Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Pro mode in general becomes a million times easier if you have easy access to the recorder like in Paris. This has the unfortunate side effect of starting as the waiter in Paris being basically mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Thanks for the answers.

where the red fern gropes posted:

if you tell us what mission you need disguises on we can probably list some easy-to-miss ones

No worries, it was more a general question.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
For Chameleon a good way to cheese it is just to see if there's an NPC wearing an outfit you've never seen before, save, knock them out or kill them, change into their outfit (as long as you don't get immediately gunned down), and reload. You don't need to do Chameleon in a single run or even on a single mission; the game remembers if you've changed into an outfit before. Of course, that won't get special costumes that are only found hidden in the map, but it should cut down on situations where you're pretty sure you have every disguise but have never actually turned into a chef before or something. Also, your own suit counts for Chameleon, so at least once in every level make sure you change back into it (changing into a disguise, changing back, and then changing into the same disguise again should work).

EDIT: Also, and this is important, undercover starts don't count for Chameleon. If you've unlocked the Palace Staff disguise on Paris but never actually took a Palace Staff disguise from someone you'll think you've ticked off that costume but you haven't. The game is tracking actually changing into a disguise on a person or the floor, which is why your own suit has to be manually changed into.

It's annoying that it isn't tracked, but I kind of understand the logic: They don't want you seeing certain disguise names as they might spoil things.

It's StalaCtite! Remember: C for CRUSHED (Sapienza): 1-03-6445612-02
Drop stalactites on four Ether employees.

Questionable Catering (Marrakesh): 1-06-4820382-02
Kill three targets with Consumed Poison as a Food Vendor. There are only two vials on the map, so you'll need to bring one. The routing is the trick here.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 10, 2017

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Nakar posted:

It's annoying that it isn't tracked, but I kind of understand the logic: They don't want you seeing certain disguise names as they might spoil things.

Eehhhh, they could easily show a spoilery disguise as "?????" until you find it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Boiled Water posted:

Pro mode in general becomes a million times easier if you have easy access to the recorder like in Paris.

I found a route in Bangkok Pro that allows me to avoid having to deal with the camera recorder altogether. This actually makes the SA/SO easier than how I did it in normal mode.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

HelixFox posted:

Eehhhh, they could easily show a spoilery disguise as "?????" until you find it.
I'm not saying it justifies it or that there's not a better way, just that I can vaguely understand why they wouldn't list things. It'd be nice to have the list appear unless you select Minimal for Challenges though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

WindyMan posted:

I found a route in Bangkok Pro that allows me to avoid having to deal with the camera recorder altogether. This actually makes the SA/SO easier than how I did it in normal mode.

Please share. Bangkok is all I have left on Pro and I freaking hate that recorder.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 10, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

HelixFox posted:

Or make the name of any spoilery costumes a riddle or sly reference, like the other challenges.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Discendo Vox posted:

Please share. Bangkok is all I have left on Pro and I freaking hate that recorder.

Accident kill on Morgan, then cross the roof, sneak through the room with the recording crew, shuffle up the pipe, coin away security/crew from the corner bathroom, poison Cross. Exit back across the roof, take speedboat key from Room 208, exit via dock.

If you avoid the main lobby you only need to shoot out two cameras this way and you can skip having to delete the evidence. I'm still finalizing the exit route back across but I think I should finish it tonight. I'll make a video of it later.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

WindyMan posted:

Accident kill on Morgan, then cross the roof, sneak through the room with the recording crew, shuffle up the pipe, coin away security/crew from the corner bathroom, poison Cross. Exit back across the roof, take speedboat key from Room 208, exit via dock.

If you avoid the main lobby you only need to shoot out two cameras this way and you can skip having to delete the evidence. I'm still finalizing the exit route back across but I think I should finish it tonight. I'll make a video of it later.

This is basically what I did except the exit. Does the speedboat landing become not a trespassing zone if you have the key? I exited through the basement which requires another camera shot. Got caught trying to take out the guards camping it several times but eventually got past.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
You can rush past. They'll warn you but if you exit immediately you shouldn't get caught.

As to the route to avoid cameras, there are only three or four along this route even on Pro; just avoid the lobby and go upstairs via the restaurant entrance and stairs instead and cross the roof. The only new cameras of consequence are the two in the lobby and one on the roof in an area you have no reason to go to anyway. The others are there even on Normal, and are easily avoided or destroyed. The ones to look out for are just above the unlocked door to the roof, which you can dodge easily, around the corner on the other side where the two roadies are sleeping, on top of the other roof door near room 208, and in the basement overlooking the basement exit if you don't exit via the speedboat.

If you're not trying for SO/SA, the best disguise for crossing the roof is probably Abel De Silva, as he's allowed on the band's side of the hotel and possibly the roof (I forget if it's only when Jordan leads you down there) and you can get his disguise without running into any cameras; it's super easy if you start in your suite.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Discendo Vox posted:

I brought the door jammer and lethal poison, stashed lethal syringe in 47s room. Then follow mrfreezes guide until Jordan cross, who you can lure with a coin when he tries to enter the booth. The it's just jab and run.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
If you can get the cake topper you can also ignore basically all of the band side by luring Jordan Cross down and smothering him. Only the roof cameras are an issue then. Getting the topper and placing it is hard to do Suit Only but it's not impossible even on Pro.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Does smothering him with a cake in full view of a terrible birthday choir not give you away?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Boiled Water posted:

Does smothering him with a cake in full view of a terrible birthday choir not give you away?

He asks everyone to leave so he can have a moment alone with the cake immediately after the choir.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
I know it's hard to say really, but does anyone have any idea how much incoming content is left? Mainly with regard to Elusive Targets. I just picked the game up a week ago and it's basically taken over my gaming time, I know there are rewards for completing ETs and it would be nice to get them but if they're just extra suits then it's not the end of the world.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

He asks everyone to leave so he can have a moment alone with the cake immediately after the choir.

Which also, incidentally, way less fun that just walking in and smothering him with the cake in front of everyone.

Fneeb posted:

I know it's hard to say really, but does anyone have any idea how much incoming content is left? Mainly with regard to Elusive Targets. I just picked the game up a week ago and it's basically taken over my gaming time, I know there are rewards for completing ETs and it would be nice to get them but if they're just extra suits then it's not the end of the world.

As far as I know they aren't planning on adding any new unlocks related to ETs (at least until Season 2) other than the ones that are available right now.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think at one point they claimed there would be enough ETs to allow people who got the game at retail launch to unlock all the suits, which means at least 15 or so (to unlock the Signature Suit w/ Gloves). They also usually release an Escalation or two a month and push popular community contracts as Featured Contracts. It may be slowing down a bit, but it seems like they'll keep doing it for a while.

In the meantime, here's a contract that turned out pretty well, and I'm curious how much time can be shaved:

On Walkabout (A House Built On Sand): 1-07-8951081-02
Kill three guards near the edges of the map with three different accidents.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

If you can get the cake topper you can also ignore basically all of the band side by luring Jordan Cross down and smothering him. Only the roof cameras are an issue then. Getting the topper and placing it is hard to do Suit Only but it's not impossible even on Pro.

Yeah cake is how I did bangkok saso pro, but it was a pain in the rear end. Bugged out on my first attempt and I ended up waiting for Jordan to come down to the party for ten minutes before I gave up and reloaded. Also that roadie drinking a beer by the door is real trolly with his head-turns, making placing the topper a dice roll.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mondian posted:

Also that roadie drinking a beer by the door is real trolly with his head-turns, making placing the topper a dice roll.
A method I saw a streamer use was to distract the beer guy and wait for him to return to his beer which apparently fixes his head turns or at least times it accurately where you can get to the cake and back to safety unspotted.

Once you have the distract down getting the topper from the kitchen is relatively trivial, but it's the room full of party dudes that's the problem. Still, if you manage to get the topper on there and hide in the crate you're golden and have the easiest escape.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'd be surprised if they don't do ET right up until season 2's launch.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
This has probably been talked about before, but how do you get to the very top of the Paris fashion building apart from being dressed as the famous model? I found the invitation but just wasted a lot of time realizing if you don't start out wearing the suit there is no way to use it. Are there any other ways?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Wandle Cax posted:

This has probably been talked about before, but how do you get to the very top of the Paris fashion building apart from being dressed as the famous model? I found the invitation but just wasted a lot of time realizing if you don't start out wearing the suit there is no way to use it. Are there any other ways?

sheikh, auction staff, cicada bodyguard are all allowed up there

for shiekh, the trespass room next to where you find the invitation, there is a locked door leading outside - if you go there early and lockpick it, shoot the car outside - it's the shiekh's car, he'll come investigate, you can knock him out and disguise as him

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

A method I saw a streamer use was to distract the beer guy and wait for him to return to his beer which apparently fixes his head turns or at least times it accurately where you can get to the cake and back to safety unspotted.

Once you have the distract down getting the topper from the kitchen is relatively trivial, but it's the room full of party dudes that's the problem. Still, if you manage to get the topper on there and hide in the crate you're golden and have the easiest escape.

Yeah getting the topper is trivial, its that party room. How do you distract the beer guy? He can only see you over by the cake itself, you can't peekaboo him from the window you climb into and if you toss something the whole room's gonna look over there. I guess you can still hop out in that case anyway.... whatever, just glad I don't have to do it again.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

sheikh, auction staff, cicada bodyguard are all allowed up there

for shiekh, the trespass room next to where you find the invitation, there is a locked door leading outside - if you go there early and lockpick it, shoot the car outside - it's the shiekh's car, he'll come investigate, you can knock him out and disguise as him

You can climb up there too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

If you've unlocked the Tech Crew starting point and start with a lockpick, you can also quickly wander over to his room through the room with the piano, hide behind the sofa and subdue him quietly when he starts making his phone call. Then you can drag him back out the room into the cupboard in the piano room. Boom! Disguise.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 11, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Or just turn on the radio in the bathroom. He'll immediately investigate (even from the balcony) and there's even a closet in there to stuff him into. Don't forget to turn off the radio so you don't stumble into the guy two rooms over coming to investigate on your way out.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just picked up this game in the sale, and man it's good. I played the Paris mission like 3 times already, I should probably carry on with the story.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

Just picked up this game in the sale, and man it's good. I played the Paris mission like 3 times already, I should probably carry on with the story.

only 3 times? casual

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

only 3 times? casual

I just bought the game yesterday! :negative:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There are a number of ways to the top floor, all with their own particulars:
  • Find an invitation, either lying around a bathroom or on an NPC (the Garden start puts one guy directly to your right who has one). Go to the side door in the garden area, show your invitation, and follow the stairs up. You need to be in your suit for this.
  • Go past the door to the invitation check, go right and vault into a trespassing area, then sneak to a pipe you'll see on your left and climb all the way up to the terrace where everybody's drinking. You need to be in your suit, an Auction Staff disguise, or a CICADA Bodyguard disguise; regular Mansion Staff, Tech Crew, and Security Guards are not allowed and there's a guard who will catch you, but he doesn't care if you're in a proper disguise.
  • Get outside in the back somehow and find the pipe to the right of the doors back into the mansion (if looking from the outside). There's a pipe there that goes all the way up to the terrace of the auction. If you're in your suit, you can just go right in. If not, sneak to the end of the terrace and there's a CICADA Bodyguard with his back turned who can be subdued for a disguise. As long as you don't make a ruckus or trigger the fireworks, no one will find him.
  • Go out behind where the fashion show staff are preparing outside to the area with the shed and two Mansion Staff on break. From the diorama go into the back hallway and left. There's a pipe here that goes all the way up to the terrace behind Dalia's assistant's office. This one is tricky because the suit is trespassing at the bottom of the pipe and three people are looking at it, and the office terrace is trespassing to basically every disguise except Auction Staff and CICADA Bodyguard. However, there are ways to distract bodyguards out onto the terrace and subdue them for a disguise.
  • Go down into the basement under the stairs Novikov starts on, sneak to the stairs in the kitchen and up to the second floor. Work your way around through the large empty room to your right and once you're outside in that stair area you're fine if you're in your suit. As a bonus you've bypassed all invitation checks, but not the frisk (you can bypass that by jumping out the window next to the frisk point and climbing the pipe to your left). You can also KO the one Auction Staff guy in the big empty room for a disguise.
  • Do the same basement run to the second floor, hang a left, go straight to the end of the balcony tech area, and hang a right and enter the room with the vase and the office beyond that and climb into the attic. Take a CICADA Bodyguard disguise from somebody up here or sneak all the way around and to the right. Once you're out of the attic you should be fine. If you took a bodyguard disguise, you can enter Dalia's room.
  • Do the same basement run to the second floor but hang a left and work around to the Sheikh's room, or lure the Sheikh downstairs. He has access to almost all areas of the map and can go right up to the auction without being checked for an invitation or frisked. He can also go up the main stairs near his apartment that are normally not allowed, and I believe the back stairs up to the auction floor. They'll also let you into Dalia's room even if you're uninvited.
  • Be Helmut Kruger. Like the Sheikh he can run right upstairs without anyone asking questions, and he can go into Dalia's room.
  • Find a way to subdue Novikov's bodyguard (such as poisoning the sushi in the kitchen that Kurt sneaks a snack from) and take his disguise. He's a CICADA Bodyguard so he can go upstairs, but watch out as a number of bodyguards will be enforcers to it including one guy at each staircase. Just climb a pipe or go up to the attic to get in.
You can also do something to lure Dalia to another floor, such as triggering the lockdown.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nakar posted:

There are a number of ways to the top floor, all with their own particulars:
  • Find an invitation, either lying around a bathroom or on an NPC (the Garden start puts one guy directly to your right who has one). Go to the side door in the garden area, show your invitation, and follow the stairs up. You need to be in your suit for this.
  • Go past the door to the invitation check, go right and vault into a trespassing area, then sneak to a pipe you'll see on your left and climb all the way up to the terrace where everybody's drinking. You need to be in your suit, an Auction Staff disguise, or a CICADA Bodyguard disguise; regular Mansion Staff, Tech Crew, and Security Guards are not allowed and there's a guard who will catch you, but he doesn't care if you're in a proper disguise.
  • Get outside in the back somehow and find the pipe to the right of the doors back into the mansion (if looking from the outside). There's a pipe there that goes all the way up to the terrace of the auction. If you're in your suit, you can just go right in. If not, sneak to the end of the terrace and there's a CICADA Bodyguard with his back turned who can be subdued for a disguise. As long as you don't make a ruckus or trigger the fireworks, no one will find him.
  • Go out behind where the fashion show staff are preparing outside to the area with the shed and two Mansion Staff on break. From the diorama go into the back hallway and left. There's a pipe here that goes all the way up to the terrace behind Dalia's assistant's office. This one is tricky because the suit is trespassing at the bottom of the pipe and three people are looking at it, and the office terrace is trespassing to basically every disguise except Auction Staff and CICADA Bodyguard. However, there are ways to distract bodyguards out onto the terrace and subdue them for a disguise.
  • Go down into the basement under the stairs Novikov starts on, sneak to the stairs in the kitchen and up to the second floor. Work your way around through the large empty room to your right and once you're outside in that stair area you're fine if you're in your suit. As a bonus you've bypassed all invitation checks, but not the frisk (you can bypass that by jumping out the window next to the frisk point and climbing the pipe to your left). You can also KO the one Auction Staff guy in the big empty room for a disguise.
  • Do the same basement run to the second floor, hang a left, go straight to the end of the balcony tech area, and hang a right and enter the room with the vase and the office beyond that and climb into the attic. Take a CICADA Bodyguard disguise from somebody up here or sneak all the way around and to the right. Once you're out of the attic you should be fine. If you took a bodyguard disguise, you can enter Dalia's room.
  • Do the same basement run to the second floor but hang a left and work around to the Sheikh's room, or lure the Sheikh downstairs. He has access to almost all areas of the map and can go right up to the auction without being checked for an invitation or frisked. He can also go up the main stairs near his apartment that are normally not allowed, and I believe the back stairs up to the auction floor. They'll also let you into Dalia's room even if you're uninvited.
  • Be Helmut Kruger. Like the Sheikh he can run right upstairs without anyone asking questions, and he can go into Dalia's room.
  • Find a way to subdue Novikov's bodyguard (such as poisoning the sushi in the kitchen that Kurt sneaks a snack from) and take his disguise. He's a CICADA Bodyguard so he can go upstairs, but watch out as a number of bodyguards will be enforcers to it including one guy at each staircase. Just climb a pipe or go up to the attic to get in.
You can also do something to lure Dalia to another floor, such as triggering the lockdown.

You forgot the easiest one:
  • (in any disguise that gets 1st floor access) go to the bodyguard pair guarding the stairs off of the food prep room (not the one that you'd be funnelled to using your suit and invitation), and coin the left guard behind the statue, choke him out and take his costume - there's even a handy wardrobe to store the body right there. Then just walk on up past his buddy who won't be suspicious of you. Simple, repeatable and gives you a super easy way in and out for any number of future trips.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

shut up blegum posted:

Don't worry about the story, honestly. Play the different levels for their novelty, unlocks, and to familiarize yourself with maps before doing Elusive Targets. But if you want to play Paris 50 times in a row then go for it. There's so much stuff to do in each map.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
That does work too, but you'll want to be careful dragging the body if the door to the food prep area is open. You also have to make sure to lure the enforcer, but as you said he's the one closest to the statue and should be the one who checks the sound. You also need to make sure to hide him and either take his weapon or leave it behind the statue. While not as many people path through that room as the other staircase (which has another bodyguard milling around near the cabinets and an Auction Staff member who goes up and down), there is one Auction Staff member who comes down and Dalia's assistant and her guard may come down through that area if you trigger her script.

I'd say easier than that is knocking out the Auction Staff guy in the empty room since you don't even need to distract him and the bodyguards don't enforce, which is why I mentioned it. It's kind of one or the other; the CICADA Bodyguard disguise gets past frisks but has more enforcers, the Auction Staff goes almost totally unnoticed but gets frisked at the stairs.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Nakar posted:

That does work too, but you'll want to be careful dragging the body if the door to the food prep area is open. You also have to make sure to lure the enforcer, but as you said he's the one closest to the statue and should be the one who checks the sound. You also need to make sure to hide him and either take his weapon or leave it behind the statue. While not as many people path through that room as the other staircase (which has another bodyguard milling around near the cabinets and an Auction Staff member who goes up and down), there is one Auction Staff member who comes down and Dalia's assistant and her guard may come down through that area if you trigger her script.

I'd say easier than that is knocking out the Auction Staff guy in the empty room since you don't even need to distract him and the bodyguards don't enforce, which is why I mentioned it. It's kind of one or the other; the CICADA Bodyguard disguise gets past frisks but has more enforcers, the Auction Staff goes almost totally unnoticed but gets frisked at the stairs.

I've done it maybe 50 times by this point and I've never had the food prep guys spot me dragging the body to the wardrobe. (you can just shut the door if you're paranoid) and the gun issue doesn't change much either. take it, leave it behind the statue, let it get spotted, whatever - the box is like 10m from the base of the stairs and the guard is right there so it really doesn't mess up any patterns if it does get found. It's very easy to make the enforcer guard be the one you choke out, you have to do some trickshots with the coin basically into the corner of the stairs to make the wrong guard investigate first. For no frisks and full access it's very worthwhile. With the AV tech start you're up there in seconds.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 11, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Also we both forgot the actual easiest way:

Raise your Mastery and just start in the auction.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Starting in the auction should give you the challenge "Feeling Lazy Today, Mr. Rieper?" because it'd describe how I feel when I use it pretty accurately!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I threw a coin in the fountain at the start of the Paris mission because I thought it'd be pretty funny, and I unlocked a challenge. This game :allears:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have a helpful tip. If you want to expose electrical wires in a puddle, make sure you aren't standing in that puddle when doing so. Ask me how I know :downsgun:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 11, 2017

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Got the Professional Bangkok unlock today with Take My Breath Away - probably my most hated challenge in the game. Then I got SASO in Colorado to start off Professional mode there, which made me feel like a badass double-tapping wraith. It was more fun than I expected it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

shut up blegum posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have a helpful tip. If you want to expose electrical wires in a puddle, make sure you aren't standing in that puddle when doing so. Ask me how I know :downsgun:

I've heard many stories of people doing this during an Elusive Target mission and I laugh every time