Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

it is traditional in mafia games to have a nice little joke-around period and Quid really dived for ending that early

I am not saying that Quid is inherently scummy or that Inf is inherently towny but it's valid as far as D1 points are valid IMO

oh it is traditional, i see!

why is ignoring the joke phase a scummy behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also quid has habitually ignored joke phase in every game I've been in with them as both town and scum, it's a complete non argument as far as I care

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

oh it is traditional, i see!

why is ignoring the joke phase a scummy behavior?

did I not just say that quid isn't inherently scummy

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Also quid has habitually ignored joke phase in every game I've been in with them as both town and scum, it's a complete non argument as far as I care

also this is true I forgot that quid is a no-fun bummer

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

so inf has a point but also it's means nothing?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont dig this tobbs momentum. Will read later after especially since Tobbs' reveal.

##vote Tired

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont dig this tobbs momentum. Will read later after especially since Tobbs' reveal.

What about the Tobbs push were you not digging?

Tired Moritz posted:

Why are Tobbs and TMM always under suspicion? Racist against goons whose username start with T?

For what it's worth I hope you're not scum :j:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

EXAKT Science posted:

The Keane is dead long live the keane
Let's keep this game rolling you know what I mean?

##vote tobbs

Keane get murdered, and the first thing EXAKT is try to push on Tobbs. btw reminder EXAKT also was the man who started the Keane turbo. Very weird that he seems to give no fucks about killing a townie.

EXAKT Science posted:

Top scumreads for me are omg, quid, and tobbs

at this point, omg wanted to kill quick but was pressured off, quid wanted to vote Infi and Tobbs idk. racism

Dick Bastardly posted:

A turbo roll on tobbs will produce favorable results I think. This isn't based on any solid read however, just a gut feel.

DB push Tobbs on a gut feel. Gut feels are bullshit, and are basically a way for scum to push onto someone without justification. Terrible. And how the hell would another tobbs role would have any good results? Like seriously, what discussion can we have if Tobbs flip town? It wasn't like tobbs did anything scummy.

Murmur Twin posted:

Ah, my bad!

Drowned Pussy made a post about how it's bad to give empty votes and KB/GD/stickup decide to roll with it because????

[quote="King Burgundy" post="468837930"]
##vote Tobbs

GulagDolls posted:

##vote tobbs

Infinitum posted:

##vote tobbs

this is a stickup posted:

yeah I don't know why we are voting tobbs other than he said don't

Hell, stickup even admits that he don't know why he's voting tobbs. My theory? They are scum and they want to learn their roles.

Eventually they revealed that they are in a town masonry. I don't know if that's true, but it seems possible and the flavor makes sense.

from all of this... yeah, let's kill Dick Bastardly.

##vote Dick Bastardly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tired Moritz posted:

DB push Tobbs on a gut feel. Gut feels are bullshit, and are basically a way for scum to push onto someone without justification. Terrible. And how the hell would another tobbs role would have any good results? Like seriously, what discussion can we have if Tobbs flip town/scum? It wasn't like tobbs did anything scummy.

edit

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

gut feels are bullshit

my gut is telling me that you are town but your posts are telling me you are scum

hmmmmmm

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
um,,, could you let least write a long post about how im scummy? I would do that for you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tired Moritz posted:

um,,, could you at least roll out a long post about how im scummy? I would do that for you.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tired Moritz posted:

Drowned Pussy made a post about how it's bad to give empty votes and KB/GD/stickup decide to roll with it because????

(your post made it look like I said this but I assume it was a formatting thing?)

I was under the impression that they were jokingly (and/or seriously?) responding to

drowned in pussy juice posted:

If you got something to say, say it but I don't want to see any goddamned empty votes against tobbs from this point on and that applies to everyone there will be consequences

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Murmur Twin posted:

(your post made it look like I said this but I assume it was a formatting thing?)

I was under the impression that they were jokingly (and/or seriously?) responding to

ye formatting problem.

And idk, maybe they were just joking but it's disadvantageous to town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We're not interested in love triangles with TMM.

I mentioned the Cubs in the Ecco game because it was TMM's excuse in shine.

DIPJ and I are in a confirmed town masonry (since MMT announced the OOT communication aspect already).

Flavor is that we are the prince and princess.

So just to double double confirm here.

You are mod confirmed town to each other?

Sorry I know the answer to this already, but I've played in a buncha games where people thought they were confirmed town.. when they were just masons and nothing more.

##unvote

Probably voting Quid at this point. His approach just pings the gently caress outta me D1.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I won't quote the role pm but yes, we love each other very much and are confirmed to each other and I request you respect the privacy of the princess and anybody who has queries should take them up with me

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Leatherman, Hal, and Raeg haven't posted since the game started

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that is very sad because I love leatherman's avatar.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

that is very sad because I love leatherman

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm willing to roll over on lurkers for a little while longer at least but I'm not good at d1 in general so I'm just gonna hang out with the princess and wait til the week starts and see if anyone interesting catches my eye

Any questions I'm here

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
does anything reads weird for you between page 8 to page 11?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I didn't like tobbs' vote on Keane, and if tobbs would have jumped on the Inf lynch bandwagon then he'd ping scum to me. A distant third on my short list, now I'm not as sure. I feel good about my vote on OMG and that is where it will remain. I'm not scum, when I am scum, my cases actually come off as more logical because I actually have information to go on. So a bad town Dick is still a town Dick.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice of you to read the thread Dick

##vote Dick Bastardly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I make my cases based on logic"
*doesn't bother reading thread to notice that Tobbs and DIPJ are confirmed masons*
"Tobbs is pinging me"
*is Dick Bastardly*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did you gently caress up DB? Cause I think you just hosed up.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dick Bastardly posted:

I feel good about my vote on OMG and that is where it will remain.

there's no case on me homie, i do stupid impulsive poo poo 24/7 whether town or scum as the few whove played with me can attest

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Somberbrero posted:

naw i can get behind exakt here. the unvote was motivated by perception rather than thought.

##vote omg

negative

step by step:

1) "a vote on the guy that just killed a townie? makes sense to me."
2) "oh, they're right, that all but confirms him as town. nevermind"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Am I voting for tobbs? No. Did tobbs vote for you (Inf) when your bandwagon was formed thus fulfilling and tue condition for him/her to ping me? No. I missed DIPJ confirmation which I now see last page, so that clears it up. OMG is all I have going today. I don't see anything particularly scummy about how I've played so far. Dumb town Dick at worst.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Apparently stupid impulse is more than enough a case to put me a swingin' from the gallows.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Commentating on your own meta :psyduck:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

Commentating on your own meta :psyduck:

Somebody has to defend me and it doesn't look like anyone loves me :(

Speaking of which, I don't think the scums this game were born with love in their hearts, and I have a lot of love be to give.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sensing a very lovely and blatantly obvious breadcrumb in that last post DB.

Like so plainly obvious that I question the fact that if the votes piled on and you were forced to claim, you'd tell us you were the Doctor.

The gently caress are you doing? Are you this bad at mafs, or is your scum game this horrendous?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to sleep

Will be down for some pressure votes on non-payers tomorrow to encourage participation.
Alt those people should be subbed out ASAP

Current scumspects are DB+Quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Epsilon Plus posted:

it is traditional in mafia games to have a nice little joke-around period and Quid really dived for ending that early

I am not saying that Quid is inherently scummy or that Inf is inherently towny but it's valid as far as D1 points are valid IMO

what the hell is this

"let me throw shade on quid but I don't REALLY think he's scum"

and with the worst argument ever "he ended joke phase early" :rolleyes:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Epsilon Plus posted:

ah yes, the immediate walkback

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Take it how you want, if stick has his way, I'm dead tonight anyway.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

The gently caress are you doing? Are you this bad at mafs, or is your scum game this horrendous?

I'm competing with you to be the worst Maf player in SA history, your making it quite the challenge :v:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

So just to double double confirm here.

You are mod confirmed town to each other?

Sorry I know the answer to this already, but I've played in a buncha games where people thought they were confirmed town.. when they were just masons and nothing more.

##unvote

Probably voting Quid at this point. His approach just pings the gently caress outta me D1.

Yup, explicitly confirmed town to each other via role PM.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:sax:WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO REMIND THE COUSINS THAT IF YOU DONT HAVE 5 POSTS BY THE END OF THE DAY YOU WILL BE FREELY LYNCHABLE TOMORROW :sax:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

:sax:WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO REMIND THE COUSINS THAT IF YOU DONT HAVE 5 POSTS BY THE END OF THE DAY YOU WILL BE FREELY LYNCHABLE TOMORROW :sax:

Hi cousins I just got back from not being with Internet for a while, I will be making many many posts this evening where I solve the game so please be prepared.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hey, so, uh, I didn't even realize the game started.

Working now, reading soon, opinions later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Take it how you want, if stick has his way, I'm dead tonight anyway.

:yeah:

but I don't have a vig so vOv

• Locked thread