Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Honestly if Rick had just picked up that big rubbermaid tub and slapped it on top of that spike zombie Dead Rising style he could've saved a ton of trouble. Or just pushed one of those couches into it.

I'm going to love it though, if his hand gets infected and has to be cut off, fianally reaching parity with the source again :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Caper posted:

Oh man that CGI tiger... I can't believe what I just saw
Everybody around here has been saying for over a year, that they thought Z-Nation is so much better so TWD was like "gently caress it, we can hire some CGI dinks from one of those "videogame institutes" I'm always seeing commericals for"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
That was a terrible waste of a spike zombie.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm halfway through the newest ep and it's like the worst poo poo i've ever watched and i want to die

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Parity warning posted:

I'm halfway through the newest ep and it's like the worst poo poo i've ever watched and i want to die

A couple minutes after I posted this RIck fell into a junkyard sarlacc pit and then tried to defeat a spike zombie with a keyboard

maybe this is really good after all

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Barreft posted:

Here's a cleanser after that horrible episode.

Is that a watermelon that shoots lasers?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
The showrunners definitely know how to drain a scene of all energy and slow an episode waaay down. Every scene take exactly as long as it is conceivably possible to make it.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I think the writers thought that because people liked The Kingdom, they could add a second group that acted eccentrically and use it as a substitute for character. All the sentences had long pauses, mostly with about five syllables for dramatic effect. They were also copying from better previous and comic-future raider-type groups.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

If something happens to Jerry the Page, I'm going to write a strongly worded letter and hand deliver it to them. He's the only bright spot left in the show.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So, how long before Security Dude does something to get his head bashed in on purpose in order to convince Zeke that the obvious violent bad guys that must be stopped are obvious violent bad guys that must be stopped?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo martyr Tara already

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

moist turtleneck posted:

Holy poo poo martyr Tara already
Her exchange with Rosita and Aaron felt like when the Office had a bunch of deleted scenes each episode, usually throwaway jokes with Kevin, Oscar, Angela, etc.
Like, that scene just made me like everyone involved less. Sometimes the script just has them say short, mean things to each other, all in the same author's voice. I can probably count on one hand the number of times people spoke realistically on this show.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder at what point the trash people decided to wear all black, and what that conversation was like.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That part where the trash people were walking around trying to be intimidating was one of the dumbest thing I ever saw. I think it looks dumb even when groups of people do it on horses like that part in the first lord of the rings, but people just zig zagging around getting into their places was so much worse.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wonder at what point the trash people decided to wear all black, and what that conversation was like.

Based on what we saw it was probably

Lead Barista: We must don the black black *vague finger swirl*
Everyone else: *changes clothes in a choreographed manner

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

Her exchange with Rosita and Aaron felt like when the Office had a bunch of deleted scenes each episode, usually throwaway jokes with Kevin, Oscar, Angela, etc.

I didn't really catch what they were arguing about. I decided that it was probably a "author arbitrarily has characters disagree about things in order to create conflict, like on a reality show" type moment and brushed it off. What were they arguing about?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lifts cats over head posted:

Based on what we saw it was probably

Lead Barista: We must don the black black *vague finger swirl*
Everyone else: *changes clothes in a choreographed manner

Some of them have to be not OK with it. When they go scavenge a Kohls or whatever, they have to leave behind perfectly good clothes, and just pick up whatever black scraps are left to incorporate into their garbage outfits.

Or do they scavenge? They said they "don't bother", so does that mean they don't bother people? But they kidnapped the priest. Does it mean they won't risk doing something dangerous? But they kidnapped a guy, that has some level of danger. What the gently caress does it mean? What the gently caress does "we take, we don't bother" mean? HOLY poo poo everything about them was so goddamn stupid. Nothing about them made sense. It's been two goddamn years, why do they have this new garbage society with a dialect and fantasy names and uniforms? Were they loving LARPers before the change and just decided to make up a post-apocalyptic society? It was so goddamn stupid, oh my god. I'm having a loving stroke

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Maybe someday all their scenes will be able to be deleted in an abridged version unless they intertwine it too well

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

galenanorth posted:

I didn't really catch what they were arguing about. I decided that it was probably a "author arbitrarily has characters disagree about things in order to create conflict, like on a reality show" type moment and brushed it off. What were they arguing about?

I thought Rosita and Sascha had a beef because of the Abe stuff, but I guess Rosita is just a bitch now?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Some of them have to be not OK with it. When they go scavenge a Kohls or whatever, they have to leave behind perfectly good clothes, and just pick up whatever black scraps are left to incorporate into their garbage outfits.

Or do they scavenge? They said they "don't bother", so does that mean they don't bother people? But they kidnapped the priest. Does it mean they won't risk doing something dangerous? But they kidnapped a guy, that has some level of danger. What the gently caress does it mean? What the gently caress does "we take, we don't bother" mean? HOLY poo poo everything about them was so goddamn stupid. Nothing about them made sense. It's been two goddamn years, why do they have this new garbage society with a dialect and fantasy names and uniforms? Were they loving LARPers before the change and just decided to make up a post-apocalyptic society? It was so goddamn stupid, oh my god. I'm having a loving stroke

Maybe they were like that all along and, apart from their spike zombie, really have no idea what's going on outside of their trashland.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought Rosita and Sascha had a beef because of the Abe stuff, but I guess Rosita is just a bitch now?

Like every B character has told her to chill the gently caress out, she hasn't, got multiple people killed and Eugene captured and I guess "double down" is her new personality.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where do the garbage people live? And don't say "in the dump" because that's not an answer. They need shelter, a place to cook food, etc. Do they have little warrens carved out of the garbage? Are they mole garbage people, burrowing into the soft garbage hills?

The more I think about it, the angrier I am at how little sense "we take, we don't bother" makes. Alexandria, a town that started out pretty well prepared and has multiple teams of scavengers methodically picking clean the surrounding areas, and by surrounding areas I mean within a week's drive, has had problems with keeping their pantry stocked. But these loving trash people, who apparently have no cars, aren't supplementing their scavenging with agriculture, they're doing fine with the primary survival plan of staking out difficult to get to supplies and waiting for a better armed group to get them. But not too better armed, the group that actually gets the supplies has to be capable of getting the supplies that the garbagemen can't or won't, but not so much better prepared that they can't be defeated by the garbagemen, who have no guns, just knives made out of garbage. Which is I guess why they left Rick and Aaron alone when they got to the boat, because Rick and Aaron had guns.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

^burtle posted:

Like every B character has told her to chill the gently caress out, she hasn't, got multiple people killed and Eugene captured and I guess "double down" is her new personality.

You know what? She's being an idiot but I'm on her side %100.
Think about this:

She was in a long term relationship with a man that unceremoniously dumped her without explanation.

Abe then hooked up with Sasha, who did so without feeling even remotely bad about violating her association with Rosita.

Then Abe died, and everyone stood by Sasha and mourned and nurtured HER like she's the one who had been with him through thick and thin. Not a single person even considered comforting Rosita. What's more, he died before she could pin him down and get the apology/resolution that she was loving OWED after all they went through.

She is sick of "chilling the gently caress out" with a group that has a years long pattern of "chilling the gently caress out until several beloved people die". She is suffering and psychologically hurt and just wants to start loving murdering some faces. I don't blame her for distancing herself from everyone that didn't even give her a hug or a "are you okay?" after she lost the person closest to her in a brutal attack.

Jesus Christ, Sasha even went to the Hilltop with Maggie to play Widow Club. Sasha knew him for like ten loving minutes!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

take him to the up up must be one of the worst lines in tv history

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Stairs posted:

She is sick of "chilling the gently caress out" with a group that has a years long pattern of "chilling the gently caress out until several beloved people die". She is suffering and psychologically hurt and just wants to start loving murdering some faces. I don't blame her for distancing herself from everyone that didn't even give her a hug or a "are you okay?" after she lost the person closest to her in a brutal attack.

Sure but Rick just got hosed up securing their latest deal, "I'm gonna go solo" is like the worst plan alive at this point.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

galenanorth posted:

I think the writers thought that because people liked The Kingdom, they could add a second group that acted eccentrically and use it as a substitute for character. All the sentences had long pauses, mostly with about five syllables for dramatic effect. They were also copying from better previous and comic-future raider-type groups.

I especially enjoyed the minutes (seemingly) long sequence where they showed the deadpans (that is my name for them) walking randomly in opposite directions between the camera and each individual main character. Don't even get me started on how great the drawn out shot of the open area from above was.

The main deadpan pushed Rick down the trash hill just as easily as Rick pushed gently through the zombies walkers the week prior. Their physical effort is an allegory for the lack of effort the writers are bringing to the table.

Take the writers and cast to the up up please.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There there.

I know naught of strokes, however I can do a dandy tracheotomy.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 20, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did they explain why a garbage dump would have a helipad

or is that just what rich people use to drop off their orgy stained couch

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

^burtle posted:

Sure but Rick just got hosed up securing their latest deal, "I'm gonna go solo" is like the worst plan alive at this point.

Looks to be working out for Carol. :shrug:

moist turtleneck posted:

Did they explain why a garbage dump would have a helipad

or is that just what rich people use to drop off their orgy stained couch

That is the choreographed routine staging area you pleb.
The down down if you will.

I wish there was a cut that still had the green screen behind risk so we could have some photoshop fun.

edit: gently caress it, leaving risk in there

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

How did Risk have the upper hand in the negotiations at the end? Half seemed perfectly reasonable.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Also garbage dumps are loving disgusting and smell like rotting garbage. Why the gently caress would you choose to live at one, when you could choose basically anywhere elsewhere.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Kinda weird that Rick didn't ask what these people did to the priest

Didn't even see a mcpoyle wearing the priest garb

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Just imagine how much antibiotics Rick is gonna need getting jacked up in the trash like that.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Go checkout a dumpster behind a restaurant and imagine living in the dumpster,
Why?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

texaholic posted:

Why?

Dumpsters save lives.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stickarts posted:

Dumpsters save lives.

:eyepop:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

texaholic posted:

Why?

Because they wanted another group and a dump was the most interesting setting they could come up with. Then they thought long and hard about it and decided people who live in a dump must lose the ability of speech, haircuts and scavenging clothes. There is no reason for it. It's like they have a single part time writer they call in for brainstorming sessions and then the director stretch 20 min. of script into a 45 min. episodes.

Like Daryl and Carol chat. The emotions and themes they want to convey was totally fine for this kind of show. They just stretched it out to 5 minutes and filmed it with the least amount of effort. Just totally flat and loooong pauses to stretch it out. The thing is, there's no reason for this. If you are going to put two characters in a room for 5 minutes then write the loving dialogue for it. You don't need a bunch of extras or an army of VFX artists - just spend 10 min. more on the goddamn script. Have them reminisce or joke around a bit or some character building. Nope, just two people in a room being miserable and talking super slow.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Dumpsters save lives.

Actually years ago I was waiting tables and our dumpster was also a trash compactor. A homeless guy crawled in on a cold night for warmth. The dumpster truck came early the next morning and the homeless guy died somehow. Truck driver/ policeman said it wasn't all that strange. My memory is a little fuzzy because of all the weed I was smoking at the time but that dumpster definitely killed a homeless dude.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

so why did Gabriel take all the town's supplies?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

so why did Gabriel take all the town's supplies?

Hit tip: have you tried actually listening to the dialogue in this show?

someone from that new group snuck into Alexandria to steal the supplies from the boat and Gabriel caught them doing so. They forced Gabriel to pack poo poo up and go with them. Since they kept ranting about the boat Gabriel managed to sneak a clue for Rick to find him. Gabriel literally explains this at the end of the episode

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Bates posted:

Because they wanted another group and a dump was the most interesting setting they could come up with. Then they thought long and hard about it and decided people who live in a dump must lose the ability of speech, haircuts and scavenging clothes. There is no reason for it. It's like they have a single part time writer they call in for brainstorming sessions and then the director stretch 20 min. of script into a 45 min. episodes.

Like Daryl and Carol chat. The emotions and themes they want to convey was totally fine for this kind of show. They just stretched it out to 5 minutes and filmed it with the least amount of effort. Just totally flat and loooong pauses to stretch it out. The thing is, there's no reason for this. If you are going to put two characters in a room for 5 minutes then write the loving dialogue for it. You don't need a bunch of extras or an army of VFX artists - just spend 10 min. more on the goddamn script. Have them reminisce or joke around a bit or some character building. Nope, just two people in a room being miserable and talking super slow.

They should have a whole episode consisting of Daryl staring at the king as Risk advised..