Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Are Switches getting restocked every couple of weeks or should I be driving to one of the few Walmarts that has them in a town 40 minutes away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Also for those keeping score I called Nintendo and told the lady I got a busted con and since I had a 2nd one that was working a lot better it's gotta be the controller, so I bypassed all their troubleshooting that way.

It was the one that came with the system too. I still had the packaging from the ones I bought. The system menu shows the serial number for the cons when they are connected and that number didn't match either bag I had.

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Are Switches getting restocked every couple of weeks or should I be driving to one of the few Walmarts that has them in a town 40 minutes away?

Actually Nintendo has ceased all production in a scheme to create permanent artificial scarcity, the money-grubbing bastards.

minute fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 14, 2017

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I haven't been following the thread and I'm sure this has come up but I'm going to say it anyway...

The fact that I can't use a pro controller in Snipperclips is real dumb. Nonsensical, even. Not only would it be a nice thing to have for playing with more than 2 people but it makes for a real cumbersome experience when you "wake up" the console later to play some zelda and can't back out of Snipperclips with the pro controller. it makes for a situation something like this:

quote:

1. Walk over to couch and sit down
2. Turn on TV
3. Pick up Pro Controller
4. Turn on Switch
5. Unlock Switch
6. Snipperclips pops on the screen
7. Controller becomes unusable
8. Get frustrated
9. Walk back over to the docked Switch
10. Remove the Joycon from the Switch and back out of Snipperclips
11. Resync pro controller

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://pegaswitch.com/

Turn off updates now if you want homebrew emulators.

An exploit was found. Nothing for end users but they have access.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 14, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dehry posted:

Can this be a software stealing free thread? Tia

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Dehry posted:

To be honest, I don't see much point since the Switch is already region-free.

I'm not a poor and the hassle of maintaining a hacked firmware through all the updates isn't worth it for basically nothing in return.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

minute posted:

To be honest, I don't see much point since the Switch is already region-free.

I'm not a poor and the hassle of maintaining a hacked firmware through all the updates isn't worth it for basically nothing in return.

Yeah but Jim Sterling said it's okay to pirate all Nintendo games

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
or maybe some people want to play Sonic 3 on their new handheld gaming tablet device.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Dehry posted:

or maybe some people want to play Sonic 3 on their new handheld gaming tablet device.

I want to play new games because I like new games

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I want to play new games because I like new games

Same but opposite. I refuse to play any game I haven't already played before.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

minute posted:

Same but opposite. I refuse to play any game I haven't already played before.

i bet you can be tricked into playing new games ez

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kawabata posted:

Most new games these days aren't really new in any way so it would be difficult

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Kawabata posted:

No way, cuz.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dehry posted:

Please don't discuss stolen software here.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

minute posted:

No way, cuz.

so imagine you just woke up in hyrule after a 100 years sleep

would you play such a cool and good game, even if it's new

TRICKED

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please don't discuss stolen software here.

Some people like to hack together a pokemon team in 5 minutes instead of wasting hours breeding.

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Kawabata posted:

so imagine you just woke up in hyrule after a 100 years sleep

would you play such a cool and good game, even if it's new

TRICKED
I don't actually play any video games. I just post on the internet about them. :agesilaus:

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Has anyone managed to solve the problem of the switch randomly hijacking the TV input even when asleep? For example, I'll put the switch in the dock, and it will change input to the switch. I'll put the switch to sleep, and change back to our cable input. The switch however for some reason will randomly do something for the TV to recognize that it's there and my input will change, while the system remains asleep. I have "match Tv state" turned off, but this doesnt help. I see lots of posts about it, but I'm wondering if someone has actually solved this. Ive never had issues like this before with other consoles (ps4, Xbox one in rest mode) so I'm pretty confident it's not my TV, but don't know the cause.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Zelda is good. Voez is good. Blaster Master is good. Fast RMX is good. Bomberman is alright.

I think the Switch might be good, boys.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So no word on exactly when the virtual console becomes a thing?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rolo posted:

So no word on exactly when the virtual console becomes a thing?

Nope! They have until Fall to implement it as it's a part of their subscription service perk.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

zenintrude posted:

Zelda is good. Voez is good. Blaster Master is good. Fast RMX is good. Bomberman is alright.

I think the Switch might be good, boys.

i suppose the dude on that plane would agree with you

also hes getting laid as soon as the plane lands.

EDIT: maybe before?

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 14, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nope! They have until Fall to implement it as it's a part of their subscription service perk.

I just want to play old smash bros on the go, preferably online. I'll wait.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
poo poo posting is legal until Nintendo allows people to buy the switch

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Kawabata posted:

i suppose the dude on that plane would agree with you

also hes getting laid as soon as the plane lands.

EDIT: maybe before?

maybe if there's a prostitute on the flight

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dehry posted:

Some people like to hack together a pokemon team in 5 minutes instead of wasting hours breeding.

Those people are commonly called virgins, yes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

minute posted:

I don't actually play any video games. I just post on the internet about them. :agesilaus:

My job, my baby, and my wife are hell-bent on preventing me from playing video games (now that I can afford them).

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Healbot posted:

Those people are commonly called virgins, yes.

Also thieves.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Report: After last charging my Pro Controller Sunday night March 5th, it finally gave me the low battery warning about 2 hours ago. My guess is I got at least 40 hours out of it if not more.

Also, I plugged it in next to the couch and was about to grab the Switch out of the dock when I realized I could keep playing with the Pro Controller while it was charging. For whatever reason that never occurred to me. Also, the placement of the charging port on the top of the controller makes it not a pain in the rear end to play and charge simultaneously.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I got one of those tempered glass screen protectors, and I have a tiny pieces of something underneath it bugging the crap out of me.

Can these things be removed and reused?

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin

Astro7x posted:

I got one of those tempered glass screen protectors, and I have a tiny pieces of something underneath it bugging the crap out of me.

Can these things be removed and reused?

This happened to me and removing anything - especially thin cat hairs and tiny bits of dust - from the adhesive side of the glass was not happening. I have a very fluffy cat.

I had to toss the one with two specs of dust & 1 cat hair and reapply the second/backup protector in that kit. What saved me the second time was not hesitating once the protective plastic was peeled away. Make sure your screen is absolutely dust free (use a can of compressed air) and place that sucker down as soon as you pull off the plastic from the adhesive side. Do it in a steamy bathroom.

Just know that once you peel that plastic away, the glass becomes a super magnet for dust because it gets a static charge as you peel that plastic away. Hence, the steamy bathroom.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Goons: leave your disgusting houses before applying any screen protectors.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

plasticbugs posted:

This happened to me and removing anything - especially thin cat hairs and tiny bits of dust - from the adhesive side of the glass was not happening. I have a very fluffy cat.

I had to toss the one with two specs of dust & 1 cat hair and reapply the second/backup protector in that kit. What saved me the second time was not hesitating once the protective plastic was peeled away. Make sure your screen is absolutely dust free (use a can of compressed air) and place that sucker down as soon as you pull off the plastic from the adhesive side. Do it in a steamy bathroom.

Just know that once you peel that plastic away, the glass becomes a super magnet for dust because it gets a static charge as you peel that plastic away. Hence, the steamy bathroom.
Good to know. Is there a trick to getting the screen protector off the switch? Never done it before, not sure if there is concern about damaging the plastic underneath

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Mahoning posted:

Goons: leave your disgusting houses before applying any screen protectors.

I learned this lesson too late when I put on my screen protector today

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rolo posted:

I have done zero research on this system and can't keep up with how fast this thread grows. Can the new Nintendo game thing play vintage Nintendo games? Online? I vaguely remember the wii being able to download classics, but have/will you ever be able to play old games online with friends? What about the newer but still old Nintendo console games?

I'd buy this system solely to be able to play Goldeneye 64 or Smash Bros Melee online with my friends while I'm stuck in a hotel in Kansas or whatever.

Not yet, probably later in the year. With that paid service which sounds cheap as gently caress in yen, youll get a free nes or snes game per month which is meant to have online features, no word if this means n64 too or you get them seperate, they havent said much of anything yet. I too would like online goldeneye but i think there is a rights issue with that game.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nerdrock posted:

new mario going to be amazing. you need to keep finding shoes to equip that break down after stomping on a few goombas. also your gloves degrade and will no longer smash blocks without being replaced every handful of minutes.

You jest, but wait until one of the many different worlds Mario travels to is Hyrule.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

after the freedom of a split controller I don't know how anyone can willingly go back to a combined one
because they are tiny and make my hands cramp

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vikar Jerome posted:

Not yet, probably later in the year. With that paid service which sounds cheap as gently caress in yen, youll get a free nes or snes game per month which is meant to have online features, no word if this means n64 too or you get them seperate, they havent said much of anything yet. I too would like online goldeneye but i think there is a rights issue with that game.

A free game that you lose access to after the month because Nintendo doesn't give away games anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So I've been so engrossed in Zelda that I forgot to ever check the status of my left JoyCon. Tried it a little bit ago and I tried everything possible to get it to disconnect or whatever while I was on that control stick test screen. I was about 18-20 feet away with the JoyCon behind my back and it was still perfectly synced with my movement.

I ducked the JoyCon behind the couch and covered the JoyCon with my right hand. Only then was there a slight hitch in the on-screen movement. And that was at least 10 feet from the Switch.

• Locked thread