Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I love how the title is a pun

Esuka to roji = eschatology

they really wanted to cram that pun in somehow

right now I'm working on getting that dreadnought

I'm sure nothing bad will come of trying to beat the central government to the inaccessible floating sky shack

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I really want to play one of the Atelier games since they look so cute and I love the art style, but I just don't have the time for a JRPG right now :negative:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

tao of lmao

a bone to pick posted:

every couple of months I play it again for like a week, its a good game but I get bored of it quickly

this was my 3rd or 4th attempt. 1 multiplayer that we made it like 80 hours before stalling out, a single player attempt that I made it maybe 40 hours into, a solo attempt when the enhanced edition came out that lasted maybe 3 hours, and then finally a multiplayer attempt on the xbone with a different friend that we saw through to the end.

There's a loving incredible meta fail-state on the final boss that completely caught me off guard. I lolled.

Shaquin
time to get wild :yoshi:

Scaly Haylie

night in the woods is real real real good, i'm glad i bought it

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lizard Wizard posted:

the combat in super paper mario basically didn't exist.

well, uh, it wasn't an RPG? i mean it's a really funny game with some cool ideas that (generally) don't overstay their welcome but the real reason to play it is the best final boss of any mario game ever

e: and it's way better than sticker star, where the combat itself was p fun but there were no experience points and every attack used resources so you literally were better off never fighting anything ever. it cannot be overstated how Bad sticker star is

Scaly Haylie

food court bailiff posted:

well, uh, it wasn't an RPG?

then it's a pretty bad entry in the paper mario series now isn't it :colbert:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

naw actually it was a good game

e: spm, NOT sticker star

FutonForensic

mini metro tricked me into thinking it's a chill game with its minimalist design and ambient soundscapes, but every time a new station gets added i start having heart palpitations

Historical Wizards

If a preorder of Breath of the Wild hasn't shown up yet, at what point should one start crying? Asking for a friend.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Scaly Haylie

https://twitter.com/Lyraxian/status/837707043045793792
same tbh

Zarkas

For the lulz

Historical Wizards posted:

If a preorder of Breath of the Wild hasn't shown up yet, at what point should one start crying? Asking for a friend.

Right away, I'd say.

POOL IS CLOSED

the wind outside my windows weeps

wheeere issss myyyy zeldaaaa gaaaaame

Historical Wizards

:qq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U79zAcSeaVQ

3D Megadoodoo

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

the wind outside my windows weeps

wheeere issss myyyy zeldaaaa gaaaaame

i took it hahaha

POOL IS CLOSED

Jerry Cotton posted:

i took it hahaha

you madman

you hecked it all up

now the wind won't stop noising :argh:

3D Megadoodoo

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

you madman

you hecked it all up

now the wind won't stop noising :argh:

maybe it's not wind but Arnold behind your window

Historical Wizards

My life is increasingly losing purpose in this world void of Breath of the Wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbH754gScuk

cute anime girl

new zelda VERy good

Pro Target

well, uh, it wasn't an RPG? i mean it's a really funny game with some cool ideas that (generally) don't overstay their welcome but the real reason to play it is the best final boss of any mario game ever

e: and it's way better than sticker star, where the combat itself was p fun but there were no experience points and every attack used resources so you literally were better off never fighting anything ever. it cannot be overstated how Bad sticker star is
super paper mario is a game literally defined by how much it overstays its welcome. theres a level where you have to do 100 lovely fights in a row. theres an arena basement thing thats another 100 floors of fights. the gameplay isnt fun, it has none of the charm of the previous 2 games. miyamoto ruined the series starting there because he didnt understand what made it cool or good. it sucks and I hate it a lot for ruinign tghe whole Paper Mario Series

vanisher

I need someone to stream the new zelda (HW)

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Historical Wizards

Well I think I found where my copy of Breath of the Wild is. I think my brother, who preordered it as a gift, had it sent to his residence, and he is currently on vacation.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Scaly Haylie

time for a burglary

Rockman Reserve

super paper mario still has the best final boss fight of any mario game though

Lizard Wizard posted:

time for a burglary

having played BotW for like a million hours this weekend i'm pretty sure this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAffMSpW8KM

justified

Scaly Haylie

super paper mario still has the best final boss fight of any mario game though

not as long as yoshi's island exists it doesn't

POOL IS CLOSED

some of these tertiary assignments in escha logy are real dumb. and the secondary one to equip 50 search bobbers is on my nerve.

Rockman Reserve

Lizard Wizard posted:

not as long as yoshi's island exists it doesn't

if you think a big mode7 baby bowser is somehow better than giant headless evil mecha clown Luigi you've got a illness there ain't no pills to fix

SPM also had the little girl that turned into a freaky spider monster, and the chameleon that was straight up a goon

i should replay that game.....if I ever have time to play non-BotW games again.

BotW is so, so, so, so good

Shaquin
breath of the wild is the perfect video game, gifted to you by the mighty starmen of nintendo

Shaquin
its just tingles brothers in there turning a crank that dispenses games

Piso Mojado

Shaquin posted:

breath of the wild is the perfect video game, gifted to you by the mighty starmen of nintendo

actually pokemon snap is the perfect video game, but i see your point

Moola
http://i.imgur.com/TzvBpuF.mp4

vanisher

If I buy a Nintendo switch after reading all these Zelda raving reviews I'm going to be very disappointed in my willpower

Rockman Reserve

Shaquin posted:

botw is so good that i can't tell if you're trying to be ironic here

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

actually pokemon snap is the perfect video game, but i see your point

breath of the wild has wildlife photography, i heard.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

vanisher posted:

If I buy a Nintendo switch after reading all these Zelda raving reviews I'm going to be very disappointed in my willpower

:same:

I seriously could see myself getting a switch just for this game and end up never playing another for that system.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Okay so I know I want breath of the wild and it's most likely my next major purchase after buying a new phone, so like 2 months worth of paychecks away. Is it worth springing for the Switch or would I be okay just buying a Wii U for it?

POOL IS CLOSED

it sounds like the wii u versions performance is fine if the March games mega thread is to be believed. im kinda thinking of upgrading to the wii u this summer so i can add that home brew backwards compatibility thing to it.

tao of lmao

I have it on wii u and it's fine to me. Unless occasional dips in frame-rate infuriate you, you will enjoy it.

vanisher

Maybe I can sucker someone out of their wii U on the cheep so I can play this thing

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIRDCON 2017

tao of lmao posted:

I have it on wii u and it's fine to me. Unless occasional dips in frame-rate infuriate you, you will enjoy it.

Seconding this as my Wii u experience. From friends I've heard the Switch version actually has more issues with framerate, for the sake of being prettier.