Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
These are some dedicated pirates, hauling their boats over a mountain to get there!

(Pirates only affect coastal cities. Also as a reminder, the attacked player gets to spawn/move a pirate after each raid)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

These are some dedicated pirates, hauling their boats over a mountain to get there!

(Pirates only affect coastal cities. Also as a reminder, the attacked player gets to spawn/move a pirate after each raid)

It's funnier this way, though.

(Yes, fair point. Nara will be happy again next update, and Japan gets to move a pirate ship to a hex of its choice.)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Move F8 pirate adjacent to Roma.

Activate Nara for food and 3x ore.

EDIT: Fixed rules mistake

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 31, 2017

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

STATUS PHASE 3

I don't believe anyone reveals any Objectives.

Pliny's Most Powerful Civilizations of the World, Vol. III posted:

Egypt - 6 (Cities) + 9 (Advances) + 2 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 17
Japan - 6 (Cities) + 7 (Advances) + 0 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 13
Persia - 3 (Cities) + 8 (Advances) + 2 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 13
Greece - 4 (Cities) + 5 (Advances) + 0 (Objectives) + 0 (Wonders) + 0 (Events) = 9

Persia learns Draft, drawing an Event.

A Fine Year posted:

You gain 1 Food. Barbarians appear!
Greece learns Writing, drawing an Event.

Great Scientist posted:

Put this card on the table. The first player to pay 1 Culture may, as an action, both: a) Gain a free Science advance, b) Gain 2 Ideas. Barbarians attack!
Egypt learns Husbandry.
Japan learns... ... uh...

Action Queue
- Persia: Spawn a camp with 1 Army within 2 spaces of a city you own, then add an Army / Cavalry / Elephant to a camp.
- Japan: Choose free tech!

Map isn't updated yet.

Red - Triskelli - Persia (Darius)
Green - frankenfreak - Greece (Alexander the Great)
Blue - Straight White Shark - Egypt (Imhotep)
Yellow - Gutter Owl - Japan (Emperor Jimmu)
On Table - Trojan Horse - Upon attacking a player city, the attacking player may pay 1 Culture and 1 Wood to prevent the defender from playing any Combat cards the first combat round. This card is then kept by the player and is worth 1 VP.
On Table - Great Architect - The first player to pay 1 Culture may, as an action, both: a) Reveal all Wonders, b) get any one Advance listed as a requirement on an available Wonder card at no Food cost.
On Table - Great Scientist - The first player to pay 1 Culture may, as an action, both: a) Gain a free Science advance, b) Gain 2 Ideas.
Reference Post | Zoomed-In Tech Board | Condensed Rules

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Fishing

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ew, not many places to put that new camp. Place it at K-11, and place an Elephant at A-7.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

And I think I've got the first move again, so might as well get this one out of the way:

1.) Activate Persopolis for 1 food, 1 ore, 1 wood (1 idea from Public Education)

2.) Move my army + my leader in Persopolis to the barb camp two spaces away using Roads (1 food, 1 ore to ignore terrain), and move the settler in Babylon north to the barrens. Use the Tactical Surprise action card to turn any single hit into an extra hit, and Immortals to add +2 CV at the cost of 2 culture.

...and I'll wait until that's resolved, actually. That should bring me to:

Food: 2
Wood: 2
Ore: 1

Mood: 4
Culture: 2
Ideas: 2

I'm really kicking myself for not picking Fishing as my free advance, but no take-backsies should be the rule we all live by.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 31, 2017

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

STATUS PHASE 3 CONT.

Japan learns Fishing.

Everyone gets a new action and a new objective card.

Persia retains first player status.

By CO, Egypt razes Egyptshire for a Gold.

TURN 4-1-1 - It is Persia's turn!

Pretty sure Persia meant 'Babylon' and not 'Persopolis' on both counts.

Persia assaults a Barbarian Camp!
Persia plays Tactical Surprise:

Tactical Surprise posted:

Army/Fortress/Ship: If you score at least one hit this round, you score another.

Persian Forces: 2 Army + Immortals + Tactical Surprise = 2d6 + 2 = 13! 3 hits!
Barbarian Forces: 2 Army = 2d6 = 6! 1 hit!

The camp is taken! For defeating 2 Barbarian units, Persia gets 2 Gold.
Persia reveals CIVILIZER - Immediately: Upon capturing a Barbarian settlement that had at least two Barbarian Army units.

TURN 4-1-1 - It is Persia's turn! One action, one move remain.

Action Queue
- All Players: Optionally retire a leader or raze a size 1 city.
- Persia: Keep or raze camp?

On Table - Trojan Horse - Upon attacking a player city, the attacking player may pay 1 Culture and 1 Wood to prevent the defender from playing any Combat cards the first combat round. This card is then kept by the player and is worth 1 VP.
On Table - Great Architect - The first player to pay 1 Culture may, as an action, both: a) Reveal all Wonders, b) get any one Advance listed as a requirement on an available Wonder card at no Food cost.
On Table - Great Scientist - The first player to pay 1 Culture may, as an action, both: a) Gain a free Science advance, b) Gain 2 Ideas.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

No raze/retire.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Keep Barbarian camp.

3.) Purchase Great Architect. Free advance is Navigation.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Triskelli posted:

3.) Purchase Great Architect.. Free Advance is Navigation.

Iiiii'm 99% sure that you have to still follow the laws of gaining advances.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Oh, then Fishing.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Oh, then Fishing.

Sorry, I mean - I'm pretty sure that you're only allowed to use that guy to get Irrigation, Philosophy, Cartography, Priesthood, Rituals, Monuments, or Siegecraft. If you don't have the prereq for one of those advances, you can't get it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Shoot, uh...

Scratch that #3, here's a revised order.

Keep Barbarian Camp

Play Good Ideas for two free ideas.

Advance Monuments, and reserve the Great Lighthouse.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 1, 2017

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

Sorry, I mean - I'm pretty sure that you're only allowed to use that guy to get Irrigation, Philosophy, Cartography, Priesthood, Rituals, Monuments, or Siegecraft. If you don't have the prereq for one of those advances, you can't get it.

Darn. I still have all these engineering advances I have nothing to do with!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Turn 4-1-2 - Greece
1. Activate Olympus to collect, +3 food.
2. Advance Philosophy, -2 food, +1 idea, Mood scale +1, +1 mood token.
3. Great Scientist: advance Mathematics, +3 ideas (1 extra from Philosophy), Culture scale +1, +1 culture token.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Egypt 4-1
1. Activate Egyptopolis, collect 2 food and 2 ore
2. Settler at B6 founds the new city of Egyptville.
3. Civic improvement, spend 1 wood/food/ore (Rituals) to make Egyptburg and Egyptville happy

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 1, 2017

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Sorry for the confused orders last night, but I've got it all straightened out. Just in case Stelas doesn't see the revision I want to play my Good Ideas action card for two Ideas, keep the camp and rename it Susa, then advance Monuments with 2 Ideas for +1 Culture and to reserve the Great Lighthouse.

So I guess everybody's turtling a little bit this game, huh? Can't believe I had to rob convince some barbarians of the fiscal abilities of the Persian banks!

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 1, 2017

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
How are those objective numbers so strange? have people been trading them and I missed it?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Istvun posted:

How are those objective numbers so strange? have people been trading them and I missed it?

Stelas is reporting [completed objectives]/[incomplete objectives]. Persia, Greece, and Egypt all have 4 objectives total, Japan has a 5th objective from Writing because they've unlocked a government.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Japan's is where it needs to be with 4 turns +1 for Writing and a government advance, but yeah I currently have two completed objectives and two incomplete ones. Any trading is supposed to happen on the table.

Incidentally Egypt Great White, I have an objective for researching all Science advances, do you have any objectives you don't feel you can complete quickly?

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 1, 2017

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Straight White Shark posted:

Stelas is reporting [completed objectives]/[incomplete objectives]. Persia, Greece, and Egypt all have 4 objectives total, Japan has a 5th objective from Writing because they've unlocked a government.

Ah, read those as ratios.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

Ah, read those as ratios.

There didn't really seem to be a point in listing 'total' objectives because once an objective card is complete it's basically just gone.

Update in a bit, rather a frantic day.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4-1-1 - It is Persia's turn! One action, one move remain.

Persia plays Good Ideas:

Good Ideas posted:

Play after defeating an enemy Army or taking over a city, including Barbarians. Gain 2 Idea resources.

Persia reserves the Lighthouse for itself! ... and gains 1 Mood, for Free Education.

TURN 4-1-2 - It is Greece's turn!

Greece has to pay 1 Culture to use the Great Scientist, so the Culture part of that action evens out.

TURN 4-1-3 - It is Egypt's turn!

Okay, I think we're up to date. I was a bit blitzed this update, too much work stuff, so please double-check my work.

TURN 4-1-4 - It is Japan's turn!

Reserved - Lighthouse (Persia)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Move: Emperor to Nara, then army stack (without emperor) to E3, using roads - 1 food to move twice, 1 ore to ignore the terrain.

Play Inspiration to copy Steel Weapons, paying 2 ore. (Not an action.)

Move army stack to D2. Let's have us a scrum. (We'll figure out the third action afterwards.)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 2, 2017

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Bring it weaboo scum :black101:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4-1-4 - It is Japan's turn! Two moves, one action remain.

:siren: War breaks out in the north-west! :siren:

Japan plays no Combat Card.
Egypt plays High Morale:

High Morale posted:

Army/Ship/Fortress: Gain +2 CV this round.

Japanese Forces: 2 Army + 2 Cavalry = 4d6+4 = Enough to win automatically!
Egypt Defenders: 1 Army + High Morale = 1d6+2 = 3! 0 hits!

Egypt's defenders are routed!

Action Queue
- Japan: Continue turn.
- Egypt: Apothecary?

Stelas fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 2, 2017

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Activate Nara, using Husbandry to reach the irrigated barrens. Food, Food, Wood, Ore

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Spend 1 food for Egyptburg apoth.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Egypt quickly heals up their wounded troop for 1 Food.

TURN 4-2-1 - It is Persia's turn!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

+1 gold from Banking

1.) Advance Fishing with two ideas (+1 mood from Public Ed.)

2. Civic Improvement on Susa, bringing it to Happy.

As a free action, Activate Susa to build a Port with 1 ore, 1 food, 1 wood.

Spend 1 food for the free settler.

3.) Activate Babylon for 1 idea, 2 wood, and 1 food.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Persia learns Fishing and draws their last event:

Meeting of Academics posted:

All players receive 1 Idea for each of their cities that has an Academy or Apothecary. You receive a minimum of 2 Ideas. Barbarians appear! Pirates attack!

Persia gains 1 Idea, Japan gains 1 Idea. Thanks to Dogma, Egypt gets none due to being at limit already.

Susa is raided and must lose a resource.

Darius spends 2 Culture to increase Susa's size, gaining an extra settler.

TURN 4-2-2 - It is Greece's turn!

Action Queue
- Persia: Choose a resource to drop by 1 or spend a mood token.
- Persia: Spawn Barbarian Camp, place Barbarian Army unit.
- Persia: Choose which space will be your dock - this will be the space where any Ships will appear when built.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 4, 2017

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Wait, what?

Shouldn't Persia and I get 2 ideas? Persia gets 2 ideas minimum according to the text, and I have two qualifying cities (Apo in Nara, Academy in Kashi).

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Wait, what?

Shouldn't Persia and I get 2 ideas? Persia gets 2 ideas minimum according to the text, and I have two qualifying cities (Apo in Nara, Academy in Kashi).

Er, yes, sorry - that'll be fixed next image. I totally missed the minimum of 2, and also your Apothecary. The expansion pieces really don't look all that unique to me.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'll drop a gold for the pirates. Have the Port face F-14, throw the Barb camp on F-12 and an extra infantry unit on that. Enjoy the two gold, Frankenfreak.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Post above is edited to reflect the new stuff.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Turn 4-2-2 - Greece
1. Play CITY GROWTH. Pay 1 culture to increase city size of Roma, placing an academy at no resource cost. Gain 2 ideas.
2. Move Alexander and the armies to E11, move the settler from Roma to D10, move the settler from Olympus to C11.
3. Advance Bartering for 2 ideas.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It was boardgame meetup day!

Greece plays City Growth:

City Growth posted:

Pay 1 Culture token to play. As an action, you may activate a city and increase its size at no resource cost. Other rules (number of cities, etc) still apply.

And all that other stuff happens.

TURN 4-2-3 - It is Egypt's turn!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Egypt 4-2

1. Activate Egyptopolis to collect 2 food and 1 ore
2. Activate Egyptburg to build 2 infantries for 2 food and 2 ore, gain 1 mood (Nationalism via MAN GOD)
3. Activate Egyptburg again, dropping its mood, to increase city size with a temple for 2 mood (Architecture). Gain 1 mood from the temple. Gain Conversion (Dogma.)
4. Spend 2 mood for an extra action from Absolute Power (via MAN GOD.) Move all 4 infantry in Egyptburg southeast C1->D2 and attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Egypt's forces assault the Japanese invaders!

Egypt plays Archers:

Archers posted:

Army: Prior to the combat roll, you may make a free combat roll. This roll only uses basic d6, and scores a maximum of one hit.

Japan plays High Ground:

High Ground posted:

Army/Fortress: If you roll any 6s this round they may be rolled again, adding both results to your CV. Cannot be used when attacking cities.

Egyptian Archers: 4 Armies = 4d6 = 16! 1 hit! One Cavalry is taken out.

Egyptian Offence: 4 Armies = 4d6 = 11! 2 hits!
Japanese Defence: 2 Armies, 1 Cavalry + High Ground = 3d6+2, 6s explode = (1 4 6 3) = 16! 3 hits!

Egypt may choose whether to press the attack for another round.

• Locked thread