Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

LobsterMobster posted:

Marc "Bonecrusher" Diakiese, allegedly a UFC fighter, will be in the new issue of Gay Times magazine

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0qJVNBR6X/

I guess we get to find out if the UFC handles out male athletes better than the NFL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just did some reading on it, and it appears that he's included as a heterosexual model in this mix of gay models, and he's doing so to make a personal statement of inclusivity.

So he's not gay, he's just saying that he's happy to have gay men admire his bare chest.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

he's not gay

drat...

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

I just did some reading on it, and it appears that he's included as a heterosexual model in this mix of gay models, and he's doing so to make a personal statement of inclusivity.

So he's not gay, he's just saying that he's happy to have gay men admire his bare chest.

I went through his instagram and noticed some pics of him and "his lady", but I didn't want to assume he wasn't bi

Sorry punchfans, Shad Smith's still the only option for gay dudes

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

That's really cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

I used to judge people for hitting the unconscious man they were fighting sometimes less than 1 second ago but then I remember that they've been hit in the head a hundred times and their body is only still working because every cell is screaming to their brain that they're either getting chased by a lion or fighting one, doesn't matter, here's the stuff needed to be as effective at that poo poo as possible.

In some instance like the black beast v browne fight, fair enough but hendo publicly said that he knew Bisping was out and hit him anyway and it was pretty obvious he hated lombard too.

That makes it malicious rather than competitive or adrenaline imo.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bundt Cake posted:

IM glad he did it to Bisping + Lombard

Yeah. Lotta softies ITT these days. Somebody post the Hbomb.gif

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

BlindSite posted:

In some instance like the black beast v browne fight, fair enough but hendo publicly said that he knew Bisping was out and hit him anyway and it was pretty obvious he hated lombard too.

That makes it malicious rather than competitive or adrenaline imo.

Just because he made the conscious decision to drop it on him doesn't mean his decision making process wasn't impaired by adrenaline.

I wouldn't like any decision I made literally seconds after being in a confrontation to be held against me as representative of my personality. I'm actually a bit of a oval office when I'm concerned for my safety. Generally though I try to not be a oval office.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

tesilential posted:

Yeah. Lotta softies ITT these days. Somebody post the Hbomb.gif

Yeah in the same thread as news about a dude whos brain is so scrambled hes running head first into busses because of trauma we should be lauding malicious and unnecessary punishment for fighters.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I would feel bad for a comatose Bisping getting punched in the head after he's down, but he likes to eye-gouge, low blow, and spit on people so gently caress him

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Just because he made the conscious decision to drop it on him doesn't mean his decision making process wasn't impaired by adrenaline.

I wouldn't like any decision I made literally seconds after being in a confrontation to be held against me as representative of my personality. I'm actually a bit of a oval office when I'm concerned for my safety. Generally though I try to not be a oval office.

So can we all be but I dont have 47 professional fights and a wreslting career spanning 17 years.

Circumstances can be mitigating but you're still responsible for your actions and if youre the only one doing it its a bit weak to say "oh his blood was up".

Plenty of fighters who fight with emotion don't pull the poo poo he did/does.

Its almost the same as doing what Palheres has done countless times. Not one person wrote off his bullshit as "heat of the moment" and you probably shouldn't just because Hendo is a cool dude.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

So can we all be but I dont have 47 professional fights and a wreslting career spanning 17 years.

Circumstances can be mitigating but you're still responsible for your actions and if youre the only one doing it its a bit weak to say "oh his blood was up".

Plenty of fighters who fight with emotion don't pull the poo poo he did/does.

Its almost the same as doing what Palheres has done countless times. Not one person wrote off his bullshit as "heat of the moment" and you probably shouldn't just because Hendo is a cool dude.

It's completely different from palhares because the ref was trying to stop it. I personally have never acted in a particularly vicious manner to a defeated opponent, but I'm not going to blame the ones who hear FINISH HIM and no one's stopped them yet. It's within the rules. It's what both parties signed on for.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I wasnt aware Hendo had a reputation for late shots. Every time i can remember hes always stopped when the ref gets there if not before. Because of his style theres a lot of times where he has to swarm a guy he knocked down that isnt cleanly knocked out - Babalu, Feijao, Shogun II, Boetsch... Fedor he faceplanted and hit with some arguably unnecessary shots and people still complained it was an early stoppage. A couple times hes totally KOd someone, like Shields, and they came back to win because he didnt follow up enough. So its kinda hard to ask in that split second to decide to stop hitting a guy who may or may not actually be done. Theres also been times when the guy was clearly out and Hendo stopped before the ref even got there, like the Renzo fight

The only pretty bad one is probably the Bisping one, which has been discussed plenty over the years

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
But yeah Palhares is worse because theres been multiple times where his opponent is screaming and clearly tapping and/or the ref is literally trying to pull him off and he wont stop maiming him

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

CommonShore posted:

he's not gay

Bonercrusher

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He should have hit Bisping another time

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
You fight until the ref stops you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

manyak posted:

But yeah hendo is worse because theres been multiple times where his opponent is clearly as sleep and/or the ref is literally rushing in to call him off and he wont stop maiming him

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

You fight until the ref stops you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Palhares and Hendo aren't comparable at all.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It'd be comparable if Hendo's opponents were screaming in agony and tapping out and sometimes the ref is also trying to stop the fight.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Someone appearing knocked out is not enough reason to stop fighting, you cant tell in the moment and often guys who seem like theyre totally slept like Shields (who faceplanted with his eyes rolled back) wake up and come back to win the fight if you dont follow up. Also the ref "rushing in" outside of your field of view isnt remotely the same as the ref having his hands on you trying to pry you off the other guy and you keep cranking the submission. Hendo has never hit a guy after the ref stopped him

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Terrible, shameful, outrageous stoppage. I never would've allowed this travesty to occur. *licks coding-calloused thumb and raises it into the sky as if to test the wind* Just as I suspected...time for FourthMeal™

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He should have hit Bisping another time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The flying Hendo punch is a disgrace in real terms, but it was also really cool so gently caress it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Gsp is going to fight nick Diaz right

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Google Butt posted:

He hasn't earned a fight with Nick yet, he has to fight Conor McGregor and Michael Bisping and Anderson Silva first and if he wins all of those, maybe then,

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Google Butt posted:

"I know not what weapons world war 3 will be fought with but I know it will be the toughest fight of GSP's career" - Albert Einstein

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

UFC 209 gate is gonna suuuuuck

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

re-watching barboza / fergusson for like the sixth time and holy poo poo it is so sick.

the most remarkable facet of this fight that is made up almost entirely of remarkable facets is big john getting on my tits. post fergusson's insanely illegal upkick to barboza's skull big john immediately said 'you're not hurt, get up'. gently caress you big john.

anyway i have no idea how fergusson is going to hold up against khabib but i do know all those empty seats in the arena are unwarranted.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im looking forward to 209. really good main card and paul "bear jew" craig is fighting in the prelims

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Really cool of the UFC to put one of their three Scottish fighters up against one of their ten Australian fighters and force me into a deep fit of existential confusion over who to root for.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bektic is on the prelim card. Yah 209 is gonna be fully sick

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

manyak posted:

But yeah Palhares is worse because theres been multiple times where his opponent is screaming and clearly tapping and/or the ref is literally trying to pull him off and he wont stop maiming him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's a sticky but in case you missed it, everybody is recommended to change their passwords just to be on the safe side.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Do the free fights that go up on the UFC Youtube page stay there forever or do they get taken down once the event that they were intended to promote has concluded?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What have we come to if we complain about a few hits on a possibly down opponent? What a shame

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Personally I think the fight needs to go on even after one of the guys is out cold

let the blood flow

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

There's a sticky but in case you missed it, everybody is recommended to change their passwords just to be on the safe side.

I don't think anyone would want to steal my password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

• Locked thread