Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
There is no loving reason why the Brock/Goldberg thing needed a belt. No loving reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I just hope AJ wins on Tuesday, even though I know he won't

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
So how is Lesnar/Goldberg going to go down? Assuming Lesnar finally gets his win back. Goldberg clearly can't go long, so Lesnar will probably win quick too but hard to see him winning quick and clean Goldberg style. So I'm guessing it isn't a clean finish. Personally hoping he takes so many performance enhancing drugs that when he comes out to face Goldberg he is 16ft tall with Heyman riding on his back to the ring.

I guess the other option is for Goldberg to smash Brock again and have it be that story that it was always the one that got away from Brock. Then we can have Spear vs Spear with Reigns taking the belt off Goldberg, which is clearly what everyone wants.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

thepokey posted:

So how is Lesnar/Goldberg going to go down? Assuming Lesnar finally gets his win back. Goldberg clearly can't go long, so Lesnar will probably win quick too but hard to see him winning quick and clean Goldberg style. So I'm guessing it isn't a clean finish. Personally hoping he takes so many performance enhancing drugs that when he comes out to face Goldberg he is 16ft tall with Heyman riding on his back to the ring.

I guess the other option is for Goldberg to smash Brock again and have it be that story that it was always the one that got away from Brock. Then we can have Spear vs Spear with Reigns taking the belt off Goldberg, which is clearly what everyone wants.
I imagine Goldberg will try for the spear immediately, but Brock will counter with a knee to the face, then German Suplex him a bunch of times, and then F5 him for the win.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Brock's going to wear a sheet of steel plating under his tunic and then Paul will zap him with a cattle prod.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's going to be poo poo no matter what.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

More like it'll be a legendary 1:50 match that puts all other sub 2 minutes to shame. It will be the greatest sub 2 minute match in the history of WWE Wrestlemania.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hope Brock and Goldberg have a classic match so the Dean fans get even more mad.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

More like it'll be a legendary 1:50 match that puts all other sub 2 minutes to shame. It will be the greatest sub 2 minute match in the history of WWE Wrestlemania.

It'll be better than Rollins vs Triple H too

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hope Brock and Goldberg have a classic match so the Dean fans get even more mad.

:same:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

it was good storytelling

kevin owens probably could have taken goldberg but screwed over his former friend and he got his comeuppance for being a dick to the one person that cared about him

i dont understand why people are upset about this other than "b-but part timers!!" which is silly anyway

it was a 22 second match that made a legit talented guy look like poo poo, it's not creative or entertaining, how is this hard to comprehend? moronic loving writing that was a waste of everyone's time.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MinibarMatchman posted:

it was a 22 second match that made a legit talented guy look like poo poo, it's not creative or entertaining, how is this hard to comprehend? moronic loving writing that was a waste of everyone's time.

My friend Russo is right on the money here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mDkU8gvsM

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MinibarMatchman posted:

Also the biggest pop was for KO rolling out of the ring.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

People love chanting his name but KO got a bigger pop than Goldberg. Makes you think.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Less than 24 hours after that shitshow, NJPW had their 45th Anniversary show, which was good as a whole, but it had three matches in particular which blew away everything from Fastlane apart from Neville/Gallagher.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"The main title holder on wwe's main show has wrestled 180 seconds in two matches."

Well gee, when you put it like that

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Stephanie: "Samoa Joe had better not interfere in the title match!"

Foley: "Samoa Joe, you better not interfere in the title match!"

Samoa Joe: (What the heck? Why would I interfere in the title match? I'm not involved in that story at all. I'm gonna go get some tacos.)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

"The main title holder on wwe's main show has wrestled 180 seconds in two matches."

Well gee, when you put it like that

he must have wrestled real good to win both of those so fast

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DoctorGonzo posted:

My friend Russo is right on the money here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mDkU8gvsM

Having Vince Russo call you a bad writer and actually being correct... if I was a writer I'd be utterly ashamed.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Nipponophile posted:

Samoa Joe: (What the heck? Why would I interfere in the title match? I'm not involved in that story at all. I'm gonna go get some tacos.)

Kudos to Joe getting in 4 storylines like instantly. Against Rollins/with HHH, with Kevin Owens, against Sami, and beefing a lil bit with Roman. Quite a bit more of a clusterfuck than him fighting Finn Balor for like 9 months. Welcome to the main roster.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Fastlane was bad enough to the point that I was disappointed in a Bayley title defense.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah I was so confused. All night they kept saying we need to talk about joe. We need to keep him in check. And I couldn't figure out why. I haven't been watching raw but I don't think they have done anything where they would have to be worried about joe right?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Triple H, much like Julius Caesar, wants to surround himself with fat boys.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think Braun should have won. He doesn't feel special any more. 2 poo poo spears is all it takes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So how long until Braun gets his comedy dancing gimmick?

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I think Braun should have won. He doesn't feel special any more. 2 poo poo spears is all it takes.

Also a missed diving headbutt. I bet he he kills 3 jobbers tonight to get his heat back.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

freud mayweather posted:

Also a missed diving headbutt. I bet he he kills 3 jobbers tonight to get his heat back.

Braun vs The New Day will be a fun match tonight.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Fastlane was bad enough to the point that I was disappointed in a Bayley title defense.

Bayley is pretty bad and her tree of woe yesterday was disgraceful.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Endless Mike posted:

So how long until Braun gets his comedy dancing gimmick?

Well he did start out as a Rosebud

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I slept on it and I've changed my mind, I like Goldberg's new millennial gimmick where he does nothing of value and demands your praise

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i still think the funniest thing tonight would be KO not acknowledging Jericho, and just spends all three hours of Raw beating the poo poo out of the bell ringer for being cute and ringing the bell when he couldn't hear it.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MinibarMatchman posted:

"Goldberg's win may draw the ire of some fans, mainly those who have been spoiled with the type of overwrought, technical wrestling classics filled with false finishes, but this is what had to happen." - Bleacher Report

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

I have to agree with this. Goldberg is boring, Lesnar is boring, and I hope their match is worse than their other Wrestlemania match and the crowd takes a fat dump on it. Pushing down the yearly talent for this garbage every year is getting old.

KO looked like a total chump.

Neville/Gallagher MOTN.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OldTennisCourt posted:

There is no loving reason why the Brock/Goldberg thing needed a belt. No loving reason.

no reason other than the stupid stip steph gave goldberg after survivor series

as with everything wrong with RAW it all comes back to stephanie

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i still think the funniest thing tonight would be KO not acknowledging Jericho, and just spends all three hours of Raw beating the poo poo out of the bell ringer for being cute and ringing the bell when he couldn't hear it.

Given how distracted wrestlers seem to be when music plays and people walk down the ramp, you'd think there would be more security by the sound booth and gorilla areas to prevent gently caress finishes.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

as with everything wrong it all comes back to stephanie

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Given how distracted wrestlers seem to be when music plays and people walk down the ramp, you'd think there would be more security by the sound booth and gorilla areas to prevent gently caress finishes.

One of the worst wrestling tropes along with Big Wrestler Runs Into Things tm.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

One of the worst wrestling tropes along with Big Wrestler Runs Into Things tm.

this was the majority of the reigns v. strowman match

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Interrupts are cool and Jericho was the best part of the match last night.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Chinston Wurchill posted:

i would like, "Shady PA" guy as a character. Just a shot tomorrow of Jericho giving him a fifty and a six pack, and boom, everything's explained.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i would like, "Shady PA" guy as a character. Just a shot tomorrow of Jericho giving him a fifty and a six pack, and boom, everything's explained.

Alternatively, backstage shots of wrestlers beating up the sound person or fighting through security to get to the production truck and queue up their music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am ready to see Reigns overcome more odds tonight, and by see I mean read about online hours after the fact

• Locked thread