Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to advance a quest, thinking I was just stupid and missed something. Something similar to getting stuck on a puzzle in Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Turned out it was a bug and I had to revert to an earlier save to advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Did they patch Jaal to be a gay rear end cum chugger yet?

what i'm asking is

game good yet?

yes restart Lovers Lab

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Is the MP enough to get people to hop over? Because I was looking to get the original trilogy sometime soonish.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lemon King posted:

If you have a beefy video card.
GstRender.TextureQuality 4
This is a DA:I setting but it works in ME:A given you Ultra+ texture quality.

Is this something you affect in a file?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Moola posted:

yes restart Lovers Lab

You know at some point I completely forgot that The Slab is a nickname from the modding thread.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Spikeguy posted:

..\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Andromeda\Save\ProfOpts_profile
Its just a text file, there are other settings you can change too. Texture was the only one I noticed up front.

e:
Which means Ultra in ME:A is just High in DA:I/SW:BF.
Change the settings to 4 gives you DA:I/SW:BF Ultra.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 21, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spikeguy posted:

console probably. press ~

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I must be really bad at this because I can't even beat the special bronze mission going on right now.

I also get like 80% of the kills everytime and I'm fuckin new with no special gear so idk maybe it's just everyone else?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there a way to check latency? I'm lagging like crazy and I don't know if it's me or the host.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

what i'm asking is

game good yet?

Hedrigall you're a cool dude probably but that gimmick is getting to be a bit much even for this, the Mass Effect Andromeda thread.

You're just getting more and more crude - please, don't sink down to Bioware's current level of gay rear end cum-chuggery.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What's a gimmick

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

what i'm asking is

game good yet?

Jaal sex scene ending with him covered in cum and weeping would make this GOTY. actually any romance ending with Ryder being really bad at sex would be hilarious. He's already inferior to Shepherd so let's ride that narrative

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Drifter posted:

Hedrigall you're a cool dude probably but that gimmick is getting to be a bit much even for this, the Mass Effect Andromeda thread.

You're just getting more and more crude - please, don't sink down to Bioware's current level of gay rear end cum-chuggery.

Considering there's only two gay male romances in the game and they're both not squaddies so zero budget, BioWare are severely underperforming in the gay rear end cum-chuggery department and Hedrigall is right to feel the way they do.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

DoctorGonzo posted:

yeah because stripping things present since the first loving game in the series is totally cool.

Actually it is because the combat is faster and more frantic and you should be focused on jetting around and smashing people not pausing the game 50 times per encounter to use a clickwheel interface

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

MinibarMatchman posted:

this might be the most retarded thing I've seen yet in this thread and that's speaking volumes. yes why would I want to ensure that my teammates are a credit to my missions as opposed to leaving team synergy and ability meshing by complete and pure luck. lemme just upgrade skills and hope that the moronic AI somehow divines when and where to utilize these things.

just lol at "standard RPG controls" being "micromanaging" but I guess when you're a fan of this dogshit game the complexity would be a net negative. gently caress options just point me to the nearest catperson to gently caress

Nice meltdown

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just started Multi (Rented, probably not playing Campaign) Not sure if it's because the camera hits objects and walls, but the turning around or panning is kinda stuttery occasionally. Anyone else noticing? (PS4 PRO)

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I mostly played Infiltrator that would cloak and get the "aim slowdown" for the sniper rifle, I never used the power wheel much at all. I played through once as the A) lways B) e C) harging biotic but I had more fun the other way.

Lots of people saying how get combat is being mobile but anyone able to chime in to say how this combat relates to previous Infiltrator style?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
To those who have the game how much of the game is spent driving from point a to point b scanning poo poo and how much of the game is actual combat

this answer will determine whether this game becomes a $20 purchase or if I just avoid it forever

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Multiplayer's fun but I can't finish a match without it just crashing to desktop. :(

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I too like to micromanage everything in my space alien sex simulator

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Unormal posted:

Multiplayer's fun but I can't finish a match without it just crashing to desktop. :(

Gotta get a Bone

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
For you dudes and dudes who identify as ladies who played the demo- how's it feel beyond the first 10 hours? Specifically, how's the narrative and story? Does it get better? Can romance all the aliens?

For context I liked all the mass effects, loved origins, but really couldn't stand inquisition. Supposedly it had a good story, but it just played like a grindy MMO. Just trying to gauge if I should skip this one.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

A Spider Covets posted:

I don't want to buy this until it's cheaper but I'm really curious what species made the cut into Andromeda. What aliens do we get to adventure with again? Are there elcor, the best aliens?

Turian, Krogan and Asari in your squad. Salarians are present on your ship.

There are no Elcor. There are no Hanar, Batarians, Quarians, Vorcha, Drell or Volus.

There are two new alien species.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 21, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's 2017 and you still can't romance a krogan, what is this, puritan times?????

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR posted:

For you dudes and dudes who identify as ladies who played the demo- how's it feel beyond the first 10 hours? Specifically, how's the narrative and story? Does it get better? Can romance all the aliens?

For context I liked all the mass effects, loved origins, but really couldn't stand inquisition. Supposedly it had a good story, but it just played like a grindy MMO. Just trying to gauge if I should skip this one.
I really need to know this, too.
DAInq really kindadid, but gently caress if the gameplay just completely hosed up the game and ruined its fun. The combat was kinda iffy as well, but was pretty bearable. The MMO bullshit was just a travesty.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Did Bioware ever release that shared face repository?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a way to check latency? I'm lagging like crazy and I don't know if it's me or the host.
Have you tried hosting? That's pretty much always the answer for that poo poo.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Whoever designed the menu system for this game needs a swift kick to the cloaca. So many loving subfolders. I might hold off playing the rest of the game until the save editor gets released so I never have to deal with the in-game inventory again.
The new galaxy map loving sucks as well.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

moist turtleneck posted:

I too like to micromanage everything in my space alien sex simulator

:same:

Flatscan posted:

Whoever designed the menu system for this game needs a swift kick to the cloaca. So many loving subfolders. I might hold off playing the rest of the game until the save editor gets released so I never have to deal with the in-game inventory again.
The new galaxy map loving sucks as well.

EA's UI design fundamentals strikes again

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BexGu posted:

Did Bioware ever release that shared face repository?

https://masseffectarchives.com/en_US/

Still in beta and nothing clicks through for me - don't know if that's a Firefox+mods issue, however.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually it is because the combat is faster and more frantic and you should be focused on jetting around and smashing people not pausing the game 50 times per encounter to use a clickwheel interface

This guy gets it.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
It can't be intentional with that release schedule, but I like how the big central fortress from where the bad guy tries to send a signal to destroy the whole world is called Meridian. Dammit ME:A, don't remind people of Horizon Zero Dawn or they'll go play that instead.

Serf
May 5, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

I have no loving idea why they cut the demo off where they did. The vault is where things actually start to get interesting, and it should've been in the demo.

That said, if you follow the path the game lays out (which is more well telegraphed than Inquisition), you end up in a long stretch where you never get to shoot people. It makes things drag a bit.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

CharlestonJew posted:

To those who have the game how much of the game is spent driving from point a to point b scanning poo poo and how much of the game is actual combat

At least 80/20. Despite combat being this game's saving grace unless you're one of those people that wants to do every little pointless thing on the map you won't be fighting for the vast majority of your play time.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Drifter posted:

I really need to know this, too.
DAInq really kindadid, but gently caress if the gameplay just completely hosed up the game and ruined its fun. The combat was kinda iffy as well, but was pretty bearable. The MMO bullshit was just a travesty.

It's got as much side stuff, but it's better parcelled up.

So you'll do a story on a planet, and it'll have a few side bits. You'll finish the story on the planet for now, and at this point you'll be pushed off to another location for the main story, and a bunch of extra sidequests open up on the planet you just beat. You will be explicitly told in fiction "go do stuff, this will all be here for you later". It's made clear it's side stuff, extra stuff. It's also got far more dialogue and reward for... most of it.

I don't know if that persists past where I am, but I think it will?

There are far too many resources and stuff like that, but as far as I can tell, much like DAI, just buying poo poo in a shop is fine and do a smidge of research and crafting to top up a weakness.

A big difference is that an incidental fight in DAI is a horrible chore, and an incidental fight in MEA is scifi superhero fun.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
TRIP REPORT MY FRIENDS:

The narrative continuity of this game is really messy. I don't know if it's a result of it being so "open-world, do whatever you want whenever you want," but what it basically means is that characters end up knowing things before they should know them and discover/develop relationships with each other seemingly off-screen, only for it to be regressed a lil' bit in a later scene. This mostly pertains to your squadmates, but will also affect the "continuity" of the Nexus along with your own in-game knowledge base. Examples include you or other people knowing about the Remnant before anyone actually names them. Also, everything about your first meeting with the Angara -- which was actually pretty well-done -- gives the impression that you personally are the first to make contact with them and how that's such a huge deal, but then you wait like five in-game minutes and it seems like everyone has met them for a while now.

It's undeniably disruptive to the narrative. It's makes it harder to feel like there's a through-line story here.

On the upside: This game is fun to progress. I don't know if it's the completionist or stats slut in me, but I'm really driven to gain more levels and discover new research and expand more viability and all that, because all that really does have a palpable effect on the game experience. It's completely "video-gamey" and all a matter of numbers, but even very small tasks of the game do a pretty good job of making you feel a sense of accomplishment when you complete them.

more to come or whatever

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

BrianWilly posted:

TRIP REPORT MY FRIENDS:

The narrative continuity of this game is really messy. I don't know if it's a result of it being so "open-world, do whatever you want whenever you want," but what it basically means is that characters end up knowing things before they should know them and discover/develop relationships with each other seemingly off-screen, only for it to be regressed a lil' bit in a later scene. This mostly pertains to your squadmates, but will also affect the "continuity" of the Nexus along with your own in-game knowledge base. Examples include you or other people knowing about the Remnant before anyone actually names them. Also, everything about your first meeting with the Angara -- which was actually pretty well-done -- gives the impression that you personally are the first to make contact with them and how that's such a huge deal, but then you wait like five in-game minutes and it seems like everyone has met them for a while now.

who the gently caress cares? the game is fun and that's the only thing that matters, christ

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Hedrigall posted:

Agreed, they should program the dialogue so that during the sex scene the character goes "Oh, inquisitor, i sure do love your big fat penis! / big fat vagina!" (depending on your player character)

hedrigall is good poster btw

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Milky Moor posted:

who the gently caress cares? the game is fun and that's the only thing that matters, christ

Is this a bit you're doing or have you actually converted to the Good Game camp. I can't keep up with all these plot twists in Days of Our Mass Effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
DA:I combat wasn't that bad, or at least i thought that being a warrior and Scorpioning squishy losers to me to kick them in the face and smash them into the ground was fun

but there was too much of it, with too little variety