Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
chaoslord, can you give me a summary of your case on MT that doesn't involve a whole bunch of quotes cause right now I can't get my head around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pander posted:

You were way too obvious in your breadcrumb btw. Decided to read IllegallySober and welp.

I'm barely paying attention and I noticed it. Scum definitely did.

:stare:

:ughh:

:negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dick Bastardly posted:

If you have to guess at what blue planet aligned is, then I guess you aren't blue planet aligned.

##vote MMT

Bad vote but I'm not sure if DB is doing what Lumpen did or just going off Lumpen's post

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pander posted:

I've been putting off reading her because she already seems doomed regardless, and she's written a lot.

This seems like the opposite reaction to what a towny would have. Why wouldn't you want to have an opinion on the vote leader?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

It would only be obvious after Tobbs flip, meaning they would have to be rereading. Lots of people are lazy and don't reread, this is MORE common with scum but not exclusive to them. You've just done their work for them. I'm trying to decide if you are being genuine in your reasoning right now, or if you were worried a scum buddy that for some reason wasn't in the doc very much would miss it and wanted to point it out for them.

As bad a move as it was, I don't see why scum would want to out you in thread. They've got a scumdoc, they can always PM if needed, no point in giving town that info if they don't need to.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote DB

There's no way he could have read my post re: alignments and thought I was trying to "guess what blue planet aligned" was. This is scum jumping on a bandwagon.

Again, I direct you to Lumpen doing it first.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MY EYES! MY EYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok so as I said I think that scum would have wanted to jump on the pera train once it became clear she was the standout choice for yesterday's lynch, which to me became clear when me and Taste voted for her very close together. That would mean:

Lumpen
IS
Bif
Ahab
MT
Inf
DB
LMac

Of this group I feel ok about Bif and Ahab, somewhat iffy about MT and Inf (him refusing to case MT yesterday was very suss) but most iffy about Lumpen. I think this is Scumpen mode. Still interested in hearing a clearer version of CL's case on MT though.

##vote Lumpen

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you think my interactions with pera yesterday are suspicious you've got a screw loose.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

If you think my interactions with pera yesterday are suspicious you've got a screw loose.
There was nothing Scummy about your interactions with pera, but in this game you get zero Town cred for them either. There are three alignments in this game. Contributing to the peramene lynch provides evidence of beong "Not Lunarian". It does not make anyone Town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm actually Double Town

so there

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

There's something about this post that pings me in ways I think I'm going to struggle to explain. Lumpen said this when pera was at -2 and her fate was already sealed. Normally when I see Lumpen being an obnoxious and patronising dick it's because he has a goal, whether its to cause scum to slip up or to get a towny riled so they look scummy. But in this situation there was nothing left to achieve, pera was already going to be lynched. It reads like Lumpen's putting on a show of douchebaggery because he knows we expect it of him, not because he has anything to gain.
That wasn't to seal pera's lynch, it was a continuation of a conversation from Survivor, and pera needs major help with her Scum game, clearly. I only bother to be an obnoxious and patronising dick so that peramene can become better, because I think peramene is the most interesting and delightful Mafia player who's come along in quite a while. Also because I was really really feeling sure she would flip Scum and I wanted a post on the record to feel smug about D2.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Again, I direct you to Lumpen doing it first.
I direct you to Tobbs doing it first, and he was nightkilled.

I am not quoting MMT out of context. I am saying that from a Town Mind therory of mind perspective, the specific wording is implausible. Read/quote my entire post there. MMT's way of putting her sentence suggests to me that it comes from the mindset of a Lunarian trying and failing to hide it. Not a smoking gun but a valid and useful observation, in my experience.

MMT's flip will show if I was right again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lumpen posted:

MMT's flip will show if I was right again.

Jumpin' on the Inf Was Right About MMT bandwagon

Noice

I can respect that

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

Jumpin' on the Inf Was Right About MMT bandwagon

Noice

I can respect that

Let's both be 2 for 2. Or 3 for 3 if you join me in lynching Pander first.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd have to read Pander first, I just remember them as shouty angry person for some reason.

But it's midnight here in Aus

So nap nap time :tootzzz:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Really sorry because I can't dedicate the time to mafia I wish I could, but I don't get the MMT case and I think it's a really bad push.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rarity posted:

chaoslord, can you give me a summary of your case on MT that doesn't involve a whole bunch of quotes cause right now I can't get my head around it.

Sure.

MMT voted Infinitum because he chose D, which was always bad in FF3. She has attempted to justify this by saying "I never read FF1/2, this was my only data point". That is ridiculous for two reasons: 1) Basically everything has changed for this game, why would she assume that remained true? 2) The D options in FF3 were of the "life is meaningless, why try?" variety; eating 10 pies is not the same thing.

MMT then called out Infinitum for getting nervous over a single vote when he dismissed her vote as bad. I did not read Infinitum as defensive so I felt she was using mafia words to try to minimize the criticism of her vote.

MMT complains that Infinitum was getting onto her for choosing "C" after saying "Stand out from the crowd!" about making the event choice. It is pretty clear if you follow the quote chain that Infinitum is getting onto her for her bad vote on him.

In saying "Just to be clear, you guys are both trying to say that you can identify me as scum based on my first vote of the game?", she intentionally tried to reduce the case by implying it is around a single vote rather than including the further interactions. She did a similar thing to me as scum in Swan Song.
----

This is something new. In one post, she goes from "you think you see something, you throw out a barely-out-of-jokephase vote on Infi based on what you see" to " the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum are trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were." So she voted infinitum: 1) based on something she saw; and 2) the vote was out of jokephase. The implication I'd take away from a vote fulfilling those two conditions was that she at the time thought Infinitum was scum. Maybe not super strongly, no, but to vote based on something you see tells me that you have scum feels. But then she says that people who are saying she thought infinitum were scum are trying to make her post look bad. At this point though I may be reading too much into this since I already think she is scum, but it seems like a weird contradiction.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Really sorry because I can't dedicate the time to mafia I wish I could, but I don't get the MMT case and I think it's a really bad push.
I thought you were motivated and prepared to change your image... Your excuse making is lame and your convenient change is Scummy.
If you happen to be Town and don't want to do the work to contribute but you want to dismiss the opinions of those of us who have been paying attention, you are part of the problem.

I don't mind doing the work, if you vote Pander.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

I thought you were motivated and prepared to change your image... Your excuse making is lame and your convenient change is Scummy.
If you happen to be Town and don't want to do the work to contribute but you want to dismiss the opinions of those of us who have been paying attention, you are part of the problem.

I don't mind doing the work, if you vote Pander.

I was interested in contributing, but I've had to spend upwards up of 12 hours a day in the office moving desks around and rearranging the office, so I didn't get a chance to read over things. I'm trying my best!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm trying to get caught up so I can post something relevant. I can see the case on MMT.

I'm interested in why Gulag thinks Quid is 100% town.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Catching up after a long and busy weekend, I'll post some thoughts I had while reading:

chaoslord posted:

This is something new. In one post, she goes from "you think you see something, you throw out a barely-out-of-jokephase vote on Infi based on what you see" to " the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum are trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were." So she voted infinitum: 1) based on something she saw; and 2) the vote was out of jokephase. The implication I'd take away from a vote fulfilling those two conditions was that she at the time thought Infinitum was scum. Maybe not super strongly, no, but to vote based on something you see tells me that you have scum feels. But then she says that people who are saying she thought infinitum were scum are trying to make her post look bad. At this point though I may be reading too much into this since I already think she is scum, but it seems like a weird contradiction.
I think the original vote on Inf by MMT was bad and based around some poor meta information. The contradiction you point is interesting though, and I went back to look if your psuedo-quotes were accurate and they are almost word for word:

Murmur Twin posted:

But holy poo poo the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum / trying to whip up momentum on him are either completely misreading the situation or scum trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were.
Isn't a vote for somebody a statement that you think they are scum? Why would you make your post if you didn't want other people to vote for him? Doesn't make any sense.

I liked Pander's D1 thoughts about pera, and even though she turned out to be scum I can't deny that I wasn't totally convinced yesterday.

Pander posted:

can you quote where she did that? I've been putting off reading her because she already seems doomed regardless, and she's written a lot.
This doesnt jive with me though, it had only been a few hours since the start of the day, she had 5 votes on her. I'd hardly consider that doomed, and this dismissal seems weird.

I also think Dick Bastardly's vote is pretty lazy and his reasoning is bad. I don't think he read MMTs post correctly.

I gotta do some work then I'll catch up on Rarity/Lumpen

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I'm trying to get caught up so I can post something relevant. I can see the case on MMT.

I'm interested in why Gulag thinks Quid is 100% town.

I'm going to drop a bombshell here: Ebola Gay is scum.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Hey CCKeane, I am genuinely unsure if this is just jokephase, an actual role claim/ability use, or both or what.

CCKeane posted:

I'm glad CPig rigged the RNG to make me Cid, I'll fix yer airship (this is a power role claim please don't kill me ty)

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to use my day action of SCAN on this h/o.

CCKeane posted:

I would vote MMT my DAY ACTION revealed that she likes bad sports teams.

CCKeane posted:

Pera and MMT are SCUM BUDDIES.

Why haven't you voted MMT yet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

I noticed this new thing too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The case on MMT is really good, but I'm a bit wary because there's so many people jumping on it. It just seems too easy, if that makes sense? On Day 1 I was ready to vote for MMT but the bandwagonning is off-putting, I guess?

Lumpen's case on Pander is even better. Pander was defending Pera in weird ways throughout Day 1 and when called on it gave an equally weird "well mafia has changed and I dunno if I have time" excuse. Add on to this exposing KB when I really don't think the breadcrumb was that obvious and literally posting a weak defense just a few minutes after Lumpen called him out for lurking the thread, proving he was lurking the thread.

##vote pander

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

The case on MMT is really good, but I'm a bit wary because there's so many people jumping on it. It just seems too easy, if that makes sense? On Day 1 I was ready to vote for MMT but the bandwagonning is off-putting, I guess?

Lumpen's case on Pander is even better. Pander was defending Pera in weird ways throughout Day 1 and when called on it gave an equally weird "well mafia has changed and I dunno if I have time" excuse. Add on to this exposing KB when I really don't think the breadcrumb was that obvious and literally posting a weak defense just a few minutes after Lumpen called him out for lurking the thread, proving he was lurking the thread.

##vote pander

I just want to point out that Quid and MMT both used this same logic on D1 for why pera wasn't scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

On Pander, I'm more from the Bifaux school of thought on that, it doesn't make a ton of sense for him to have been doing that when a scum buddy was going down. But still haven't finished my reread so may change my mind. But his stuff today with outing me etc does feel pretty scummy.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The bandwagonning? I don't think MMT is a bad vote at all, but it's weird that she's been jumped on so hard. I have no problem voting MMT, but I think the Pander case is much better. Seriously look at Pander's post after Lumpen calls him out for lurking (which seems kinda inappropriate but Lumpen).

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi friends I am a whole lot of games and haven't reread mmt or rarity yet

chaos has a good case put together I think. the stuff about the town mind set and her choice of words being implausible is dumb. it reads just like a poor choice of words and singling it out is extra dumb. I don't like lumpen's vote and triple don't like db's mindless +1

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

The bandwagonning? I don't think MMT is a bad vote at all, but it's weird that she's been jumped on so hard. I have no problem voting MMT, but I think the Pander case is much better. Seriously look at Pander's post after Lumpen calls him out for lurking (which seems kinda inappropriate but Lumpen).

Yes. That is the same excuse Quid and MMT used for not wanting to vote known flipped scum, pera. I'm just pointing out that they were wrong because it proved to be bad reasoning then and is probably bad reasoning again now. If there is any bandwagoning going on(DB?) then it is probably scum jumping on the sinking ship for cred.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I find myself agreeing with j fisk

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

Yes. That is the same excuse Quid and MMT used for not wanting to vote known flipped scum, pera. I'm just pointing out that they were wrong because it proved to be bad reasoning then and is probably bad reasoning again now. If there is any bandwagoning going on(DB?) then it is probably scum jumping on the sinking ship for cred.

It's only bad reasoning in hindsight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I find myself agreeing with j fisk

Well, you are posting like him. Can you expand on what you agree with and why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ya it blows I can't contribute like I wanted to I'm really annoyed with work. Let me go back through best I can

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

this is a stickup posted:

hi friends I am a whole lot of games and haven't reread mmt or rarity yet
Excusing yourself like this is a Scumtell. You and Kashuno are both guilty of this. Townies who are actually busy don't feel self-conscious enough about it to explicitly excuse themselves, they just post when they can. You're apologizing preemptively for the wrongness/fakeness of what you're about to say, which betrays a dissembling mind. Scummy.

this is a stickup posted:

chaos has a good case put together I think. the stuff about the town mind set and her choice of words being implausible is dumb. it reads just like a poor choice of words and singling it out is extra dumb. I don't like lumpen's vote and triple don't like db's mindless +1
I assume you're talking about MMT, who you just said you haven't even read, but now you're praising choaslord's case. However, my vote is on Pander and has been since my first post of the day, so you're not paying much attention, and the quality of your opinion and analysis matches.

In fact, what stance are you even taking in this post? Are you in favor or opposed to lynching MMT? Wishywashy pointless post. Scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

It's only bad reasoning in hindsight.

Naw, this time has really opened my eyes to how bad that reasoning is in general. Too many people are in agreement about how scummy this person is, is just not good reasoning. Sometimes people are just that scummy. If someone is scummy enough, scum will also be on the vote helping propel the numbers because they know it's a lost cause and want cred. Some scum players may even have helped cause it to happen. I've actually led the charge on a scum buddy that I believed had a fatal slip that would eventually be caught in previous games.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Excusing yourself like this is a Scumtell. You and Kashuno are both guilty of this. Townies who are actually busy don't feel self-conscious enough about it to explicitly excuse themselves, they just post when they can. You're apologizing preemptively for the wrongness/fakeness of what you're about to say, which betrays a dissembling mind. Scummy.

I assume you're talking about MMT, who you just said you haven't even read, but now you're praising choaslord's case. However, my vote is on Pander and has been since my first post of the day, so you're not paying much attention, and the quality of your opinion and analysis matches.

In fact, what stance are you even taking in this post? Are you in favor or opposed to lynching MMT? Wishywashy pointless post. Scummy.

While I agree his post didn't do much, disagree on Stick's alignment. I don't think pera was slipping big enough that Stick was leading the charge on her for scum cred. Prior to today, Stick was definitely posting like his town self, and he definitely isn't on the same team as pera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it's Pander because why would he bring up a breadcrumb out in the open like that?

Especially because he's right and now KB will be a risk to kill because there might be a watcher or a doc on him.

• Locked thread