Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
my son is also named gbuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gable Oak
Apr 19, 2005
Internet Shepherdess
Gary’s Answer
Ugh, you guys weren't kidding about the credit card stuff. I ordered a bunch of random sewing notions and the level of financial documentation required to pay for it is akin to refinancing a mortgage. Please don't put me on the blacklisted buyers doxx site, sellers, I swear I'm trying to pay promptly!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gable Oak posted:

Ugh, you guys weren't kidding about the credit card stuff. I ordered a bunch of random sewing notions and the level of financial documentation required to pay for it is akin to refinancing a mortgage. Please don't put me on the blacklisted buyers doxx site, sellers, I swear I'm trying to pay promptly!

What ? You just click pay, enter your CC stuff, and pay.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

unpacked robinhood posted:

same, I've never had to do anything extra

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

yeah, this is what i did. and so far only the $1 is taken from my account.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I found a swifter to stick on the bottom of my robovac!

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32668699824.html

So loving excited to try it next month.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Here is a website or similar to the one I used. No idea if it's still correct or whatever, but usually if you creep enough you can find trends for the stuff you're looking for.
http://www.alimaniac.com/aliexpress

Just search hidden brands AliExpress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hope someone bought those ant toothpicks they are great

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
Oh so SA also has a Chinese Shopping General (at least that's the sanitised name)

Don't buy Chuwi tablets. Or if you do, make sure the battery never goes below 20% or so, ever, if you don't want an £80 brick.

Gable Oak
Apr 19, 2005
Internet Shepherdess
Gary’s Answer

Pick posted:

same, I've never had to do anything extra

Well, then I have no idea what I did to piss off the gods of Chinese exports. :-(. Mine just says, "For security reasons this process can not be continued.To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification." Documentation being crazy phishing-sounding things like, "take a photo of your credit card, driver's license, and bank statement." I am 100% certain it's legitimately AliPay, but I'm not sure if it's more or less comforting that only a subset of us are getting selected for further documentation.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Gable Oak posted:

Well, then I have no idea what I did to piss off the gods of Chinese exports. :-(. Mine just says, "For security reasons this process can not be continued.To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification." Documentation being crazy phishing-sounding things like, "take a photo of your credit card, driver's license, and bank statement." I am 100% certain it's legitimately AliPay, but I'm not sure if it's more or less comforting that only a subset of us are getting selected for further documentation.

I've never had to do anything extra. I'm using a Visa associated with my bank.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Gable Oak posted:

Sounds like someone pmed you and you're being scammed. I'd cancel the order and try ordering from another seller, because this sounds shady as heck and I've never heard of it before!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Once I had an order fail to go through because there was a hold on my card (I bought a lot of pizza for a pair of events and my bank froze my card for a few days). Nothing like this happened, they just canceled my order and I was able to try again later.
Alipay should not be demanding your driver's license!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually, there was something similar in the thread that I made about AliExpress in the coupons sub for him, if you were having that problem, go there, because some people were discussing it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
washi tape of donuts

that entire store is great btw

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Why the gently caress is this thread still open?

Wish we still had the rear end Thread...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Salty Josh posted:

Why the gently caress is this thread still open?

Aliexpress is good, fucko

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Just got my vivo earplugs from AliExpress, as far as I can tell they're much better than the lovely ones I used to buy for cheap in pharmacies.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

Aliexpress is good, fucko

Fucko:
A jackass, dumbshit sort of person, who although tries to be smart about things ends up with their head up their rear end.

Yup, that's about right.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Salty Josh posted:

Search for rear end on aliexpress, there's something for everyone.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Odddzy posted:

Just got my vivo earplugs from AliExpress, as far as I can tell they're much better than the lovely ones I used to buy for cheap in pharmacies.

Link?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Snowy posted:

Search for rear end on aliexpress, there's something for everyone.

Oh, yeah, for sure! :)

For your rig:

For your fashion:

For your coffee:

Got the sniffles? We've got your back:

And finally, some cute butt magnets :3:

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Gable Oak posted:

Same boat here, but I blacked out all but the first 2 and last 4 digits of my cards. My ID, two cards, and two statemnts of said cards, been waiting 4 days now for approval. Very sad, wanna spend my money!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

I ordered two and they both were packed properly and it took my around two weeks to get it. Honestly i'm quite surprised it was so easy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...fd-78efaf95409b

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Hug in a Can posted:

Oh, yeah, for sure! :)

For your rig:

For your fashion:

For your coffee:

Got the sniffles? We've got your back:

And finally, some cute butt magnets :3:

Thanks man.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I need more cheap weird poo poo to sell to local retards at jacked up prices

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Welp

https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32648903879.html

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I swear those all look like miniatures

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Has anyone tried those cash back referral sites

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Aliexpress is way better than Amazon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

oh no portland's economy has developed consciousness

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Woden
May 6, 2006

Gable Oak posted:

I had that when a transaction wanted to use SMS authorisation, I thought it was a phishing link and so ignored it multiple times.

No way I was giving up that info so I just tried again from a different vendor selling the same poo poo and it went through fine.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Has anyone tried those cash back referral sites

I've.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Johnny Aztec posted:

For raw return on investment you can't go wrong with poo poo like this. I've seen those going for £1.50/£2 a pop in our local markets.

I bought a handful of these pieces of poo poo for work and surprisingly they write really well, the stylus works as a stylus, I wouldn't trust the spirit level but the screwdriver has been used successfully a few times. Again I've see them going for £4-5.

These would require a lot more upfront but again you'd easily make a killing.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anyone able to translate this shirt? I must know what that girl is crying about.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Killingyouguy! posted:

Anyone able to translate this shirt? I must know what that girl is crying about.

I remember seeing the same design with the English text "someone ate all my bread" or something similar

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Google Translate says the last two characters are 'hemp bag'. I don't know what the first two are.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I remember seeing the same design with the English text "someone ate all my bread" or something similar

I had too, but wow, it's actually a different shot. This anime girl is upset by a lot.

edit: Let's Speak Italian!

Chicken Ramen hoodie

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I think I have a problem:

Since reading this thread, I've made 13 purchases and it is all stuff that I don't really need: watches, cables, torches, USB stuff, rings (I don;t wear jewellery)

I see something on there and go 'blimey that's cheap' and add it to my cart. Paying is a couple of clicks and - here's the killer - because it takes so long to get here, I don't get the usual buyer's remorse that stops me buying new stuff.