Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Cyron posted:

the games are but i been having huge system errors on 2 systems i give up.

you were incredibly unlucky then because i havent heard of a high failure rate anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Zelda is amazing. What else is must have at launch??

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I've been playing Zelda about 8 hours and it really is amazing. Shovel Knight on Switch is great as well. Happy I got to snag a pro controller. I love my Switch.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Housh posted:

Zelda is amazing. What else is must have at launch??

Snipperclips if you have a friend in your life. Fast fmx if you like racing things.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

ChocNitty posted:

This just costed me 400 bucks.

I drove by that Best Buy a couple hours before midnight last night, and saw about 80-100 people in line, and so I left. The building and parking lot was completely dark.

After I read that message and went into BB, someone said there was a power outage last night and they werent able to sell all the consoles as a result.

There were about 14 consoles left after I got mine an hour ago. Though I ended up having to go back to BB 20 minutes later, they still had a small stack of consoles, and nobody in line.

gently caress that one is so close to my house but i told my gf not to let me get one. So if I bring one home she'll be pissed.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hori update

Played Zelda for 3 hours straight docked. Hori screen protector looks good as new. My switch didnt feel hot at all.

Maybe some are not cooling properly? Someone in thread said there's got real hot. Louisgod maybe?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is there a way to connect a lanyard to the screen like the lanyard that connects to the joy cons when they're independent? I really don't want to drop this expensive thing.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
It's just after 6 PM on the 3rd, and my Amazon order went from 'preparing for shipping' to 'shipping today'. What the gently caress is this system even doing, and when will I get the poo poo I paid for?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Holy poo poo zelda is so good. The console itself is loving amazing for a handheld, and I can't wait for nintendo to kill the 3ds and capcom start making Monster Hunter games for this.

The joycons are actually perfect for me, but I'm short and have tiny hands so. I guess I lucked out on the genepool there. :unsmith:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Crimson Harvest posted:

It's just after 6 PM on the 3rd, and my Amazon order went from 'preparing for shipping' to 'shipping today'. What the gently caress is this system even doing, and when will I get the poo poo I paid for?

9:23p east coast, still "Arriving today by 8pm."

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
how is the switch? is there any issues with the hardware? i heard there is some connection issues with the left joycon.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Bombadilillo posted:

Hori update

Played Zelda for 3 hours straight docked. Hori screen protector looks good as new. My switch didnt feel hot at all.

Maybe some are not cooling properly? Someone in thread said there's got real hot. Louisgod maybe?

Oh poo poo right, I was looking for a screenguard cause the ones at the store were poo poo. Hori seems a good bet but I saw these tempered glass ones by orzly. Anybody try those?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Mine still says preparing for shipping so you're doing better than I am. If this doesn't arrive today then it probably won't arrive until Monday and I'll have wasted vacation time. Though I could call in and decide to work I guess.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

Ask for a 10 dollar credit

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Sprite141 posted:

Oh poo poo right, I was looking for a screenguard cause the ones at the store were poo poo. Hori seems a good bet but I saw these tempered glass ones by orzly. Anybody try those?

I grabbed that one (haven't gotten it yet) but I have one of their protectors on my iphone and I really like it so I'm hoping the switch one is good too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'll definitely have a Switch by the end of the month, but I really want to break the bank and get it just because Breath of the Wild looks so incredible. watched like 20 minutes of a live stream and i absolutely need to have it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Mine got hot in the dock but didn't speed up the fan until I undocked.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

robot roll call posted:

I grabbed that one (haven't gotten it yet) but I have one of their protectors on my iphone and I really like it so I'm hoping the switch one is good too

Well hopefully I remember to ask about it/check the thread when you eventully do get it.

Until then I'm not going to be docking it. Don't care if it won't get scratched, not taking any chances.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zelda
You can have a sphere and cube bomb out at the same time.
This changes... well, not everything but it's cool!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Zelda
You can have a sphere and cube bomb out at the same time.
This changes... well, not everything but it's cool!

That's actually required for a shrine in the desert

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finally got my HORI screen protector.

It's a loving POS. Not at all like other ones. They usually have a tab to stick to the screen so you can get things lined up. Then a split backing and then a top layer.

This one: just two backings, one is about 15% of the thing the other 85%. Nothing to get it centered. Just an absolute piece of trash. Going to send it back for a refund.

The strange thing is that the youtube vid about the protector is just like the normal ones. I seriously don't get this.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

You're getting a lot of hardware for $300. Thats all I gotta say. A 32GB iPod Touch is $250. The 3DS and Vita were $250 when they launched.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Comparing the switch pricing to an apple product is apt

Even funnier you threw the 3ds in there since it was so poorly priced it got its price cut by 1/3 in 6 months

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You're comparing apples to switches?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Finally got my HORI screen protector.

It's a loving POS. Not at all like other ones. They usually have a tab to stick to the screen so you can get things lined up. Then a split backing and then a top layer.

This one: just two backings, one is about 15% of the thing the other 85%. Nothing to get it centered. Just an absolute piece of trash. Going to send it back for a refund.

The strange thing is that the youtube vid about the protector is just like the normal ones. I seriously don't get this.

Mine was not like that at all. Did you get the cheap on or expensive one? I got the dust tabs. The back was 50/50.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ChocNitty posted:

You're getting a lot of hardware for $300. Thats all I gotta say. A 32GB iPod Touch is $250. The 3DS and Vita were $250 when they launched.

So it costs more than the entry level product of a notoriously highly-priced brand and a paid of handhelds that either took a platform-salvaging price cut (3DS) or failed.

But you get a plastic shell to put the console in and another plastic shell to put the joycons in, a $130 "value," so that's great. Great deal. Tremendous.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

a.lo posted:

Ask for a 10 dollar credit

That's all I'm gonna get for sure. If I could instantly get a refund I'd do that and just go get one from Target.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Does anyone know if the eShop DRM is any softer than it was on Wii/WiiU/3DS? I don't want to spend a lot on it if it's locked to one console again.

Also why the gently caress does Nintendo give devs the option to block use of their $70 pro controller?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AdmiralViscen posted:

Does anyone know if the eShop DRM is any softer than it was on Wii/WiiU/3DS? I don't want to spend a lot on it if it's locked to one console again.

Also why the gently caress does Nintendo give devs the option to block use of their $70 pro controller?

They had Nintendo Network on 3DS and Wii U for years where everything was tied to an account.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Bombadilillo posted:

Mine was not like that at all. Did you get the cheap on or expensive one? I got the dust tabs. The back was 50/50.

I got the cheaper one and it had the adhesive on the back. It actually screwed up my application a little when I was pulling the tab, but I was able to fix it and it looks great.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It really does suck that I'm paying $70 to import games that are completed and in English but the publishers can't get out for launch.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

i absolutely need to have it

:same:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Was there ever a battery discovered that could handle the Switch's wattage while on the go?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

That cat is like "get a load of this loving guy".

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Did we ever get a consensus on which one to get?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

a.lo posted:

is UPS open tomorrow?

Yes, but they only deliver on weekdays as far as I know. If your delivery date is Monday, like mine is, you're likely to see your package move from the regional distribution center to the closest UPS office to your house tomorrow. They might deliver it Monday morning depending on how their schedule is.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Holy poo poo zelda is so good. The console itself is loving amazing for a handheld, and I can't wait for nintendo to kill the 3ds and capcom start making Monster Hunter games for this.

The joycons are actually perfect for me, but I'm short and have tiny hands so. I guess I lucked out on the genepool there. :unsmith:

I need this to happen like now

I also want to report I have no joycon issues and the grip is comfortable for me

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

Yes, but they only deliver on weekdays as far as I know. If your delivery date is Monday, like mine is, you're likely to see your package move from the regional distribution center to the closest UPS office to your house tomorrow. They might deliver it Monday morning depending on how their schedule is.

its in loving east LA. can i just pick it uup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I do want to note that the Switch is essentially the PSP. Home console-quality games/horsepower with convenient TV output. And I loved the PSP.

• Locked thread