Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Should've brought out Gillberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Senerio posted:

I mean, I wasn't expecting Roman Reigns at #30...

I guess you could say #30 was surprising because there wasn't a surprise.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't think anyone was expecting Lesnar to get squashed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

some guy on the bus posted:

I guess you could say #30 was surprising because there wasn't a surprise.

Roman was absolutely a surprise. Nobody on the pickem even guessed him as a joke.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Betting sites did not list Roman as a possibility for being in, or winning, the Rumble. You could, however, bet on Conor McGregor being in the Rumble and winning.

Roman Reigns was literally more of a surprise entrant than a current UFC Champion.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I had money on John Stewart over Reigns.

The green lantern, not the comedian.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Roman Reigns was literally more of a surprise entrant than a current UFC Champion.

"So you see because 2 + 2 = 5, Roman being in the rumble was a surprise."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"So you see because 2 + 2 = 5, Roman being in the rumble wasn't a surprise."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"So you see because 2 + 2 = 5, Roman being in the rumble was a surprise."

Betting sites considered the possibility of Alberto Del Rio winning the Rumble. They did not consider the possibility of Roman being in it.

Roman being in was literally less expected than Alberto Del Rio winning.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Had a bunch of people over for the Rumble and had a lot of fun. I thought it was entertaining for the most part, the end did have me eye rolling when Reigns came out at 30.

Was hoping Wyatt would win but even though I like him it just seems like he's never gonna be a serious top tier guy in the company.

I didn't watch wrestling when Cena and Orton fought every ppv so the thought of it doesn't really turn me off like it seems to for most people here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

I only had it for the three free months anyway so yeah

Same and same

Not giving them money ever

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Same and same

Not giving them money ever

Cancelled my free three month subscription too

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Roman being in was literally less expected than Alberto Del Rio winning.

"Here's another hilarious ridiculous sentence showing why going by betting sites is dumb."

Do you really think someone in the WWE being in the WWE Rumble is more of a surprise than the UFC champion? Lol. No, you do not.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"Here's another hilarious ridiculous sentence showing why going by betting sites is dumb."

Do you really think someone in the WWE being in the WWE Rumble is more of a surprise than the UFC champion? Lol. No, you do not.

People seemed pretty surprised by Roman Reigns being in the Rumble, but you're insisting it wasn't a surprise, so...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Cancelled my free three month subscription too

Yeah, I was even honest and checked the "I only wanted the free trial" box instead of the comedy "other" option.

I fully expect they'll give me another free trial in a month or so.

People seemed pretty surprised by Roman Reigns being in the Rumble, but you're insisting it wasn't a surprise, so...

Surprise! We pissed in your mouth AGAIN!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

They should have put Ascension in the Rumble.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

I mean they're surprised it's so bad. That's the same kind of surprise as if it was Connor of the Ascension or Heath Slater at #30.

Surprise! ....There's no surprise! Bet you didn't see that coming!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I mean they're surprised it's so bad. That's the same kind of surprise as if it was Connor of the Ascension or Heath Slater at #30.

Either of these guys being #30 would've had me stoked because them being #30 is mind-boggling instead of boring and lame.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yeah, any of that would have made it better. Even Road Dogg coming back out. Anything people weren't expecting.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Why are you arguing semantics over a surprise?

sur·prise
sə(r)ˈprīz/Submit
noun
an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.

No one expecting Roman, does in fact make it a surprise, hth.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

roman was pretty clearly in at number 30 so the live crowd would pop huge when orton eliminated him. wwe knows what they did.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The reason Roman being in the rumble was not an option is because he was in a title match. What if he had won the title? It just breaks logic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Regulation Size posted:

Either of these guys being #30 would've had me stoked because them being #30 is mind-boggling instead of boring and lame.

Yeah, it was the same for Enzo being in against Brock instead of anyone else

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

bradzilla posted:

Why are you arguing semantics over a surprise?

sur·prise
sə(r)ˈprīz/Submit
noun
an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.

No one expecting Roman, does in fact make it a surprise, hth.

The surprise was that it was nothing. It's like having a birthday present be a empty box. And then going "Well I gave you a present!"

Good posts imo.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Pretty surprising that Venus Williams didn't enter at number 30.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The surprise was that it was nothing. It's like having a birthday present be a empty box. And then going "Well I gave you a present!"

Good posts imo.

Ok but you were arguing that it's literally not a surprise because it wasn't someone not on the main roster currently.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

bradzilla posted:

Ok but you were arguing that it's literally not a surprise because it wasn't someone not on the main roster currently.

We got a nothing surprise. A active WWE wrestler being in the Rumble at #30 is only a surprise in how uneventful it is.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

its me glenda posted:

roman was pretty clearly in at number 30 so the live crowd would pop huge when orton eliminated him. wwe knows what they did.
This poo poo confuses me. I mean, I agree, that's why WWE did it, they knew that Orton would get a big pop for the elimination. But how and why when they're capable of recognising the reaction Roman gets now and booking around that reaction and even booking to take advantage of that reaction isn't someone somewhere going "Hey, why don't we try booking Roman to take advantage of the reaction to Roman?".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't know why it wasn't Joe but nobody should have expected Nakamura, and given Finn had a physical this weekend him not being there shows he's in no way ready to be back to do anything and probably won't be until after Mania

Where was R-Truth

Where was Kane

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Hypothetical: Last night, with the exact same booking, with the sole exception that instead of it being Roman Reigns who comes out at #30 and eliminates Undertaker, Jericho, and Bray, only to eventually get surprise eliminated by Randy to the panicked relief of the crowd, it's Hornswoggle with an assist by Fit Finlay- is this a surprise?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ice To Meet You posted:

Best Royal Rumble PPV in the last 10 years.

Much like a few years ago when Daniel Bryan wasn't in it, many people decide a match is bad because the idea they had didn't happen.

yeah p much

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It shoulda been Drew Carey, or Jonathon Taylor Thomas.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

It should have been one random man walking out flipping everyone off the whole time and then he would get in the ring and eliminate himself. Continue flipping everyone off as he walks to the back.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

#30 absolutely should have been Samoa Joe and making it Roman absolutely sucked all he energy out of the room and turned the crowd on the match.

That being said, anyone saying that his pressence ruined the match or the PPV is foolish. It was one of the best rumbles in recent memory, and one of the best overall PPVs of the last 12 months, period. The ending being botched after the whole thing was red hot sucks, but it is what it is.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

R Truth was on the Royal Rumble graphic, why wasn't R Truth #30? He could have rapped his way down the long entryway and then Randy and Roman could've eliminated each other at the same time like Lex Luger and Bret Hart in 94. Then R Truth climbs in and is proclaimed the victor.

Fake edit: my phone autocorrected victor to Victor so maybe R Truth joins the Ascension in the build to Mania.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

Hypothetical: Last night, with the exact same booking, with the sole exception that instead of it being Roman Reigns who comes out at #30 and eliminates Undertaker, Jericho, and Bray, only to eventually get surprise eliminated by Randy to the panicked relief of the crowd, it's Hornswoggle with an assist by Fit Finlay- is this a surprise?

Hornswoggle is signed to TNA.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lid posted:

The reason Roman being in the rumble was not an option is because he was in a title match. What if he had won the title? It just breaks logic.
This is all kayfabe, obviously:

Roman has a slot in the Rumble if he loses. If he won his title match, they could have slotted someone else in, since it's not like they're lacking for people who weren't in it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

exploded mummy posted:

Hornswoggle is signed to TNA.

Thank you, that was the point I was trying to make.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Endless Mike posted:

This is all kayfabe, obviously:

Roman has a slot in the Rumble if he loses. If he won his title match, they could have slotted someone else in, since it's not like they're lacking for people who weren't in it.
So then why wasn't Styles in the Rumble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Carver Crisis posted:

So then why wasn't Styles in the Rumble?

That's because he is a vanilla midget from the bad show, Carver Crisis.

• Locked thread