Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

where the red fern gropes posted:

have there been any datamine things about what the target is going to be called? i am exploring hokkado to find things right now (i REALLY want the bathrobe)

The Hitman subreddit has a collection of localized text for various elusive targets (including one for the Icon, interestingly enough!) This is the only one I could find for Hokkaido, but basically all it says is, "he can go anywhere," so dunno how helpful that's going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Rochallor posted:

The Hitman subreddit has a collection of localized text for various elusive targets (including one for the Icon, interestingly enough!) This is the only one I could find for Hokkaido, but basically all it says is, "he can go anywhere," so dunno how helpful that's going to be.

this is really good, thanks

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Isn't that generally true for elusive targets? They can go wherever.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
It really, really annoys me that you don't get the bonus missions if you bought the episodes separately, and that you can't even pay a small extra amount to unlock the bonus eps but have to buy an (additional) full package for it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Mash posted:

It really, really annoys me that you don't get the bonus missions if you bought the episodes separately, and that you can't even pay a small extra amount to unlock the bonus eps but have to buy an (additional) full package for it

Me too, but

quote:

- The 'Bonus Episode' (formerly called Summer Bonus Episode) will be made available for individual purchase. The Bonus Episode includes 3 bonus missions: 'The Icon', 'A House Built on Sand' and 'Landslide'. Pricing will vary according to region, but will closely match the established cost of an individual episode.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Oh, nice. Any idea when it's out?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Should be today. (31st)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

The Mash posted:

Oh, nice. Any idea when it's out?

Right now

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hitman-bonus-episode/c37rddntd3jl

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Boiled Water posted:

Isn't that generally true for elusive targets? They can go wherever.

They can, but most don't. Most have a set pattern like the story targets, but usually shorter in length. This sounds like one where the gimmick is that he roams the whole map moving through different levels of security, as opposed to some of the more recent ones who have a short path that you can generally follow in a single costume.

Aug 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC-X9zOIgvw

interesting that aside from being able to salute zaydan, this is all legitimate in-game footage, just with some dev-only camera angles

also checking out that future elusive target list, looks like there's at least one in a summer bonus episode ("the badboy", in the sapienza film set level)

e: small bit of 47 personality, after soders dies, the room with the stem cells has a girl surgeon, if you are disguised as a surgeon 47 talks to her a little bit, there is a single double entendre but it's not huge

e2: hitman service "down for maintenance" patch incoming?

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 31, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

updates live on steam

2 gigabyte patch

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I hope this also means they actually make the bonus episodes available on steam

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Mash posted:

I hope this also means they actually make the bonus episodes available on steam

https://steamdb.info/app/440940/info/

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Any ideas yet what the professional difficulty unlocks are?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You can't actually purchase them if you already have all the missions, though. Except through buying a whole new pack. I really hope they add the option today.

E: I guess it's coming:

quote:

For players who prefer to purchase individual episodes with the Intro Pack:

- The 'Bonus Episode' (formerly called Summer Bonus Episode) will be made available for individual purchase. The Bonus Episode includes 3 bonus missions: 'The Icon', 'A House Built on Sand' and 'Landslide'. Pricing will vary according to region, but will closely match the established cost of an individual episode.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Maintenance over :toot:

e: The Paris Pro Mastery unlock:

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Just got in, the menu music becomes more sinister and distorted when you enable professional mode, nice touch!

Aug 24, 2011

pro difficulty has 10 levels

level 10 hokkaido unlocks a baseball bat

you lose all starting locations and poo poo like that, there are no item rewards until level 10

only assassination challenges are available

e: the rewards are all reskins :cawg:

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Alas, goodbye hopes of gas grenades and attache cases. Maybe next season.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

e: the rewards are all reskins :cawg:

That's not surprising; almost all the Hitman rewards are either reskins of the same five items or guns you'd never use. It's understandable; season 2 would be pretty tricky to balance otherwise.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Sometimes I expect new sets of unlocks to just be progressively louder shotguns.

Aug 24, 2011

oh, poo poo, you have to finish the mission in pro difficulty to unlock challenges

e: ahahaha poo poo there's cameras in hokkaido morgue now and they can see crimes. there's also guards in the morgue (and everywhere else) and they will gently caress you up if you try anything. they can see you trespassing.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 31, 2017

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

e: the rewards are all reskins

Dangit, was hoping for something a bit more worthwhile than alternate duck skins.

Aug 24, 2011

oh my god guards in landslide specifically respond to the santa outfit

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

darn, no waiter disguise in the paris basement. There are also quite a bit more cameras in the levels (and they notice when you disable them)

Aug 24, 2011

double nine posted:

darn, no waiter disguise in the paris basement. There are also quite a bit more cameras in the levels (and they notice when you disable them)

wonder if that will affect SA rating, same question for if you shoot the recording device (is that still a thing?) and also whether detections still count if you disable it, etc.

i would bet money that a) the IAGO invite in the bathroom is gone, b) the woman carrying one either has guards nearby or a new visitor to the toilets or both, and c) it is a lot harder to get the sheikh disguise than it was. servers are a bit wonky atm so i will try tomorrow

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I think that when shooting the camera attracts a guard you have paid your dues. Yes the camera is out but a friend is coming.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

wonder if that will affect SA rating, same question for if you shoot the recording device (is that still a thing?) and also whether detections still count if you disable it, etc.

i would bet money that a) the IAGO invite in the bathroom is gone, b) the woman carrying one either has guards nearby or a new visitor to the toilets or both, and c) it is a lot harder to get the sheikh disguise than it was. servers are a bit wonky atm so i will try tomorrow

Yes, no, yes.

No penalty for shooting out cameras other than the one guard pathing over to check. Score is also tripled apparently, I got 490k for SAing Paris on my first run exploring. Lots of cheesy shortcuts are swarming with guards now.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Alright, Professional Difficulty breakdown. No real spoilers, just being safe.

How to access: You must get mastery level 20 on a map to unlock its professional mode.

Professional Mastery & challenges: 10 levels of mastery, 10000 XP between each. All your normal difficulty mastery unlocks like pickups and starting locations are reset, unlocked in the same order but compressed down to the 10 mastery levels rather than 20. You only have Assassination challenges--20 of them per level at 5,000 each. If you do your math, you must do all the challenges on Professional to get to Mastery Level 10 and thus unlock one of the below items.

Equipment unlocks for level 10 mastery: Paris: Napoleon Blownapart, remote explosive that plays music (blend of ICA phone and ducky I guess); Sapienza: Antique Emetic Syringe; Marrakech: Crystal Ball, throwable non-lethal; Bangkok: ICA19 pistol, silenced, full auto; Colorado: Sieger Advanced, just cosmetic difference; Hokkaido: HF Championship Baseball Bat, throwable non-lethal

vvv I'd get Marrakech's first if I didn't hate the map so much. For some reason I almost always load myself up with a Tonfa and it feels more stylish

f#a# fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 31, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

f#a# posted:

Equipment unlocks for level 10 mastery: Paris: Napoleon Blownapart, remote explosive that plays music (blend of ICA phone and ducky I guess); Sapienza: Antique Emetic Syringe; Marrakech: Crystal Ball, throwable non-lethal; Bangkok: ICA19 pistol, full auto; Colorado: Sieger Advanced, just cosmetic difference; Hokkaido: HF Championship Baseball Bat, throwable non-lethal

So the only one worth getting is Sapienza's, then.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

darn, the bodyguard will go vomit in the hall if you poison his sushi. Time to test the emetic syringe then.

edit: nvm coins rule forever.

double nine fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 31, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Helmut Kruger is no longer an impenetrable skeleton key disguise.

Also, I don't know if this happens in normal mode too, but I knocked out Helmet before he called Dahlia and used his phone to call her. I got her voicemail message saying she couldn't get to the phone right now, but 47 just started the conversation anyway and she replied telling me to go walk the runway and come up to see her....

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is it just me or are the servers super loving slow? Everything involving saving/loading/logging in takes forever.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 31, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jack Trades posted:

Is it just me or a the servers super loving slow? Everything involcing saving/loading/logging in takes forever.
No, they're half dead for me too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

No, they're half dead for me too.

They must be hammered because everyone is trying to check out hot new stuff then.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I really, really do appreciate that climbing around on the lighting rig in Paris isn't technically considered trespassing because you're outside of the attic boundary. Guards will comment on how weird I'm being, but the game doesn't seem to count my goofing around up there as an actual detection because I'm considered to be on the fashion floor. :haw:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Are there achievements for professional mastery?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also why the gently caress aren't bonus episodes available separately yet? This update supposed to let you buy it separately.

Although maybe it'll be released as per usual Steam release schedule which is in 90 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Scott Forstall posted:

Are there achievements for professional mastery?

Not that I've seen, there might be in the hidden achievements but no obvious "Gain Professional Mastery 10" achievements. Professional isn't too much harder to just get the mission complete on if you know the level, but silent assassin is going to be way harder, they've shut down a lot of my easy route to it.