Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
BIOWARE WAS MEANT TO PB THE CHOSEN ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Team both to be honest. That's what Geralt would do. :smug:

Looking forward to playing this in 3 years time when its in the bargain bucket.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Zotix posted:

So if this game is actually poo poo, what is the next big release to get hyped about?

SciFi RPG-wise I have my eyes on Elex, which will probably launch hilariously buggy like every other game (Gothic 1-3, Risen 1-3) PB has put out. So kind of like a Bioware game!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

AngryBooch posted:

loving Astrarium Puzzles didn't spawn in enemies at least.
No but there was that poo poo in Hissing Wastes where if you lit the lamps out of turn it would.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Deakul posted:

I dunno, Dragon Age Inq had a bunch of mods.

Yeah, modding in Dragon Age Inquisition is essentially about folding all the modifications you want into a patch. You don't get to plug and play what you want quite like Skyrim or Fallout 4 will tolerate, but if you can edit or add the values you want or find a variety of mods you like, you can use a tool to merge them into a single patch. If something doesn't play nice or you decide you don't like it, you may have to revert your patch, then build a new patch with the tool. It's a little cumbersome, but very doable, so Andromeda can probably be done the same way.

Not to mention we can likely use Gibbed's tool to edit saves directly and cheatengine is perfectly functional, though cheat engine might get your account banned from multiplayer if it's detected.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
I don't know why cdprojekt went with magic witcher dick 4 Geralt since in the books he's consistently henpecked by yen, sleeps with triss and refuses to recognise it from guilt and yeah he sleeps with shani but that was a rough patch ok

actually he also had that threesome, nevermind

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Team both to be honest. That's what Geralt would do. :smug:

Looking forward to playing this in 3 years time when its in the bargain bucket.

The game allows you to play "team both" and it doesn't turn out the way you'd hope.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Zzulu posted:

I spoke too soon

The VPN works, I can now log into the game and start the singleplayer again but I still get the "Thanks for enjoying the trial" message whenever I try to progress... :(

Its a bug if you force yourself to respawn by killing yourself it should work

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

I don't know why cdprojekt went with magic witcher dick 4 Geralt since in the books he's consistently henpecked by yen, sleeps with triss and refuses to recognise it from guilt and yeah he sleeps with shani but that was a rough patch ok

actually he also had that threesome, nevermind

at a guess, when they were making witcher 1, they never thought they'd get to make a 2 and 3 and they didn't want to blow their load on the Yen plotline for the first game. For the second game, they probably thought that most game players who aren't polish would only recognise Triss and then for three they thought gently caress this we'll finally do poo poo right.

i doubt they'd do a lot of the romance stuff they would have if they'd known they'd get three games to tell their story.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Tell me I can still grab people over/around a wall and stab them in the face in multi.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bootcha posted:

Tell me I can still grab people over/around a wall and stab them in the face in multi.

i don't think you can due to the soft cover system the game uses now but i could be wrong

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bootcha posted:

I hope you can and I'm just bad at it, but I could not get it to work.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Did you load up the trial version?

I'm waiting for the update to load but you have to exit Origins before you run to VPN then load it up again.

I activated the VPN, downloaded like a 250ish mb patch to the game, started the game and tried to play and I still get the trial message in game :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well lol

now it works, im past the trial point

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

homullus posted:

The game allows you to play "team both" and it doesn't turn out the way you'd hope.

Yeah...

:smith:

Luckily I chose Team Yen. Triss sucks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My two best friends preordered this game against my advice, so I'm certain at some point they're going to make me get it so I can join them for the multiplayer. Which, to be fair, was still fun in what I played of the trial. The ability to dash really helps with escapes and extractions.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Pattonesque posted:

remember when Mass Effect was supposed to be this generation's Star Wars

they blew that pretty quickly huh

Yeah, in 2007.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bootcha posted:

You cannot.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
wadda gently caress goons do we buy this poo poo yay or nay

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

marshmallow creep posted:

My two best friends preordered this game against my advice, so I'm certain at some point they're going to make me get it so I can join them for the multiplayer. Which, to be fair, was still fun in what I played of the trial. The ability to dash really helps with escapes and extractions.

That's my only interest, the multi.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You cannot.

gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WMain00 posted:

Yeah...

:smith:

Luckily I chose Team Yen. Triss sucks.

Triss literally sounds like her face is tired from, everything

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You cannot.

The melee in this game looks hella disappointing in general. There's no visceral camera close-up as you stab dudes with the omni blade and they all just slump over. No Krogan backhand, either.

Serf
May 5, 2011

What this game will definitely need but not get is a DA:I Black Emporium style thing that lets you change your Ryder. Seems easy to make a hellborne abomination, and the ability to fix it would be nice.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

The melee in this game looks hella disappointing in general. There's no visceral camera close-up as you stab dudes with the omni blade and they all just slump over. No Krogan backhand, either.

i'm curious to hear how swords/hammers/etc. might switch it up because i know a lot of people were psyched for those but if the omni blade comes across as super disappointing in terms of audio/player feedback i wouldn't be surprised if they phoned it in with those as well

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The Apex HQ app is up for iOS now.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
It's quite funny how EA can run studio after studio into the ground but still rake in billions because people still buy Fifa every year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

i'm curious to hear how swords/hammers/etc. might switch it up because i know a lot of people were psyched for those but if the omni blade comes across as super disappointing in terms of audio/player feedback i wouldn't be surprised if they phoned it in with those as well

yea I'm gonna be bummed if I can't be some kinda horrible tech ninja who sneaks up on people and jets around only to bash someone's head in with a hammer.

I mean, I know I literally CAN do that, but if it's not satisfying why bother

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

It's quite funny how EA can run studio after studio into the ground but still rake in billions because people still buy Fifa every year.

They'll probably rake money from Mass Effect also because the generation before us don't give it a gently caress about reviews, listen to the likes of PewDiePie and are a slave to commerce.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

WMain00 posted:

They'll probably rake money from Mass Effect also because the generation before us don't give it a gently caress about reviews, listen to the likes of PewDiePie and are a slave to commerce.

yea my dad loves pewds

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This is just one man's opinion but from my time with the trial I found the ME:A krogans to be not as good as the ME3 krogans.

Did they gently caress up the melee or something? Are there no longer Krogan headbutts?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
a person on my social media is going into angry fits and ranting about casuals because they think that Andromeda may outsell Witcher 3

how does someone becomes so broken

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Did they gently caress up the melee or something? Are there no longer Krogan headbutts?

There are headbutts, but there's no heavy melee of any kind, no satisfying bone-crunch foley, no guffawing laughter, no screen shake, and unimpressive ragdolling from enemies.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

The headbutt is still in, but there's no backhand and the Krogan don't laugh maniacally the whole time. Also the melee doesn't feel as meaty as it used to, although given that they've already had to patch some audio issues in MP, maybe that will be fixed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

WMain00 posted:

Last i heard pewdiepie said the game sucks

RottenK posted:

a person on my social media is going into angry fits and ranting about casuals because they think that Andromeda may outsell Witcher 3

how does someone becomes so broken

Lol at this especially because it doesn't get much more casual than Witcher 3

Serf
May 5, 2011

WMain00 posted:

Well to be fair I don't think any streamers/youtubers are being kind to this game. Sheer force of inertia will make this game sell well. But it could be the last time that happens. Hell, the latest CoD game had mediocre sales, which indicates that anything is possible.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

WMain00 posted:

Its probably going to be the same as DA2, where there's a high spike of preorders and day 1 buys from die-hard fans/people who don't pay attention to game news but there's no follow-up from people who didn't pre-order and read reviews.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

WMain00 posted:

Didn't PewDiePie just put out a video bagging on the game?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

WMain00 posted:

Didn't think I'd see a kids these days post in the ME thread.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wouldn't the "generation before us" be our parents because at least mine will definitely not be buying mass effect andromeda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Here's a teaser for what's right behind the trial cutoff :getin:

I have to say, so far it's pretty cool