Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What changes will the new ownership bring to the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Business as usual 12 7.55%
A few changes 45 28.30%
This is kind of crazy 55 34.59%
This is batfuck insane 47 29.56%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

If things keep going this way I'm going to start giving a history lesson about Neville Chamberlain and the precedents set by the Sudentenland and trust me you don't loving want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I apologise for all the poo poo I have given Conor for not defending a belt, it seems no one ever asked him too

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I hope Conor does box someone eventually but I think he's smart enough to know he'd get cratered on a big rear end PPV if he fought anyone real. If he's gonna do that for the money I say make it Pacquiao or Floyd.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Nunes mismanaged her energy and got tired. She will make adjustments and fight to a very close victory.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think Nunes has a hope of improving her stamina as much as she needs to, probably better off going even harder in the first two rounds and icing Shevchenko there if possible.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFE4bto73Gw&t=420s

tehres that thing they were charging for

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

People actually spent money on PPVs and tickets to see Conor speak for an hour

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think Nunes has a hope of improving her stamina as much as she needs to, probably better off going even harder in the first two rounds and icing Shevchenko there if possible.

Yeah that's where I'm at. I used to bring up her decision win as a reason her cardio might've improved, but on a rewatch it was clear she only managed to keep from gassing out an extra round, and part of that was because Shevchenko didn't do anything in the first. By the third everything looked half-assed, from her strikes to her takedowns.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

EmmyOk posted:

Yep.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/30/14445734/ian-mccall-still-fighting-ufc-208-jarred-brooks

Uncle Creepy is gonna fight a guy called The Monkey God for the weirdest nickname in MMA

lol at them calling McCall a 115er

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

chaleski posted:

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/30/14445734/ian-mccall-still-fighting-ufc-208-jarred-brooks

Uncle Creepy is gonna fight a guy called The Monkey God for the weirdest nickname in MMA

lol at them calling McCall a 115er

Nothing beats Nick "The Goat" Thompson who earned the name by getting sparked a bunch in practice. Like a scaredy goat. They exist here in Tennessee.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

chaleski posted:

People actually spent money on PPVs and tickets to see Conor speak for an hour

I've never understood the attraction of watching a fighter speak for any length of time. I mean, no one's lining up to watch professional talkers like stand up comedians or political theorists box.

There you, Conor vs Jimmy Carr for some loving belt or another under some loving rules or another.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yo I'm leaving tonight for three weeks in the field and I'm not going to have time to write the op for February's thread. I'm sure you'll all miss my broken links and fight result mistakes.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Nominating BlueDeanie for February OP.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

I've never understood the attraction of watching a fighter speak for any length of time. I mean, no one's lining up to watch professional talkers like stand up comedians or political theorists box.

There you, Conor vs Jimmy Carr for some loving belt or another under some loving rules or another.

People who have jobs other than "professional talker" often have interesting things to say because they have interesting life experiences that dont revolve around talking professionally. Lots of people want to hear them speak

personally I wouldnt listen to Conor talk for more than a couple minutes or so unless I was being paid for it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He is a welcome breath of fresh air compared to most fighters and at most pressers but I don't think I could listen to his teachings and musing for an hour.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

please lord let Nunes attempt this and fail to finish so I can see the WMMA version of Sakuraba-Belfort

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

U dont need to be a pro to say stuff. people n this thread do it all the time myself included :-] though on the other hand i hardly pay attention to mma except by watching fights and reading the titles of the news articles people post in this thread so on a personal level i agree

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Say whatever you want about fights and fighters but when someone calls you dumb for saying something dumb and gives you an example of why and how you're dumb dont be a pissbaby about it.

Its mma, you can just say "hmmm i guess he might be right" and move on.

Ive said plenty of dumb poo poo and been "noped" for it and plenty of less dumb poo poo. Just post and dont be a baby.

Also. Ian mccall has not fought for 2 years and not won for 2.5 deapite having 3 fights scheduled in that time. Poor dude must be broke.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

He's been getting his show money for the canceled bouts, has a hand in a dispensary, and lives with his mom, so he's probably doing fine.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

He is a welcome breath of fresh air compared to most fighters and at most pressers but I don't think I could listen to his teachings and musing for an hour.

I would not mind listening to McGregor talk in a scenario where he drops THE NOTORIOUS 4 BILLION DOLLAR MAN persona. If we were going to hear some real talk out of him it might be interesting.

We won't get that out of a ppv interview where he arrives in a Bentley and Ariel Helwani is lobbing softball questions at him with stars in his eyes though.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dont be a pissbaby about it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

Nothing beats Nick "The Goat" Thompson who earned the name by getting sparked a bunch in practice. Like a scaredy goat. They exist here in Tennessee.

Almost nothing

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I can write it and have it up tomorrow if nobody objects to a dweeb putting one together. I ganked up my foot so I need to skip a practice anyway.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Dont be scared homie

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Conor's the best talker currently on the roster, which, much like being the best heavyweight, or the most anything bantamweight, makes him a giant among midgets. Hearing a soundbit from him is fine, but paying actual money to listen to him speak for an hour is utterly outside the realm of my comprehension.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Hearing him relentlessly clown people and get into it with the Diaz's is a lot of fun but I don't really care to see him speak outside of MMA

It's funny that Nate Diaz of all people is the only person to get the better of him in poo poo talk

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bundt Cake posted:

Dont be scared homie

: stiffens and falls backwards into a bunch of files marked "209" :

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ok I typed up a February OP. It just needs a thread title. I'll post it tomorrow.

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

CommonShore posted:

Ok I typed up a February OP. It just needs a thread title. I'll post it tomorrow.

New thread title should have a return of the living dead kinda title for tkz. Idk I'm just spitballin here...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CommonShore posted:

A clit so big over a division not so deep

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CommonShore posted:

UFC Feb: Fatherdog barking can't mod without umbrella

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

A clit so big over a division not so deep

lmfaoooooooo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Moussasi might not be able to get into the US for his fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
That's it. Now He's gone too far.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Moussasi might not be able to get into the US for his fight

I'll be in the hollerin' closet.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

Dont be scared homie

This is the best advice in the world.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

That's it. Now He's gone too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Are you sure you're not confusing him with Murthel Groenhart for some reason?

Ah, it was actually a superfight match. Still, his kickboxing record is impressive.

• Locked thread