Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Dehry posted:

Those are higher end sales. I see others sub $400 and if you include tax that means they're at $80 profit before eBay fees and whatever shipping they use.

E:I found one right now with 15 minutes left that is at $335.

For note: I bought my Switch from Target's preorder the day after the announcement. Total with tax and shipping, $322.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dehry posted:

Those are higher end sales. I see others sub $400 and if you include tax that means they're at $80 profit before eBay fees and whatever shipping they use.

E:I found one right now with 15 minutes left that is at $335.

I dunno where you are looking but they are definitely all selling for ~$430 shipped. Just saw one go for $490 shipped.

Sure, it's not a ton of profit, but it's a free copy of zelda and a bag of cheetos + mtn dews.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Ebay + Paypal take 15% right off the top plus your cost of shipping. I doubt most people are making more than $30-40.

Oh yeah they do, eBay fees don't play.

Ha! Reminds me of that dumb lady who bought a bunch of people's place in line for an iPhone in preparation for some sexy scalping action, only to get told that it was a limit of one phone per customer.

She tried to get her money back from some kid she paid off and everyone told her to get hosed. It was great.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nolgthorn posted:

Anyone not like zelda

Your mom is probably a very nice lady, and everybody likes Zelda

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Winning bid $450
Removing taxes makes it a $50 profit.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nolgthorn posted:

Anyone not like zelda

Some idiot blog was all this game is bad meanwhile the other ...60 whatever reviews are calling GOTY in February. That guy will never be taken seriously again.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dehry posted:

Winning bid $450
Removing taxes makes it a $50 profit.

Where are you paying ~20% sales tax?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Utnayan posted:

I wonder if the Switch will store save files on the mem card/external if the game is installed on the mem card. And only on the system memory when installed on the system mem. When you install a game, does it give you a choice of where you want it to be installed? Thinking the work around then would be to install all your games on the mem card and the saves would go with it. Do you have anything at all in system memory when you look aside from the OS which isn't shown?

i have nothing else on my system as far as i can tell. the only thing i did was put this sd card in before i turned the system on for the first time. i got no option to pick, seems it just defaulted everything to the sd card.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Bought my switch from GameStop and paid no tax? Still curious about that one

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

KingSlime posted:

Meh unless you bought a bunch, $100 profit per unit isn't really all that hot. Not exactly rags to riches for that kind of hassle

Ya, I bought an extra Switch and Pro Controller because I preordered on Gamestop but then got the Switch on Amazon (free shipping + Amazon credit card) and Pro Controller on Best Buy (free shipping and some gift cards), but decided to keep my Gamestop orders as backup incase Amazon or Best Buy fucks up (like with the Majoras Mask N3DSXL). Looking on eBay, I would have to list them at $500 for both in order to break even after tax + shipping from gamestop, and then eBay and PayPal fees.

With that said, if there are any DC area goons that are looking for a Pro Controller or a Switch (gray), I put a thread up on SAmart and would just like my money back plus a few extra $'s to get some Taco Bell on the way home for the exchange. Otherwise they are going back to Gamestop Thursday (I think the stores take online returns).

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 6, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you want a good laugh go look at metacritic's negative user reviews. Lots of salty people who don't know how to have fun.

quote:

Very disappointed and returning game after 8 hours of play. maybe young children will like it but I just could not keep playing the oversimplified quests and puzzles as the game holds your hand throughout. no decisions or strategy involved.

quote:

Game overrated, no story, bad graphics, clumsy gameplay, bad enemies, little history, many secondary missions inecesarias, very repetitive missions, very few weapons, few costumes, open world and little interaction. I do not recommend it, disappointing.

quote:

90% of people will never replay breath of the wild.
The game is designed around dumping all your time into a single play file thanks to how slow the accumulation of anything works. Theres no second quest, the enemy variety is **** like the only thing you have going for it is "the world is big and i wanna see every inch of it" which is absolutely no different than any other open world game… Expand

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Where are you paying ~20% sales tax?

Paypal

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Isn't it 3% ?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

LethalGeek posted:

If you want a good laugh go look at metacritic's negative user reviews. Lots of salty people who don't know how to have fun.

Haha, I am not that far into the game yet, but I am at the point where I feel like I break more weapons killing enemies than I get worthwhile drops. I break a broadsword and get a club or pitchfork, its a pain. It isn't an easy kids game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bomberman is good.

The soundtrack is also good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xpv_e7z6lI

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Totally forgot about bomberman. Is it actually good?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

quote:

90% of people will never replay breath of the wild.
The game is designed around dumping all your time into a single play file thanks to how slow the accumulation of anything works. Theres no second quest, the enemy variety is **** like the only thing you have going for it is "the world is big and i wanna see every inch of it" which is absolutely no different than any other open world game… Expand

I'll sort of agree and say I have no desire to go back and redo some of these things again, but even after I beat BOTW, I am more likely to go back and explore every inch of it with the gear that I have.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lol no it's trash.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bomberman is cute and I had fun for all of ten minutes before I remembered I'm a loving idiot for not mainlining more Zelda.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
If you need a reminder of which Hori Screen Protector to buy. :lol:

But of course don't pay 19 dollars when it retails for 10.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If you like Bomberman it is good.

If you are some sort of Hudsonsoft hating idiot then maybe You should crawl back into the hole you came from. I bet you liked Enix over Squaresoft too.

*mumbles incoherently about Sega Saturn*

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

is this brickseek accurate? It says there are 3 r+b consoles and 14 grey consoles between the 2 Walmart I live near. is that possible? I do live in suffolk va the switch might be too technical for these hillbillies.

ps. idk about those hori screen protectors but there are some glass screen protectors for it, I've always used these for cellphones with great results.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 6, 2017

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If you need a reminder of which Hori Screen Protector to buy. :lol:

But of course don't pay 19 dollars when it retails for 10.

At least Amazon is cool about offering refunds for the Premium protectors if you message them.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

is this brickseek accurate? It says there are 3 r+b consoles and 14 grey consoles between the 2 Walmart I live near. is that possible? I do live in suffolk va the switch might be too technical for these hillbillies.

It's as accurate as it can refresh its data. I'd of course call ahead first.

Stentorian Hoot posted:

At least Amazon is cool about offering refunds for the Premium protectors if you message them.

Yep, really want to know what happened on Hori's side for them to not catch it. It's a huge problem for the protectors to peel like that from the heat.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 6, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

LethalGeek posted:

More like "This games getting 10/10s better show why Im to good for it."

Lol the most bleak and desolate and truly open game in years is "handholding"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

More like "This games getting 10/10s better show why Im to good for it."

Lol the most bleak and desolate and truly open game in years is "handholding"

i.e. I only played the Great Plateau, game sucks!!!!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Astro7x posted:

I'll sort of agree and say I have no desire to go back and redo some of these things again, but even after I beat BOTW, I am more likely to go back and explore every inch of it with the gear that I have.

This review is horrible. And, in what Zelda game would you NOT have to "go back and redo some of these things."

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So are the PDP case kits not good? I picked up the Mario one at lunch but have not opened it yet. I mainly want it for the hard case.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

i.e. I only played the Great Plateau, game sucks!!!!

They said they said they played 8 hours then "returned it". If they didn't get off the Plateau in 8 hours they are really bad at a hand holding game for children.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Three days in, I'm loving this thing as a handheld but am really disappointed in its ability to act as a console. Graphically it just doesn't come even close to what the other consoles are doing, and when I swtich *snap* between Nioh and this it's kind of hard to keep playing. As a handheld though, it's the best I've ever used, hardware-wise, and I look forward to seeing the games that come out for it. Not interested in Zelda, but I have several other games that I'm really enjoying - the puyo puyo tetris demo and Fast RMX are both a blast. I downloaded the Dragon Quest Heroes demo but the framerate there averages around 20 and dropped below even that on a regular basis. I found it unplayable and it actually made me sick after a few minutes.

My pro controller will be here tomorrow so maybe my opinion of it as a console will change once I have that, but the jaggies/flowing textures kind of look like early PS3 games, not 2017 software running on modern hardware.

As a handheld though, A+. I can easily see this replacing the N3DS as the thing I keep in my bag all the time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Pirate Captain posted:

Three days in, I'm loving this thing as a handheld but am really disappointed in its ability to act as a console. Graphically it just doesn't come even close to what the other consoles are doing, and when I swtich *snap* between Nioh and this it's kind of hard to keep playing. As a handheld though, it's the best I've ever used, hardware-wise, and I look forward to seeing the games that come out for it. Not interested in Zelda, but I have several other games that I'm really enjoying - the puyo puyo tetris demo and Fast RMX are both a blast. I downloaded the Dragon Quest Heroes demo but the framerate there averages around 20 and dropped below even that on a regular basis. I found it unplayable and it actually made me sick after a few minutes.

My pro controller will be here tomorrow so maybe my opinion of it as a console will change once I have that, but the jaggies/flowing textures kind of look like early PS3 games, not 2017 software running on modern hardware.

As a handheld though, A+. I can easily see this replacing the N3DS as the thing I keep in my bag all the time.

You play Nioh but aren't interested in Zelda? That's odd. Do you like them Dark Souls? You know how people said Dark Souls was a modern Zelda 1?...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

You play Nioh but aren't interested in Zelda? That's odd. Do you like them Dark Souls? You know how people said Dark Souls was a modern Zelda 1?...

alternately: have a switch but aren't interested in Zelda?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bombadilillo posted:

Uhhh I really like Nioh and Zelda but they aren't very comparable games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Uhhh I really like Nioh and Zelda but they aren't very comparable games.
I guess Im associating Nioh with Soul games, which are some explore crazy worlds games. Nioh was more of a combat challenge game, true.

alf_pogs posted:

alternately: have a switch but aren't interested in Zelda?

That's true too. But I legit get the exploration and wonder feeling people associate with DS1, only its less stressful and I die more in Zelda.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 6, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I guess they don't update as much as I'd hoped the Walmart with 10 was sold out.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 6, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm importing a Japanese copy of Disgaea 5 after finding out it changes to English on English account.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dehry posted:

I'm importing a Japanese copy of Disgaea 5 after finding out it changes to English on English account.

This is probably a great game to get. Ive looked at it on ps4 but Its something I want on a mobile platform. Whats the price after conversion?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

This is probably a great game to get. Ive looked at it on ps4 but Its something I want on a mobile platform. Whats the price after conversion?

$71 after everything applied at Play Asia.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Tried 2 Wal-Mart's, 2 Meijer, Game stop and Target and not one store has had any since Friday. Apparently my area is just hosed. gently caress this scarcity bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dehry posted:

$71 after everything applied at Play Asia.

Is that physical? Does the digital not translate?

• Locked thread