Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
PYRAMID POWER!

Are the Zeo Crystals secretly JO Crystals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Megazord helmets are a neat idea that are almost never used. Because that means less sword footage.

I like Mondo's design and his dub voice is perfect for him, but something about him just never seems not particularly evil. Threatening, I guess, but not sinister. No wonder they decided they needed Camper Van Zedd back.

Because putties are gone forever, chat settled with binary code for Cog spam.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Well, just like when I was a kid, Zeo lost me really early on. I tried, this time, I really did.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tanya is an adult from the same period of time the rangers are. Just like them, she got turned into a child when time was reversed by Master Vile, except since she didn't have a power coin she lost her memory. When the spell on Earth was broken, she would have become the age she was naturally before the spell and gained her memory back. So she isn't the mind of a kid in an adult body, she's a regular adult.

She has been basically transported from Africa with no alteration of her background though. Her family is American and is still explorers who went missing.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Funky Valentine posted:

Fuckin' Ohranger bullshit.

gently caress yeah! New costumes, the ancient theme of the zords, everyone gets a turn piloting the Zeo Megazord for the different hats, the :krad: new theme.....

SQUEEEEEEEE

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MisterBibs posted:

Well, just like when I was a kid, Zeo lost me really early on. I tried, this time, I really did.

You should see the second half if you never have. It's basically MMPR season 4, even if it ends as ambiguously and meaninglessly as every MMPR season before it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeeees someone clipped the tortoise+ thunder zords just bellyflopping on a monster to beat it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tae posted:

Yeeees someone clipped the tortoise+ thunder zords just bellyflopping on a monster to beat it.

The best Ultrazord.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want this version of the Bulk and Skull theme.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, they really wanted to push this Tommy Cat thing hard

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Oh god the forced Katherine/Tommy romance has started

BibleThump THIS WAS A KIMBERLY STREAM

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

You should see the second half if you never have. It's basically MMPR season 4, even if it ends as ambiguously and meaninglessly as every MMPR season before it.

Yeah, I've always heard that the second half isn't bad, but man, Catherine Sutherland being cute isn't enough when I don't enjoy the other Rangers, their costumes, their Zords. Like, I don't want to be a #notmyrangers guy, cuz that's silly, but there's something I just can't find interesting about Zeo.

I'll prolly just start the stream back up in a few hours or so.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

So I haven't seen power rangers in a long time. So I tune in to the twitch stream... and for some reason there's a baby crying? What.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, I've always heard that the second half isn't bad, but man, Catherine Sutherland being cute isn't enough when I don't enjoy the other Rangers, their costumes, their Zords. Like, I don't want to be a #notmyrangers guy, cuz that's silly, but there's something I just can't find interesting about Zeo.

I'll prolly just start the stream back up in a few hours or so.

Just wait until Turbo. A lot of the MMPR stuff is jettisoned and becomes 100% goofy as gently caress while trying to keep a straight face. The villains are also a trip.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
man if you can survive the backhalf of MMPR season 2 you can survive anything

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm trying really hard to figure out how much of this episode is Ohranger footage.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Jesus ump, eject that guy from the game

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Baseball episode is one of the best Zeo episodes.

It's gotta be hard for JDF to watch Zeo, considering that the guy playing his brother was his actual brother. He passed away a few years after Zeo. :smith:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This guy's quite a few years early to be the purple ranger.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah honestly out of the new rangers only Adam was cool. Jason/Trini/Zack forever

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah honestly out of the new rangers only Adam was cool. Jason/Trini/Zack forever

Rocky is way better as a blue than a red

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sprocket is the most Bowser Jr. motherfucker ever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rocky is a super lovable doofus. I think he accidentally hit his head in that last scene in season 3 and the writers said "This is your character now"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

parallelodad posted:

Rocky is a super lovable doofus. I think he accidentally hit his head in that last scene in season 3 and the writers said "This is your character now"

That's good acting though to bonk your head and play it off like whatever.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Did the Carranger genre parody start back in Ohranger?

Why are they doing swan boat chases and go karts

what is happening

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ohranger got really lighthearted for a while after the terrorist attacks

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Did the Carranger genre parody start back in Ohranger?

Why are they doing swan boat chases and go karts

what is happening

Sentai's always loved its goofy fight concepts. Ohranger also got pretty light-hearted towards the end thanks to the subway sarin gas attack.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

Lets be real for a second: Rocky was always blue, even in his red tenure. Heck, officially getting blue just meant his role as second-in-command finally got solidified instead of just being below Tommy like the rest.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Lets be real for a second: Rocky was always blue, even in his red tenure. Heck, officially getting blue just meant his role as second-in-command finally got solidified instead of just being below Tommy like the rest.

True enough.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"You almost blew the game in the 9th inning."

That's why you have a bullpen, skip.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he's third in command behind Adam now. Adam is ranger number four, Rocky is ranger number three.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Sentai's always loved its goofy fight concepts. Ohranger also got pretty light-hearted towards the end thanks to the subway sarin gas attack.
Don't get me wrong, Carranger is my favorite out of the sentai seasons I've seen because of how goofy it is.

I was just surprised to see them keep the goofy original footage in Zeo

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Tanya's giant equal sign for a visor must be annoying. The line between the two panes of glass must be at her eyeline.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's funny looking at this season on how Adam become of the most requested MMPR rangers when he's done nothing to this point.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blockhouse posted:

man if you can survive the backhalf of MMPR season 2 you can survive anything

Seriously! I couldn't handle it when I was ten so I have no idea how you guys didn't quit the stream hours ago.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ha, Mt. Fuji in the background.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

gently caress that. Once the Jason, Trini, and Zack were out of the picture, Kimberly was the second-in-command. She takes all the initiative if Tommy's not around. Hell, she even gives off that vibe in the movie.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

jivjov posted:

Rocky didn't get a personality until he was blue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Seriously! I couldn't handle it when I was ten so I have no idea how you guys didn't quit the stream hours ago.

A twitch stream with 0 commercials makes it really bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Craptacular! posted:

My question is how the Machine Empire can't enlist Alpha.
A5 is a fully sentient multifunctional automaton from Edenoi, likely tied into the Morphin' Grid.

The ME guys are evil steampunk bitches, so it's like trying to get your TV remote to control your toaster.

You need some sick cybermancy code (aka a DVD stuck in his back) to hijank him.