Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Goddamn. I just....... goddamn. I can't even imagine. And for it to be so sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Poor Jim. My heart goes out to him. Seconding that I hope he has a good support group around him. RIP Jan Ross.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I'm sure I'll go back to "joking" later but...

Jim Ross overcame Bells Palsy incidents, the WWE itself loving him over countless times, the loss of his mother, the loss of god knows how many friends and colleagues and now this. Like everything I've ever heard about good ole' JR is that he is a peach of a man, how much more poo poo does this guy have to put up with?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Oh man :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'm sure I'll go back to "joking" later but...

Jim Ross overcame Bells Palsy incidents, the WWE itself loving him over countless times, the loss of his mother, the loss of god knows how many friends and colleagues and now this. Like everything I've ever heard about good ole' JR is that he is a peach of a man, how much more poo poo does this guy have to put up with?

God wants JR to do a Job

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Well poo poo :sigh:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
That's the depressing thing about living to an old age, the tragedies just hit you like a tidal wave. It's like your whole life was training you to be able to survive that era of your life. And besides all of the unavoidable illness and death, there's still random unfortunate accidents that can happen on top of that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That's lovely

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

exploded mummy posted:

God wants JR to do a Job
drat it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

God wants JR to do a Job

Jesus

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The person who hit her was a 17 year old boy, I feel sorry for him too. I caused a wreck when I was that young and even though nobody was hurt badly, I was still very shook up by it. Can't imagine this outcome.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Poor loving JR. Goddamn.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

projecthalaxy posted:

The person who hit her was a 17 year old boy, I feel sorry for him too. I caused a wreck when I was that young and even though nobody was hurt badly, I was still very shook up by it. Can't imagine this outcome.

Honestly, as a person who both drives and rides a scooter, I can see how easy it would be to rear end one. Poor guy (do you offer free mental health help in the US after events like this?).

Whether on a scooter/vespa or motorcycle, gear up as appropriately, and for everyone's sake please wear your helmet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wazzu posted:

Honestly, as a person who both drives and rides a scooter, I can see how easy it would be to rear end one. Poor guy (do you offer free mental health help in the US after events like this?).

Free? Man, it's the US.

JR's going to get a multiple thousand dollar bill for watching his wife die.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Make sure to wear helmets. What a lovely situation all around.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Is it not illegal to not wear helmets on scooters? Or is it an infringement on your FREEDOM?

Poor JR, that's the absolute worst. He's always deserved better and life just keeps on kicking him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus, poor JR. That's just horrible :smith:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Is it not illegal to not wear helmets on scooters? Or is it an infringement on your FREEDOM?

Poor JR, that's the absolute worst. He's always deserved better and life just keeps on kicking him.

There are states without helmet laws. Studies actually show less accidents in those states because drivers are more careful when they see a rider without a helmet. I don't know if Jan was in such a state, but not even a helmet will guarantee survival when a car crashes into a scooter.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I haven't watched WWE or wrestling in general in forever, but drat if my heart doesn't go out to Jim Ross. That's a terrible thing for anyone to go through. :smith:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Man, I really feel for JR right now. Poor guy has been through enough in life. My condolences to him and his family.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ugh. And hit by a 17 year old kid. Imagine carrying that around with you for the rest of your life.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Ugh. And hit by a 17 year old kid. Imagine carrying that around with you for the rest of your life.

That's so awful. He (she?) is going to need therapy for a long, long time. :smith:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I hit and killed a trash man when I was 18, so I sincerely sympathize with JR.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
John Cena's doing a great interview on Fallon right now.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Oh god dammit. So awful. Condolences to JR and his family.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
:( Sad for everyone involved.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

So that's what happened to Duke Droese.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Codependent Poster posted:

So that's what happened to Duke Droese.

he became a teacher and got arrested for selling drugs, he also beat triple h cleanly in a filmed MSG show that will never see the light of day.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Can someone remind me why WWE tends to gently caress with JR?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

keevo posted:

He's a "Southern Rasslin" guy and Vince will have none of that

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Gatts posted:

:( Sad for everyone involved.

As god as my witness, my heart is broken in half. :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Roman Reigns is still alive though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

keevo posted:

Vince considers JR a friend, and Vince has really loving bizarre ideas of what is appropriate behavior with a friend (who is also an employee!)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Jerusalem posted:

Vince considers JR a friend, and Vince has really loving bizarre ideas of what is appropriate behavior with a friend (who is also an employee!)

Remember that time Vince made fun of his Bell's palsy on TV? What a great friend.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Benne posted:

He's a "Southern Rasslin" guy and Vince will have none of that

It may also have to do with JR being a nice dude and Vince being a steak-and-steroids golem powered by spite and rapacity. Like, if any of you know the fable of the scorpion and the frog? Vince is the scorpion in that story: he can't not be a fucker, I think.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Eli Wiggum posted:

Roman Reigns is still alive though

Heyooo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nikki Bella is the worst performer in the Cena-Mizanin feud.

But she is being carried by 3 phenomenally entertaining motherfuckers.

I just saw the Talking Smack segment, and Cena is really good.

This is the fanboy in me talking - but I really really hope that both couples are friends, and they aren't hurting each others' feelings.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Maryse is going to shoot on Nikki

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

BrigadierSensible posted:

Nikki Bella is the worst performer in the Cena-Mizanin feud.

But she is being carried by 3 phenomenally entertaining motherfuckers.

I just saw the Talking Smack segment, and Cena is really good.

This is the fanboy in me talking - but I really really hope that both couples are friends, and they aren't hurting each others' feelings.

knowing what we know of backstage last weekend, i won't be shock if they in a pansexual partner swap.

EDIT: Chrome don't think pansexual is a real word, time to summon the tumbler legion to lay siege to silicon valley.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
i just read the news about the terrible vehicular accident.

my thoughts and prayers go out to vince and his bentley in their time of need.

• Locked thread