Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Discendo Vox posted:

Question- how do I get the Maya Parvati fuel tank kill in a remotely clean way? Her route doesn't seem to go there. A nearby technician is killed by the leak if I just set it up.

I don't think it's self-triggering, but it was a while since I used it, so…

Trick the technician into the little hallway area at the other end of the workshop and bop him on the head (and maybe hide him too). She'll come around to talk to him as she always does, wonder why he isn't there to be berated, and do a little loop that puts her right next to the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I don't seem to be having the same ease that most are having with the new ET - he's just looping between the dressing area and the stage, with no point where he isn't surrounded by large amounts of people. I tried preparing the bathroom that others mentioned in this thread but he goes nowhere near it. Coins aren't an option as there are several people inbetween him and the bathroom as he leaves the stage.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I don't seem to be having the same ease that most are having with the new ET - he's just looping between the dressing area and the stage, with no point where he isn't surrounded by large amounts of people. I tried preparing the bathroom that others mentioned in this thread but he goes nowhere near it. Coins aren't an option as there are several people inbetween him and the bathroom as he leaves the stage.
Does he actually go on the runway? I noticed that if you hang around the model queue it can cause him to just go back in the dressing area. You should be able to get him alone when he leaves the runway, though you might need to stand in his way next to the screwdriver to create the perfect opportunity for stabbing him with a syringe if some other model is too close buy for comfort.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

You can isolate him backstage: bump every other model as they approach the catwalk and they'll reset their loop and go back to the dressing room

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
He does three turns on the catwalk, then walks along the side stage kinda near the bar area. That's a good opportunity to poison/garrote/shoot him since no one walks along that side of the stage. I don't think the waiter near the bathroom will notice it since he's looking at his phone, but you can easily knock him out and stow him in the bathroom to be safe.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've looked through the old old featured contracts and is it me or is the "do me I dare you" (the very first one) impossible now? The poison target can't be lured into a place where they can be poisoned safely and trying to disable the surrounding npcs is equally impossible. I've seen youtube videos but it's been impossible to replicate them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Discendo Vox posted:

Question- how do I get the Maya Parvati fuel tank kill in a remotely clean way? Her route doesn't seem to go there. A nearby technician is killed by the leak if I just set it up.

The technician working on the car will light up a smoke that lights him up too (when I got the challenge I wasn't going for SA and didn't care that the tech died along with Maya) so if you want a clean kill you're going to either have to be super careful of the timing or get rid of him first. Without him though I'm not sure if she can light the fire so then you may have to shoot the puddle yourself.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Does he actually go on the runway? I noticed that if you hang around the model queue it can cause him to just go back in the dressing area. You should be able to get him alone when he leaves the runway, though you might need to stand in his way next to the screwdriver to create the perfect opportunity for stabbing him with a syringe if some other model is too close buy for comfort.

But be careful of the security/tech guy standing in that stretch of hallway since he's facing the direction of the bar.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

She paths through the leak area on her approach to the garage, but not as she leaves.

That said, you're going to need to remove the guy working on the jacked car, or else he'll smoke in front of the leaking gas tank and set himself on fire.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

I had a hell of a time with AI this time around too. People saw me emetic syringe him through walls. I set up a small explosion by chucking a fire extinguisher behind the diorama and shooting it from cover - everyone was running away with ET at the back of the pack, and just as I went to syringe him some goddamn rear end in a top hat turned around and started running towards me; got spotted.

I finally got sick of all the poo poo and just used a breaching charge and FE when he goes outside to talk on his phone. Not creative or original, but I got SA. Also I got to see him blow up after all the bullshit which was quite cathartic.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

He walked by the staircase between the basement, first & second floors so I just lured him in with coins and stabbed him with some scissors.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Finally SASO'd Colorado. It was probably the most fun to figure out. I took out 3 of the 4 targets with accident kills, and the amount of traversal through heavily guarded areas from one target to the next gave it a real Ground Zeroes vibe.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Finally SASO'd Colorado. It was probably the most fun to figure out. I took out 3 of the 4 targets with accident kills, and the amount of traversal through heavily guarded areas from one target to the next gave it a real Ground Zeroes vibe.

Hey, I just SASO'd Colorado as well. That was my last one (well, except Hokkaido but I did the ninja one and don't feel like doing the same challenge with just a different suit).

I took out Maya with the hay bale, got into the garage and took out Ezra with a simple neck snap, then to get inside the house I did almost an entire loop around the perimeter of the map so that I could sneak in through western opening in the outermost fence and from there into the basement. Once in the house things are pretty easy and I took out Rose with the chandelier and Graves with a lethal syringe.

Question for everyone: now that I want to move on from the main missions, what's the best stuff to do after that? The bonus missions? The Sarajevo Six? Contacts? Escalations?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
I switched over to PC and am replaying all the levels, grabbing whatever challenges I haven't done before as I go, and I just did Colorado. There's a challenge (called The Perfect Alibi) to kill them all with accidents, and I'm pretty sure I got the accident notification after each death but I didn't unlock the challenge, any idea why?

I drowned Sean, burned Maya, shot the gas tank next to Ezra's lab table, and dropped a chandelier on, uh, the other one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ReWinter posted:

I switched over to PC and am replaying all the levels, grabbing whatever challenges I haven't done before as I go, and I just did Colorado. There's a challenge (called The Perfect Alibi) to kill them all with accidents, and I'm pretty sure I got the accident notification after each death but I didn't unlock the challenge, any idea why?

I drowned Sean, burned Maya, shot the gas tank next to Ezra's lab table, and dropped a chandelier on, uh, the other one.

How did you drown Sean? Is there a difference between knocking them out then dumping them in water versus forcing their head underwater?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ReWinter posted:

you'll probably want to use the explosive watch or tinker with the explosion mixture for sean.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Okay so I got past Paris, got used to the layout eventually and I had totally missed that you could climb up and down drainpipes. Game is good again. I managed the ET, unfortunately some model got into LoS just as I was poisoning him with the syringe, oh well.

Sapienza is huge and now I can't find the scientist with the USB dongle, I think I'll have to shut down the virus another way :v:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

double nine posted:

you'll probably want to use the explosive watch or tinker with the explosion mixture for sean.

I dropped a chandelier on him.

Then reloaded the save and blew up his watch.

I am a bad man.

orcane posted:

Sapienza is huge and now I can't find the scientist with the USB dongle, I think I'll have to shut down the virus another way :v:

You have about 6 options. Have you tried dumping bleach on it? Of course, you'd need to get through the glass first with some bullets or a big rock or something.....

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lobok posted:

Question for everyone: now that I want to move on from the main missions, what's the best stuff to do after that? The bonus missions? The Sarajevo Six? Contacts? Escalations?

Sarajevo Six is a good way of practicing for elusive targets since you can't save during them. I've only used contracts when trying for some location-specific challenges like Himmapan Horror or Master Sniper. The escalations are where the real challenge lies. After knocking out a few, you'll know a map inside and out.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You can don a hazmat suit, distract the scientists inside containment by making a mess of the vial robot on the far wall and messing with the computer on the near wall and then mess with the virus containment unit itself so the temperature slowly rises.

Or you can kill the virus. With bullets.

What other ways can you destroy the virus?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

You can don a hazmat suit, distract the scientists inside containment by making a mess of the vial robot on the far wall and messing with the computer on the near wall and then mess with the virus containment unit itself so the temperature slowly rises.

Or you can kill the virus. With bullets.

What other ways can you destroy the virus?

shoot the stalactite hanging over the lab, use the USB dongle belonging to the repentant scientist on the computer, drop a remote explosive in the trash can by the virus then blow it up from a distance

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'd like to avoid being detected, the dongle sounded like a great plan for that but I think the scientist already returned from church, and I have no idea who it is - meanwhile lab security can't enter the lab and you're suspicious to most of the scientists if you're in a lab coat yourself.

I may have to throw something or kill people :getin:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Killing the virus by messing with the containment computer doesn't require violence. You just have to get a hazmat suit, get into the clean room itself, and keep the scientists in there distracted

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lobok posted:

Hey, I just SASO'd Colorado as well. That was my last one (well, except Hokkaido but I did the ninja one and don't feel like doing the same challenge with just a different suit).

Hokkaido SO is actually very different from Ninja, since there are some places you're permitted. It's probably easier because of that, though, so you might need to try and speed-run it or something to make it interesting.

Lobok posted:

How did you drown Sean? Is there a difference between knocking them out then dumping them in water versus forcing their head underwater?

Drowning Sean is the endgame of the OCD opportunity; he ends up going into the small shed next to the house to wash his face.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

orcane posted:

I'd like to avoid being detected, the dongle sounded like a great plan for that but I think the scientist already returned from church, and I have no idea who it is - meanwhile lab security can't enter the lab and you're suspicious to most of the scientists if you're in a lab coat yourself.

Get in a lab coat, enter the lab connected to the virus room. Chill at a microscope until the one suspicious lab tech looks away, then hurry to the changing room and get into a hazmat suit. Use the hazmat suit to gently caress around with poo poo as a distraction then fry the virus. While it's frying, reverse your course to leave.

Alternately, move around the right side of the exterior of the virus lab to find the right stalactite; its hidden behind a rock that you can't shoot. Shooting it will cause a commotion but won't make anyone find you unless you're careless.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
"blend in" spots are criminally underused. just chill there until people turn away from wherever it is you want to go. even suspicious people - white dots - won't bother you if you're blending in.

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008
I finally got SA on an elusive target.

Then on my way out I sprinted through the kitchen as a stylist. Pro moves!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Cease to Hope posted:

"blend in" spots are criminally underused. just chill there until people turn away from wherever it is you want to go. even suspicious people - white dots - won't bother you if you're blending in.

I've had a strange new behaviour (or possibly bug) lately, where if they're alerted — enforcers or not — and see me at a blend-in spot, they'll still accumulate suspicion (both with the growing circle over their head, and with the “visibility” arc around 47), and then get full suspicious status when it fills up. At that point, they will conclude that, since I'm in a blending-in spot with the appropriate dress code, I'm allowed to be there, and the suspicion cancels itself… and immediately starts accumulating again.

During each accumulation phase, they'll (usually) move ahead a little, and once they get enough distance and are actually moving away, so it's possible for me to get out of it alive although with a mark against my “spotted” score. Usually. Sometimes, their suspicion status is apparently enough to trigger 47's “too suspicious” flag, at which point he pops out of the blending in, and usually instantly be riddled with bullets.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I spent way too much time trying to lure the ET with coins with no success. He'd always tell someone else to investigate even if he was the closest one to the coin. Finally I switched to the explosive phone and placed it on the ground at the perfect time to make him the person who would first see it. Once he went to grab it I was able to lure him into the bathroom with a flooded sink.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

orcane posted:

the cave has a natural exit.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

double nine posted:

I've looked through the old old featured contracts and is it me or is the "do me I dare you" (the very first one) impossible now? The poison target can't be lured into a place where they can be poisoned safely and trying to disable the surrounding npcs is equally impossible. I've seen youtube videos but it's been impossible to replicate them.

Definitely still doable, I completed it myself just a couple weeks ago. It helps to sneak into that hallway for a sec and close the doors right next to Po so those guards outside don't get lured in as they sometimes will. Other than that, for me it was as easy as tossing a coin into the hall to distract the woman, then one into the side room to lure in Po.

e: When it comes to nearly impossible contracts I struggled a lot with the one where you have to drown targets as the Vampire Magician, since all the youtube guides use the drop down from the lighting rig or over the railing in the entrance hall, both exploits that have been long since fixed. That said, I still completed it but it was a huge pain in the rear end.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 30, 2017

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

double nine posted:

the cave has a natural exit.

and you can create an unnatural one, if you bring or find an explosive

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

is drowning an accident? i would figure no but FE kills are so it could go either way

kiss me Pikachu posted:

I finally got SA on an elusive target.

Then on my way out I sprinted through the kitchen as a stylist. Pro moves!

stylists are allowed in the kitchen aren't they?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

is drowning an accident?

yup

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

orcane posted:

I'm just starting with this game, and while the training missions were straightforward, the first real mission (Paris) is completely overwhelming me with its large location (who needs maps anyway), a plethora of disguises which either aren't allowed where my targets are, or have at least one "this guy will spot you anyway" dude blocking access, and all the challenges I found so far have been useless (eg. blog interview lady who just drags him to one of the most public spots of the venue, or poisoning his favourite drink which did exactly nothing at all).

It's not like I don't "get" Hitman, I loved Blood Money and was good at it, but in this game I don't even know where to start, there are so many loving people in Paris. I'm bad at Hitman 2016 :(

Don't let the scale intimidate you. Paris is a playground with tons of ways to eliminate your targets. When disguised and you're somewhere you shouldn't be, or there are a couple of people gathered who can see through your disguise your best option is to create a distraction, hide, or find an alternate route. There is always an alternate route to the thing you want to get to. Create distractions! Smash a display case, start a fire, turn off some breakers, put rat poison in a guard's drink, even leaving a gun lying on the ground will keep an otherwise diligent guard occupied for about two minutes. Never hesitate to blend in if you get the opportunity, NPCs who can see through your disguise won't question the guy mopping or repairing something.

As for poisoning Viktor's drink, it helps to know the difference between the different poisons. Emetic poison (rat poison, bad spaghetti sauce, etc.) will induce vomiting, sedative poison will knock someone out instantly, and lethal poison will obviously kill them.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Has anyone actually found a good use for the sedative poison?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Has anyone actually found a good use for the sedative poison?

There isn't any? :shrug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It would be useful for taking out pairs of guards where there might be other people nearby because even a Silent Pacify can be detected or seen by a guard's partner but if you knock the one guard out with a sedative and then immediately pacify the other guard with something else then both will have been taken care of without raising alarm. Doubtful you'll get SA like that, though.

But yeah, pretty hard to justify using a loadout slot or agency pickup for a one-time snooze.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ugh, this is infuriating.

That is clearly more than 13 coins and yet no cheevo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think the guard reaction time to stuff like that is a bit too high. Yeah it makes sense that if a fire extinguisher came flying and conked out your buddy standing right next to you, you would perhaps be a bit alarmed. But it seems like it's literally instant, which makes real quick takedowns of two people right next to each other really hard, even though in reality it'd take at least a split second to acknowledge something happened.

edit: Instant switch to the "oh gently caress" alarmed state that fails SA for you, I mean. It still takes them a second of standing stock-still before they actually react.