Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Has IOI announced whether or not they have plans for elusive targets in the bonus versions of maps? I'd love some in A House Made of Sand and Landslide.

They have not. It bluntly is unlikely; I believe way fewer people own the bonus episodes, and the differences in design would make them (especially Icon) much harder to Pro-ify.

For those familiar with my shenanigans from the Payday 2 thread, I've been encouraged to similarly write design fanfiction for a harder-than-Pro difficulty for Hitman. Blame Sykic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Discendo Vox posted:

For those familiar with my shenanigans from the Payday 2 thread, I've been encouraged to similarly write design fanfiction for a harder-than-Pro difficulty for Hitman. Blame Sykic.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Professional mode is really fun. I've done SASO in Paris by the Terminal Velocity method and it was really rewarding to pull off.

Has IOI announced whether or not they have plans for elusive targets in the bonus versions of maps? I'd love some in A House Made of Sand and Landslide.

IIRC, the round of datamining that found the briefing for Landslide weeks before it was announced also found hints of an ET set in The Icon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do start putting ETs in the bonus missions eventually, now that the whole season is out on disc and the bonus missions are available to buy separately for anyone who bought the season piecemeal.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Example general changes: All cameras cannot be destroyed, and camera systems are housed independently. Destroying evidence does not remove spotted status. (Destroying the server will prevent the evidence from being recorded in the first place though). Guards will notice a server breaking and go into a search in the area. Fire extinguishers will no longer emit a lethal explosion, and will now knock effected NPCs out.

Example changes for Sapienza: The glass housing the virus is now bullet and blastproof. All escape vehicles have keys, found in various logical places in the map (e.g. Caruso is carrying the plane keys). If they're still around, characters' bodyguards will not leave them alone for most opportunities (such as Victoria De Santis meeting with the PI). All cannon items are now securely locked away. One of Silvio's guards checks his food before he eats it.

New challenge examples:
Acid Redux: Kill both targets by submerging them in acid. Unlocks a vial of hydrochloric acid (lethal poison vial reskin, makes cosmetic hissing sound when applied to food/drink).
Corporate Espionage: Complete the mission with an intact sample of the virus prototype, without being spotted.
Buttled: Kill both targets with a fire poker while dressed as the butler, then complete the mission with the Silent Assassin ranking. Unlocks the Butler suit.
All Zeroes: complete the mission Suit Only, with no gunfire, no bodies found, and without knocking anyone out.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Discendo Vox posted:

Example general changes: All cameras cannot be destroyed, and camera systems are housed independently. Destroying evidence does not remove spotted status. (Destroying the server will prevent the evidence from being recorded in the first place though). Guards will notice a server breaking and go into a search in the area. Fire extinguishers will no longer emit a lethal explosion, and will now knock effected NPCs out.

Example changes for Sapienza: The glass housing the virus is now bullet and blastproof. All escape vehicles have keys, found in various logical places in the map (e.g. Caruso is carrying the plane keys). If they're still around, characters' bodyguards will not leave them alone for most opportunities (such as Victoria De Santis meeting with the PI). All cannon items are now securely locked away. One of Silvio's guards checks his food before he eats it.

New challenge examples:
Acid Redux: Kill both targets by submerging them in acid. Unlocks a vial of hydrochloric acid (lethal poison vial reskin, makes cosmetic hissing sound when applied to food/drink).
Corporate Espionage: Complete the mission with an intact sample of the virus prototype, without being spotted.
Buttled: Kill both targets with a fire poker while dressed as the butler, then complete the mission with the Silent Assassin ranking. Unlocks the Butler suit.
All Zeroes: complete the mission Suit Only, with no gunfire, no bodies found, and without knocking anyone out.

This sounds less like "more difficult" and more like "more tedious" (aside from changing fire extinguishers, which is a nerf that should've been done across the board months ago).

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Hey guy who was practicing for the Hokkaido ET, I watched this video recently, and they mentioned that the ET would be two doctors, both of whom have optional "ironic" kill conditions (so I'm guessing scalpel, or poison, or something). They made it sound like the kill conditions only affect score and not SA, but I'm not really sure.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

gtrmp posted:

This sounds less like "more difficult" and more like "more tedious"

Congratulations you've successfully summed up all of Vox's design docs

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

As someone who just started playing, why are fire extinguishers OP?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mystic Stylez posted:

If you shoot a fire extinguisher once it'll explode after a few seconds, twice to explode it immediately. This is noteworthy because objects just hangin out around the game world that also explode are very few and far between, but fire extinguishers are relatively common and can be found on every map. Also, an exploding fire extinguisher counts as an accident-related death even if you shot it to blow it up, so it's good for getting a high score if you can get an angle on it without being seen shooting it.

edit: That said, you should only do it as a last resort because it's not very creative and Hitman is all about being creative in your murderly escapades!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
You can also blow them up with breach charges, carry them around unmolested, throw them for a distraction, etc.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Rochallor posted:

You can also blow them up with breach charges, carry them around unmolested, throw them for a distraction, etc.

There are few things as unique and beautiful as the sound of 47 cold cocking some poor NPC's skull into a bone pinata. So satisfying.

As an aside, lately I've found myself hyperaware of the locations of fire extinguishers wherever I go.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mystic Stylez posted:

Portable source of accident kills that don't lose you silent assassin rating. Just pop it down by a target, hide round a corner and shoot it, or set one up with a breach charge on a target's route and pop it when they go past. Just did the Seeger Beguilement today and I have no idea how I'd go about it without using fire extinguishers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LeJackal posted:

There are few things as unique and beautiful as the sound of 47 cold cocking some poor NPC's skull into a bone pinata. So satisfying.

As an aside, lately I've found myself hyperaware of the locations of fire extinguishers wherever I go.

I am reminded of when I played through MGS5 and was for a while afterward distressed by the presence of shipping containers.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I would be down for nerfing fire extinguishers too. It's pretty much the go to method for SA, and having one automatic best solution for every situation feels antithetical to what Hitman is about.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I appreciate that Soders has the sense to give up on life immediately when he sees 47.

Are propane flask explosions different than fire extinguisher explosions?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I wish you could choose the default 47 suit to use. I almost always use the Absolution Suit.

you mean... 47s signature suit?

Rochallor posted:

Hey guy who was practicing for the Hokkaido ET, I watched this video recently, and they mentioned that the ET would be two doctors, both of whom have optional "ironic" kill conditions (so I'm guessing scalpel, or poison, or something). They made it sound like the kill conditions only affect score and not SA, but I'm not really sure.

yo thanks for this, i am thinking there will be some poison/scalpel involved now

i really want that bathrobe

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 5, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

you mean... 47s signature suit?

No?

I like the tie clip and driver gloves.

Aug 24, 2011

i want a pink tie for breast cancer awareness

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I felt inspired and so decided I would try my own escalation trip report, if only because of how underwhelming it was, for The Osterman Mosaic in Paris.

Level 1: Kill a guy with the saber while dressed as palace staff. The saber is behind glass, but it's in the same room as the target and he's the only one in the room. Easy.
Level 2: As above, and hide all bodies within 90 seconds. This was frustrating for a long while before I realized that you weren't supposed to drag the body all the way to the nearby closet and I had in fact missed the body box three feet from him.
Level 3: As above, and kill a chef in the basement. The starting location that puts you in the palace staff outfit starts you about two feet from the new target, and it's trivial to lure him into the stairwell.
Level 4: As above, and do it in five minutes. This changes nothing because the mission takes three minutes.
Level 5: As above, and there are laser tripwires. This... also changes nothing, because amazingly the lasers aren't even placed to block your path of least resistance. I thought that maybe they'd be blocking the convenient body box and you would have to end up dragging the body across into the closet, but nope.

In summary. An incredibly easy and quite boring escalation, with functionally no differences in levels 3, 4, and 5.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

That'd be really neat.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

I want Lara Croft costume.

Aug 24, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/wiki/hitman/elusivetargets

"The E-Sportsman" (Zhen 'LOLRaptor2000' Yü)

i guess this is an elusive target lol

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is this a bug? I checked in to the Himmapan but I can't get my keycard unless I go behind the desk? I can't reach it from where I am.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try aiming the camera a little higher, or just play around with it in general.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

marrakesh pro sosa isn't very fun atm. Will have to try again later but it's really difficult

Aug 24, 2011

i keep thinking about how great a properly-made hitman tv series would be

the movies have been awful because hey movie you need a plot, but a tv series could just be 20 minutes of silently planning a kill, or following a random character around while playing "where's waldo? oh he's unconscious in the bathroom and someone took his clothes"

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

double nine posted:

marrakesh pro sosa isn't very fun atm. Will have to try again later but it's really difficult

You can do it basically the same way as the normal one. Poison the general's food (make sure to distract the guard nearby first), infiltrate the consulate, go up the back stairs and into the utility closet, get rid of the security, wait for CHS and kill him.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

double nine posted:

Yeah, professional to me kinda strengthens the character of each level, which is a problem for one where its character is mostly "annoying".

the movies have been awful because hey movie you need a plot, but a tv series could just be 20 minutes of silently planning a kill, or following a random character around while playing "where's waldo? oh he's unconscious in the bathroom and someone took his clothes"
I'm not sure it would really work, losing the interactivity. Maybe as a sort of dramedy sketch show going all-in on the absurdity of Barcode Man assassinating a high powered CEO with a fire extinguisher and everyone just calling it an unfortunate accident. No winking at the audience either, the entire thing should be presented like it was some serious prestige drama.

Aug 24, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, professional to me kinda strengthens the character of each level, which is a problem for one where its character is mostly "annoying".

I'm not sure it would really work, losing the interactivity. Maybe as a sort of dramedy sketch show going all-in on the absurdity of Barcode Man assassinating a high powered CEO with a fire extinguisher and everyone just calling it an unfortunate accident. No winking at the audience either, the entire thing should be presented like it was some serious prestige drama.

only if 47 is wearing a hotdog or a giant afro wig or something

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Pennfalath posted:

You can do it basically the same way as the normal one. Poison the general's food (make sure to distract the guard nearby first), infiltrate the consulate, go up the back stairs and into the utility closet, get rid of the security, wait for CHS and kill him.

I mean I see how that works but if the solution is "don't enter the school part of the map" then I'm not sure I like that solution.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

double nine posted:

I mean I see how that works but if the solution is "don't enter the school part of the map" then I'm not sure I like that solution.

Welcome to Marrakesh.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Got mastery 20 in Colorado after an extremely loud final run (3 explosions and a chandelier), now working on Hokkaido and man sabotaging KAI might be the most unnerving thing I've done so far in this game. Kinda sad only the hospital area gets messed up and the public area is fine though.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Badchay posted:

I want Lara Croft costume.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

njsykora posted:

Got mastery 20 in Colorado after an extremely loud final run (3 explosions and a chandelier), now working on Hokkaido and man sabotaging KAI might be the most unnerving thing I've done so far in this game. Kinda sad only the hospital area gets messed up and the public area is fine though.

The KAI sabotage is pretty easy after you poison the director's beernuts.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Badchay posted:

The KAI sabotage is pretty easy after you poison the director's beernuts.

I didn't even do that, I got a security guard alone in a toilet, cleared out the security room and threw some soda cans around to get him in there. I didn't mean it was hard, just kinda unnerving and one of the more unpleasant kills I've pulled off.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

gtrmp posted:

This sounds less like "more difficult" and more like "more tedious"

Things gamers say moments before spending 40 hours on it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

A Series of Unfortunate Events

a man with distinctive hair and tattoo travels around the world murdering people in darkly comedic ways wearing a series of improbable disguises anyone should see through

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 5, 2017

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

So i just picked this up and my dumb rear end plays the elusive target first just for shits and giggles. Naturally i fail after about 30 frustrating minutes and now I'm locked out of it forever? the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well the game does warn you, possibly multiple times