Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Brofessor Slayton posted:

So will Advanced Camera Logic mean cameras can alert guards instead of just docking your score if you don't disable them?

Like the image says "Security cameras can spot illegal activity and guards will be dispatched to investigate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Not that you should move within camera view anyway. I wonder if loss of camera feed will be perceived as suspicious.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

security cameras - guards investigating, makes sense, but cameras dont see that much tbh. should be in base difficulty
areas tweaked and altered - ehhhh, would have to see it in action
leaderboards - whatever
unique rewards - hell yeah
guards more thorough when searching - they don't do poo poo right now, this should be in the base difficulty
professional challenges/mastery - ok? show me in action
suspicious/illegal according to disguise - you know i would like a distinction between suspicious and illegal, like a gun is illegal but a hammer it's like uhh dude? don't wave that around in public? or a guard like hey we have assault rifles, that's a custom shotgun with a silencer, we don't issue those, who are you?
increased cameras - seems like it could be fun but right now security cameras are just annoying. if i'm disguised and i walk past a camera that shouldn't even count as being seen for "no recordings", if i'm trespassing guards should be dispatched, if i commit a crime the alarm should sound
one manual/no autosaves - so.... escalation mode but with a save?
clean kills for disguise - err, i don't generally kill people to take their disguises unless i'm achievement hunting and/or don't care about SA rating. i usually choke out for disguising
increased guard search radius - if they were smart about searching at all this should really be in the base game
NPCs more perceptive to footsteps - if they glance over at RUNNING NOISES that's cool, but i don't want hitman 2-esque bullshit where running = THAT SPY'S NOT ONE OF US. plus just because you hear running footsteps doesn't mean you have to investigate it, nor does it mean the guy running isn't on your side
increased guard alertness - hope so. they're guards, they should guard.
fewer disguise pickups - this is stupid though. it's a hitman game. disguises are the defining thing. dress up as your target's bodyguard or as a hospital surgeon or a hotdog or whatever. blood money clown disguise, bring it back
slower health regeneration - if i'm getting shot i either die or i get away

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
The running footsteps thing will be interesting. Running around outside in Sapienza shouldn't alert anyone though.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The footstep thing could actually make some things easier if you no longer have to rely on horrible coin physics to trick some guy around a corner…

My main question right now is what the improved search AI will actually… well… search. Will they have the great idea of looking inside crates and closets if they see you run into a room that then looks empty? Will they peek over railings more thoroughly? Will they search more thoroughly depending on alert level?

The rest mainly seems like reducing the number of tricks you can get away with with no real effort — every individual trick still works, but you can't prepare for everything any more, and have to deal with a couple of additional complications in each case.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
They might be more thorough investigating accidents, although I usually hang around accident scenes just because it's funny to watch the AI freak out, not because I have to.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pro difficulty with limited saves and unlocks is very similar to something that came up in our discussion of alternatives to repeating ET's, and it sounds pretty exciting. Once again, this will hugely increase the replay-ability of an already massive game that they continue to support in other ways.

I've had a few times that things have happened that would have sent MGS guards into a search or alert, but Hitman guards/civilians were completely oblivious. Committing a crime on a camera is one thing that I tested early on. Presumably improved AI will also mean that people will notice when there is a blood stain in a room where a living person once stood.

Super excited to start loving around with this on the 31st.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This sounds like Ground Zeroes hard difficulty and will be awesome as gently caress.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Did cameras in Blood Money detect bodies/crimes/misbehaviour, or am I mixing it up with another game?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I sometimes wish that there was an option in the menu to turn on the PIP scenes of accident kills and important level events like blood money. It was also pretty nice to be spotted by a camera and actually see the footage of your bald head sneaking around a corner.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I wonder how Professional will interact with ETs? If you can get better rewards for completing ETs on Professional then it might be best to leave Friday's until next week.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think they confirmed that ETs will be on normal difficulty.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

NRVNQSR posted:

I wonder how Professional will interact with ETs? If you can get better rewards for completing ETs on Professional then it might be best to leave Friday's until next week.

All live content (including ETs) will be Normal Mode only.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Specifically they said elusive targets and escalations are normal only, I'd assume people could create professional difficulty contracts though.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm really hoping the attaché case is a Professional mastery unlock. I love that this episodic release worked out well since IOI is so attentive to their fanbase.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yeah I wonder what the suspicious Item changes mean. It would make sense to change it so that guards in Paris think its weird when a guy who is basically a rent-a-cop is running around with a high powered sniper rifle.

edit: It would be funny to have a Season 2 level set in London, where a regular police officer having a gun at all would be considered weird.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 25, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Chexoid posted:

Yeah I wonder what the suspicious Item changes mean. It would make sense to change it so that guards in Paris think its weird when a guy who is basically a rent-a-cop is running around with a high powered sniper rifle.

edit: It would be funny to have a Season 2 level set in London, where a regular police officer having a gun at all would be considered weird.
Next level takes place at a gun show in the US, with Sticky Gun enforced.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Chexoid posted:

That's a good point. It does seem out of place when only one dude in an outfit is running around with military hardware. It would be nice if they would back down some of the overreactions, such as arresting a dude for picking up a fire poker, but this increased difficulty mode probably isn't the update to expect that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jack Trades posted:

All of that looks amazing! Having some proper challenge to complete story missions will be great.

Guys, shut up. Look at that. Two Silverballers on that icon...

I want to Believe.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I've been doing some half-decent suit only runs but I told myself I wouldn't get dragged into the whole speedrunning side of things. Then my kid beat my time on Sapienza (just the time mind, not the score) and I spent about six hours figuring out a bold new route to SASO in under 3 minutes. :v:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
A bald new route, shurely?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Atoramos posted:

I'm trying to make due without full waypoints turned on for Opportunities, but there's times I have no idea where the breadcrumb I should be finding is. Example: in Sapienza, I have no idea how I would get a target under the church bell, near the wishing well, where the detective and psychologist are (also two gators but I assume that's down to searching). I've completed most other challenges, and have 20/20 mastery, but still plan to try these. Without too heavy of a spoiler, is there anything dumb I'm missing, or is it just a case of having to listen to conversations better and making my way through NPCs until I determine which one is the detective and which is the psych? Most of the Opportunities in Paris (and it looks like Morocco too) are fairly well laid out.

the church bell and wishing well can be done during the scarlatti covenant and lyndon gyration escalations, respectively.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

THE EZEKIEL PARADOX trip report - paris escalation

level 1, kill a guy, just start tech crew and kill him then leave
level 2, same but there's "more cameras" (there aren't)
level 3, gotta kill one more guy, so do that
level 4, some guards can see through your disguise, i don't care about SA rating here though so no diff
level 5, no pacifications. lol wasn't doing that anyway

Some of these escalations are piss easy. I just did one in France that went as follows.

Step 1: Kill a bodyguard on the 2nd floor with a handgun, any disguise.
Step 2: Sticky Pistol
Step 3: Kill an auctioneer on the 2nd floor with anything, any disguise.
Step 4: After killing your first target, you must kill your second target within 30 seconds, or kill 1 random NPC to reset the clock until you kill the second target.
Step 5: Wild card: The bodyguard must be killed by a falling object, the auctioneer with an explosive.

Free mastery!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Next level takes place at a gun show in the US, with Sticky Gun enforced.
So it'd be the equivalent of the Helmut Kruger outfit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The level(s) in Absolution where you could just walk around with your guns out and nobody would care, and some would even compliment them, were pretty cool.

edit: Also the bar level where you can sneak in by starting a bar fight because gently caress it why not.

Aug 24, 2011

And Tyler Too! posted:

Some of these escalations are piss easy. I just did one in France that went as follows.

Step 1: Kill a bodyguard on the 2nd floor with a handgun, any disguise.
Step 2: Sticky Pistol
Step 3: Kill an auctioneer on the 2nd floor with anything, any disguise.
Step 4: After killing your first target, you must kill your second target within 30 seconds, or kill 1 random NPC to reset the clock until you kill the second target.

Step 5: Wild card: The bodyguard must be killed by a falling object, the auctioneer with an explosive.

Free mastery!

wow didnt know you could do that. this one is ADRIAN ECLIPSE it is very easy, you start tech crew, grab the fire extinguisher, run into the room to the left of your target and throw the extinguisher in the corner, pick it up then throw to knock the guy out

drag his body away from the door a bit so second guy doesn't see it, then lure second guy the same way (throw extinguisher other way so he doesn't see body)

knock out the other guy in this room so he doesn't see any bodies (shut the doors first)

drag bodyguard underneath the chandelier, put the extinguisher next to the auctioneer, shoot the extinguisher and the chandelier chain, then exit the level via the basement kitchen

if you avoided the cameras in the tech starting area, that is silent assassin rating

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I really wish they'd add NPC's reacting to massive puddles of blood and suit retrieval to professional mode.

Aug 24, 2011

frenton posted:

I really wish they'd add NPC's reacting to massive puddles of blood and suit retrieval to professional mode.

what about starting areas that don't have your suit

maybe there should be a guy walking around who's wearing it and you have to retrieve your suit from him

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

what about starting areas that don't have your suit

maybe there should be a guy walking around who's wearing it and you have to retrieve your suit from him

Make the default starting area the only option on professional mode too.

Aug 24, 2011

frenton posted:

Make the default starting area the only option on professional mode too.

coin and fibrewire only! and silverballers of course

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!

coin and fibrewire only! and silverballers of course

No items, final destination only.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Some of these levels certainly do look like a Final Destination movie after I leave them!

Aug 24, 2011

THE MALLORY MISFORTUNE trip report - colorado escalation

holy poo poo, this one is rough

level 1 is easy, guy is standing next to some propane, begin at demo range and just shoot it
level 2... eurgh. you have to lure some unrelated guy over to a fire barrel and then light him up. it takes a while because of all the other guys around him
level 3 the propane tank is gone, and there's a guy following you - if you can blow up the first target and knock out/kill the stalker, it's the same as level 2
level 4 is loving awful because you can't knock out or kill the stalker
level 5 is some serious bullshit. it is also less bullshit than level 4. instead of killing the two targets with explosions and burning, you have to dress up as the scarecrow, kill one guy with an SMG, and the other guy with the old axe

this took a really long time and i don't like how some "escalations" actually just completely change what you're supposed to do. it specifies explosion or hay bale for first guy, and burning or car crush for second - but then that changes to axe and smg? that should be a different escalation then.

gently caress the stalker too. managed to glitch his AI and make him go back to his starting position by going in and out of the side door in the lost property shed (where they take weapons - there's a generator in here too)

i used the TAC-SMG Covert for this. apparently you get it for 10 escalations, but i have not done 10 escalations and i have it anyway. bug??

e: i just check it says i have done 10 sorry

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Turns out 47 has mysterious abilities. :ghost:

Nice one Nightcrawler.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Asking a question even though I'm afraid of the answer. To do a SASO run in Hokkaido I'm going to have to use the outsides of the buildings pretty much all the time, right? If doors need disguises to open and I can't use disguises then I can't take the direct route anywhere.

Also, I thought killing Soders was going to be like the basement exit in Colorado, but lol at all the different ways you can kill him.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Lobok posted:

Asking a question even though I'm afraid of the answer. To do a SASO run in Hokkaido I'm going to have to use the outsides of the buildings pretty much all the time, right? If doors need disguises to open and I can't use disguises then I can't take the direct route anywhere.

You can still use indoor areas to get around unseen while trespassing - there are a few paths that are pretty safe - but you usually have to make use of the outside a bit too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lobok posted:

Also, I thought killing Soders was going to be like the basement exit in Colorado, but lol at all the different ways you can kill him.

grabbing the RFID chip in the morgue makes the SASO/ninja runs much easier. only 1-2 disposible scramblers required to get to it from any start location.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blasmeister posted:

grabbing the RFID chip in the morgue

Ahh, now we're talking. I probably won't start my SASO run until I get a better feel for the place. Glad I've been holding off so that I could find out things like that!

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Blasmeister posted:

grabbing the RFID chip in the morgue

The one you get from Agent Smith? I thought you had to get the director's outfit for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

nexus6 posted:

The one you get from Agent Smith? I thought you had to get the director's outfit for that.
You can just scramble the freezer door.