norse gods felt to bad to mention

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

1stGear posted:

"Christ, this place is dark. Let there be a bit of light, yeah? Aw hell, what did I just do?""

When Sully said "let there be light" he was only wanting to light up his cigar.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

:golfclap:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"Never trust Greeks kid."

-Sullly to Darius I of Persia.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Inwas trying to think what game had a Pizza Party ending and that game was Spider-man PS1

This game ends with Nate rushing into Avery's secret treasure vault to rescue sam and he opens up the door and then "SURPRISE" the whole adventure has been an elaborate set up for a surprise party for his 40th birthday.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

You really don't wanna know why they call it "The Big Bang"

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I know Deus Ex Invisible War had a Dance Party, and Black Ops 2 ended with Avenged Sevenfold playing. Can't recall Pizza Parties, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm in charge of setting up the Uncharted party.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for Naughty Dog's new board game/minigame release, Unpartied.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

paragon1 posted:

"Never trust Greeks kid."

-Sullly to Darius I of Persia.

"Especially bearing gifts, sheesh!"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Apww4j0X74

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It wasn't actually "let there be light" as much as it was "where'd that goddamn lighter get to? Ah, there it is."

Also i'm seeing a lot of Sully jokes but ya'll seem to forget that his name is Victor 'Goddamn!' Sullivan and i'm not seeing nearly enough goddamn.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Given the nature of their treasure-hunting and protagonist aura, I think that would be less likely to result in a death battle than it would a team-up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SpookyLizard posted:

It wasn't actually "let there be light" as much as it was "where'd that goddamn lighter get to? Ah, there it is."

Also i'm seeing a lot of Sully jokes but ya'll seem to forget that his name is Victor 'Goddamn!' Sullivan and i'm not seeing nearly enough goddamn.

Why would God drat himself?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It starts as a death battle but turns into a escape the level situation like in Crash Bandicoot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

It starts as a death battle but turns into a escape the level situation like in Crash Bandicoot.

And ends with them in a bar trading stories.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

White Coke posted:

Why would God drat himself?

Ever have those moments where you feel like such an idiot over a simple thing?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Ever have those moments where you feel like such an idiot over a simple thing?

He's so relatable, Sully is.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I want that pirate snow globe very badly.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
All this travel is fun but waaaay too difficult. I want simulacra of interesting places put all together.

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Episode 18: EPCOT
Alaina continues her Disney Parks series with an episode on Walt Disney World Resort's second gate: Epcot. Walt Disney's original idea for all that Florida land was a planned city so unique that the world would come to see how his people lived and worked. After his death, some of those ideas, and the name, were recycled to be a theme park that serves as a permanent World's Fair. Is high modernism the path to despotism? Even so, could it have worked? How can you hit a forever-moving target: the future? Who needs rides when you can visit 11 themed gift shops and drink?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well my knowledge of Epcot ends at "it's the place with the giant golf ball, right?" so I'll be hitting this up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This episode is my loving jam. I live just 45 minutes north of Walt Disney World so I've been attending the parks regularly since the mid-90s.

One thing that catches people off guard is the sheer size of WDW. It's 43 square miles of mostly undeveloped forest, providing tons of room for expansion and infrastructure. Disney has a deal with the state government to handle all aspects of business on Disney property outside of things they absolutely can't do, like actual armed police and elevator inspections. Otherwise Disney has the full infrastructure of a town in place, from sewage to firefighting and paramedics. In theory, you could live your whole life on Walt Disney World property and get roughly the same experience as you would living in a normal small town with all the necessary amenities for survival.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Apep727 posted:

Okay, I'm going to get a bit personal here:

I'm an aspiring writer. I want to write fiction, and get paid for it. I want to see stuff with my name on it in book stores and libraries. I like writing, and like to think that I'm pretty good at it.

So when you jokingly compared my narrative sensibilities to George Lucas's (and I think we all know which of his movies you're referencing) I got offended. You might have meant that as a joke, but it's not funny to me. You're not just making fun of my opinion, you're making fun of a core part of who I am.

But hey, you got a chuckle out this, and that's all that really matters, right?

Screw you, you goddamn troll.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You should come over to the thunderdome thread in cc, apep727, it's a caring yet supportive environment for aspiring writers like yourself

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Any ETA on the next episode, btw?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Sorry! I've been holding up the final stretch and I take full responsibility for this break. Everything but the final video has commentary recorded though and is just waiting for that audio to be edited. Speaking of, Chip's told me that the last 4 Chipod Ironicasts will be coming soon, posted back-to-back.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

You monster my free time

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I agree. Your free time is a monster.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/823237599519211524

:stare: What is this, MGS4?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Gonna be honest here: I think it would be totally hilarious.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eh, if I remember my play through of U4 correctly, the back half of the game is kinda nonstop with the action.

Could be more to it than that, but I'm kinda not surprised.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Drake? DRAKE? DRAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Whew! Glad to hear the last episode is done. I was afraid the prior episode would be The Last of Them.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Samizdata posted:

Whew! Glad to hear the last episode is done. I was afraid the prior episode would be The Last of Them.

No. Bad.
Not again.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

No. Bad.
Not again.

Look. This game is a sequel. My joke was a sequel. LastJoke IV: A LastJoker's End.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 22, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The final video is big enough that I had to bring on another commentator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

General Ironicus posted:

The final video is big enough that I had to bring on another commentator

looking forward to the final story pupdate