Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All music while fast forwarding should be bits and pieces of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gPuH1yeZ08

because torture should be a shared experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Playing Prince of Persia: Epilogue is a fate I would not wish on my worst enemy :mad:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Playing Prince of Persia: Epilogue is a fate I would not wish on my worst enemy :mad:

Particularly not Artix, because you know he's going to drag you into the commentary and force you to suffer with him. :v:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Consider this your penance for keeping the LP on ice for months :colbert:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

KieranWalker posted:

Particularly not Artix, because you know he's going to drag you into the commentary and force you to suffer with him. :v:

Particularly not me because I literally can't. Epilogue was never released on PC. :v:

Anyway, the rest of the Warrior videos are pretty short so we're gonna go ahead and power through them.

The City of Light (Polsy)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

Particularly not me because I literally can't. Epilogue was never released on PC. :v:

That's why you'll have to buy a previous gen console
Just for the PoP08 LP
Just like I bought a bottle of whisky for an LP once

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Alexeythegreat posted:

That's why you'll have to buy a previous gen console
Just for the PoP08 LP
Just like I bought a bottle of whisky for an LP once

Of course you will have to replay the game up to that point to deliver the full experience.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Go to hell, Prince of Persia. Go to loving hell and stay there!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
can it be? has Artix finally managed to cajole crow into updating PoP2008?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll believe it never. Even after it's in front of my eyeballs.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
It hadn't even entered my mind as a possibility that Crow was complaining about it because he's recording it. Is that--I mean, I don't see any brimstone raining down from the sky...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

can it be? has Artix finally managed to cajole crow into updating PoP2008?
There has to be a catch.

Like, Artix has to play through White Knight Chronicles or fly an Idolmaster plane in Ace Combat Assault Horizon for an hour as a trade-off.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

KieranWalker posted:

It hadn't even entered my mind as a possibility that Crow was complaining about it because he's recording it. Is that--I mean, I don't see any brimstone raining down from the sky...

Did you miss the election?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

AradoBalanga posted:

There has to be a catch.

Like, Artix has to play through White Knight Chronicles or fly an Idolmaster plane in Ace Combat Assault Horizon for an hour as a trade-off.

The catch is that I already dragged his dumb rear end through the main game when he had given up and I'll be damned if we weren't gonna do the while thing. Crow made a deal with the devil, except the devil was me. :colbert:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Artix posted:

The catch is that I already dragged his dumb rear end through the main game when he had given up and I'll be damned if we weren't gonna do the while thing. Crow made a deal with the devil, except the devil was me. :colbert:

Who's soul do you have being held hostage in order to get crow to do the epilogue?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
mine. i gave it up for picross.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Blind Sally posted:

mine. i gave it up for picross.
A worthy cause.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The Warrior's Fortress (Polsy)

May we never speak of the Warrior again.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Don't you unlock the alternate skins at 1001 lightseeds? Or was there a different requirement?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nuramor posted:

Don't you unlock the alternate skins at 1001 lightseeds? Or was there a different requirement?

You unlock one of the alternate skin packs, yes :eng101: The other ones have different requirements that I will cover in the bonus video at the end of Epilogue.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
This is it, folks. This is what you waited a full year and change for. Time to earn those carpets.

The Temple (Polsy)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Alas, you did not implement the Francois Counter like we requested. This LP has been all for naught :negative:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

You know, I think I have an idea (albeit dumb as hell) as to why Ahriman repeats his lines: you're moving too slow for the programmed script. The game wants the player to keep moving at a lightning quick pace and almost never slow down, so the boss dialogue script is programmed with that extremely fast pace in mind. However, not everyone will move that fast, so the script has to wait for the player to move to the next dialogue trigger point, thus it ends up repeating itself so the dialogue script doesn't bug out and mess up the game.

So yeah, Francois "The Dude" Emery thinks that everyone playing is going to be moving at Mach 3 and never thought to have stuff adjusted for the people who move at more reasonable paces. To quote Fedule, Game DesignTM!

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

nine-gear crow posted:

Alas, you did not implement the Francois Counter like we requested. This LP has been all for naught :negative:

We've got your back!

Four Francois, eight if you count hyphenated names. At least in the part we saw.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have been sitting on that "manus father of the abyss" joke for more than a year. Get it?? FATHER of the abyss??? FATHER, of the ABYSS???

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Might as well go hollow now, right? What else is there?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Well, that was a decent ending to a pretty game at least. I guess we'll see more of Francois' work in the epilogue though! so glad I'm not playing this

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hopefully there will be relatively minimal turnaround time w/r/t Epilogue. We're already facing a slight delay right out of the gate because our first planned Epilogue recording session was deffered on account of the Super Bowl and various work/family matters on account of several members of the crew.

We're on track for a proper recording session this coming Sunday, however, and I'm going to try to push to get the entirety of Epilogue done in one go, hopefully with Blind Sally in tow, who has been absent these last several videos.

If everything goes well over the weekend, you should expect to see the first part of Epilogue on Tuesday or Wednesday with the other four parts following either every other day or every three days hence just so that we can all finally be done with this two year long nightmare.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I have been sitting on that "manus father of the abyss" joke for more than a year. Get it?? FATHER of the abyss??? FATHER, of the ABYSS???

That Joke was Abyssmal

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Pop2008 is too much work. Unlike my job, PoP2008 doesn't pay me. What I'm saying is: pay me and I'll be in the videos :colbert:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Stormgale posted:

That Joke was Abyssmal

Did somebody say "Abis Mal"?!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

More like Abnor Mal!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Arabia ≠ Persia. You morons :argh:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The difference in pop-culture between Persia and Arabia is this thick.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the LP and thanks for the avatar. It really became kinda tedious at some point.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

So as crow is doing the epilogue, does that mean cant cook creole bream might be stripped of the title belt death count avatar? The only thing better than a victory by technicality, is a subsequent defeat by technicality.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fwoderwick posted:

So as crow is doing the epilogue, does that mean cant cook creole bream might be stripped of the title belt death count avatar? The only thing better than a victory by technicality, is a subsequent defeat by technicality.

Epilogue was never going to count towards the Death Counter Contest in the original LP plan anyway, so one way or another the contest is "over" as of the video Artix just posted. Though one of the advantages of having a mod on the commentary team is that I could just ask Fedule to do it anyway...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fwoderwick posted:

The only thing better than a victory by technicality, is a subsequent defeat by technicality.

While I like my avatar and can't really buy another one without inconveniences, I am inclined to agree. Revoking a win on a technicality by further technicalities is the true meaning of happiness.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I lost this avatar on a
technicality's technicality this thick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Curtains this thin!

• Locked thread