Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

dsriggs posted:

He's from THE ATTITUDE ERA, so smarks will cheer him whether he deserves it or not.

He let himself be thrown on his head by Kurt Angle. Of course he deserves it.

I want another Shane vs Kurt Angle match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Haven't watched Smackdown yet but LOL if they gave Bray his first title just to give that up-and-comer Orton the rub. Let's not build up new talent for God's sake!

Edit: is this literally the Batista/HHH turn, only the established HHH is played by Bray and the bold new talent Batista is played by Orton?

I forget who said it (It wasn't Rovert), but this is Randy's 'thank you' for agreeing to be brutalized and legit busted open by Lesnar a while ago.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Swagger asked for his release yesterday, according to Chael Sonnen. Interview's here.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/837054347963936769

I'll miss his music, which is about the only thing I remember about Jack Swagger

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

rip Jack Swagger. I always thought you were cool since the ECW days, but they kept ruining you and then you got that dui and lol welp.

We'll always have that time Steve Austin almost ran you over with a quad bike.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
At least now they can give Cesaro a good theme again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkQcdq9JQKw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's what happens to cheaters

- AJ Styles

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Poor Swaggy, I always thought you should have been Angle's successor. You weren't quite as good a wrestler but not that bad. You got kneecapped more than you should have. Hope you can make a name for yourself somewhere else and extort a bunch of money from WWE when they ask you back. At least we always have the soaring eagle.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Swagger would've been pushed to the moon if he didn't have a lisp and I will always believe that

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Thank goodness WWE is finally free of any xenophobia.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ellsworth is going to be so sad if Carmella is possessed by sister abigail. His boo :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dear Jack Swagger, I'm glad they finally are rid of your DUI rear end

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RIP BIGG HOSS

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Swagger couldn't even get on an episode of Main Event. Dude is more done than Summer Rae and he doesn't even have an injury excuse.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I finally watched the Raw Highlights. What was so bad about the Seth Rollins promo? Maybe they just chopped it up well but it seemed pretty good. Its such a no brainer build it would seem almost impossible to gently caress up. Also Seth Rollins is a good wrestler, im still unclear why everyone here turned against him

Has it ever been explained who Sister Abigail is? Has Bray Wyatt ever had a comprehensible promo??? (I assume no and no)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

drat. I was actually really hoping Swagger would have a chance to shine when he got moved to Smackdown, but they just don't have enough air time. Their tag division has been struggling to get on TV because of how robust and story-driven they've made the combined Main-Event-and-IC-Title scene and the women, its not surprising that they can't also make room for a real undercard. All the time and energy they had for that lower level was put into getting Baron Corbin to the top tier, and while it seems like in the end that was a good call it sure as hell left guys like Kallisto, Crews and Swagger high and dry.

Now those guys are being used to rebuild Dolph for something, presumably post-Mania, instead of having their own turn to climb the ladder. Not surprising Swags would rather try his luck elsewhere.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I finally watched the Raw Highlights. What was so bad about the Seth Rollins promo? Maybe they just chopped it up well but it seemed pretty good. Its such a no brainer build it would seem almost impossible to gently caress up. Also Seth Rollins is a good wrestler, im still unclear why everyone here turned against him

Has it ever been explained who Sister Abigail is? Has Bray Wyatt ever had a comprehensible promo??? (I assume no and no)

It really wasn't bad. Just way too late.

Also Sister Abigail was a crazy nun lady who took in orphans and raised them in the woods. She taught Bray that he's the devil incarnate basically.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

drat. I was actually really hoping Swagger would have a chance to shine when he got moved to Smackdown, but they just don't have enough air time. Their tag division has been struggling to get on TV because of how robust and story-driven they've made the combined Main-Event-and-IC-Title scene and the women, its not surprising that they can't also make room for a real undercard. All the time and energy they had for that lower level was put into getting Baron Corbin to the top tier, and while it seems like in the end that was a good call it sure as hell left guys like Kallisto, Crews and Swagger high and dry.

Now those guys are being used to rebuild Dolph for something, presumably post-Mania, instead of having their own turn to climb the ladder. Not surprising Swags would rather try his luck elsewhere.

What do you even do with Dolph? Have him work Miz or Corbin for 800th time? AJ? Orton? Bray or Harper?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
WHAT'S JACK SWAGGER DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?!?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

WHAT'S JACK SWAGGER DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?!?

more like jack bagger at the food lion from now on, heh heh

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

with all these foreign cruiserweights and chinamen running around wwe now they could have given him a great immigration enforcement gimmick. beats up the funny talking people and throws them in the back of the ice van while the crowd goes nuts and sig heils him.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

kevin owens (canadian heel) would have been his arch rival. too heavy to lift into the ice van, he finally gets suplexed onto a plate of american lasagna

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The best thing about Jack Swagger was the Swagger Soaring Eagle.

The best thing about the Swagger Soaring Eagle was that one time when it got injured, and Jack Swagger came out and cut a promo saying that it wasn't a real eagle but a man in a suit.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gaz-L posted:

What do you even do with Dolph? Have him work Miz or Corbin for 800th time? AJ? Orton? Bray or Harper?

fire him into the sun and stop wasting precious smackdown time on him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gaz-L posted:

My assumption for the last couple weeks is that they are heating Ziggler up to be their big heel post-Mania so they have somebody to hit the ground running with. As you said, he's been through the wringer with Dean-o, Corbin and Miz a bunch of times already, so I assume he's going to bypass the IC level and go strait for the Main Event so it has fresh matches. It makes sense on paper and in a vacuum of the larger picture I guess, but when you actually look at that picture I don't see how it could make sense.

Ziggler's character is that he's trying to kill the new generation that are threatening to pass him by and make him irrelevant. As much as people have derided him recently, I actually think this is a great character for him because its a very natural progression considering what he's been through since the brand split. He almost lost his career against Miz, a contemporary that was always far beneath him in the ring but he now finds himself fighting evenly and eventually losing the feud to, and before and after that feud he was humiliated by young guys (Ambrose and Corbin) who completely outclassed him.

But while it is a good character (at least to me), how does it translate to the current Main Event picture? Assuming Orton is the babyface champion out of Mania, how is Ziggler going to translate that feud into "killing the upcoming generation to keep his spot?" It makes sense with AJ and Bray, but only if they turn, which seems increasingly unlikely every week. And Cena won't even be around after Mania, forget about fitting Ziggler's character into that feud.

The only possibilities left in my mind are either that Ziggler's purpose is to put over Harper so he can reach the Main Event level, or that Ziggler is going to have a big feud with a Main-Event-Ready NXT Callup right after Mania, ie Nakamura. They would both be sensible payoffs for his heel persona at least.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only thing that excites me about the possibility of a nakamura/ziggler feud is shinsuke literally decapitating Ziggler with a khinsasa

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Are they going to do a re-draft post Mania? Or some trades to shake stuff up?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Are they going to do a re-draft post Mania? Or some trades to shake stuff up?

I'm thinking probably some trades. But they haven't said anything.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Former world champion Dolph Ziggler

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Keep Nakamura as far loving away from Dolph as possible

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

Keep Nakamura as far loving away from Dolph as possible

Hey, look at it this way, nak hosed up Austin Aries so bad he took like six months off

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

shiksa posted:

Hey, look at it this way, nak hosed up Austin Aries so bad he took like six months off

That presents us with the possibility, however remote, of Dolph being on commentary.

I'll mail you the loaded handgun when I'm done with it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't care much for ziggler but i do admire the man in real life as a fellow milf hunter

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm thinking probably some trades. But they haven't said anything.

In terms of REAL SPORTZ presentation, having an annual "trade deadline," sometime after Mania as well as an annual draft on that same first week of the build to Summerslam would certainly be interesting. It makes an oncoming roster shakeup an integral part of the Mania Fallout, and allows Summerslam as the first of the Big 4 every year on the wrestling calender to be a "reset," of sorts for both brands.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I'd really like a new version of the Forced Entry album but it had Propagandhi doing Ska Sux with KO singing and they changed the last line to "Sami, a message to you Sami, a message to you Sami, gently caress you Sami!"

It might be my best idea, I'm not proud of that, but it might be.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm terrified that the AJ/Shane program will segue into AJ transferring to Raw

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Sister Abigail Lore has been a shitload more coherent than people act like it has, and it confuses me why they still act like it's not.

Bray's character has gone absolutely nowhere in the past 3 years, I wasn't watching when he feuded with the Shield, so I basically have zero idea what his backstory is

When you drag something out for this long for the "pay off" of a horribly acted skit where someone with negative acting ability burns a corpse that we have zero reason to care about, it's really loving bad

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

To defend Dolph slightly.

I think he is OK in a certain role - (mid card heel, or jobber to the stars face). Because he sells really well, in these roles he could possibly put the guy he's working with over really well.

BUT his character is poo poo, (80s pretty boy?), and they seem to put him in feuds that last wayyyy too long and end up sucking all the heat/goodwill he may have ever had. The Rusev feud he had being teh prime example of this. And even if he does have a good feud, it is largely due to the other guy. The Miz feud being a prime example of this.

He could have been a good, I really believe this, but a combination of bad booking, and Dolph just being Dolph has denied us this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Swagger said he and WWE were far apart on money. Wasn't the story that WWE was offering the returning guys like Hawkins and Jinder low-money deals? If that's the new normal I could see a lot of guys walking when contracts come up.

• Locked thread