Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

music for Hitman: Codename 47 is really good and i hope they incorporate it into the new hitman at some point

poptart_fairy posted:

So hey, watching the E3 trailer again, who's the guy in sunglasses making snuff photography of that woman in a yellow bikini? I can figure out who everyone else is meant to be in the game but I draw a blank with that dude. Was looking forward to throttling him.

one of the catwalk girls at 1:16 has 47's blue eyes so it was probably possible at one point to disguise as a model

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Samopsa posted:

He's not in the game! Maybe he was cut, maybe changed out for someone else (Jordan Cross? also has a murdered-a-girl thing going on), maybe someone who will show up in season 2...

This is more than likely the case. The most logical theory going around is that at around the time this trailer was put together, only the first three scenarios of the game (Paris, Sapienza, Marrekesh) were set in stone, and the fourth was still in earlier conceptual stages. Remember that the original timeline for the game's release was to have the first three locations out simultaneously at launch, and then the last three some months later, so what would eventually become Bangkok was a lot further away from being finished.

There are definitely elements of Jordan Cross in that trailer, and when you see what became of Colorado and Hokkaido, the scenario in Bangkok is the only other one that fits what they were going for in the trailer.

But more importantly than that: Where is our hamburger disguise?!?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

question on Colorado. In the basement there is a door with what appears to be a retinal scanner, whose eyesight is able to get through the door? If that door/gizmo is opened some other way, how?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

double nine posted:

question on Colorado. In the basement there is a door with what appears to be a retinal scanner, whose eyesight is able to get through the door? If that door/gizmo is opened some other way, how?

You only really have two options. You either drag Rose down there and open the door with him, or you get the 3D-printed Rose-mask from the second floor of the house.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tippis posted:

You only really have two options. You either drag Rose down there and open the door with him, or you get the 3D-printed Rose-mask from the second floor of the house.

huh. I have that second one and yet no interactible shows up. Do I need to kill the target(s) first?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

double nine posted:

huh. I have that second one and yet no interactible shows up. Do I need to kill the target(s) first?

Yes. It's an exit and as such it won't activate until you're done.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've never tried dragging an unconscious Rose there with all other targets down. I wonder if 47 will scan him then snap his neck.

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug
Messing around in Hokkaido (Ninja-only kill everyone run) and I finally got around to turning the Curator's meds down instead of up with the remote control and watching what he does. Highly recommended.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What's the proper order for messing with the KAI mainframe?

e: 2143

Bogart fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 23, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bogart posted:

What's the proper order for messing with the KAI mainframe?

It's randomized with every attempt.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yeah just watch the order of tones when it reboots and it will indicate how to power it down

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've been doing a bunch of Paris escalations to prep for the elusive target. Most have been fun, but gently caress any of them that have landmines or tripwires.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

There's an escalation where the disarming device is on victor. Novacov. Good luck SA'ing that one.

Aug 24, 2011

Kolnikov posted:

Messing around in Hokkaido (Ninja-only kill everyone run) and I finally got around to turning the Curator's meds down instead of up with the remote control and watching what he does. Highly recommended.

when he reaches the end of his route, turn them back up, then finish the level

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've been doing a bunch of Paris escalations to prep for the elusive target. Most have been fun, but gently caress any of them that have landmines or tripwires.

The landmines actually aren't that bad - once you realize a few things:
They show up in instinct!
They are only in one area!
They have a pretty limited range if you're walking!

After I figured those out it only took like two tries to pass through the final escalation levels with mines.

Tripwires can gently caress right off, though, being goddamn invisible no matter what and every drat place. I worked through the escalations with them, though, all without getting the disarming device. Even though I facepalmed several times after running into lasers I should have remembered were there.

Overall, the escalations on Paris are pretty forgiving. Its a dense, but small map so starting over never felt like too much of a time sink.

Unlike Sapienza. gently caress you, Dr. Osctard, for walking into an already occupied bathroom to vomit!

Aug 24, 2011

LeJackal posted:

Unlike Sapienza. gently caress you, Dr. Osctard, for walking into an already occupied bathroom to vomit!

"hmm im already in this one-person bathroom and a guy just walked in to vomit in the toilet. thats cool.

woah hey freaky bald guy, this stall is occupied. there is a person in here already. why don't you go somewhere else?"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nobody in the Hitman universe understands bathroom etiquette

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

StashAugustine posted:

Nobody in the Hitman universe understands bathroom etiquette

The dude showering in Bangkok still has his underwear on.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lobok posted:

Also in the staff quarters in Hokkaido. Worse yet, Yuki Yamazaki goes into the sauna in her street clothes.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Lobok posted:

He's a never nude

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Cease to Hope posted:

Also in the staff quarters in Hokkaido. Worse yet, Yuki Yamazaki goes into the sauna in her street clothes.

The sauna, I found out, can kill anyone so don't use it to stash unconscious people.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

The sauna, I found out, can kill anyone so don't use it to stash unconscious people.

nobody patrols into the utility room right next to it anyway

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Cease to Hope posted:

The guy pooping has his pants on.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh god, that Japanese mission. Did I just have a guy's internal organs liquefied and sucked out? :stonk:

Samopsa posted:

He's not in the game! Maybe he was cut, maybe changed out for someone else (Jordan Cross? also has a murdered-a-girl thing going on), maybe someone who will show up in season 2...

That makes sense. I can see elements of him in Jordan now you point it out. :downs:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh god, that Japanese mission. Did I just have a guy's internal organs liquefied and sucked out? :stonk:

No, no, no. Nothing that nasty at all. You just stabbed him in the everything, and sucked his blood out. And then murdered him for real.

Aug 24, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

for the namaste challenge the npc panic effect means they won't actually leave the sauna and they will die

counts as accident too right? SASO elusive targets here i come

Oceanbound posted:

The guy pooping has his pants on.

ahahahahahaha

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

where the red fern gropes posted:

for the namaste challenge the npc panic effect means they won't actually leave the sauna and they will die

counts as accident too right? SASO elusive targets here i come

I don't know. Getting into an overheated sauna with all your clothes on is less an accident and more too dumb to live. :D

IOI really should add “Darwin award” as a death category for Season 2…

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tippis posted:

No, no, no. Nothing that nasty at all. You just stabbed him in the everything, and sucked his blood out. And then murdered him for real.

Diana's completely flabbergasted reaction mirrored my own then. Was almost as bad as putting a dude through a woodchipper.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

poptart_fairy posted:

Diana's completely flabbergasted reaction mirrored my own then. Was almost as bad as putting a dude through a woodchipper.

"47, stop. Those are innocent people. You already killed the targets so...oh God. Put that axe down!"

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Just for funsies I fed everyone in Colorado to the hay bailer. If there's a machine, 47 will feed people into it.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

And Tyler Too! posted:

Just for funsies I fed everyone in Colorado to the hay bailer. If there's a machine, 47 will feed people into it.

Isn't that one of the challenges on that map?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

And Tyler Too! posted:

Authorities show up to the scene after noticing satellite images of the huge pile of knocked out bodies that agent 47 stacked up next to the hay baler.

Upon closer inspection, 47 was seen wearing Rose's face like a mask and mumbling about "the perfect disguise" with a voice in his head named Diana.

Season 2 starts with 47 in a padded cell of an insane asylum.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Authorities show up to the scene after noticing satellite images of the huge pile of knocked out bodies that agent 47 stacked up next to the hay baler.

Upon closer inspection, 47 was seen wearing Rose's face like a mask and mumbling about "the perfect disguise" with a voice in his head named Diana.

Season 2 starts with 47 in a padded cell of an insane asylum.

But they left him with a coin...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

poptart_fairy posted:

Her reaction is funny because it's the same one for almost every assassination method with Soders. The first time I heard it I just shot Soders in the head and alerted everyone in the operating theater. Hearing her say flatly, "...well, I'm not sure what to think about this one" made me laugh.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Her reaction is funny because it's the same one for almost every assassination method with Soders. The first time I heard it I just shot Soders in the head and alerted everyone in the operating theater. Hearing her say flatly, "...well, I'm not sure what to think about this one" made me laugh.

It also applies for the easter egg method that drops about ten exploding ducks into the operating theater, which makes that line into the understatement of the year.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do they say how Diana is able to see & hear everything 47 does?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hobo Clown posted:

Do they say how Diana is able to see & hear everything 47 does?
47 is just imagining her voice when he's on a mission.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
He's got a contact lens camera and ocular implant feeding Diana's info into is ear.

also someone on Ps4 let's trade contracts so I can get this stupid Top Of The Class trophy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

It also applies for the easter egg method that drops about ten exploding ducks into the operating theater, which makes that line into the understatement of the year.

Needtoknowmore.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

LeJackal posted:

Needtoknowmore.gif

Had to just look this one up myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucmttcabPks