Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Has there been an office location in any of the previous games? One or two floors around the upper third of an office building where there could conceivably be VIP's, but low enough that it's not just executive offices seems like a good setting.

There's the one with the Heaven and Hell party going in Blood Money.

See, that's what they need. Regular spaces but crazy poo poo going on in them. That's the best kind of Hitman level IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Has there been an office location in any of the previous games? One or two floors around the upper third of an office building where there could conceivably be VIP's, but low enough that it's not just executive offices seems like a good setting.

An interim location in Silent Assassin's Thailand levels was an office area. It was terribad, one of the worse locations in the game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Tippis posted:

All this shows is that they really need to bring the newspaper front pages back.

I'd love for IOI to bring them back but as random tweets from NPCs

quote:

@KonnyAngstrom - My client @ClausStrandberg has kept me waiting in the embassy for hours! Guess that's how he treats the #99percent

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

"Good morning, Agent. Your target today is John Johnson, CEO of Fire Safety Industries. He is absolutely a known human trafficker, smuggler of gold bullion and embezzler, and is definitely a bad person in most other aspects of life. I hear he doesn't brush his teeth. This is likely the most important mission you've ever been sent on- and is certainly not a ploy to topple the fire extinguisher industry so that their manufacture ceases in order to force more creative assassinations -so do take care. He is currently in a meeting in his office on the third floor. Good luck."

But... throwing them is more fun than anything. That sound when they impact skulls is SO satisfying.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

And Tyler Too! posted:

This guy got too close to the toilet and drowned himself while puking!
A neat, small, disgusting detail I discovered the other day: If you emetic poison someone's food and they go throw up (and assuming you're just subduing them and not drowning) there will be little chunks of barf floating in the toilet bowl!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lobok posted:

I thought the inspector came by just last week. I talked to him, even. The bald dude.

lol

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'd love for IOI to bring them back but as random tweets from NPCs

This is a really really good idea. Just a twitter feed of various happenings going on in a level.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Give Agent 47 a phone so he can check tweets for #TheSanguineShow and check out the sweet photos random people are tweeting of him from when he walks the catwalk.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The consulate is pretty close to an office environment, I'd say.

Aug 24, 2011

challenge to photobomb 10 times without being spotted

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

where the red fern gropes posted:

challenge to photobomb 10 times without being spotted

While wearing the santa suit.

Aug 24, 2011

shot this guy in the head and stole his clothes in plain view

not only did nobody see me do it, but... nobody sees the corpse, either. feature, of characters sitting on a bench?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Sometimes the NPCs are just dumb. I KO'd a guy in the attic in Paris and one of his buddies pretty much trampled him after the fact. He couldn't locate his friend who is covered in his very footprints, and gave the all clear before I walloped him with a wrench.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The dopey non-entity crowd people are the funniest. They will just stand there and gawk at literally anything you do in front of them, it can be very funny. :allears:

Aug 24, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The dopey non-entity crowd people are the funniest. They will just stand there and gawk at literally anything you do in front of them, it can be very funny. :allears:

the people in THE ICON are all unique individuals so when i turned off the stage lights about 15 people (none of whom were part of the crew) were like "HEY DUDE. YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO DO THAT. I'M AN EXPERT IN FILM AND YOU'RE DOING THE WRONG THING." really stupid

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
re: embassy

what was the reason anyway for all the chaos in the back, why is there all that paper strewn around? at first I thought someone was shreddering compromising evidence, but that doesn't check out

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

re: embassy

what was the reason anyway for all the chaos in the back, why is there all that paper strewn around? at first I thought someone was shreddering compromising evidence, but that doesn't check out

They're worried about being overrun by a mob, seems a good enough reason to shred confidential stuff to me? They're not Denmark, but even Sweden probably has some secrets.

Aug 24, 2011

they have to print the information off the computer so they can shred it

Aug 24, 2011

sir you may THINK i broke into your house however if you look closely you'll see i'm permitted to be in this little space in the corridor

Aug 24, 2011

i failed my SASO sapienza run because apparently at least one body was found, except i'm pretty sure it wasn't :mad:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

After playing Black Flag I now expect any office level in a game to be patterned after the developer's own offices.

i failed my SASO sapienza run because apparently at least one body was found, except i'm pretty sure it wasn't :mad:

My first time playing Hokkaido I had a body or two hidden behind some boxes in the garage and somehow people on the floor above noticed and came downstairs to investigate.

Aug 24, 2011

i followed the route that speedrunner guy did, turns out you can just sneak through the kitchens after all

i also know for certain now that poison kills don't count as body found for SA rating, and that you can just snipe the virus

looking at his marrakesh route though... oh god. last one i need but its a bit of a doozy. i might try to sneak into zaydan's school and push him out a window, though that explosion kill seems pretty safe.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

looking at his marrakesh route though... oh god. last one i need but its a bit of a doozy. i might try to sneak into zaydan's school and push him out a window, though that explosion kill seems pretty safe.

you can also go up the headmaster's house, cross to the other roof, and snipe from there

Aug 24, 2011

ET should be up now, hope it's good

Aug 24, 2011

lol start stylist and he heads towards the catwalk after about a minute, you could probably lure him with a coin, drag him into the stairwell and then just mess up his day

this might be a really easy ET, but i will hold off on execution for now

e: LOOOOOOOT of opportunities to emetic syringe, and i mean a LOT. gotta work out which bathroom he goes to and if it ever gets occupied (pretty sure a security guard goes in one...), though considering how close you are to the exit (kitchen) maybe not an issue if you get out fast enough. could just knock out in the bathroom and wait ~5 minutes, see if anyone shows up...

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 27, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do guards find breaching charges suspicious? Seemed like that might be an easy way to get all these chandelier things knocked out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
One thing that I would really like in Hitman is MGSV's Phantom Cigar.
Sometimes I just want to test interacting with some sort of event that happens on it's own 5 minutes into the map and there's literally nothing you can do about it other than sit and wait.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Easiest elusive target ever. I could've done it faster but I lost track of him coming off the catwalk the first time.

Take out the maintenance guy by the bathroom at the catwalk exit and you can nail him with an emetic right there, then just drown him and leave. Or you can coin him into the area with the lone stylist in the makeup area and shank him. I'd imagine poisoning him is super easy too if you start as a waiter.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cease to Hope posted:

you can also go up the headmaster's house, cross to the other roof, and snipe from there

Just make sure to back away from the ledge if you're using a sniper rifle that can be heard because the guards down below will instantly spot you when they hear a shot if you're near the ledge.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
This trailer for Landslide is new, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQklCNzLCjY

e: Looks kind of similar to existing Sapienza missions, but I guess it makes sense for them to try and get as much as they can out of the more sandboxy maps.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 27, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

njsykora posted:

Easiest elusive target ever. I could've done it faster but I lost track of him coming off the catwalk the first time.

Take out the maintenance guy by the bathroom at the catwalk exit and you can nail him with an emetic right there, then just drown him and leave. Or you can coin him into the area with the lone stylist in the makeup area and shank him. I'd imagine poisoning him is super easy too if you start as a waiter.

for me he went down the 'alleyway' to the right of the catwalk exit, with a guard at the end facing the other way. there's bathrooms at the end of that corridor, i will emetic tomorrow and see if he goes to those (if not i will try other bathroom)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Glad to hear this is an easy one. I need that tuxedo with gloves, and if I can SA it I just need one more for the winter coat.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

for me he went down the 'alleyway' to the right of the catwalk exit, with a guard at the end facing the other way. there's bathrooms at the end of that corridor, i will emetic tomorrow and see if he goes to those (if not i will try other bathroom)

You can just lethal poison him in that alleyway straight up, no one has line of sight or even paths there to find him as far as I could tell.

Aug 24, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

You can just lethal poison him in that alleyway straight up, no one ever goes there to find him as far as I could tell.

are you sure they don't even look down there? i don't really want to risk it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

are you sure they don't even look down there? i don't really want to risk it

I knocked out the tech who's looking at his phone at the other end just to be 100% sure, but it worked even when he was standing there on my test run. Stood there for a couple minutes by his knocked out body to be confident I had enough time to walk to the exit for the real thing. Your mileage may vary. If you use lethal poison though it doesn't even matter if they did find the body.

Aug 24, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

I knocked out the tech who's looking at his phone at the other end just to be 100% sure, but it worked even when he was standing there on my test run. Stood there for a couple minutes by his knocked out body to be confident I had enough time to walk to the exit for the real thing. Your mileage may vary. If you use lethal poison though it doesn't even matter if they did find the body.

wait if i inject his rear end with lethal poison it's the same as poisoning food? the body doesn't count?

lol ok gonna be very easy

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

wait if i inject his rear end with lethal poison it's the same as poisoning food? the body doesn't count?

lol ok gonna be very easy

Yes, all poison deaths are “natural causes” — similar to, but distinct from accidents. You only have to worry about someone spotting you in the (usually illegal) act of administering the poison (again, similar to triggering most accidents). Coincidentally, this makes the sleeping poison almost worthless outside of very specific instances where you absolutely need to pacify two non-targets at once to keep them from spotting each other. Any regular target you can get to is better disposed off by just killing them right there and then with a lethal poison.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tippis posted:

Coincidentally, this makes the sleeping poison almost worthless outside of very specific instances where you absolutely need to pacify two non-targets at once to keep them from spotting each other.

Even in that situation you can usually pull off a Silent Pacify on one person if you can get the other person to move as little as ten feet or so.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lobok posted:

Even in that situation you can usually pull off a Silent Pacify on one person if you can get the other person to move as little as ten feet or so.

Pretty much, yeah.

The only time I've actually had any real beneficial use from it was during the black hat ET, and even then, it was because I couldn't be arsed to sneak my way out of the attic to get some coins I had forgotten to bring. Sleepy-time for one hacker, wrench for the other, and surprise-choking for the guard in the same room before he got a chance to notice anything — all happening within a second from each other. Then I could sort out who was who and who needed to get shot under more controlled circumstances.

…and then I got caught trespassing on my way out, so no SA. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does using the emetic syringe on an ET lock you in or can you still restart after that? Seems more safe than lethal since you're not screwed if someone rounds the corner and spots you.