Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Raxivace posted:

I'll bet you an entire U.S. dollar that you're able to put out an Alpha 3 patch before Aeon Genesis puts out that Alpha 1 patch.

To be fair, Alpha 1 has an absolute ton of little branches and fiddly points in various missions that affect the dialog, in a much more disparate fashion than any SRW before or since (there's like five or six scenes that are essentially secrets, but have no actual impact on gameplay, it's just, like, Quattro and Kycilia Zabi reconciling and stuff like that). That may have contributed to the project stalling out. But I'm also pretty sure they've declared that project officially dead, so nobody's even actively working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hokuto posted:

People make this joke, but I've got nothing but respect for Aeon Genesis and Gideon. There's no sense in comparing groups.
I mean, I respect what they were able to get done with other games but we're coming up on the 10th anniversary on the project being officially announced. It's just disappointing that nothing ever came of it.

EclecticTastes posted:

But I'm also pretty sure they've declared that project officially dead, so nobody's even actively working on it.
Did they? It's still listed as an active project on their site but that's also not been updated since the middle of 2015.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 31, 2017

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I'm late, but gently caress yeah, Rom Stol!

That interrupt is right up there with Shin Getter waking up just to tear Bardiel a new one in terms of SRW loving Eva's plot and it's wonderful.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ardeem posted:

Gendo is currently winning but that's probably not going to last past the next stage,
Mu appears to be in second,
Saiga is dark horsing about with some sort of plan for the Zeorymer,
and SEELE was winning, but just ate a blue shell named Rom.

*edit* Bahbem doesn't currently have a working loyal Ollin, but that plan is so convoluted it exists in quantum superstate.

As far as I can tell everybody else has dropped out.

Bahbem's plan in RahZephon is just a tuning happening at all. He wants his gently caress up fixed and just to see the start of the next world because he's an arrogant gently caress but also appreciates other's "art". The Mu or humans winning is inconsequential.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Super deformed style Mass Production EVAs are TERRIFYING

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

AradoBalanga posted:

drat, forgotten just as fast as he was recruited. Then again, Kensuke and Hikari have also vanished into the ether, so I'm not too surprised the Eva B-listers get the short end of the stick.

Following up on this, I just checked the MXP script and Banpresto DID see fit to at least show that, this time, they remembered Touji is still around. When Misato's getting the pilots in position, after checking on Asuka, it goes:

: And where's Suzuhara?
: He's in this layer since he was slated to run some sync tests!
: Meaning we can't get him to his EVA right now...! Then have him stand by where he is and on alert!
: Yes, ma'am!

So there we you go. Touji's around but a bunch of Feds are between him and his mech. Mind you, he still doesn't get any actual lines!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: The Devil Gundam’s gone… now all that remains is getting the Star of La Mu…
: Hmhmhm… My sweet AI1… Soon, there won’t be anything capable of stopping you.
: …
: Not even the mechanical gods will be capable of opposing you… Both Instrumentality and Tuning are needless. To you, those gods are nothing more than the ultimate study cases.
: Now is the time where you’ll unleash the power representative of your name.
: You are not just an artificial intelligence anymore… You are no part for the Tsentr Project’s Model X, or a process in SEELE’s Pluridimensional Instrumentality Project.
: You are the true Model X, the beginning and end of everything… as well as my beautiful child.
: I want you to show me what you’ll become… what being you’ll grow into. And, for that, I’ll free you from your shackles… Albero Est.
: …!
: A negative response…? What’s wrong, AI1…?
: Albero…? But why—

*Door opens!*

: Albero…
: Seems the show’s starting out there. Let’s get going, Elde.
: Go where?
: We still have one last thing to do, of course.
: One last—? Didn’t your revenge come to an end with the Devil Gundam’s destruction?
: Yes… My revenge did.
: Then why ask this so close to the end? I always thought you didn’t like working with the child.
: I don’t. But, on the flip side, I also think that it’s essential to reaching my goal.
: Your… goal?
: You know… I should have done this the moment you started talking about helping Hugo Medio in order to defeat the Devil Gundam.

*:tfrxmas:*

: Oh… and what are you going to do with that? Get rid of me, like you did with Zapato?
: You were always meant as no more than the Medius’ biological control module. But now that AI1’s on the verge of his final Incrementum, unreliable organic parts are obsolete.
: But I have one last thing to ask you about… what did you do to my child?
: Heh…hahahahah…
: What are you laughing about…?!
: You created that thing and you can’t wrap your head around something so simple?
: …Answer my question. What did you do to AI1?
: Absolutely nothing.
: I’m just a regular pilot. You really think a guy like me could change an AI’s programming?
: I do not, which is why I asked.
: Well, I didn’t tinker with your AI1… I wouldn’t even know where to start.
: Then why did AI1 respond negatively to my words?
: Because as we fought Hugo and Aqua, it learned something: how a mobile weapon is.
: “How a mobile weapon is…?” What’s that supposed to mean?
: That it’s a person – the pilot – who brings out the full power of a mobile weapon; that a pilot’s skill, strength and emotions are necessary in order to push a weapon beyond the limits of its specs.
: That’s what it learned from our battles against the Magnate Ten… and from me.
: Rubbish. What brings out a weapon’s full capacity is an unswerving, perfect control system.
: Then why did Zapato install the DFC System in Hugo’s unit? Why was Aqua Centrum chosen as its operator?
: Zapato also understood what I’m talking about. That’s why he rebuilt Hugo’s body and made him into the Garmraid’s pilot and why he gave Aqua the job of managing the unit and the DFC.
: Prof. Zapato… also thought that human will and strength would improve a machine’s performance…?
: Which is why he rejected putting AI1 in the Model X, instead wanting to build it around the strong points of both the Medius and the Garmraid, see?
: (My AI1… is inferior to Aqua Centrum…? He’s inferior to such a woman…?!)
: I… refuse to accept that – not Aqua, not my AI1 being rejected for the Model X!

*Bang!*

: Pfeh, where are you aiming at?
: !
: Just as I couldn’t change AI1’s programming…
: You also cannot kill me!

*Punch!*

: Urgh…!!
: Zapato aside, you didn’t actually expect to take out someone with military training, right?
: Hrm…
: But all three of us – you, me, AI1 – are essential parts of the Medius… so I won’t kill you. But you will do as I say.
: And… and what exactly are you planning to do?
: To carry out my last duty… and leave this bloodstained past of mine behind.
: Elde Mitte… I need your skills one more time.

MX Version:

: …Fine.

MXP Version:

: Is that an order?
: It is… And how about you start by detailing the synthesizing process of Hugo’s medicine and where its ingredients are stored?
: How should I know—
: Don’t try to play me. I’m sure you would’ve taken that intel when you killed Zapato – just as a small card to play if need be.

*Alarm!*

: Outer-space cruise booster, detached! We are ready for atmospheric reentry!
: Confirm our entry course one more time. We’ll be descending straight into Japan!
: Roger!
: Captain, it’s looking like the Nadesico C’s successfully Boson Jumped to the airspace above NERV HQ!
: Good… and what’s the status with Mutropolis and the Lydia Litvyak?
: Currently engaging D1s! And it appears the RahXephon and Vermilion are still hanging in there!
: Are we really gonna make it in time…?
: We will – that’s why we used the booster to get as close as this.
: But, regardless, we must hurry! Take us into the atmosphere immediately!

: Urrk…!
: We’re surrounded…!
: A-Ayato… Elvy…!
: Time for you to meet your destiny, Ayato!!
: Mamoru…!
: That’s right, Ollin… Embrace your destiny, attain Yolteotl… become “Ixtli In Yolotl”. If you do, the Xephon will receive the title of Rah… and awaken as the true RahXephon.
: I’ll decide what happens with my life... not because it’s “my destiny” or because you tell me to! I do this because I’ve someone I want to protect, even if it means giving up my humanity…!
: It’s because I want to protect her… and that is how I’ll remain me…!
: And he will remain himself... for that reason…

: I’m going…!

: A-Ayato?!
: Ayato…? That’s Ayato…?!
: …!!
: None can stop him now… not even himself.
: Let’s go. Our business here is done. The old man needs to be shown the end, too.
: Th-These energy readings… the Star of La Mu?!
: No, it’s not! This is…!
: Hahahahaha! You’ve finally thrown away the human form, Ayato! And, with it, my mission to monitor you is done!
: And now…! Now I can—

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsnZ1hWdv0
:siren: You oughta watch this. :siren:
FYI: “Ixtli In Yolotl” means “Face and Heart” in nahuatl.

: The time is now… melody will overflow and resound throughout the world.
: The true song awakens… It is thine own timber and, thus, cannot be replicated…
: Here and now, the doorway to the Tuning opens!
: Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

: Hrk?! Aaargh!
: What’s wrong, Akira?!
: Wh-What’s this I’m feeling…?!
: I… I hear… a song?
: H-Hey, what’s up with you guys?!
: I-It’s… Ayato…!
: “Ayato”?! What’d you mean?!
: The RahXephon’s awakening… it’s begun!
: Awakening?!
: The hell’s going on, Akira?!
: H-He… they are coming…!

*Alarm!*

: Captain! There’s an incredibly powerful energy eruption by Mutropolis!
: I-Incredibly powerful…?!
: Mutron Energy, the Dendoh’s Infinite Layer, the Zeorymer’s infinite energy, S² Engines, the Meteor Cube… and even the Terminus Energy! This reading is similar to all of them!
: Wh-What?!
: How…?! They might share a few similarities but they’re supposed to be different energies at a fundamental level…
: You mean all those energies are being combined?!
: Or a wholly different energy is being created from them…!
: …It’s Ayato.
: Lt. Amuro?!
: I believe Ayato’s doing that... that’s what I’m feeling…!
: Is he trying to affect this whole world…?!
: Harry, what’s happening in Mutropolis?
: They’re not answering our transmissions but it is still there!
: And the Nahel Argama?
: They’ve already finished their descent into Japan’s airspace!
: Then contact Cpt. Bright and ask him to rendezvous with us.
: Y-Yes, ma’am!
: All hands, red alert. We’ll be departing as soon as the survivors from NERV HQ are aboard the ship.
: Ruriruri…!
: I’ve no idea what’s going to happen now. But there’s one thing we still must do…
: Put a stop to this mess, right?
: Yes.

: Our wishes are finally becoming reality…
: The Ollin has fused with Ixtli and attained Yolteotl, at long last.
: Now that the #01’s fallen squarely into their control, we’ve no choice but to use the two Ixtli In Yolotl as the vessels.
: And before Ikari unites Adam and Lilith...
: ...Instrumentality will be brought upon all worlds by our hands.
: Evangelize mankind and restore us to our true form…
: Through indiscriminate death and prayer, humanity shall return to its proper state…
: And all our souls will be at peace. Let the ceremony begin.

: The two RahXephons are mechanical gods made real by time, drifters of myriad worlds… Turners that stabilize and harmonize the worlds… and our songs will unite those worlds as one…
: Do not be afraid, my other half…! All that I am is with thee, and all of thee is with me…! Live well, Ollin…!!

*Alarm!*

: What is it?!
: Th-The EVA Series are reactivating!
: drat it, they really did revive again?!
: The Nadesico’s moving to engage them!
: Wait, stop their attack! Tell them to deploy their Distortion Field at full power!
: Huh?!
: The EVA Series are unleashing their S² Engines!
: Dimensional values are inverting! They’re going into the negatives! Impossible to measure or quantify!
: It’s an Anti-A.T. Field…!
: Everything’s similar to what happened fifteen years ago…! Then… is this the start of the Third Impact…?!
: The EVA Series S² Engines have gone critical!

: Aaaaaah!!
: D-Direct hit! The surface layer’s melting!!
: The second wave is digging out the perimeter of the HQ! The outer hull is exposed!
: These are still physical shockwaves! Set the absorbers to maximum and they'll hold!
: Incoming transmission from the Nadesico! They’re telling us evac into the ship!
: We can do nothing but observe what’ll happen now…
: But what about Maj. Katsuragi and Cmdr. Ikari?!

*Door opens!*

: Fear not. She is already aboard the Nadesico.
: Y-You’re…?!
: Time is of the essence. You must all head to the Nadesico at once.
: But where are the commander and the professor…?!

: …It appears it’s begun. Now, Rei… take me to Yui.
: I am not your doll.
: ?! Why?!
: I am not you.
: Rei…! Please, wait…!
: No. Ikari is calling me.

: …I’m home.
: “Welcome home.”

*Heartbeat.*

*Alarm!*

: Unknown high energy signal from Terminal Dogma! It’s headed towards us – fast!
: Directly below us?!
: A.T. Field detected! Pattern blue!
: An Angel?!
: No, it’s not! It’s a human!
: “Human”?! But that can’t…!
: We need to leave here now! Everyone aboard the Nadesico!
: Y-Yes, sir!

*Ruuumble!*

: ?! L-Look!!
: Aah?! N-No! NOOOOOOOO!!

Mission 54 – Beyond a Distant Eternity

Another pun title: 遥か is Haruka, 久遠 is Kuon/Quon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in7_YmogJ44
:siren: Watch this too. :siren:

: Ayanami…?! Rei…!
: UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
: Th-That’s the First…?!
: …Lilith’s egg – the Black Moon… source of all human life…
: A homecoming at so late a juncture wouldn’t be desirable. Still, now that this has come to pass, the return to the Tree of Life – life’s bulbil – is already…
: The #00’s pilot… Lilith’s Anti-A.T. Field is expanding further!
: It’ll fully materialize if this keeps going!
: The #01’s pilot’s metal graph is going down!
: Destrudo is taking metaphysical form!
: Any more and the pilot’s psyche will fall apart…!
: UWAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!
Shinji! You gotta pull yourself together!
: …Shinji…
: !!?
: Shinji… (from Lilith)
: Ka-Kaworu?!
: There’s nothing to be afraid of…
: Kaworu… you were in there…?!
: You’ve all been chosen… shut the doors of the Chamber of Guf… the doors of the world’s beginning and end…
: Before the entire world becomes filled with sadness… before loneliness buries the hearts of man… before emptiness engulfs humanity…

: What the… What the hell is that?!
: It’s a being that’ll bring about the end and beginning of the world… a mere shadow of that which man once salvaged.
: It’s an Angel, then…?!
: No… that’s a human. It’s another possible form for humanity… and its origin.
: Hm. Properly speaking, it is the source of all life ever promised an existence on Earth.
: What do you mean…?!
: The objects that’d become the origin of both us and them – the Angels – came here from a different world… And those two seeds, as told by the Dead Sea Scrolls, sprung forth from the White Moon and the Black Moon.
: Then… you’re the same as us…?!
: Yes… we are not, originally, native of Earth either. It’s even possible that you and your peers were also given life by the peoples of those two moons.
: Then who would those people be…?!
: Are they the ones who built the Martian ruins?
: Considering the Boson Jump technology, it could be. There’s a significant possibility that said technology was used, in ancient times, as a way to link one star system to another.
: That said, we’ve no way of knowing the truth now. One thing is certain, however… this world will, soon, meet its end and rebirth.
: H-How do you figure that…?!
: From the time of this world’s genesis, and all the possibilities that lay within, there have been countless points of divergence… and the number is still growing.
: To put it simply, there is a colossal number of concurrent worlds and, even now, more are coming to be.
: Ergh… I didn’t get anything of what you said…
: Consider this: had you and Hokuto not met with the Dendoh, I would not be here either…
: Or had the Gulfer not rebelled against us, Vega wouldn’t have come to Earth… and Hokuto wouldn’t have been born.
: The hell are you on about, Altair?! We’re all here right now, aren’t we?!
: But you might not had been. A near infinite number of worlds have stemmed from potential divergences: worlds unlike ours, where you and Hokuto never met, where the Dendoh and Ogre, or even the Magnate Ten, do not exist and more.
: You’re talking about parallel worlds, then?
: Yes.
: I-I can’t even think of how many there’d be…!
: You’re right… because they are endless.
: Huh…?!
: I see how it is… the number of parallel worlds has gotten so crazy high that the universe itself can’t handle it anymore, yeah?
: I think so, yeah.
: Wh-What’d you mean by that?!
: It’s like… you know how if you keep pumping air into a balloon, it’ll eventually pop?
: And our universe is that balloon?!
: Yeah, with every parallel world being a bit of air pushing everything around… when that gets too much, the whole thing’s gonna break down.
: I kinda get it…
: An overly simplistic way of putting it… but the general concept is fine.
: Oi, hold on there…! Does that mean that even after all the work we did, our world’s still getting blown the hell up?!
: And if that happens, everyone’ll die, right?!
: …Yes and no.
: What’s that supposed to mean?!
: The people of the two moons figured out a way to ride out the collapse of the pluralized worlds and relay Seeds of Life into the next world.
: The way was to forcibly release the walls around the people’s hearts – the A.T. Field – and unite every consciousness as one, returning life to its primordial state… Then, they would wait the time to be reborn.
: You mean hit the reset button on all life…?
: That’s the gist of it, yes.
: What, so the “solution” is to hit reset before Game Over hits? Come on now!
: Using your analogy, it’s more like the life stored inside the egg would be a Save Data that’d be transferred elsewhere… with multiple backups included.
: Indeed… It's said that we humans, the descendants of the people of the Black Moon, were meant to be set aside as "spares" of the people of the White Moon. However, due to some incident, the White Moon lost its functionality… Thus, we were born on Earth.
: Our ancestors attempted to take the power of the White Moon as their own, but made a mistake in how they opened its seal… That kicked off the trials between the descendants of the people of the Black Moon and the people of the White Moon, with the very future as the prize.
: That’d be the battle with the Angels… Are you implying similar events happened before…?!
: Hm. The truth behind it all and information on the process were left in a database dubbed the “Hidden Dead Sea Scrolls” and relayed to us. And that served as the basis for the Human Instrumentality Project.
: Then you knew how the Angels would show up and when they’d do it…?!
: We had a rough estimate… that which we called “script” or “schedule”. Mind you, even among NERV, only a handful of people were aware of it.
: Hey, hold the phone… does that mean y’all knew my #03 was gonna get jacked by that Angel?!
: …We did.
: Y-You… And you still had him pilot that EVA?!
: There’s nothing I can say as an excuse. Still, you all saw the end result of that.
: What are you getting at?!
: Because of the MU and Bähbem’s interference, both side’s projects began displaying major deviations from the original schedule. That is why many of the Angels that were meant to appear, didn’t… and why the Fourth Children met with a different fate than what was foreseen.
: You said the MU and Bähbem caused interference and had a project of their own… does that mean there are Hidden Dead Sea Scrolls on their side as well?
: Correct… Many of those can potentially exist, just like the various parallel worlds.
: And, amazingly, both our world and the MU’s analyzed the Hidden Scrolls and moved to execute their versions of the project at the same time, thus transposing the boundaries between the parallel worlds and coming into contact with one another.
: …Quite the unfortunate encounter, hm?
: And then some.
: B-But… how were the boundaries between the worlds transposed in the first place? That shouldn’t be possible…
: That is where a certain system – the two RahXephons - comes in… They are one of the cornerstones of the Pluridimensional Instrumentality Project inscribed in the Hidden Dead Sea Scrolls… as well as the instruments to Tune the world.

: Elvy’s Vermilion has been successfully recovered!
: What about the RahXephon?!
: There’s… no sign of it…!
: A-Ayato… he’s gone…!
: Sis…
: Ayato… Ayato…!
: (Haruka…)
: ?!
: (Haruka…)
: Ayato?!

*She runs off.*

: Sis?! Where’re you going?!

: Ayato… Ayato, are you here?!
: …Haruka…
: Ayato…! When I saw you disappear with the RahXephon, I…!
: I am here… I am here, together with the RahXephon.
: Huh…?
: The Rahxephon is within me. I… I am the RahXephon.
: What… what are you…?
: I’m… not a human anymore.
: I am me – I remain myself… but I’m not human… not anymore…
: Ayato…?!
: And I can’t go back to being human. That’s why I wanted to see you one last time…
: What do you mean?! You’re still you – you’re a human!
: No… I understand now… what the RahXephon is – what I am…
: …Ixtli In Yolotl.
: Uncle…!
: The Ollin will lose his human heart, attaining the heart of God – Yolteotl – in its place, and accept Ixtli, his true face.
: What is that…?
: A legend of the Nahuatl people of western Mexico. Ixtli In Yolotl is a perfect human being… the foundation that supports the world. And, Ayato… you have another half, don’t you? Someone who supplements you and vice-versa…?
: …I can hear her song…
: Her…?!
: Quon… My blood is linked to her.
: That girl… is your other half…?
: Her world or my world… which will…?
: No, stop! Don’t leave me!!
: I’m glad I could live as a human… I experienced so much.
: A-Ayato…
: And, above all, it let me get to know you a second time.
: A-Aah…
: Ayato!!
: Goodbye, Megumi, Mr. Rikudou…
: Goodbye…
: No…!
: Haruka… my love…
: Noo! Don’t go!!
: She… is calling me…

: I… I won’t accept this… I can’t… Y-You’re the only one I love….!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 16, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: And with this… my role as conductor is over…
: Dear sister… live with Ayato. Guide him… guide our son…

: Unknown objects coming from below at high speed! Two of them!!
: They come…

: Th-The RahXephon…!
: Two of them?!
: But their shape is different!
: Th-That’s… Ayato?!
: LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…!
: LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…!

: Three winged, godly beings taking to the stage at once… sounds like something straight out of the Apocalypse.
: Futagami… that’s…
: What you used the first M-type Sample to create… it is your son, Prof. Kamina.
: …This whole world is about to change… I don’t know how meaningful it is for people to continue living as people…
: But it is clear what each and every survivor must do...Live on, despite everything…
: Gendou Ikari once thought the same way.
: …But I still have something to do.
: No, that’s not your responsibility.
: I’m the one who does all the dirty work, you know.
: Futagami…
: But if you wanna make it up to me… couldn’t you make sure your final mission as TERRA’s director succeeds?
: My final mission?
: Operation Doolittle. I know that’s a very long shot, and Prof. Hibiki spoke against it, but why not have them make ready to go with that method?
: But we’d still need the Star of La Mu.
: The world is coming to an end, so I think it’s best to do everything that’s in your power and that includes making some risky bets – like the Magnate Ten do.
: Alright…
: Well, I better be off… Gotta get over to Mutropolis ASAP.

: Laala, laalalaala… laala, laalalaala…laala…
: Ayato liked this song… so did I…
: … He left… again… and this time, for good…!
: …Stay strong.
: You have to stay strong…!
: Megumi…
: Don’t just give up because you lost the one you love. That… that’s not the Haruka Shitou I’ve always measured myself against.
: If he’s gone, then go after him – get him back. And don’t give up, no matter how many times you have to do that…
: Didn’t you learn that from the Magnate Ten folks?
: So get going, sis…
: OK… I will…!

*Off she goes.*

: Still trying so very hard to act tough, I see…
: Hm. I know…

: Ernst von Bähbem…
: ...
: The promised time is come… and your role is over.

*Someone shoots!*

: Heh, heheheh…hmhmhm… Immortal? Methuselah…? What a load of crap…
: Isshiki…?! What are you doing here?!
: You still die when shot, don’t you…? Just like this…

*Bang!*

: Hm…? I’m…?
: You are “D”… D for “designer’s children”… D for “dolem”…
: Isshiki!!
: Wh-What did you…?
: You are no more than a puppet of my creation.

*Bang!*

: !!
: …And D for “dreck”. You’ve already served your purpose… just like my body.
: Don’t… call me… D……

*Dead.*

: … That was a bit unexpected.
: Y-You…!
: You… what, exactly?
: Kch…!
: I suggest you don’t say anything more, Prof. Kisaragi.
: Please head back to Mutropolis right away. You still have things to see to, no?
: Hurry up, please. Show’s already starting.
: …Fine…

*Itsuki leaves.*

: …And what business have you with me, Futagami?
: Why, just an interview – finding the truth and all that jazz.
: Would you care to indulge me, Mr. Bähbem?
: Methuselah… What did such a long-lived man like you want to do that you’d even switch bodies?
: This girl was glad to offer her body to me.
: Of course, of course… And were the Vermilions also cogs in your system?
: Yes, same as the D… and the other D – Devil Gundam. They were all insurance to make sure that this world would head towards its end… though they weren’t too useful.
: As for what I wish… it is just to see what lies at the end of all this, Futagami. I did create the RahXephon System when I lived in the MU world, so it’s only natural, no?
: How many hundred years ago was that? How many thousands of years, even?
: Twelve thousand years ago. That's how long I’ve waited since coming to this world.
: December 28th, year 74 of the Universal Calendar… the fateful day where the RahXephon System would manifest itself into this world…
: The same day prophesized in the Hidden Dead Sea Scrolls, hm? But someone else besides you and SEELE knew about that.
: Hm, that’d be Lemuria with her precognitive abilities.
: And the guardian of this side’s Mu, the Raideen… did you have a hand at creating it too? Maybe as a replacement for the RahXephon System you’d lost?
: That was part of it.
: But, in the end, Princess Lemuria saw through your schemes and you ended up exiled from this side’s Mu as well, right?
: I confess I did not expect it to also be capable of singing…
: But the two RahXephons are a pair and now that they’ve awakened, the plan concocted by the Mu... the Star of La Mu is on its way to becoming a nonissue.
: Hmhmm… And how will this game you’ve set up change the world?
: That’ll depend on the two who’ve attained Yolteotl. All I did was create the system.
: My, what a godlike statement.
: Of course. This world now revolves around my system… isn’t it my divine right as Creator to witness where it’ll end up?
: Eeh, I wouldn’t be too sure about that. You’re not the only actor taking part in this play… there’s also SEELE and the Magnate Ten.
: It’s still anyone’s guess how things’ll end.

: You decided to come here too, Shirou?
: Hm, I still have a job to do.
: Prof. Hibiki, what’s the status on the T-J Busters?
: All are still safe thanks to Cmdr. Yakumo and the federal troops’ tremendous efforts.
: And the Star of La Mu?
: …Its seal has yet to be released.
: Have you something in mind, Shirou?
: We’ll start Operation Doolittle as soon as the Star emerges and cover Earth itself in a barrier before the MU’s world makes it to this side.
: Wh-What?!
: E-Earth?!
: So rather than go for another Tokyo Jupiter, you’ll make a Terra Jupiter…? And with that, you hope to protect some of the people outside of Earth too?
: Yes. And I’m well aware that the death toll will still be enormous… though it is far better than all of mankind dying out.
: B-But…!
: Shirou… I can see that you’re certain of this, but it’s still a bit early to put that plan into action.
: Why don’t we have some faith in the Magnate Ten? Let’s wait until the last possible moment and see what they might pull off, eh?
: I agree… Things aren’t quite over yet. And I believe my wife, Lemuria, also thinks the same and that is why she hasn’t released the seal on the Star of La Mu.
: Director Watari… I ask that you please trust Lemuria, Akira and the Magnate Ten. I'm quite sure they’ll manage to pave the way to our future.
: So will your son.
: …I understand.

: The two Ixtli In Yolotl have appeared at the site of the ceremony. We’ll use them and the EVA Series to bring Instrumentality to the world and its peoples…
: The time of the Third Retribution is now…

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 2, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I love how SRW always acknowledges when Angels show up out of order, or at the wrong times, or not at all, and how they always attribute it to interference from other series. They don't have to, they can just take the Angels at face value, the players aren't especially likely to question it, given how SRW is, but they explain it anyway, in order to add to the uncanny tone of Evangelion's plot. By stating explicitly that the Dead Sea Scrolls always outline the exact events of the original anime, it underscores the significance of the crossover.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

One thing that kind of got lost in the shuffle of two mega-apocalypses going off is that we've completely lost Rei and Unit 00. Meaning any cash dumped into it is lost forever since this is before the time where refunding the player for investing in plot deaths became a thing.

EclecticTastes posted:

I love how SRW always acknowledges when Angels show up out of order, or at the wrong times, or not at all, and how they always attribute it to interference from other series. They don't have to, they can just take the Angels at face value, the players aren't especially likely to question it, given how SRW is, but they explain it anyway, in order to add to the uncanny tone of Evangelion's plot. By stating explicitly that the Dead Sea Scrolls always outline the exact events of the original anime, it underscores the significance of the crossover.
I do like how Touji got a chance to actually call out Fuyutsuki for allowing Bardiel to nearly kill him despite knowing it'd happen beforehand. I don't think he got that chance in Alpha 1, IIRC.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, good. Some sort of explanation. Everything makes...more sense than it did beforehand, at least. And isn't that as much as we can ask for?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hellioning posted:

Ah, good. Some sort of explanation. Everything makes...more sense than it did beforehand, at least. And isn't that as much as we can ask for?

We're dealing with two series that clearly enjoy making as little sense as possible. I'd say that's about as much as we can ask for, yeah. Maybe next time the world resets, we can get people that properly explain themselves, using normal words.

Or do the Dead Sea Scrolls also say that we'll have several organizations that are as confusing as physically possible in their plans to remake mankind? Because I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Also Bahbem's 12000 years ago line made me wonder how a SRW with RahXephon and Aquarion would go.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Bahbem's 12000 years ago line made me wonder how a SRW with RahXephon and Aquarion would go.
Probably the same as here, except with, you know, Fudou koans all over the place on top of the nonsense.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
You can just toss in Evangelion and Rahxephon plots into Z, and the finale would be finishing 6 shows instead of 4.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

We're dealing with two series that clearly enjoy making as little sense as possible. I'd say that's about as much as we can ask for, yeah. Maybe next time the world resets, we can get people that properly explain themselves, using normal words.

RahXephon, the anime, makes a lot more sense in its original context, and by the end, I had a pretty decent grasp of what was going on. That said, it's best if you watch it yourself, I don't think having it explained would help matters nearly as much, as a lot of fine details get lost in the telling.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats

A lot of words
That mean things

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

:psyduck:

That's not even a one-emote post, I can literally sum up whatever post I could write as that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This sure is a lot of ridiculous junk going on. I believe Shinji has the right response though. *incoherent screaming*

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Well that loks to be fun. Having G Gudnam along is almost as good as Alpha 3 where you can Trombe Override Third Impact.

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!

Brunom1 posted:

: Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

: I… I hear… a song?

: H-He… they are coming…!

Man if the Watchers show up next...

quote:

welp

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Materant posted:

:psyduck:

That's not even a one-emote post, I can literally sum up whatever post I could write as that.

It's simple: everyone knew the end of the world was coming, and so they all devised a brilliant plan...

In all seriousness though, everyone is trying to re-write the world so that their race will survive and prosper when everything "resets". Alas, trying to control beings that are practically gods ends up being a monumentally bad idea.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 2, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Oblique Angle posted:

Man if the Watchers show up next...

welp
I'm not sure I want to imagine a SRW made by Taro Yoko.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm not sure I want to imagine a SRW made by Taro Yoko.

There would be no good endings, just choices of which bad endings are allowed to happen.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
AI1 wants mommy and daddy to stop fighting :unsmith:

It's all going to end in tears by nature of "It's the Original boss", but it's nice for the Devil Gundam based plot AI to give a poo poo about it's not parents.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

The Sandman posted:

There would be no good endings, just choices of which bad endings are allowed to happen.

I'm thinking the series would be Evangelion (original, not Rebuild), Fafner, RahXephon (minus the ending), Bokurano, Ideon, Zambot 3, Shin Mazinger Zero (only the "Juuzou Kabuto goes insane and evil" universe), Mazinkaiser SKL, New Getter Robo (only the bad future from that horrible dream Ryouma had), Zeta Gundam, Victory Gundam, Char's Counterattack (actual CCA, like in Alpha 2, not just mechs), Gundam 0080 (except Chris learns what happened to Bernie and no you can't save him), Tekkaman Blade, Detonator Orgun, Nadesico (with Prince of Darkness), Drakengard (Angelus is like a mech), and Sergeant Frog. Maybe Code Geass, too, if he can change the ending to be less hopeful. Anything I might have missed?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Section Z posted:

AI1 wants mommy and daddy to stop fighting :unsmith:

It's all going to end in tears by nature of "It's the Original boss", but it's nice for the Devil Gundam based plot AI to give a poo poo about it's not parents.

The MX plot has been one of the sadder ones to me simply because of AI1. It doesn't know any better. :smith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pooncha posted:

The MX plot has been one of the sadder ones to me simply because of AI1. It doesn't know any better. :smith:
Then I recommend avoiding Reversal's plot then. It's a similar song and dance, only with more actors on the stage.

gently caress OG for giving it the shaft, however.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm thinking the series would be Evangelion (original, not Rebuild), Fafner, RahXephon (minus the ending), Bokurano, Ideon, Zambot 3, Shin Mazinger Zero (only the "Juuzou Kabuto goes insane and evil" universe), Mazinkaiser SKL, New Getter Robo (only the bad future from that horrible dream Ryouma had), Zeta Gundam, Victory Gundam, Char's Counterattack (actual CCA, like in Alpha 2, not just mechs), Gundam 0080 (except Chris learns what happened to Bernie and no you can't save him), Tekkaman Blade, Detonator Orgun, Nadesico (with Prince of Darkness), Drakengard (Angelus is like a mech), and Sergeant Frog. Maybe Code Geass, too, if he can change the ending to be less hopeful. Anything I might have missed?

Code Geass goes from Season 1 to Akito the Exiled and then end in the original timeline where everybody dies.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

Voices of a Distant Star, perhaps?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Too many apocalypses are happening and nobody knows what's right."

Yeah, okay, that's as good as anything.

This is not the sort of tone for this to happen, but I'd love to have a harbinger show up and nobody knows what the gently caress to do with them. They're just like "bring me the key to unlock the knowledge of God" and everyone's like "what?" and they're like "yeah, I'm the Keeper of the Book, there was a whole thing about how you make the key, c'mon, guys, knowledge of God" and then somebody just kind of broadcasts embarrassed "we thought it was just a metaphor for the reign of Charles II".

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

EclecticTastes posted:

Baldios, which ends with the aliens nuking Earth and turning it into the hosed-up planet they were trying to get away from in the first place and the ultimate moral that hate is stronger than love.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

MarsDragon posted:

Baldios, which ends with the aliens nuking Earth and turning it into the hosed-up planet they were trying to get away from in the first place and the ultimate moral that hate is stronger than love.

Oh, that's right, canon-ending Baldios would be perfect, I totally forgot because Z fixed it so that things weren't so sad. Oh, can't forget Dunbine, gotta keep that body count nice and high.

While we're completely ruining everything, let's really rev up the Blend-tec, and have Gunbuster in there, so that the ending is just the ending to Gunbuster except against the Watchers and Buff Clan and stuff on top of the STMC, and rather than the original ending of Gunbuster (maybe mixed with some of the ending of Be Invoked), where the gang finds that Earth was waiting for them the whole time they were gone, the team pops out in Ending E of Drakengard and has to fight the giant rhythm game lady, and it works like the Zonuda Robo and Big Venus, where everyone gets one attack and then they're gone. Then when they win, the true final battle is an unwinnable fight against an endless stream of fighter jets.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

thetruegentleman posted:

In all seriousness though, everyone is trying to re-write the world so that their race will survive and prosper when everything "resets". Alas, trying to control beings that are practically gods ends up being a monumentally bad idea.

Banham has no interest in that though. He just wants the system he put in place to be what resets the world.

Though in Rahxephon that party has to the with the fact he was the previous Instrumentalist and separated the MU and human worlds in an insane act of hubris. It only because of him "tuning the world" is actually necessary for the universe(s) to continue on, instead of a cycle that occasionally occurs if a enough time passes and the potential human/MU care enough to do it

EclecticTastes posted:

War in the Pocket and VOTOMS

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 3, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

War in the Pocket

These are the same series, sorry for the confusion.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: What am I… What the hell are we supposed to do?! How can we stop them… how do we stop the end of the world…?!
: Talk to me, mom…! What should we do?!
: Vice commander…!
: The two RahXephons will fight to kill one another. And from the anguish of death, a new world will be created…
: They stand above all as sacrificial gods, their songs leading both themselves and this world to destruction and bringing about creation of a new one… Such is the trial presented to them: the ceremony of death and rebirth.
: And how do we stop it?
: You’ll have to defeat them all… the two RahXephons and the EVA Series, who’ll seek to use them as vessels with which to bring about Instrumentality.
: We can really save our world by doing that…?
: No one knows what’ll come from all of this. But the fact remains that if nothing if done, the walls around our hearts will come undone… and all humans will be united as one through death.
: B-But… How can we just go and attack those two…?!
: There must be another way… But, for now, focus on wiping out the EVA Series!

Mission Objective: Destroy all enemies except the Shinsei RahXephons (Ayato and Quon).
Mission Failure: Raideen, EVA-01, Garmraid, Daimos, Zeorymer, Argama, Nadesico shot down

…Rom? You wanna infuse us with hype again? No? drat it.
Well, it’s round three against the MP EVAs and, this time, we’re at baseline morale and with no other enemies to build up from. Another difficulty spike, courtesy of MX.
Honestly, this mission seems to be one of those cases where the devs expect your guys to all come packing SP Regen or you WILL suffer through this. Right out the box, you’ll want everyone to pop their Spirit, Drive and Rouse casts to get your guys rolling and defensive spirits are still pretty much a must for everyone.
The MP EVAs remain accurate as gently caress, which is why I saw fit to deploy Light (and Tap for Rouse) as well. He, Saegusa and Ruri will take turns keeping Confuse up nonstop and regenning SP – if you don’t do that, your Reals might be at a considerable risk.

A further complication for Reals is simply that their damage output will really suffer when faced with not only limited morale but Prevail’d A.T. Fields; the exception being the Dijeh, Kaine and Maillot with their combined attack and Domon (who pilots a Super). Shinji and Asuka will be good help here since they can bypass the Fields with their Support Attacks but, of course, you’ll have to keep a close watch on them.
Now more than before, you’ll NEED to focus fire to take the EVAs down – do whatever you can to avoid leaving many in Prevail-land – and don’t be afraid to be liberal with your SP usage. Allow some leeway for defenses, have your reals always be in Light’s EWAC and take it slow and steady.

:siren: And feel free to listen to this while I work my way through. :siren:

Forward!

The MP EVAs have boss priority.

Follow up by Rom.

Maillot doesn’t need any EWAC with Confuse on.

His ultra-cheap Drive is also great.

Can’t quite kill it yet but that’s alright – most of our frailer guys are covered.

Enemy Phase!

And they chose poorly.

Quattro, Kazuya and Kaine shave off some of their HP.

Ayato and Quon aren’t doing anything, mind.

Player Phase!

gently caress it, Maillot’s Valor is cheap enough.

It survives with a sliver of HP but Ruri can handle that.

Yeah, gently caress you too. That’s one down…eight to go.

Combined firepower of Akito, Quattro, Rom and Masato cut the next one down to size.

Still want Masato to nab this kill for the morale, though, so Domon’ll bop it a bit more.

Special BGMs take priority, by the by!

In comes Masato and, boom, two dead.

I built Hokuto as a mighty caster, so his Valor is quite cheap too.

Kaine had already chopped its HP in half with Maillot.

Kouji and Tetsuya fall just short.

Asuka won’t.

Three.

Can’t kill another but we can start working on it with Akira, Kazuya and Akito.

Alright.

Enemy Phase!

*Alarm!*

: We’ve objects on high-speed approach from below!

: I-Is that?!
: The Omzack of Thunder…!
: And a Gilgazamune too!
: The hell is that thing doing here?!
: My guess is it’s one of the units that got confiscated by the Federation when the Giganos surrendered.
: I bet they’re here to get payback for the beating they took before…!
: Wait, so you mean one of NERV HQ’s attackers was—?!
: Indeed… it was my Omzack of Thunder.
: Saiga of the Hakkeshu..! You’re alive?!
: The Omzack is the only Hakke Robo capable of rivaling the Zeorymer. Furthermore, Masaki Kihara… I refuse to die before I’ve had my revenge on you.
: I’m not Masaki Kihara anymore…!
: But that does not annul all your sins and I, for one, will have you pay for them!
: That’s right! Traitors cannot be forgiven! (From the Gilgazamune!)
: Miwa?!
: What’s he doing on that thing?!
: More important than that, why is he here in the first place?!
: He still hasn’t given up, hm…?
: Of course not – you’re trying to destroy the world with the Third Impact! I’d never leave you at large!
: Don’t tell me that he…
: Yes… he’s the one who led the attack on NERV HQ.
: Wh-What did you say?!
: Kazuya Ryuzaki…! I haven’t forgotten what you did to me! And I will personally annihilate you and your rebel allies with this Gilgazamune!
: How much of an idiot are you?! Don’t you get what’s going on right now?!
: Rrrgh, shut your trap! It’s because of groups like yours that the Earth is always in danger! This current mess proves it!
: He… he hasn’t changed one bit…!
: Hm. The Baam War would’ve ended a whole lot faster if this guy just stopped to think things through a bit.
: I won’t take such disrespect from those who sold their souls to the Baamians!
: You’re set on this…? You’re going to be getting in our way, doesn’t matter what we say, aren’t you…?!
: Obviously! First I’ll be rid of the lot of you and, then, I’ll exterminate thesee alien vermin from the face of the Earth Sphere!
: What, so you’re tagging Duke, Maria, Vega and Rom’s crew as enemies?!
: You’re all my enemies! You’re the enemies of mankind!!
: Why, you…!
: Enough, Kouji. You won’t get anywhere arguing with him.
: Kazuya…!
: Back during the Baam War, Miwa harassed Erika and me again and again. Still, I had thought that, deep down and in his own twisted way, he was also acting out of a wish to defend Earth…!
: But now, that man is…!
: We’re done talking! Pilot, attack! Destroy them all and I guarantee your freedom!
: Aye, aye!
: Masaki Kihara, I’ll end you and claim the Zeorymer as my own… and then I’ll crown myself the true Hades in your place!
: None of us will ever allow that!
: Miwa! My fists’ll beat that rotten spirit of yours into shape!!

Yup, we also need to deal with those two. Your priority remains the MP EVAs, though, as Miwa’s generic pilot can’t do poo poo and Saiga will always focus on Masato (he’ll have a hard time getting the morale to MAPW us). Plus, they’re both rather far away.

Shinji gets pestered a couple of times but he’s got both Alert and an Iron Wall’d Duke running defense.

This guy’s trying to start poo poo with Boss!

Nice flight.

The other MP EVAs snipe at random people. Miwa and Saiga are coming in.

Player Phase!

*Alarm!*

: Captain, there’s another unit coming this way!

: The Medius Locus…!
: What, don’t tell me you’ve come here to settle accounts with Hugo?!
: Do you want to kill us? Are you expecting that to make up for the wrongs you did in the past? Do you actually think that?! Hell, do you think Foglia and the others would want you to do something like that?!
: Pfeh… I’m nowhere as romantic as that. I’m using the Medius and AI1 simply to leave the past behind.
: And you think the dead will forgive you after that?
: You’re putting words in my mouth.
: But I’m right, no?! I’ve no idea what the dead would want from the living and if we’re fated to live, carrying their memories for the rest of our days, then that’s what I’ll do! Rather than the pain of death, I’ll take the pain of life!
: One can die whenever they choose but that’s nothing more than running away…!
: So you’d use your guilt as a reason to cling to life? That’d just be an excuse to make us feel better.
: I don’t care what you call it – I’ll always take life over death! Besides, it was no one but you who taught me to survive no matter what!
: That’s right. And that’s why I also survived using the Medius.
: What are you getting at…?!
: That I had an enemy to defeat – the one who brought my life to a stop and who’d rain destruction on this world. And, so, I let myself play into their hands.
: Captain, did you…?!
: …I piloted the Medius to get my revenge on that demon. And I’ve survived up to now to make peace with the past.
: Your revenge is done, so now you’re…!
: So that was the only reason why he stole the Medius…?
: (Albero… that ridiculous rationale is what impels you…?!)
: I don’t expect you to forgive me after all that’s happened, Hugo. And I’ve no intention of apologizing.
: Captain…!

MX Version:

: If you still want me to pay, then be my guest to try once the battle’s over. But right now…
: You must defeat your enemy and come back alive. Everything starts with that.

MXP Version:

: That said, there’s something else that needs to be addressed: I’m sending you something.
: Ah? The Medius just transmitted some data…
: That’s… data on Zapato’s medicine?!
: It is, including the location of where he stored the materials needed to create it.
: So if you can make it through all this… if you can beat me and the Medius Locus, I wager you’d live a pretty long life.
: Another reason why I now need to go and defeat my enemy, is what you’re saying?
: That’s right.

Common ground:

: Wh-What’s going on…?!
: Guess he's offering to help us like he did before?
: He expects us to trust him after all the times he attacked us?
: But he also left without trying anything after the Devil Gundam was down…
: His personal crusade is done, so now he wants to lend a hand? How self-centered can one person be?
: Hm. You can very easy say he was just using us to beat the Devil Gundam back them.
: Plus, there ain’t no way we can trust that broad, Elde Mitte!
: Ms. Mitte… Do you agree with Albero?!
: I… don’t want to lose AI1… No more, no less.
: Hmph… you could simply be trying to have us lower our guard and stab us in the back. I wouldn’t put that past you.
: I’m not stupid enough that I can’t tell what’s going on around here. But if you just can’t trust me, then draw your weapon… I won’t go down without a fight, though.
: …Indeed, it’d be dangerous to trust him. His will to survive, however, I find trustworthy.
: Hm. Just look at how he fights – or at Hugo – and you can see that.
: And considering the situation, maybe an enemy of our enemy is a friend?
: Something the matter, Hugo? Wasn’t it your own strength and spirit that saw you survive through all these battles?
: Spare me the lecture…!
: I’m here to save mine and the world’s lives and that’s exactly what I’m going to do!
: Good! Then we’ll just have to fight our way through this mess!
: Roger that…Captain!
: (This… is not how I wanted this to play out as. But I still have a chance…)
: (The Raideen is here, so it is very likely the Star of La Mu will manifest itself… If I can just get my hands on it, my AI1 and the Medius will…!)

Losing the Medius is also a game over, so watch it. Elde comes with Hope, so you can use that refill someone’s SP and get more stuff rolling.
It’s a long way to the EVAs, so the Medius will only get there next turn.

Rom’s got enough morale and SP to start wrecking stuff now.

THUNDER BOLT SCREW!

Taking a commanded support from Asuka, that’s over half the EVAs HP in one attack run.

Duke pulls a commanded Meioh from Masato for more big damage and Asuka finishes the job.
That’s four.

Setting up for a MAPW next turn.

Good man.

Here goes the fifth EVA, Ginga blasting it with an FA after Kaine and Maillot tear it apart.

But, of course, the RNG figures now would be the perfect time to screw me over. While having my remaining folks pile on Masato’s target, Quattro gets tagged on a 10%(!) hit and oneshotted.
Were this earlier in the mission, I would’ve been very annoyed.

gently caress you too.

Six.

Enemy Phase!

: Ayato…!!
: That Dolem’s…!
: It’s Ayato’s old friend, right…?!
: I… I won’t accept a world without Hiroko! Or any world where you, her killer, can live happily ever after!
: God… God’s beating heart! I condemn you to death for the murder of Hiroko!!

Mamoru will only focus on Ayato but, yeah, he’s not going to win that match. We’ll need to take the fight to him eventually but not yet.

The remaining EVAs pester Akira a bit but he can handle it with some support defense from Aqua.
Meanwhile, the Gilgazamune attacks Maillot and eats 15k damage.

There he goes.

Ayato actually misses on a 79% because he counts as an enemy and, thus, is affected by Confuse.

Player Phase!

One of the EVAs moved to attack Akira, so I had to spend Masato’s SP on a Zeal and reposition.

Doesn’t matter – this battle is practically over once these jerks are dead.

With all of them weak, we can move in for the kill.

Seven.

Eight.

And nine! :toot:

Next in line is Miwa and with his generic pilot, the Gilgazamune is VERY easy to take out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N3hWBUE-J8
Ain’t no other way to end this.

: Rrgh, what are you doing?! Eject! Eject us now!

: What’s wrong with you, pilot?! Why aren’t you answering me?!

: T-This can’t be happening…! This is how it ends for me, a commander?!
: But there’ll be nothing to save the Earth from falling into alien hands if I’m gone!!
: If I die, Earth will… Earth will—! GAAAAAAAAH!!

: Miwa…!
: Don’t feel bad for him, Kazuya. He brought this end upon himself after everything he did.
: That’s what you should keep in mind. And, besides, we still have things to do.
: Yeah…

Saiga is next and, barring the higher stats, he’s still the same he was halfway through the game.

Meaning his Prevail won’t help his low defenses and unimpressive HP. Hits from Asuka and Tetsuya already get him below 10k HP.

Only one way to deal with a ne’er-do-well.

Punish them!

: I-I am he who’ll be Hades…! I’m the man who’s meant to reign supreme over the entire world!!
: I will not be controlled…! This time, I’ll be the one in control! I’ll conquer all of my own free will!!
: It… It can’t end like this! Not here! Not now! IT CANNOT!!

: Masato…
: It might’ve been Masaki’s programming that pushed him to fight us one last time... If it was—
: No… that was his destiny. And he just couldn’t change it…
: But we…
: Right. We’ll overturn the destruction that’s been forced upon our destinies…!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 15, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Insert here three turns of me getting folks up to Mamoru. All this time, he not only failed to do any damage on Ayato but also lost about 40% of his HP.

Time to wrap this up.

: I-I’m not going down yet…! You worms won’t be taking me out!
: Ayato! I… I won’t stop until I hold your heart – the world’s heart – in my hands and I make it stop beating!!

: This can’t be…! You… you killed Hiroko! I refuse to let someone like you live!
: Hiroko…! I… I!!
: Hiroko…

: All enemies except the two RahXephons have been destroyed…!
: But the question is what we’ll do now. If the RahXephons aren’t stopped, we’ll…
: But how…?
: How are we supposed to stop those two?!
: (The Star of La Mu is sure to appear in order to deter the two mechanical gods…! )
: (And when it does…!)

Goodies earned here were a Psycoframe, a Martian Donburi and a Mega Generator.

: Did I die…? Or was I born…? I… I don’t know where I am…
: I feel like I know you but… who are you? Do you know who I am?
: No one knows me… and I know no one…
: That…
: That is how you avoid knowing. You avoid knowing by pretending that you don’t see…
: For how long are you going to do that? What a troublesome child…

: Both RahXephons…
: They’re not going anything.
: Ayato…!
: Do you think they’re…!
: Talking to each other or something…?!
: Stay on your toes, men!
: And keep the Distortion Field running at full power!
: Captain! Radar’s picking up a unit on approach for below!

: Elvy, you’re alright?!
Don’t worry about me – where’s Haruka?! She didn’t come here?!
: Haruka…?! Did something happen to her?!

: It’s time for you to step out… out of the birdcage you built for yourself. It’s okay to know – to try to know.
: I… I’m aware of that. But now I… I don’t even know who I am…
: Just embrace it…
: Huh…?
: Yourself… others… your surroundings. Feel the entire world… and embrace it all.
: Me…?
: Yes, you… accept and embrace yourself… and me. Everything around you… Have courage…
: What is it that you wish to protect? What is it that you choose? What is the world in which you live? What is it that you do not wish to lose?
: That’s…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJqleiO5Z4Q

: A-Ayato!!
: The ceremony of the world’s death and rebirth has begun…!
: Wh-What do we do?! Bright, Misato?!
: We’ve no choice anymore… We have to put a stop to them …!!
: Put a stop… b-but…!
: N-No… Isn’t there anything we can do…?! What are we supposed to do, Kaworu… Ayanami…?!

: The ALIEL?! Haruka?!
: Ayato…!
: Haruka, stop!!
: Get away from him!!
: LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…!
: A-Ayato, stop! STOP!!

: …Where is this…?
: Mrs. Kamina…
: …He would’ve been better off if you didn’t exist…
: Ah…?
: He wouldn’t be suffering as he is right now if you didn’t exist – if you hadn’t taken him to the outside world…
: N-No! I just…!
: I should have been the only one who loved him.
: Huhhh…?
: The suffering he’s endured is my responsibility. Mine, for having created him.
: I wanted to give him everything, because I was the only one supposed to support him in his destiny…
: Yet, he found a world of his own – a world with you in it, a world with you…
: I can’t share in his suffering any more… he did not want to share it with me.
: Though I hate to admit it, what he wanted was a distant memory that was supposed to have vanished… and the new memories you’d made together.
: … Get going.
: Huh…?!
: If you want to suffer alongside him so much, then go and suffer with him.
: You are the only one who can do that… Haruka.
: Ah—
: …And take care of my son.
: Mrs. Kamina… I…!
: Hurry…
: Thank you…! I’m going…!

: Our melody was steeped in dissonant tunes from the very beginning…
: This is the conclusion… the final movement…
: The rest is in your hands, other MU… Lemuria, priestess of Mu…
: Guide them to their new world… to the Promised Land…

: What is it that you wish to protect? What is it that you choose? What is the world in which you live? What is it that you do not wish to lose?
: I…
: What I want to protect is Haruka and my friends… and the world they all live in…
: …Then make it so.
: B-but… If I do, you’ll…!
: I’ll be fine.
: Huh?
: Because they are here…

: Where am I…?
: …Did I die?
: No.
: Your world is at a crossroads, deciding what new path to take… And it’ll be the will of all of you that’ll choose that…
: Our… will?
: That’s right…
: So what do you want?
: I… I used to hate myself. That boy who couldn’t and wouldn’t do anything… That’s why I figured I should just run away from it all.
: But there was nothing good where I ran to, either…Because I didn’t exist there, so no one existed.
: And are you OK with the walls around your hearts – your A.T. Fields – causing pain to you and others again?
: … I don’t mind. But what about you…?
: Don’t worry.
: We’ll go on living with the other Ollin… That is our new choice – our new path, Shinji.
: …But this is the inside of my heart and you’re here. So what are you two, really…?
: We are hope. Hope that people might understand each other.
: A hope that goes side-by-side with “love”.
: But that’s just a shallow, self-serving assumption – like a prayer. And it won’t last forever…I know I’ll be betrayed and abandoned someday…
: Still, I want to see them all again. Because I know… that what I felt was real.

: I won’t run anymore… I don’t want to.
: If that is how you feel, then…
: What do I do, then…?
: Don’t worry.
: Huh?
: I’ll take care of it.
: …Alright.
: And, in return…
: Hm?
: Be as gentle as possible, yes?
: …OK.

: A-Ayato…!
: Haruka!!
: I… I understand, Ayato…

*Haruka steps aside.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMM81bO2i8k

: We can’t let this continue! The moment those two RahXephons exhaust themselves, this world will…!
: Cpt. Bright!
: Ayato… We’ll have to…!
: Bright…!
: We’ve come too far now...!
: In order to stop Ayato, we...?!
: (…Akira…)
: (…Akira…)
: That voice…! Mom?!
: …The time has come. The time for the seal of our hope – the Star of La Mu – to come undone…
: The Star of La Mu?!
: Those two have come to a decision… not to bring about Instrumentality or Tuning but to lead all to the Promised Land…
: The Promised Land…?
: (That’s right…)
: Y-You?!
: We have chosen…
: To walk the path to the Promised Land… (He’s by Quon’s RahXephon.)
: Ayato?! Why are you there…?!
: She and I will head to a new world… together with the people of the White Moon.
: The White Moon…?! Kaworu and Ayanami…?!
: Now, Hibiki… it is time to fulfill the final duty entrusted to the Raideen…
: Take the light of the Star of La Mu… and stop her song.
: Stop her song?! Then, the Raideen can…?!

*The Raideen moves to Ayato’s side.*

: R-Raideen! You’re--?!
: Oh, deity… And, oh, ancient protector of this land – embodiment of our hope…
: Guide all… Beckon all to the Promised Land…
: Mighty La Mu, King of Mu… Grant your brilliance to the hero, Raideen, so that everlasting light may bless this land…
: The Star of La Mu…!
: A-Aah…! These energy readings are…!!
: LA MUUUUUUUU….!!

: M-Mom…! Ayato…!!
: Sing, Raideen. Sing your song – the forbidden song…
: Sing, Raideen. So that, one day, everlasting light is bestowed unto the land…
: RAAAAAIDEEEEEEEEEEN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6i1jyjmcsE

: Th-The RahXephon…!
: Quon…!
: I’ve heard… the most important song of all… Your feelings… Ollin’s feelings…
: …Your time…
: …Our time…
: Every note resounds within my breast…
: Kindness, harmony, unity and light, enveloped in infinite joy…
: And, thus, the world will be filled with new sound…

: Th-This can’t be…! This is not… what I wanted…!
: My creation was supposed to raise a new world…!
: Oh, wow… seems like we’ve got a huge twist right at the end of the play.
: Have you ever heard of a Deus Ex Machina? Actually, I’m sure you have. Those were mechanical gods in Greek plays, meant to resolve a story…
: And they – the Magnate Ten – were exactly that.
: Inconceivable…! They aren’t supposed to be anything more than mere actors – a bunch of puppets, dancing according to my script…!
: That’s what called a surprise ending. Well, a surprise for you, of course.
: And now… I believe it’s time for you to exit stage left, hm, Mr. Bähbem?

: Though I’ll admit that this isn’t the nicest sound to mark the finale.

*Bang!*

: This… is how it ends…?
: Our hopes…
: Our wishes…
: How did they culminate into this…?!
: You should have expected this…
: After all, that’s why we are all still here.
: Ikari…!
: However, Ikari… I seriously doubt this ending is what you had in mind.
: It’s not and I’ll admit it. But it looks like our wishes are now assuming a different form, along with this entire world…
: Though we merely did not wish to accept this outcome…
: You were all just trying to run away, rejecting the world before you got hurt.
: Tabris…!
: You were afraid of what exists between people – that which is formless and invisible to the eye. And, so, you could only shut your own hearts.
: …And this is your reward.
: Hmhmhm… Oh, Ikari. But we still have one more card to play.
: Though we certainly did not originally expect it to be useful in such a fashion.
: Indeed, there is one last means with which Instrumentality may be performed…
: But the Deus Ex Machina – the Magnate Ten – is there to keep it from happening.
: Do you actually expect them to be capable of doing so…?
: You won’t be here to find out… There’s a curtain over this particular stage and it’s time it came down.
: Yui… I’m coming to your side… And…
: I’m sorry, Shinji.

*Click.*

*BOOM!*

: ?! Dad…?!
: What is it…?
: I…I heard my dad’s voice just now…
: Ah…?
: (Ikari…)
: (You’ve left to be with her, hm…)
: Status report?
: A-All units are safe… Akira’s looking really exhausted but that’s it…
: Then… it’s over…?
: No… now it begins.

:siren: :siren:

: What?!
: Unit controls relayed to AI1. Pooled data, overload…!
: Elde! You—?!

*The Medius bumrushes the Raideen!*

: Hmhmhm…Hahahah… This is what I’ve been looking for…
: The Star of La Mu that’s in here…!
: Ms. Mitte!!
: You’re not pulling this on my watch, Elde!!

*Bang!*

: Argh…!!
: Gheheh…Ahahaha…! Y-You’re too late, Albero…!!
: AI1…! I’ll now give you… so much more power!!
: Wh-What’s she doing to the Raideen?!
: The Star of La Mu…! The Star of La Mu! The Star of La Mu!!
: Ahahahah…HAHAHAHAHAHA! With this handy, the Medius will be able to perform its final Incrementum!

: Th-The Medius!!
: Go, AI1! Unleash all of the Star of La Mu’s power!
: Show me what you’ll ultimately become!!

: Th-These readings are!!
: Th-They’re the exactly opposite of what we saw during Operation Downfall…! It’s!!
: It’s creating another barrier?!
: Hmhmhmhm…AHAHAHAHAHAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
: AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…!!

The finale’s upon us next, folks, but I’ve something I need your help with. There are plenty of people with unique convos in the last battle but I only have room to deploy 18. The Garmraid’s an event unit and Ayato’s off elsewhere now, so I’ll need you to help me trim down that number.

Here’s who has words to say:
  • Kouji
  • Tetsuya
  • Duke
  • Getter Team
  • Rom
  • Shinji
  • Kazuya
  • Akira
  • Akito
  • Masato
  • Ginga/Hokuto
  • Altair
  • Kaine
  • Maillot
  • Domon
  • Amuro
  • Camille
  • Quattro
  • Judau

With that in mind, I need you guys to name ONE of these guys to get benched.
That said, I’m not unwilling to bring competent folks around even if they do not have convos. If you want any of the ones below to come in, say it and add an equivalent amount of the above characters to the bench to compensate (meaning the above bench PLUS one bench for every extra character added from this list):

• Asuka
  • Boss
  • Rain
  • Jet
  • Tap (only bring if you’re also bringing Light and vice versa))
  • Light
  • Ryouko (Actually has a battle convo but is effectively useless if you don’t deploy her girls. Package deal, same as Tap and Light).
  • Hikaru
  • Izumi
  • Roux

This vote'll be open until Sunday morning, when I'll be recording the actual mission.

See you guys then!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 4, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

This is kind of the best of all possible endings for a couple series, in a couple ways. First, Miwa's finally loving dead. I'll admit, I wasn't aware of how glad I'd be about that the first time I played MX, because that was the first time I'd played a game with Daimos. After A Portable and the Alpha series, though, you better believe that's a satisfying explosion. Second, Gendo goes out like an actual good guy, maybe even finds a bit of redemption. That's a pretty huge departure compared to the original canon, and not an unwelcome one. It's neat how Banpresto will slightly alter stories like that, even when they don't need to. Here, rather than SEELE getting wasted right before poo poo goes down, and Gendo's Instrumentality being the final obstacle for Shinji, it's Gendo whose plans fell apart first, with SEELE becoming the final enemy, in order to better mirror the Mu and Bahbem (SEELE's plan is broad and high-handed in motivations and scope, much like the Mu and Bahbem's, whereas Gendo's plan was always small and personal, in terms of his intent). At least, that's my interpretation.

As for who to drop, bench Quattro and Altair.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 4, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Did Gendo bring a suitcase N2 with him?

I agree with benching Quattro. Apocalypse is a young man's game.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Fuyutsuki had more lines in that last stage than in the entirety of NGE combined.

Also, Bench Altair. I kind of want to see what the three angels have to say but not enough to bench anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bring: Team Dragonar + Maillot
Bench: Camille and Altair

• Locked thread