Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

Who was that dude who said Derek abused his daughter or something, was it screenshotted?

That's redchris18 of "accused DS of raping his daughter", "I see him with a dash of Tranny Magnet too", "I bet his daughter is already calling mummy's new boyfriend "daddy"", "If I was his daughter and I found this crap I'd never speak to him again" fame.

The screenshots are somewhere in the thousands of pages of the other thread. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Yes, keeping Sq42 from the gaming media before release, effectively a review embargo, is a good thing

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sickening posted:

Has anything worth talking about happened in the last 3 weeks?

CIG let slip that they hope to start work on essential systems for 3.0 and SQ42 "later in the year"

:lol:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Subsumption, Items 2.0, etc just arent cutting it as buzzwords anymore.

The Backend Team has been hard at work on a massive project to refactor our entire backend infrastructure to a new architecture we’re calling Diffusion

I don't believe you.

*checks /r/sc*

oh god there's a new monthly report.

:cripes:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't get it. If they have 3XX people performing various tasks, and some were hired specifically for work on flight mechanics, art, ships, etc., why can't these people just do that? Does every need to be pulled off to work on tasks outside of their job responsibility?

What's key for the next few updates are:

-Delta patching
-Network code refactor
-Zoning/instancing in the mega-map

i have it on good authority that there's supposed to be some sort of decent update to the network code by the time 2.6.2 drops. And, I don't think we'll see many more updates to 2.6.xxx until 3.0. Other than that, I'm thinking that they are still chugging away on intricate systems without divulging too much of those details to the general public. They've received ridicule enough for unveiling something pivotal too early, so outside of evocati, I cannot imagine they'll do it again.

Clearly the most open development of any gane ever. So open they cant talk about anything any more.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

This is one step away from the ultimate truth: the real whales hope the game is never released, so they can keep DREAMING.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Yeah but you don't understand 24/7 development.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tokamak posted:

I don't believe you.

*checks /r/sc*

oh god there's a new monthly report.

:cripes:
They missed the best part:

quote:

The Backend Team has been hard at work on a massive project to refactor our entire backend infrastructure to a new architecture we’re calling Diffusion. Diffusion will be a truly cloud-oriented service architecture that will help improve high scalability and availability for our services. It will be powered by a top level “coordination” layer written in a proprietary language developed by our Lead Server Engineer, Jason Ely.
If you find yourself developing a language when you started developing a piece of software, something has gone horrendously wrong.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sindai posted:

If you find yourself developing a language when you started developing a piece of software, something has gone horrendously wrong.
- The backers are getting noisy. We need to defuse the situation! Make some... diffusion.
- But Chris, that's not what it...
- Do it!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Swing and a miss!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

quote:

The Backend Team has been hard at work on a massive project to refactor our entire backend infrastructure to a new architecture we’re calling Diffusion. Diffusion will be a truly cloud-oriented service architecture that will help improve high scalability and availability for our services. It will be powered by a top level “coordination” layer written in a proprietary language developed by our Lead Server Engineer, Jason Ely.

:ohdear: oh lordy. You know how they say "don't roll your own crypto"? I think similar can be stated for your pet project language. Don't use it in production. Certainly not for anything important like "cloud-oriented service architecture"

That or this is pure Chris Roberts dreamed up hype. But he would never do that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

D_Smart posted:

It will look better once we move to UE4
Engine switch, this far in development?

https://i.imgur.com/b5VQUPv.mp4

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Diffusion huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31vaO9Ubv0&t=10s

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Plz do not declaw your cats. It is very painful and cruel. Clip their nails instead.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Cranappleberry posted:

Plz do not declaw your cats. It is very painful and cruel. Clip their nails instead.

:glomp:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sindai posted:

smh

Do you know what is cooler than using a cool programmer guy language like haskell or scala? Writing your own! You've got to shave that yak before you get your cloud architecture in order.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cranappleberry posted:

:hfive:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I recommend reading the Studio Report thoroughly and seeing how many red flags you can spot. I was going to compile a list but it was just too much.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15704-Monthly-Studio-Report

There's also this extremely reassuring item in the Production Schedule Report:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgzG8pupa0&t=637s

Notable quotes from Ben:

quote:

To you guys the game seems to get more elaborate around us; it's building up, we're ripping out guts and rebuilding them so they no longer function anymore.

quote:

And also, but I would guarantee that whatever Star Citizen is in 2 months, 6 months or 12 months you are not going to miss what's in the current version.

I'd wager citizens will be irate when they found out star citizen no longer exists compared what's in the current version there ben

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's probably pretty hard to serialize your program state when your program is a patchwork quilt of make-it-work-now hacks.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

quote:

Oh hey, Chris finally put some guy in charge of inventing his impossible cloud-mesh dream. Am I worried this is just coming out now and is obfuscated by buzzwords? No. I'm sure him and his "Backend Team" of 3 other network engineers will knock this out in no time. Besides "netcode" is something 2.6.2 is supposed to fix.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Literally writing a new programming language while building new software.

Either its a dumb lie to sound important or they are actually doing that lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
;-)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You see, I'm a cool and good poster and my point stands and you can't refute anything I've ever said ever because

;-)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

TrustmeImLegit posted:

yea i just get super triggered whenever i see a non declawed housecat. Its so pointless.

You are good at trolling, dude!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Her name is Sombra.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

:3:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thank you!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Cranappleberry posted:

+42 to the power of PARP

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 11, 2017

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

That dude loves Derek's dick. A lot.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • sq42 is totally folded into the PU (think gamemode like AC or SM)
  • sqlude "grossly mismanaged" and not due until 2018 or very late 2017
  • "A working 3.0 is years away."
  • features "are being cut like sliced bread" in order to hit this year
  • "Biggest failure? Communication."
  • more mocap for integral roles
  • "Current funding is completely insufficient. Backers need to reach deep if they want to see a beta release."

Geez, I'm so confused now. Do I believe you, having provided verified info before and not having any stake in it one way or the other, or MOMA, who's demonstrated his capability by

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

MoMA's Source posted:

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. *cackles madly*

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Fling is that you?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Not a hate sub. Archival purposes only.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I'm mad about Reddit, SA, KF, Wiki, 4chan and other places on the internet

Here are all my archived forum screencaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo