Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He'd crash the car and things would proceed from there

"hey, it's that dog!" *swerves to avoid it, crashes, Welcome to the Family Son'd*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Isn't that dog actually from some other Capcom series too?

I wanna say it was from Fatal Frame or something like that.

EDIT: Never mind, Fatal Frame isn't Capcom. Can't remember where I heard that now.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 11, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Haunting Ground. The dog's name was Hewie and was the closest thing to a weapon that the main character had.

Also, you know it's a Capcom game since they made sure to include a sexy cowgirl alternate outfit despite the main character being a teenager.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Haunting Ground had a dog and was released in the same timeframe by Capcom, but I dunno if the dog was an explicit reference to it or not since both games were in the same style.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If Huey is such a good weapon them how come he stepped in a bear trap

Checkmate, doggos

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Do the Resident Evil room escape if it tours in your town. It's nothing mind blowing but it's flavorful as hell and a good deal of fun and now some goons have the NYC record.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Vakal posted:

Haunting Ground. The dog's name was Hewie and was the closest thing to a weapon that the main character had.

Also, you know it's a Capcom game since they made sure to include a sexy cowgirl alternate outfit despite the main character being a teenager.

The cowgirl one is bad but not the S&M one?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lunethex posted:

The cowgirl one is bad but not the S&M one?

They made up for that one in RE 5.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Vakal posted:

That costume owns, and will always own

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lunethex posted:

That costume owns, and will always own

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

that's me on the bottom

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm those shoes.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vakal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aDstrDMf0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, that song was, like, my life seven or eight years ago.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

Oh right, that's the game they took the model for Jill in RE5 from.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kibayasu posted:

Oh right, that's the game they took the model for Jill in RE5 from.

I've only played 4, 5 and 7 but I've seen pics from basically every RE game. Is there a reason why Jill became a blonde sex assassin lady in RE5? Wasn't she... very different, before?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's just what happens if you spend any amount of time with Wesker

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've only played 4, 5 and 7 but I've seen pics from basically every RE game. Is there a reason why Jill became a blonde sex assassin lady in RE5? Wasn't she... very different, before?

Mind controlled, I think she went blond cause of lack of melanin or something? I don't remember the explanation.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So I hope they use music from the Biohazard Orchestra when they do REmake 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feb4PZZjSFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlf4fEH2qz0

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Alteisen posted:

Mind controlled, I think she went blond cause of lack of melanin or something? I don't remember the explanation.

Yeah I remember in RE5 I had to reach deep into her cleavage and pull a robot scarab out of it and then she stopped trying to kill me. I guess blonde is just a side effect of mind control? Not the craziest thing in the series by a long shot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Either Capcom was incredibly lazy or someone was very creepily attached to that specific character model.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sometimes people change their hair color because they can

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah I remember in RE5 I had to reach deep into her cleavage and pull a robot scarab out of it and then she stopped trying to kill me. I guess blonde is just a side effect of mind control? Not the craziest thing in the series by a long shot.

It was on her chest :geno:

If you had to reach "deep her into cleavage" you must have played the AO version or something.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't ruin a perfectly good memory, you goddamn downer

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

That's just what happens if you spend any amount of time with Wesker

#teamwesker

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The unlockable file on Jill in RE5 lays it out: basically, Wesker wanted to use her as a guinea pig for new viruses for maximum cruel irony potential, but since Jill's bloodstream is 90% vaccines, nothing he did worked.

His plan B was to juice her up on mind-control/super-soldier serum and use her as a mind-controlled bodyguard/agent for a couple of years. One of the consequences of the experiments is that Jill lost a bunch of her skin pigmentation, so she went blonde.

Vakal posted:

I'm hesitant to call that a "Capcom" thing, since virtually every game in the PSOne to PS2 era made a point of having sexy and/or silly alternate outfits.

For example, that isn't a patch on the bikini model unlocks in Fatal Frame II.

I didn't know this before, but Haunting Ground was written by the same guy who wrote RE2's story. That's kinda cool. It's unfortunate that he died suddenly; I'm curious what he'd have ended up doing.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

When Jill showed up blonde and in a purple leather catsuit, I asked 'what the gently caress is Nina from Tekken doing here?'

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Len posted:

Sometimes people change their hair color because they can

I want to say this, but I think her hair was her normal color in Lost in Nightmares.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32 posted:

I want to say this, but I think her hair was her normal color in Lost in Nightmares.

Well yea, Wesker captured her after that.

I do find it funny he couldn't experiment on her because her blood has so many vaccines in it on top of being immune to the T-Virus naturally. The cure for the common cold is probably swimming in Jill's bloodstream.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks to Wesker's meddling in RE5 Jill has basically become a BOW fighting superhero (according to Revelations 2, anyway). I hope we see her again soon.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Revelations 1 is coming to PS4/Xbox One. Retail and digital release this Fall.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Revelations 1 is coming to PS4/Xbox One. Retail and digital release this Fall.

Ok... but did anyone ask for it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Thanks to Wesker's meddling in RE5 Jill has basically become a BOW fighting superhero (according to Revelations 2, anyway). I hope we see her again soon.

You quite unironically could probably have some kind of power rangers team based off superpowered RE protagonists at this point.

Chris Redfield, the Red Ranger, with the powers of muscles the size of your head.
Jill Valentine the Yellow Ranger, with the power of snapping necks and being immune to literally everything
Sherry Birkin the Pink Ranger, with the power of absurd regeneration and standing on the sidelines.
Jake Mueller the Black Ranger, with the power of suplexing a giant monster.
Leon Kennedy the Blue Ranger, with the power of awesome one liners and destroying every vehicle he comes in contact with.

Special guest star: Ethan Winters as the Green Ranger, with the power of reattaching severed limbs and having no personality.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Jill's butt is going to be so high def. 4k HDR butt sheen.

I've been replaying through the games recently and have made it to Code Veronica. I think the game would flow better with a few more item boxes. Generally there's an item box near a type writer but there are several areas in cv where you can save but the nearest item box is back in the previous save room.

I remember this game being better. It's not terrible, it's just tedious mostly due to the lack of storage options.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Code Veronica is so much fun because even an amateur can clean house with the knife.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
ok... so I wanted to try to 100% achievements for RE HD now (trying my best to distract myself from REVII cuz money is rough right now) and just got through CQC run. WIll someone tell me how I just got through the Tyrant Fight without getting hit yet Trevor and Plant 42 drained way more health from me? Tyrant was obscenely easy compared to the other bosses on this run...

Three achievements left, Invisible enemy, Real Survivor, and No saves.

SettingSun posted:

Code Veronica is so much fun because even an amateur can clean house with the knife.

Code Veronica's knife is Beastly. Only one close to it's level is Leon's in re4 but the play styles are so different they are in their own leagues.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Leon Kennedy the Blue Ranger, with the power of awesome one liners and destroying every vehicle he comes in contact with.

The jet ski survived though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We don't know that for sure

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

We don't know that for sure

I don't think Ashley is mentioned in anything post RE:4, so it's highly possible that both her and the jet ski are at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Not-Spain.

Her father should have really equipped her with flotations instead of ballistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lunethex posted:

The jet ski survived though

Vakal posted:

I don't think Ashley is mentioned in anything post RE:4, so it's highly possible that both her and the jet ski are at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Not-Spain.

Her father should have really equipped her with flotations instead of ballistics.